Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing
Closed Thread
Thread Navigation

Old 08-30-2011, 01:11 PM
The Big Dunn
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 49 The Big Dunn has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Dunn has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Dunn has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Dunn has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Dunn has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Dunn has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Dunn has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Dunn has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Dunn has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Dunn has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Dunn has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 15,992,555,911,109.47
Total Points: 16,003,556,468,457.08
Have some! - Tamis_Siensya respect you as a poster, keep it up champ! - Atreyu Khalil cheers! - JAB5239 Your UNCONDITIONAL love for Floyd - Freedom. couldnt green you so heres a medal for your bravery against the tards lol - Rapid Counter 
No Message - Sugar Booger ;) - QuebecSTAR2 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grinderman View Post
You have your mind made up, so why ask other people questions that you don't care about the answers to? Vitali will be in the HOF whether you want him to be or not.
I don't know if he will or not. I'm trying to see why you or new england thinks he is going. Maybe I'm missing something but since you haven't disagreed with points I've made maybe I'm not. A loss to Lewis and a comeback win over Sam Peter after 3 yr layoff (and given special treatment by WBC) are his most notable fights. Thats hard to make the HOF off that.
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 08-30-2011, 01:13 PM
IronDanHamza
IronDanHamza

Rep Power: 69 IronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 3,010,040,003,503,265.50
Total Points: 3,039,260,119,646,871.50
One of the best posters on the site. - Barnburner medal of honor - New England For ur award winning thread buddy - The Surgeon For getting more than 80% on my quiz. - Barnburner Super-Poster - McGoorty 
You have excellent boxing knowledge keep sharing! - rorymac Prize for thread contributions - McGoorty Merry Crimbo - The Surgeon for the facts... - Alx. Thanks for joining the discussion in my thread about GF's and boxing, its nice to hear everyones experiences with being a fan of the sport!!! - Atreyu Khalil 
Cool dude - BoxingGenius27 Happy New Year - Freedom. on the house... - mathed IronDanHamza knows boxing! - LoadedWraps Your unconditional love for Floyd - Freedom2014 
Lou Gehrig's Disease (ALS) - New England Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Barnburner Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - Barnburner 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Left Hook Tua View Post
why is it so hard to imagine wlad losing to atg's and hofers?

we don't even have to imagine wlad losing to mediocre opponents. we have it on video.
I genuinely don't understand this either.

Thinking Holmes, Tyson and Liston could beat Wladimir Klitschko is not a far fetched idea.
Old 08-30-2011, 01:20 PM
Grinderman
Banned

Rep Power: 0 Grinderman has a reputation beyond reputeGrinderman has a reputation beyond reputeGrinderman has a reputation beyond reputeGrinderman has a reputation beyond reputeGrinderman has a reputation beyond reputeGrinderman has a reputation beyond reputeGrinderman has a reputation beyond reputeGrinderman has a reputation beyond reputeGrinderman has a reputation beyond reputeGrinderman has a reputation beyond reputeGrinderman has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 45,016,965.11
Great poster. - dancovboxer 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Sir TomJones 

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronDanHamza View Post

Thinking Holmes, Tyson and Liston could beat Wladimir Klitschko is not a far fetched idea.

Tyson lost to Buster Douglas, Danny Williams, Kevin McBride.

Liston fought in mostly mob fixed fights, including his losses to Clay.

Lennox Lewis was knocked cold by two journeymen.

Holmes fought ridiculous bums like Tex Cobb.

So if the idea is that Wlad is flawed but the others are perfect, that is far from the truth.

It's just that Wlad's flaws are always magnified, and the flaws of the people he is compared to downplayed, by people who hate the Klitschkos.

Old 08-30-2011, 01:21 PM
The Big Dunn
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 49 The Big Dunn has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Dunn has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Dunn has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Dunn has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Dunn has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Dunn has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Dunn has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Dunn has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Dunn has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Dunn has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Dunn has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 15,992,555,911,109.47
Total Points: 16,003,556,468,457.08
Have some! - Tamis_Siensya respect you as a poster, keep it up champ! - Atreyu Khalil cheers! - JAB5239 Your UNCONDITIONAL love for Floyd - Freedom. couldnt green you so heres a medal for your bravery against the tards lol - Rapid Counter 
No Message - Sugar Booger ;) - QuebecSTAR2 

Quote:

Cmon Irondanhamza and left hook tua. Its not that wlad who got Ko'd by bums its the wlad that just beat david haye. You have to get your wlad's right. lol.
Old 08-30-2011, 01:28 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Life On Mars?

Rep Power: 57 Ziggy Stardust has a reputation beyond reputeZiggy Stardust has a reputation beyond reputeZiggy Stardust has a reputation beyond reputeZiggy Stardust has a reputation beyond reputeZiggy Stardust has a reputation beyond reputeZiggy Stardust has a reputation beyond reputeZiggy Stardust has a reputation beyond reputeZiggy Stardust has a reputation beyond reputeZiggy Stardust has a reputation beyond reputeZiggy Stardust has a reputation beyond reputeZiggy Stardust has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 118,589,614,972,966.30
Total Points: 118,589,614,978,117.78
No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest 
No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest 
for you homie, - Tha_Greatest For 'always' making me lol - mickey malone Thanks for the thumbs up! - Holtol BURR! Until I can get you some green... - Bloody$Nate$ U called it -  Classic Klitchko Snoozer! - The Surgeon 
Send a message via Yahoo to Ziggy Stardust

Quote:

Tyson lost to Williams and McBride long after he was washed up. While far from an ATG, Douglas is better then anyone on Wlad's pathetic resume.

Quote:
Provide proof or STFU.

Quote:
Wlad was knocked cold by THREE journeymen.

Quote:
And he also fought fighters like Shavers, Weaver, Norton, Witherspoon, Cooney, ect. who were better then anyone either Wlad has faced.

Quote:
So if the idea is that Wlad is flawed but the others are perfect, that is far from the truth.
Nobody's talking about p
perfection. But those others weren't KOed by a golfer.

Quote:
It's just that Wlad's flaws are always magnified, and the flaws of the people he is compared to downplayed.
Maybe because he has far more of them then the ones you mentioned hmmmmm?

Poet
Old 08-30-2011, 01:31 PM
IronDanHamza
IronDanHamza

Rep Power: 69 IronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond repute
One of the best posters on the site. - Barnburner medal of honor - New England For ur award winning thread buddy - The Surgeon For getting more than 80% on my quiz. - Barnburner Super-Poster - McGoorty 
You have excellent boxing knowledge keep sharing! - rorymac Prize for thread contributions - McGoorty Merry Crimbo - The Surgeon for the facts... - Alx. Thanks for joining the discussion in my thread about GF's and boxing, its nice to hear everyones experiences with being a fan of the sport!!! - Atreyu Khalil 
Cool dude - BoxingGenius27 Happy New Year - Freedom. on the house... - mathed IronDanHamza knows boxing! - LoadedWraps Your unconditional love for Floyd - Freedom2014 
Lou Gehrig's Disease (ALS) - New England Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Barnburner Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - Barnburner 

Quote:

It's just that Wlad's flaws are always magnified, and the flaws of the people he is compared to downplayed, by people who hate the Klitschkos.

Mike Tyson, Larry Holmes and Sonny Liston are far from perfect. I don't see anyone making that claim.

You have absolutley nothing to back up your claim of all of Sonny Liston's fights being fixed. Just sheer speculation.

Lennox Lewis was NOT knocked out cold twice. I don't understan why so many people say this. Oliver McCall did NOT 'knock him out cold'.

The fact remains that it is not far fetched to suggest that ATG Heavyweights such as Liston, Tyson and Holmes could beat Wladimir Klitschko.
Old 08-30-2011, 01:36 PM
Grinderman
Banned

Rep Power: 0 Grinderman has a reputation beyond reputeGrinderman has a reputation beyond reputeGrinderman has a reputation beyond reputeGrinderman has a reputation beyond reputeGrinderman has a reputation beyond reputeGrinderman has a reputation beyond reputeGrinderman has a reputation beyond reputeGrinderman has a reputation beyond reputeGrinderman has a reputation beyond reputeGrinderman has a reputation beyond reputeGrinderman has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 45,016,965.11
Great poster. - dancovboxer 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Sir TomJones 

Quote:
Mike Tyson, Larry Holmes and Sonny Liston are far from perfect. I don't see anyone making that claim.

You have absolutley nothing to back up your claim of all of Sonny Liston's fights being fixed. Just sheer speculation.
You want the facts about Liston and the mob, read The Devil and Sonny Liston, written by a guy who loves Liston, I might add.

As years passed, the more I learned of boxing, and the more fighters I saw fight, the more I knew that there was no other fighter like Sonny Liston. There never had been, and there never would be. And the more I lived and learned of other things, the more I began to feel that the secret history of Sonny Liston would reveal one of the greatest Mob tales ever told, a tale that ended in a murder mystery whose solution seemed to be lost forever, as gone as that night when Sonny's dead man's eyes went dead for good. I did not know that it would also reveal the forces of another, unexplored darkness, an underworld unto itself. And I did not know, above all, that it would reveal a soul that, even amid the darkness in which it dwelt, eluded all concepts of good and evil, of right and wrong, of light and dark themselves.

(C) 2000 Nick Tosches All rights reserved. ISBN: 0-316-89775-2

Last edited by Grinderman; 08-30-2011 at 01:40 PM.
Old 08-30-2011, 01:42 PM
Mannie Phresh
LUCAS KO'S FLOYD

Rep Power: 46 Mannie Phresh has a reputation beyond reputeMannie Phresh has a reputation beyond reputeMannie Phresh has a reputation beyond reputeMannie Phresh has a reputation beyond reputeMannie Phresh has a reputation beyond reputeMannie Phresh has a reputation beyond reputeMannie Phresh has a reputation beyond reputeMannie Phresh has a reputation beyond reputeMannie Phresh has a reputation beyond reputeMannie Phresh has a reputation beyond reputeMannie Phresh has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 24,251,535,806,914,648.00
Total Points: 25,351,535,806,927,156.00
Nice user title - rorymac No Message - Tha_Greatest Keep grillin these kids. - Kenny MF Powers No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Mannie Phresh 
Happy Easter :kiss: - Bossy Thanks for joining the discussion in my thread about GF's and boxing, its nice to hear everyones experiences with being a fan of the sport!!! - Atreyu Khalil Here's one for the kid. COngrats bro! - led* heres to your baby boy cheers - MARKBNLV Congratulations on your baby boy...have some coffee! - jose830 
No Message - MARKBNLV not sure whos alt u are but i like you lol - ~BoZz~ Happy holidays bro! - led* lmaoooo! what you just posted on MEAT's thread deserves a burger :lol1: - jose830 WAR LUCASSS may the powerful toxins of iguana meat flow thru his veins - thuggery 
No Message - jose830 :luvbed: - -jose- you need more gifts - sugarsmosley great post! - -jose- Mannie Phresh is a G - Mike D 
World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -jose- 

how is it wrong to think vlad beats liston? i dont get it.
Old 08-30-2011, 01:44 PM
TheGreatA
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 42 TheGreatA has a reputation beyond reputeTheGreatA has a reputation beyond reputeTheGreatA has a reputation beyond reputeTheGreatA has a reputation beyond reputeTheGreatA has a reputation beyond reputeTheGreatA has a reputation beyond reputeTheGreatA has a reputation beyond reputeTheGreatA has a reputation beyond reputeTheGreatA has a reputation beyond reputeTheGreatA has a reputation beyond reputeTheGreatA has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 210,063,662,049.93
Total Points: 211,063,910,632.79
To a great poster!! - abosworth great poster. - Melly-Mel For finding the Guzman stream, when nobody else could. - The_Bringer Just wanted to keep the pattern going Machine - danc1984 One of NSBs best contributors - BostonGuy 
7000 posts, congrats!! - JAB5239 To the LinkMaster! - S a m u r a i Respects to a great poster - Gift Of Gab Props on the picture! :lol1: - Spacey1991 Jussi Jääskeläinen - ЯiZО 
For Busting Rafael Benitez aka Slimey Limey - poet682006 To Celebrate The Exposure Of Rafael Benitez aka Slimey Limey - poet682006 thanks for the lesson! - mellow_mood This gift is for the videos you posted on my Tyson/Patterson thread a while back.  I recently noticed you posted some great interview videos of Patterson on the thread which I missed at the time because I didn’t follow up on checking the responses. - Benny Leonard For doing a great Glen Johnson highlight video! - St Lion 
To a great historian - Stoppage Good debate. No hard feelings. - Method Checker HERES TO YOU LEFTY - markbnlv Thanks for sharing your boxing knowledge. - Talisayen No Message - dancovboxer 
Hepatitis C - BattlingNelson World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - MARKBNLV 

From an interview with Manny Steward (Wladimir Klitschko's trainer):

Quote:
Q: If Sonny Liston had gotten his shot earlier against Floyd Patterson and if he didn***8217;t have Ali coming up, how good could Sonny Liston have been?

A: Sonny Liston, I watched Sonny Liston when I was a teenager do something that I***8217;ve never seen any heavyweight do***8212;walk through the whole division almost from being the number ten guy all the way up to the champion because he was that devastating like around ***8217;57, and ***8217;58, and ***8217;59. I mean he had unbelievable brutal punching power. He was mean, punched with both hands, and I think that the time that he finally got to the title, I think his best years had gone and right after he won the title he began to live the life of a middle aged wealthy man. He lost the real focus that he had earlier. ***8217;57, ***8217;58, and ***8217;59 he was one of the most vicious machines probably ever in boxing, but after he won the title, from my reports and from what I gather, he started drinking a lot and he was golfing and he just lost that total edge. He was living the life of a comfortable man and then here comes exactly what the computer prints out***8212;the thing in the world for him..

A fast, young fighter, good movement, a solid amateur background, and who had been fighting on a regular basis, so therefore when the match-up came it was just perfect timing for one, terrible timing for another guy who had slipped past his prime***8212;but if they had fought, in like say ***8217;58 or ***8217;59, a prime Sonny Liston and a prime I would still say Cassius Clay or whatever***8212;I don***8217;t know. I don***8217;t know. Sonny at that stage was just such a really powerful wrecking machine and I remember the fights he had with Cleveland Williams***8212;oh my God. I don***8217;t know, Sonny might have won if they would have fought at that time.
Old 08-30-2011, 01:44 PM
IronDanHamza
IronDanHamza

Quote:
You want the facts about Liston and the mob, read The Devil and Sonny Liston, written by a guy who loves Liston, I might add.

As years passed, the more I learned of boxing, and the more fighters I saw fight, the more I knew that there was no other fighter like Sonny Liston. There never had been, and there never would be. And the more I lived and learned of other things, the more I began to feel that the secret history of Sonny Liston would reveal one of the greatest Mob tales ever told, a tale that ended in a murder mystery whose solution seemed to be lost forever, as gone as that night when Sonny's dead man's eyes went dead for good. I did not know that it would also reveal the forces of another, unexplored darkness, an underworld unto itself. And I did not know, above all, that it would reveal a soul that, even amid the darkness in which it dwelt, eluded all concepts of good and evil, of right and wrong, of light and dark themselves.

(C) 2000 Nick Tosches All rights reserved. ISBN: 0-316-89775-2
That piece presents absolutely no evidence what so ever that all of Sonny Liston's fights were fixed. It doesn't even mention anything remotely about that.

And not a single book written about Sonny Liston does, either.
Closed Thread