Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Training & Nutrition
Thread Navigation

Old 08-25-2011, 10:08 AM
moneymayforever
Contender

Rep Power: 4 moneymayforever has much to be proud ofmoneymayforever has much to be proud ofmoneymayforever has much to be proud ofmoneymayforever has much to be proud ofmoneymayforever has much to be proud ofmoneymayforever has much to be proud ofmoneymayforever has much to be proud ofmoneymayforever has much to be proud ofmoneymayforever has much to be proud of
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 10,072,496.65

hey chowace, its really complicated, like my dad said if i were you then i'll go quit and go straight off to a bigger gym, find a job and train everyday. god damn it there are people, such as the kameda family (i dont know if you know them but the 3 kameda champions could not go to school because their stupid ass dad didnt let'em)and of course hozumi hasegawa who quit high school. My mom said that school is so improtant to me right now. i really want to focus on boxing, but what my mom says is true. boxing changed from the 1990's, we cant just quit school, christ sake im not even a pro.
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 08-25-2011, 10:23 AM
Dudemanguy
Amateur

Total Points: 2,910.45

If nothing else spar first man, before you quit everything heh.

*Nice dedication though*
Old 08-25-2011, 10:45 AM
Barn
TheTartanSoldier

Rep Power: 47 Barn has a reputation beyond reputeBarn has a reputation beyond reputeBarn has a reputation beyond reputeBarn has a reputation beyond reputeBarn has a reputation beyond reputeBarn has a reputation beyond reputeBarn has a reputation beyond reputeBarn has a reputation beyond reputeBarn has a reputation beyond reputeBarn has a reputation beyond reputeBarn has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 580,470,819,434,184.00
Total Points: 581,254,730,988,910.75
Keep up the top notch vids - JAB5239 Merry Crimbo! - The Surgeon To another of a select group of real boxing fans who really know their boxing history! - Terry A Your 4000th post and you quoted me, I'm honoured! Happy 4k :wave: - *Boss Lady* 4 the uploads! - chiguy91 
Congrats on 5K solid KO's.. - !! AI-Holmes!! For you epic break down of Oreo's, and the Mayan calendar. lmaooooooooo - Sweet Pea 50 well deserved - the collector For the massive amount of points given - MindBat Merry X-mas Lad! Have a good un! - The Surgeon 
Happy New Year - Freedom. You're going to need it to beat me. - D-MiZe victory is sweet , rigotard and proud!! - HUGH JASS Rigonation badge of honor! - dan_cov your first post in the weed thread barn! , i know you don't smoke , keep it that way young one!! - HUGH JASS 
Happy birthday! Hope you have a good one. - dan_cov Boxingscene Chat room :fing02: - jose830 what up homie...just incase I want you to know I had nothing to do with that thread title change that's your thread bro - -jose- :love: - -jose- For the help buddy - Badzi87 
Lou Gehrig's Disease (ALS) - NChristo Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - NChristo Childhood Cancer - NChristo Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - NChristo Hepatitis C - NChristo 
Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - NChristo Eating Disorders - Esophageal Cancer - Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease - Irritable Bowel Syndrome - Pulmonary Hypertension - NChristo Male Breast Cancer - Pregnancy Loss - Infant Loss - Sudden Infant Death - NChristo Autism - NChristo Emphysema - Lung Cancer - Lung Disease - Multiple Sclerosis - NChristo 
Cultural Diversity - Hunger - Leukemia - Lupus - Melanoma - Racial Tolerance - Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome - Self Injury - NChristo Myasthenia Gravis - Ovarian Cancer - Sexual Assault - Substance Abuse - NChristo Hodgkin's Disease - Testicular Cancer - NChristo Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - NChristo World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - arraamis 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - chiguy91 Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - codey Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - codey Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - codey Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Daniel Alpha 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockin' View Post
Take it from somebody who has been there and done that, finish your schooling. You have no amatuer experience (I'm assuming) and plan to earn a living being a pro fighter, I don't mean to burst your bubble but chances are that you will make far less fighting than you would even a minimum wage job when it's all said and done.

I had a good amatuer background, at a time they tell me that I was one of the top amatuers in the state. I turned pro and was fighting on television right from my first pro bout. Alot of things can happen, in the ring and in your life in general. Being a fighter is the toughest road you will ever see.

Stay in the amatuers man, get that experience and if you're beating all of the amatuers around you then consider fighting pro. The pro game is no joke and you could be seriously injured if you don't have the experience or have somebody trust worthy handling your career. I had both when I was rolling and its still a tough road.

Whatever you do finish atleast your highschool education and better yet get a college education.

And what does this pro test consist of.........Rockin'
Thank god you posted. Some people are way too naive.
Old 08-25-2011, 12:34 PM
kbpoetree
Coach/Boxer/TheSport

Rep Power: 288 kbpoetree has a reputation beyond reputekbpoetree has a reputation beyond reputekbpoetree has a reputation beyond reputekbpoetree has a reputation beyond reputekbpoetree has a reputation beyond reputekbpoetree has a reputation beyond reputekbpoetree has a reputation beyond reputekbpoetree has a reputation beyond reputekbpoetree has a reputation beyond reputekbpoetree has a reputation beyond reputekbpoetree has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 9,759,661,526.60
Total Points: 9,759,674,305.62
Hey man you short on e-gifts...start yo collection - BritishBoxing92 to help you stay up for the big fights! - jazluvr 
Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - BritishBoxing92 Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - jazluvr Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - rorymac Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - rorymac Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - rorymac 
Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - rorymac 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockin' View Post
Take it from somebody who has been there and done that, finish your schooling. You have no amatuer experience (I'm assuming) and plan to earn a living being a pro fighter, I don't mean to burst your bubble but chances are that you will make far less fighting than you would even a minimum wage job when it's all said and done.

I had a good amatuer background, at a time they tell me that I was one of the top amatuers in the state. I turned pro and was fighting on television right from my first pro bout. Alot of things can happen, in the ring and in your life in general. Being a fighter is the toughest road you will ever see.

Stay in the amatuers man, get that experience and if you're beating all of the amatuers around you then consider fighting pro. The pro game is no joke and you could be seriously injured if you don't have the experience or have somebody trust worthy handling your career. I had both when I was rolling and its still a tough road.

Whatever you do finish atleast your highschool education and better yet get a college education.

And what does this pro test consist of.........Rockin'
this man...believe...he is truth..he has been there no doubt..very reputable..and yes spar no doubt..go to the bigger gym more the merrier...continue school..boxing is very tuff business
Old 08-25-2011, 01:10 PM
sugersean15
The king of Boxing Scene

Rep Power: 13 sugersean15 has a reputation beyond reputesugersean15 has a reputation beyond reputesugersean15 has a reputation beyond reputesugersean15 has a reputation beyond reputesugersean15 has a reputation beyond reputesugersean15 has a reputation beyond reputesugersean15 has a reputation beyond reputesugersean15 has a reputation beyond reputesugersean15 has a reputation beyond reputesugersean15 has a reputation beyond reputesugersean15 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 8,548,282,473.72
Total Points: 9,278,707,257.71
Hilarious. - [KLTP] stream - rzagza turning green - MANIAC310 Great upload, lol - dancovboxer Keep you dry from the haters. - Kenny MF Powers 
You love it - rorymac this for u bro..MAYWEATHER MAFIA - Akhi No Message - hogwash All day! - Uncle Howie It's a brain - VEG 
Thanks - Terrel cheers bro! - Gotteskrieger For noticing Floyd drop his sparring partner in vid - BostonGuy 

No have a few fights and spar first you need the experience.make sure you spar before that test cuz i have seen people spar for the first time and they just get a big shock when someone is trying to hit them.
Old 08-25-2011, 03:26 PM
kbpoetree
Coach/Boxer/TheSport

Rep Power: 288 kbpoetree has a reputation beyond reputekbpoetree has a reputation beyond reputekbpoetree has a reputation beyond reputekbpoetree has a reputation beyond reputekbpoetree has a reputation beyond reputekbpoetree has a reputation beyond reputekbpoetree has a reputation beyond reputekbpoetree has a reputation beyond reputekbpoetree has a reputation beyond reputekbpoetree has a reputation beyond reputekbpoetree has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 9,759,661,526.60
Total Points: 9,759,674,305.62
Hey man you short on e-gifts...start yo collection - BritishBoxing92 to help you stay up for the big fights! - jazluvr 
Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - BritishBoxing92 Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - jazluvr Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - rorymac Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - rorymac Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - rorymac 
Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - rorymac 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sugersean15 View Post
No have a few fights and spar first you need the experience.make sure you spar before that test cuz i have seen people spar for the first time and they just get a big shock when someone is trying to hit them.
lol not only that but...i've had guys come in say they wanna box..all about it (i'm a coach)...then they spar....get their ass handed to them...and never show up again....boxing is not only throwing punches but getting hit..they all do no matter how good u are....
Old 08-25-2011, 03:52 PM
BoxingPromoter
Celtics Nation

Rep Power: 92 BoxingPromoter has a reputation beyond reputeBoxingPromoter has a reputation beyond reputeBoxingPromoter has a reputation beyond reputeBoxingPromoter has a reputation beyond reputeBoxingPromoter has a reputation beyond reputeBoxingPromoter has a reputation beyond reputeBoxingPromoter has a reputation beyond reputeBoxingPromoter has a reputation beyond reputeBoxingPromoter has a reputation beyond reputeBoxingPromoter has a reputation beyond reputeBoxingPromoter has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 190,775.05
Total Points: 7,101,628.86
A gift for ya.. - !! AI-Holmes!! You're one of my heroes. I love you son. - mickeyb Thanks for the gift. Congrats on passing 7k posts - ??? A round on me - boxing2005 Vitali!!! - Mike Tyson77 
Have a drink on me my friend. - BatTheMan Thanks for getting me into Team Classic. - BattlingNelson Chris gets nothing from me. - BUFFOON 
AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - ??? 

I'll have a couple slots open on a few of my fight cards late 2011 or early 2012. I'm willing to match you up against other fighters who don't have extensive experience like yourself. Drop me a pm if you're interested...

Promoter
Old 08-25-2011, 03:56 PM
ghns1133
#1 p4p ATG/GOAT

Rep Power: 10 ghns1133 has a reputation beyond reputeghns1133 has a reputation beyond reputeghns1133 has a reputation beyond reputeghns1133 has a reputation beyond reputeghns1133 has a reputation beyond reputeghns1133 has a reputation beyond reputeghns1133 has a reputation beyond reputeghns1133 has a reputation beyond reputeghns1133 has a reputation beyond reputeghns1133 has a reputation beyond reputeghns1133 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 3,679,913,011.64
Total Points: 4,730,276,232.88
Some Green! - Barnburner on me - danny711 and a shot - danny711 actually theres beer inside - kyshenko team imagine it's Floyd when you stick it in - Freedom. 
heres your gift have fun - sugersean15 Boss lady aint shiit! - Uncle Howie for teh vids - ƒallenloki 

Spar!!!!!!
Old 08-26-2011, 04:14 AM
moneymayforever
Contender

Rep Power: 4 moneymayforever has much to be proud ofmoneymayforever has much to be proud ofmoneymayforever has much to be proud ofmoneymayforever has much to be proud ofmoneymayforever has much to be proud ofmoneymayforever has much to be proud ofmoneymayforever has much to be proud ofmoneymayforever has much to be proud ofmoneymayforever has much to be proud of
Total Points: 10,072,496.65

gahh i hate it when i cant spar, seriously i need a new gym :-/
Old 08-30-2011, 12:03 AM
hebi
Contender

Rep Power: 4 hebi has a reputation beyond reputehebi has a reputation beyond reputehebi has a reputation beyond reputehebi has a reputation beyond reputehebi has a reputation beyond reputehebi has a reputation beyond reputehebi has a reputation beyond reputehebi has a reputation beyond reputehebi has a reputation beyond reputehebi has a reputation beyond reputehebi has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 8,718.77

Well the least you can do is stay in school until you have experienced sparring and amateur fighting. I don't know what your situation is, maybe your family doesn't have a lot of money and putting you through college would be difficult for them.

Maybe you working and pursuing a boxing career is your best path, just test the waters before you jump in.