Boxing Forum
  Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade
Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Non Boxing Talk > Boxing Scene Lounge
Register Blogs Chat Arcade Groups Mark Forums Read

Old 04-24-2014, 10:17 PM
justcuz
Banned

Rep Power: 0 justcuz is infamous around these partsjustcuz is infamous around these partsjustcuz is infamous around these partsjustcuz is infamous around these partsjustcuz is infamous around these partsjustcuz is infamous around these partsjustcuz is infamous around these partsjustcuz is infamous around these partsjustcuz is infamous around these partsjustcuz is infamous around these partsjustcuz is infamous around these parts
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 16,793.76
Default Another easy path to the Finals for Lebron.

He's potentially going to face either the Raptors, Nets, Wizards, or Hawks/worst #1 seed ever, Pacers.

Just for the sake of argument, let's say he wins another ring this year. How over hyped will his 3 peat be?
Old 04-24-2014, 10:24 PM
justcuz
Banned

Rep Power: 0 justcuz is infamous around these partsjustcuz is infamous around these partsjustcuz is infamous around these partsjustcuz is infamous around these partsjustcuz is infamous around these partsjustcuz is infamous around these partsjustcuz is infamous around these partsjustcuz is infamous around these partsjustcuz is infamous around these partsjustcuz is infamous around these partsjustcuz is infamous around these parts

Another thing. Damn near 6 out of the 8 Eastern Conference playoff teams wouldn't even seed in the West. That's beyond sad.

The Thunder and Clippers are facing teams that would sweep 7 out of 8 EC playoff teams. I don't even consider the Pacers a true contender anymore. They are hot garbage, getting beat down by a Hawks team without Al Horford.

Literally, every WC playoff team could make it to the conference Finals in the East. Even the Mavs.

Let's not even mention the Blazers or the Rockets. Either of those teams could potentially be a #1 seed in the East.

Last edited by justcuz; 04-24-2014 at 10:29 PM..
Old 04-24-2014, 10:58 PM
4Corners
GRANTANAMO

Rep Power: 41 4Corners has a reputation beyond repute4Corners has a reputation beyond repute4Corners has a reputation beyond repute4Corners has a reputation beyond repute4Corners has a reputation beyond repute4Corners has a reputation beyond repute4Corners has a reputation beyond repute4Corners has a reputation beyond repute4Corners has a reputation beyond repute4Corners has a reputation beyond repute4Corners has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 200,105,840,783.94
respect you as a poster, keep it up champ! - Atreyu Khalil good poster - joesaiditstrue Good poster. Freedom is an idiot. - RossCA No Message - RossCA Great album choices! That's what's up! - jose830 
keep up the solid posts. - sugarsmosley 

I miss the days when I was kid in the 80's watching Magic.

I even miss when I was a young adult in my late teens/early 20's watching Kobe and Shaq. The glory days of the Lakers/Spurs rivalry. All those crazy series against Portland and Sacramento.

The East would be good again in a few more years, but it's sad right now. Washington has Wall and Beal, they're a player away from being a 50-60 win team consistently. The Bulls could land Carmelo this summer, with a hopefully healthy Rose and Noah, they'll be real good. The Pacers need a new coach, they'll be back next year. They ain't winning anything this year though. I've never seen a team so good fall so far in a matter of a couple months. The Heat will be the Heat for another 3 years or so. And once Bosh and Wade are gone, they can potentially pick up some more big names inf ree agency down the line for Lebrons final years.

But what the NBA needs to do is get rid conferences completely......seriously. Just have all the teams and take the 16 best teams. 1 seed vs 16 seed and so on.

Also, the NBA needs the Lakers and/or the Celtics. When both suck, it's just not quite the same, though I'm watching regardless. Both will suck next year though too. But I'm hoping my Lakers can pick up two max free agents in 2015, hopefully Rando and Love, and maybe another mid level free agent like Robin Lopez or something. Set themselves up for life after Kobe.

Last edited by 4Corners; 04-24-2014 at 11:00 PM..
Old 04-24-2014, 11:08 PM
JHAVIS
Interim Champion

Rep Power: 0 JHAVIS is infamous around these partsJHAVIS is infamous around these partsJHAVIS is infamous around these partsJHAVIS is infamous around these partsJHAVIS is infamous around these partsJHAVIS is infamous around these partsJHAVIS is infamous around these partsJHAVIS is infamous around these partsJHAVIS is infamous around these partsJHAVIS is infamous around these partsJHAVIS is infamous around these parts
Total Points: 27,497.96

Quote:
Originally Posted by justcuz View Post
He's potentially going to face either the Raptors, Nets, Wizards, or Hawks/worst #1 seed ever, Pacers.

Just for the sake of argument, let's say he wins another ring this year. How over hyped will his 3 peat be?
The three peat wouldn't be overhyped at all,Lebron is the truth. He's probably the only player in the league that could go to any team and make them a legit contender. Bron could go the Bucks and they'll make it to the finals.

Last edited by JHAVIS; 04-24-2014 at 11:12 PM..
Old 04-24-2014, 11:13 PM
4Corners
GRANTANAMO

Rep Power: 41 4Corners has a reputation beyond repute4Corners has a reputation beyond repute4Corners has a reputation beyond repute4Corners has a reputation beyond repute4Corners has a reputation beyond repute4Corners has a reputation beyond repute4Corners has a reputation beyond repute4Corners has a reputation beyond repute4Corners has a reputation beyond repute4Corners has a reputation beyond repute4Corners has a reputation beyond repute
respect you as a poster, keep it up champ! - Atreyu Khalil good poster - joesaiditstrue Good poster. Freedom is an idiot. - RossCA No Message - RossCA Great album choices! That's what's up! - jose830 

The thing is, yes.....it's an the east is possibly the easiest it's ever been to get through to the finals.

But....Lebron did beat the Thunder in the finals and the Spurs. So it's not like he was beating mediocre teams in the finals.

I wouldn't and couldn't pick any team in the West right now to beat the Heat in a 7 game series when it's all on the table. The Spurs just got their sh*t pushed in by an average Dallas team, OKC isn't championship when it matters and can't seem to beat Memphis, Clippers just haven't shown me enough yet, and I just couldn't pick Portland against the Heat in a 7 game series. And the Rockets are a good team, but Dwight isn't big time to me. It's amazing to me that he took Orlando to the finals by beating Lebron once upon a time, they could end up swept by Portland is they aren't careful.
Old 04-24-2014, 11:25 PM
justcuz
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Corners View Post
The thing is, yes.....it's an the east is possibly the easiest it's ever been to get through to the finals.

But....Lebron did beat the Thunder in the finals and the Spurs. So it's not like he was beating mediocre teams in the finals.

I wouldn't and couldn't pick any team in the West right now to beat the Heat in a 7 game series when it's all on the table. The Spurs just got their sh*t pushed in by an average Dallas team, OKC isn't championship when it matters and can't seem to beat Memphis, Clippers just haven't shown me enough yet, and I just couldn't pick Portland against the Heat in a 7 game series. And the Rockets are a good team, but Dwight isn't big time to me. It's amazing to me that he took Orlando to the finals by beating Lebron once upon a time, they could end up swept by Portland is they aren't careful.
The point is, the West has potentially very bad match ups for the Heat. For example, I could easily see the Spurs, Blazers, Clippers, Rockets (Dwight would destroy that front line), and the Thunder all beating the Heat even before they could make it to the conference Finals. That's my point.

It's easy for us to say the Heat would beat all these WC teams, because they beat the EC teams that ALWAYS have injuries at the worst times in the season, but what did the Finals show us? WC style offenses can cause the Heat the most trouble. You really can't see the Clippers, Blazers or Rockets upsetting them? I definitely can. They just don't get that chance because the Heat are in the crappy EC.

And the Spurs go without saying. They all but won the Finals if it wasn't for the most miraculous Finals sequence ever in history.
Old 04-24-2014, 11:27 PM
justcuz
Banned

Quote:
But what the NBA needs to do is get rid conferences completely......seriously. Just have all the teams and take the 16 best teams. 1 seed vs 16 seed and so on.
Conferences are necessary for travel, even though I have no idea why the T-Wolves are in the West, but for playoff seeding, I agree, they should go by actual win/loss ratio.

And the divisional wins shouldn't mean as much as they do. That's just BS. Just because you're the closest city to me, doesn't mean that win or loss should mean more.
Old 04-24-2014, 11:30 PM
4Corners
GRANTANAMO

Quote:
Originally Posted by justcuz View Post
Conferences are necessary for travel, even though I have no idea why the T-Wolves are in the West, but for playoff seeding, I agree, they should go by actual win/loss ratio.

And the divisional wins shouldn't mean as much as they do. That's just BS. Just because you're the closest city to me, doesn't mean that win or loss should mean more.
Or Memphis for that matter lol

The divisions are a joke too. Denver, Utah, OKC in the Northwest??? There's one team in the NBA that could northwest. New Orleans in the Southwest???
Old 04-24-2014, 11:33 PM
justcuz
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHAVIS View Post
The three peat wouldn't be overhyped at all,Lebron is the truth. He's probably the only player in the league that could go to any team and make them a legit contender. Bron could go the Bucks and they'll make it to the finals.
No he couldn't and yeah he could. The East is that damn bad. Of course, if Rose is injured again, the Pacers show their true colors, and the rest of the East is the way it is, then yeah, I think many great players in NBA history could lead a Bucks team to the Finals in THIS Eastern conference.
Old 04-24-2014, 11:35 PM
justcuz
Banned

Quote:
Or Memphis for that matter lol

The divisions are a joke too. Denver, Utah, OKC in the Northwest??? There's one team in the NBA that could northwest. New Orleans in the Southwest???
Yeah, Memphis as well. Everything's all messed up. I mean, the Hawks made it into the playoffs for christ's sake, and let's not forget how inflated some of the EC playoff teams wins are when they're going up against teams that are flagrantly trying to tank for Wiggins and Jabari. It's downright embarrassing how many teams are tanking this year.