Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing
View Poll Results: Have you forgiven Margarito for being caught with plaster-wraps against Mosley?
I've forgiven him 12 19.35%
Unforgivable 42 67.74%
Unsure 8 12.90%
Voters: 62. You may not vote on this poll

Thread Navigation

Old 09-11-2011, 04:41 PM
dutchschaffer
Contender

Rep Power: 6 dutchschaffer has a reputation beyond reputedutchschaffer has a reputation beyond reputedutchschaffer has a reputation beyond reputedutchschaffer has a reputation beyond reputedutchschaffer has a reputation beyond reputedutchschaffer has a reputation beyond reputedutchschaffer has a reputation beyond reputedutchschaffer has a reputation beyond reputedutchschaffer has a reputation beyond reputedutchschaffer has a reputation beyond reputedutchschaffer has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 59,662,194.39
Total Points: 69,930,158.96

Unforgivable. I can't stand Margarito but even if my favorite boxer got caught with illegal wraps, I'd expect a life ban. Especially if he knew about it. And how can you not know?!?
No matter how well packed the wraps are, you'd notice how hard they were before and after the fight. You do have time in the dressing room to warm up and prepare.
Margarito cheated (and I believe they did it before as well) and how the guy is still allowed to fight I'll never know. It's not like there's no other Boxers out there wanting to fight, an honest fight. This sports getting too bogged down with cheaters and rule benders with steroids and all sorts. It's a sport, you should act like sportsmen. Compete, honestly. Or else, what's the point?
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 09-11-2011, 04:43 PM
mushahadeen
Banned

Rep Power: 0 mushahadeen has a reputation beyond reputemushahadeen has a reputation beyond reputemushahadeen has a reputation beyond reputemushahadeen has a reputation beyond reputemushahadeen has a reputation beyond reputemushahadeen has a reputation beyond reputemushahadeen has a reputation beyond reputemushahadeen has a reputation beyond reputemushahadeen has a reputation beyond reputemushahadeen has a reputation beyond reputemushahadeen has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 4,806,383.64
sit on that you cunt - project xxx1 I know you need it - kyshenko team Add this to your collection - led you deserve a kick for being so stupid - Freedom. stop being racist - Freedom. 
you can pretend it's Floyd - Freedom. You'll need it for Chavez Jr - vacon04 ownage of a pactard - I'm so sorry love your style of posting, keep it up - Primera Pretend its Chavez Jr and sit on it. - Sir. Afiln 
No Message - whoseyourdaddy p4p best chavez jr fan - Perro For the 15th to dry your tears - dan_cov For Chavez Jr when you visit him in hospital - dan_cov 
Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - mathed Gay and Lesbian Pride - kyshenko team Gay and Lesbian Pride - MANIAC310 Gay and Lesbian Pride - Freedom. 

if Steroidgio Martinez is still allowed to box, Margarito should too.
Old 09-11-2011, 04:45 PM
Mr. Fantastic
Banned

Rep Power: 0 Mr. Fantastic has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Fantastic has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Fantastic has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Fantastic has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Fantastic has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Fantastic has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Fantastic has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Fantastic has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Fantastic has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Fantastic has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Fantastic has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 20,557,360,039,827.33
Total Points: 20,557,360,314,266.31
good poster - Gift Of Gab It's all good homey - mangler bravo..one round of beer on me - strugler Chicano79us LOVES B-Hop - El Dominicano A gift for the pretty chicana. - Jim Jeffries 
A toast, to all your sexy avatars - mangler Round 2 on me! - jazluvr449 Here's the beer you owe me...lol. - jazluvr449 To the chapters of rivalry - andyp513 have a beer homey - -MAKAVELLI- 
It's on me, buddy! =D - TintaBoricua stick it up your ass :) - heat27 stop crying - heat27 great poster, here give this to all of those floyd fans who keep hating lmao - cawadoody Merry Christmas and Happy New Year - Freedom. 
one of the best posters - MANIAC310 nice true and informative sig - thuggery you don't like Cotto, i don't like Margarito...that said...i give you respect for your avi :fing02: - jose830 and your sig speaks the truth! - jose830 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - .::WaRCoTTo::. Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - jazluvr449 Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - dj emz Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - jazluvr Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - I'm so sorry 

I forgave him due to it not being proven that he actually used them in a fight. Also, Tito got a slap on the hand and so did Mosley when they cheated but yet people are all over their nuts. Margarito actually did his time and had the courtesy not to fight in Mexico during the time he was suspended. He took it like a man.

Now if it were to of been proven that he used them in a fight, then I'd say that's unforgivable.
Old 09-11-2011, 04:49 PM
uoykcuf
Banned

Bank: 380,681,354.58
Total Points: 381,038,727.99
one of boxingscene's best posters - Freedom. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Fantastic View Post
I forgave him due to it not being proven that he actually used them in a fight. Also, Tito got a slap on the hand and so did Mosley when they cheated but yet people are all over their nuts. Margarito actually did his time and had the courtesy not to fight in Mexico during the time he was suspended. He took it like a man.

Now if it were to of been proven that he used them in a fight, then I'd say that's unforgivable.
Even if he never used them in a fight before, isn't the intentions to use them just as bad? It's like if someone has the intentions to murder someone but is caught before they can kill them.
Old 09-11-2011, 04:52 PM
Mr. Fantastic
Banned

Rep Power: 0 Mr. Fantastic has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Fantastic has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Fantastic has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Fantastic has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Fantastic has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Fantastic has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Fantastic has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Fantastic has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Fantastic has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Fantastic has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Fantastic has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 20,557,360,039,827.33
Total Points: 20,557,360,314,266.31
good poster - Gift Of Gab It's all good homey - mangler bravo..one round of beer on me - strugler Chicano79us LOVES B-Hop - El Dominicano A gift for the pretty chicana. - Jim Jeffries 
A toast, to all your sexy avatars - mangler Round 2 on me! - jazluvr449 Here's the beer you owe me...lol. - jazluvr449 To the chapters of rivalry - andyp513 have a beer homey - -MAKAVELLI- 
It's on me, buddy! =D - TintaBoricua stick it up your ass :) - heat27 stop crying - heat27 great poster, here give this to all of those floyd fans who keep hating lmao - cawadoody Merry Christmas and Happy New Year - Freedom. 
one of the best posters - MANIAC310 nice true and informative sig - thuggery you don't like Cotto, i don't like Margarito...that said...i give you respect for your avi :fing02: - jose830 and your sig speaks the truth! - jose830 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - .::WaRCoTTo::. Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - jazluvr449 Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - dj emz Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - jazluvr Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - I'm so sorry 

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegendOfLink View Post
Even if he never used them in a fight before, isn't the intentions to use them just as bad? It's like if someone has the intentions to murder someone but is caught before they can kill them.
The intention was bad but like I said, he paid for that crime.

LMAO @ murder. What the hell ever man! Not even weak minded Collins died in the ring and neither did that one African guy.
Old 09-11-2011, 04:55 PM
MajorKong
Banned

Rep Power: 0 MajorKong has a reputation beyond reputeMajorKong has a reputation beyond reputeMajorKong has a reputation beyond reputeMajorKong has a reputation beyond reputeMajorKong has a reputation beyond reputeMajorKong has a reputation beyond reputeMajorKong has a reputation beyond reputeMajorKong has a reputation beyond reputeMajorKong has a reputation beyond reputeMajorKong has a reputation beyond reputeMajorKong has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 70,836.78
blue parallelogram for you - Jack Napier you're on a roll since your latest comeback - Jack Napier kill - Ether A true hero. - dj Benze one of my favorite posters - Freedom. 
нагнём всех! - kyshenko team Whoreville Appreciation Award - Jack Napier 

Quote:
The intention was bad but like I said, he paid for that crime.

LMAO @ murder. What the hell ever man! Not even weak minded Collins died in the ring and neither did that one African guy.
Bro, don't listen to him. There was no wraps. I know people that were in that locker room. Trust me on this.

The issue was a knuckle pad. There was no plaster, there was no "intention". It was a simple mistake by Cappy caused by Richardson going in there to start **** with the camp. The commission watched Cappy do the whole hand and signed off on it.

It was much ado over nothing.

These Cotto fans are a piece of work.

Old 09-11-2011, 04:56 PM
LaMigra
Banned

Rep Power: 0 LaMigra has a reputation beyond reputeLaMigra has a reputation beyond reputeLaMigra has a reputation beyond reputeLaMigra has a reputation beyond reputeLaMigra has a reputation beyond reputeLaMigra has a reputation beyond reputeLaMigra has a reputation beyond reputeLaMigra has a reputation beyond reputeLaMigra has a reputation beyond reputeLaMigra has a reputation beyond reputeLaMigra has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 39,158.57

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forza View Post
Yes I forgive him just like I forgive tito trinidad
LOL. Big difference... Tito wrapped his hands like BOTH Pacquiao and Margarito did for their fight. Tape directly on skin... No plaster son. Stick to fist pumping and twisting your lip like a low IQ pasty ape.

Paulie Malignaggi is your only option. Embrace your italian hero.
Old 09-11-2011, 04:58 PM
LaMigra
Banned

Rep Power: 0 LaMigra has a reputation beyond reputeLaMigra has a reputation beyond reputeLaMigra has a reputation beyond reputeLaMigra has a reputation beyond reputeLaMigra has a reputation beyond reputeLaMigra has a reputation beyond reputeLaMigra has a reputation beyond reputeLaMigra has a reputation beyond reputeLaMigra has a reputation beyond reputeLaMigra has a reputation beyond reputeLaMigra has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fooly Cooly View Post
If he had plaster wraps I would not forgive him.

But he didnt, the issue was over an old knuckle pad being used vs. a new one. It was a non issue that got drawn out for no reason other than to justify the CSAC's job.

He'll destroy Cotto again soon enough and half the mental defectives on this site can go whine about something else that doesn't exist.
How is the weather in Mexico? Also... do you have a recipe I could borrow for Guacamole?
Old 09-11-2011, 05:02 PM
LaMigra
Banned

Quote:

?????

Son, Tito did NOT try to bring PLASTER into the ring. The dispute was a minor technicality. Tape on skin as opposed to Gauze first, THEN tape. In Vegas it is PERFECTLY LEGAL. NYC has different rules... EVEN Naseem confirmed this to be so.

You are a pathetic mexican. How sleazy do you have to be to think this disgusting behavior by a fighter, is acceptable? This sickness of yours alone, is why I vote to secure the border. Disgusting.
Old 09-11-2011, 05:04 PM
BoxerDood
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 14 BoxerDood has a reputation beyond reputeBoxerDood has a reputation beyond reputeBoxerDood has a reputation beyond reputeBoxerDood has a reputation beyond reputeBoxerDood has a reputation beyond reputeBoxerDood has a reputation beyond reputeBoxerDood has a reputation beyond reputeBoxerDood has a reputation beyond reputeBoxerDood has a reputation beyond reputeBoxerDood has a reputation beyond reputeBoxerDood has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 68,158,551.07
Total Points: 68,383,854.60

Yeah, I forgive him. I think either him or his trainer were really worried because he struggled to make weight and doubted his chances, so they made a stupid desperation move. I think it was a horrible choice, but nobody's perfect and I've seen plenty of people make bad choices out of desperation. The most important part of this is that Naazim caught them before he could do some serious damage to Shane. He suffered the consequences, and now is his chance to redeem himself.