"The shoulder roll doesn't work against southpaws"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Larryx2011 View Post
    discussed???i saw with my own eyes last night and in person it does work
    No.. he was alternating his defense heavily last night. he got hit quite a few times while doing it and adjusted accordingly. You guys are acting like that was his only line of defense last night, it wasnt.

Comment

To me, he looked lighter on his feet than he was against Mosley. He looked really energized with his movement when he was forced to bounced back or side steps.

Comment

It does work against south paws, you just have to use it in a different way, thinking outside of the box. It does work easier with conventional fighters but to say that it does not work on southpaws is incorrect. I used it in many many rounds with Bronco............Rockin'

Comment

Originally posted by Larryx2011 View Post
          Yep,never understood why people were saying this..floyd looked amazing
          To be honest, it was said with good reason, although Floyd used it very effectively against Ortiz.

Comment

Originally posted by Rockin' View Post
            It does work against south paws, you just have to use it in a different way, thinking outside of the box. It does work easier with conventional fighters but to say that it does not work on southpaws is incorrect. I used it in many many rounds with Bronco............Rockin'
            yea i saw floyd working on it in training..he usually ducks to his left..but he ducked to his right this time and i saw him doing it in sparring..

Comment

http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=509484

Comment

Originally posted by Rockin' View Post
                Bronco Mcart?

Comment

Ortiz got caught with a nice check hook and started backing up.

There was a nice counter, I think in the 3rd round. Not the big one that backed up Ortiz. Another one in which Floyd countered lighting quick off a Ortiz jab.

That was amazing.

Comment

Floyd always fights southpaws like this, and Ortiz definitely caught Floyd with some punches he usually doesn't get caught with. He also had him against the ropes several times before becoming Victor the tree, headbutting and kissing his way onto the canvas.

Comment

Yeah Right, Floyd get hit more times then usual.
                      Round 4, Floyd got caught by ortiz and stumble to the ropes.
                      That where the head butt and sucker punch happened.

I wanna see rematch.

Comment

Working...
                      X