Boxing Forum
  Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade
Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Non Boxing Talk > Boxing Scene Lounge
Register Blogs Chat Arcade Groups Mark Forums Read

Old 08-20-2011, 04:22 PM
*Boss*
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 10 *Boss* has a reputation beyond repute*Boss* has a reputation beyond repute*Boss* has a reputation beyond repute*Boss* has a reputation beyond repute*Boss* has a reputation beyond repute*Boss* has a reputation beyond repute*Boss* has a reputation beyond repute*Boss* has a reputation beyond repute*Boss* has a reputation beyond repute*Boss* has a reputation beyond repute*Boss* has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 38,202,469.93
Enjoy the fight, you're an excellent poster! - dancovboxer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ƒallenloki View Post
Philosophy of a Knife.

Irreversible

Frontiers

It looks like the French are really leading the genre of splatter/gore today. I highly recommend Frontiers and Irreversible.

Philosophy of a Knife is likely the most grotesque movie I've ever seen. I think it's the fact that those things were actually done to people that gets me.
Did you see " martyrs " ? That movie is ****ed up. very sad ending. Also i would recommend the movie " Dread ". I dont want to spoil anything but there's one particular scene in this movie that will piss you the f*ck off. If you watch it you'll know what im talking about.
Old 08-22-2011, 10:17 AM
GranTorino
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 17 GranTorino has a reputation beyond reputeGranTorino has a reputation beyond reputeGranTorino has a reputation beyond reputeGranTorino has a reputation beyond reputeGranTorino has a reputation beyond reputeGranTorino has a reputation beyond reputeGranTorino has a reputation beyond reputeGranTorino has a reputation beyond reputeGranTorino has a reputation beyond reputeGranTorino has a reputation beyond reputeGranTorino has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 2,991,214.64
Total Points: 68,060,963.30

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigStereotype View Post
You really don't want to watch A Serbian Film. I've never seen it, but the details are...extreme.

I guess the thing that's got me so curious about this movie (I haven't seen any of it except the trailer) is that all the hype around it suggests that it's not so much the gore (but I hear that's extreme, as well) as it is the taboo subject matter of some of the scenes.

I don't go, normally, for movies like this, at all, but I have to admit, I'm curious about just how horrific these scenes can be. The people who watch this movie KNOW that it's only a movie, and that of course, no one was actually murdered or raped, or whatever. So you KNOW it's fake when you watch it.

Yet it's still so brutal, that you, as an intelligent human being, are fooled into thinking it IS real. Which makes you wonder, just how good were the special effects?

I think at some point, I'll actually take a peek at one of the scenes, just to see for myself.

Then of course, I'll punch myself in the neck for being such an idiot.
Old 08-22-2011, 10:20 AM
GranTorino
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 17 GranTorino has a reputation beyond reputeGranTorino has a reputation beyond reputeGranTorino has a reputation beyond reputeGranTorino has a reputation beyond reputeGranTorino has a reputation beyond reputeGranTorino has a reputation beyond reputeGranTorino has a reputation beyond reputeGranTorino has a reputation beyond reputeGranTorino has a reputation beyond reputeGranTorino has a reputation beyond reputeGranTorino has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ƒallenloki View Post
Philosophy of a Knife.

Irreversible
Frontiers

It looks like the French are really leading the genre of splatter/gore today. I highly recommend Frontiers and Irreversible.

Philosophy of a Knife is likely the most grotesque movie I've ever seen. I think it's the fact that those things were actually done to people that gets me.
I've only seen the "Fire Extinguisher" scene from this movie (caught a clip on YouTube) and it was brutal. But I found myself wondering how they filmed it, bcause obviously a guy wasn't actually beaten to death with a fire extinguisher, and I came to the conclusion that it had to be CGI. Only explanation I could think of. Or maybe the fire extinguisher was padded.
Old 08-22-2011, 10:26 AM
The_Demon
Big dog

Rep Power: 39 The_Demon has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Demon has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Demon has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Demon has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Demon has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Demon has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Demon has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Demon has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Demon has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Demon has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Demon has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 55,844,894,401.66
Total Points: 86,932,741,105.31
cant grren k you my friend at the moment so i got you a gift instead - project xxx1 Thanks 4 your Vote G... - The Gully Gad thanks mate - Pension-Killer Thanks for knowing the movie mane - Natedatpkid I hope this beer will help,. I'm a nice guy - McGoorty 
#tmt - sugarsmosley 
Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - DuttyAlacrity Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - JM1 Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - JM1 Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - JM1 Lou Gehrig's Disease (ALS) - Sir TomJones 
Eating Disorders - Esophageal Cancer - Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease - Irritable Bowel Syndrome - Pulmonary Hypertension - Sir TomJones Childhood Cancer - Sir TomJones Gay and Lesbian Pride - Pretty Boy32 

The August Undergroud series is pretty gruesome
Snuff 102
Grotesque
Seed
Old 08-22-2011, 11:11 AM
GranTorino
Undisputed Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Demon View Post
The August Undergroud series is pretty gruesome
Snuff 102
Grotesque
Seed

Have you actually watched them? If so, what kind of scenes were there? And why did you sit through the whole film?
Old 08-22-2011, 11:43 AM
The_Demon
Big dog

Rep Power: 39 The_Demon has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Demon has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Demon has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Demon has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Demon has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Demon has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Demon has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Demon has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Demon has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Demon has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Demon has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 55,844,894,401.66
Total Points: 86,932,741,105.31
cant grren k you my friend at the moment so i got you a gift instead - project xxx1 Thanks 4 your Vote G... - The Gully Gad thanks mate - Pension-Killer Thanks for knowing the movie mane - Natedatpkid I hope this beer will help,. I'm a nice guy - McGoorty 
#tmt - sugarsmosley 
Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - DuttyAlacrity Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - JM1 Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - JM1 Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - JM1 Lou Gehrig's Disease (ALS) - Sir TomJones 
Eating Disorders - Esophageal Cancer - Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease - Irritable Bowel Syndrome - Pulmonary Hypertension - Sir TomJones Childhood Cancer - Sir TomJones Gay and Lesbian Pride - Pretty Boy32 

Quote:
Originally Posted by GranTorino View Post
Have you actually watched them? If so, what kind of scenes were there? And why did you sit through the whole film?
I enjoy graphic films,had heard them mentioned so i checked them out

Not very good imo,in an attempt too be realistic the camera work is terrible,very shaky and very dark,lots of vomiting,screaming and swearing
Old 08-22-2011, 11:59 AM
Big BRICKS
your girl let me smash

Rep Power: 69 Big BRICKS has a reputation beyond reputeBig BRICKS has a reputation beyond reputeBig BRICKS has a reputation beyond reputeBig BRICKS has a reputation beyond reputeBig BRICKS has a reputation beyond reputeBig BRICKS has a reputation beyond reputeBig BRICKS has a reputation beyond reputeBig BRICKS has a reputation beyond reputeBig BRICKS has a reputation beyond reputeBig BRICKS has a reputation beyond reputeBig BRICKS has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,206,102,747,718.47
Total Points: 1,210,670,042,340.10
from the alpha male of street fighter, TRY THIS ON FOR SIZE! - Ether Stop getting banned mister! :spankme: - *La Patrona* Happy Easter :kiss: - Bossy parallelogram son - KING MEAT 
Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Ether 

Old 08-22-2011, 12:05 PM
NET
Banned

Rep Power: 0 NET is infamous around these partsNET is infamous around these partsNET is infamous around these partsNET is infamous around these partsNET is infamous around these partsNET is infamous around these partsNET is infamous around these partsNET is infamous around these partsNET is infamous around these partsNET is infamous around these partsNET is infamous around these parts
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 20,022,948.62

A serbian film is nowhere near as bad as people make it out to be.

Watch it pussy. You know who you are.
Old 08-22-2011, 12:41 PM
ƒallenloki
Can you handle life?

Rep Power: 17 ƒallenloki has a reputation beyond reputeƒallenloki has a reputation beyond reputeƒallenloki has a reputation beyond reputeƒallenloki has a reputation beyond reputeƒallenloki has a reputation beyond reputeƒallenloki has a reputation beyond reputeƒallenloki has a reputation beyond reputeƒallenloki has a reputation beyond reputeƒallenloki has a reputation beyond reputeƒallenloki has a reputation beyond reputeƒallenloki has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 3,196,494,359,469.56
Total Points: 3,196,494,385,218.55
to help you get back on your feet - shobox help get your stock back :D - -veteran420- A beer on me big dawg - mangler Have some Pizza, my nizzle - mangler jr A place to stash your cash - mangler 
merry christmas!!! - shobox Merry Xmas - mangler have some cookiepuss - Jack D Ripper keep on preaching it - -veteran420- Big Mac for my bro Fallenloki - Ash_Ketchum 
cocktail hour - MANGLER have a snack - MANGLER have a blue parallelogram - Jack Napier suck on this :D - Saucy Jacky fuck nick diaz - INSECT 
merry xmas - Subtraction BURRRRRRRRRRRRRR! 2 tha knowledgeable MMA brotha... - Bloody$Nate$ No Message - dancovboxer been a minute - MANGLER 
Graves Disease - Lymphedema - Men's Health - Pro Choice - Prostate Cancer - Scleroderma - Thyroid Disease - Trisomy 18 - mangler Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - -veteran420- Eating Disorders - Esophageal Cancer - Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease - Irritable Bowel Syndrome - Pulmonary Hypertension - Jack D Ripper AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - mangler Cultural Diversity - Hunger - Leukemia - Lupus - Melanoma - Racial Tolerance - Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome - Self Injury - mangler 
Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - mangler Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - mangler Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - ßreakbeat Alzheimer's - Crohn's & Colitis - Cystic Fibrosis - Domestic Violence - Fibromyalgia - Leimyosarcoma - Lupus - mangler Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - mangler 
Childhood Cancer - MANGLER Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - MANGLER Lou Gehrig's Disease (ALS) - MANGLER Aphasia - Asthma/Allergies - Brain Cancer - Brain Tumors - Diabetes - Mental Illness - MANGLER Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Dick Buffman 
Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - 'Sugar' Freddi Childhood Cancer - Dorian.. Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - bearman3000 Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Dorian.. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Boss* View Post
Did you see " martyrs " ? That movie is ****ed up. very sad ending. Also i would recommend the movie " Dread ". I dont want to spoil anything but there's one particular scene in this movie that will piss you the f*ck off. If you watch it you'll know what im talking about.
I haven't seen either, thanks for not spoiling!

I'll check them out this week.
Old 08-22-2011, 12:43 PM
ƒallenloki
Can you handle life?

Rep Power: 17 ƒallenloki has a reputation beyond reputeƒallenloki has a reputation beyond reputeƒallenloki has a reputation beyond reputeƒallenloki has a reputation beyond reputeƒallenloki has a reputation beyond reputeƒallenloki has a reputation beyond reputeƒallenloki has a reputation beyond reputeƒallenloki has a reputation beyond reputeƒallenloki has a reputation beyond reputeƒallenloki has a reputation beyond reputeƒallenloki has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 3,196,494,359,469.56
Total Points: 3,196,494,385,218.55
to help you get back on your feet - shobox help get your stock back :D - -veteran420- A beer on me big dawg - mangler Have some Pizza, my nizzle - mangler jr A place to stash your cash - mangler 
merry christmas!!! - shobox Merry Xmas - mangler have some cookiepuss - Jack D Ripper keep on preaching it - -veteran420- Big Mac for my bro Fallenloki - Ash_Ketchum 
cocktail hour - MANGLER have a snack - MANGLER have a blue parallelogram - Jack Napier suck on this :D - Saucy Jacky fuck nick diaz - INSECT 
merry xmas - Subtraction BURRRRRRRRRRRRRR! 2 tha knowledgeable MMA brotha... - Bloody$Nate$ No Message - dancovboxer been a minute - MANGLER 
Graves Disease - Lymphedema - Men's Health - Pro Choice - Prostate Cancer - Scleroderma - Thyroid Disease - Trisomy 18 - mangler Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - -veteran420- Eating Disorders - Esophageal Cancer - Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease - Irritable Bowel Syndrome - Pulmonary Hypertension - Jack D Ripper AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - mangler Cultural Diversity - Hunger - Leukemia - Lupus - Melanoma - Racial Tolerance - Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome - Self Injury - mangler 
Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - mangler Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - mangler Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - ßreakbeat Alzheimer's - Crohn's & Colitis - Cystic Fibrosis - Domestic Violence - Fibromyalgia - Leimyosarcoma - Lupus - mangler Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - mangler 
Childhood Cancer - MANGLER Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - MANGLER Lou Gehrig's Disease (ALS) - MANGLER Aphasia - Asthma/Allergies - Brain Cancer - Brain Tumors - Diabetes - Mental Illness - MANGLER Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Dick Buffman 
Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - 'Sugar' Freddi Childhood Cancer - Dorian.. Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - bearman3000 Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Dorian.. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by GranTorino View Post
I've only seen the "Fire Extinguisher" scene from this movie (caught a clip on YouTube) and it was brutal. But I found myself wondering how they filmed it, bcause obviously a guy wasn't actually beaten to death with a fire extinguisher, and I came to the conclusion that it had to be CGI. Only explanation I could think of. Or maybe the fire extinguisher was padded.
The entire film is pretty impactful. It's one of the few that left me feeling sick afterward.