Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing
Thread Navigation

Old 08-19-2011, 11:46 AM
texasboi15
Interim Champion

Rep Power: 4 texasboi15 has a reputation beyond reputetexasboi15 has a reputation beyond reputetexasboi15 has a reputation beyond reputetexasboi15 has a reputation beyond reputetexasboi15 has a reputation beyond reputetexasboi15 has a reputation beyond reputetexasboi15 has a reputation beyond reputetexasboi15 has a reputation beyond reputetexasboi15 has a reputation beyond reputetexasboi15 has a reputation beyond reputetexasboi15 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 100,287,132.93
Default Roach's Legacy Lies Within Floyd Mayweather

One of the more intriguing subplots of the whole Mayweather/Pacquiao saga is that of Freddie Roach.

Armed with arguably the highest boxing IQ in the game, the genius Roach is p4p probably the best trainer in the world and perhaps of our era.

But make no mistake about it, when history looks back on our time, the legacy of Roach will be judged by that of Floyd Mayweather Jr.

In his quest to dethrone Mayweather, the Parkinson's inflicted trainer seems to be in a race against time to put a brilliant cap atop a phenominal career.

The analogy of Lex Luthor vs Superman seems obvious in that the feeble, disease stricken Roach must use his mind and wit to combat the seemingly indestructible Mayweather.

You couldn't have written a better script.

In fact, Roach's rivalry with Floyd (and time) almost supersedes that of Mayweather vs Pacquiao because if Floyd defeats Pac, Manny goes away but the Roach-Mayweather rivalry will endure in being that another Roach fighter, Amir Khan will be next up.

The plot thickens...
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 08-19-2011, 11:48 AM
upinurgirlsguts

Rep Power: 62 2501 has a reputation beyond repute2501 has a reputation beyond repute2501 has a reputation beyond repute2501 has a reputation beyond repute2501 has a reputation beyond repute2501 has a reputation beyond repute2501 has a reputation beyond repute2501 has a reputation beyond repute2501 has a reputation beyond repute2501 has a reputation beyond repute2501 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 4,056,074,063,705.55
Total Points: 4,057,084,974,174.43
keep fighting those huggers - mickey gomez &amp;quot;unlike floyd&amp;quot; was not a bad post for a marquez guy. lol beer on the pacnuthugger - Left Hook Tua Good poster. - Tek My Pounches you got jmm flaws down to the letter..... - Left Hook Tua I got my eye on you, sexy vato. - El Gallo Homo! 
You stay putting shit in proper perspective. - El Gallo Negro! Always right on the money homey - mangler Always keepin it real - mangler Cheers. I luv your threads homey - mangler Proper ownage of Floyd stans - WhoreUs 
cheers homey - MANGLER good poster - Mucus gangsta - Poor Lad 
Cultural Diversity - Hunger - Leukemia - Lupus - Melanoma - Racial Tolerance - Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome - Self Injury - Right Cross Ike 

History only looks at accolades, awards and stats, never the circumstance. He'll be fine.
Old 08-19-2011, 11:50 AM
Trigg
Jack The Stripper

Rep Power: 7 Trigg has a reputation beyond reputeTrigg has a reputation beyond reputeTrigg has a reputation beyond reputeTrigg has a reputation beyond reputeTrigg has a reputation beyond reputeTrigg has a reputation beyond reputeTrigg has a reputation beyond reputeTrigg has a reputation beyond reputeTrigg has a reputation beyond reputeTrigg has a reputation beyond reputeTrigg has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 11.65
Total Points: 27,010,301.62
top man - The_Demon No Message - Traveler1 

Freddie's legacy is already secured (and rightly so), to do what he has done, especially with his illness is nothing short of a miracle, having good fighters obviously helps

But, it will be enhanced greatly if Manny can beat Floyd (I don't think he can)
Old 08-19-2011, 11:54 AM
Cgarcia
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 19 Cgarcia has a reputation beyond reputeCgarcia has a reputation beyond reputeCgarcia has a reputation beyond reputeCgarcia has a reputation beyond reputeCgarcia has a reputation beyond reputeCgarcia has a reputation beyond reputeCgarcia has a reputation beyond reputeCgarcia has a reputation beyond reputeCgarcia has a reputation beyond reputeCgarcia has a reputation beyond reputeCgarcia has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 30,851,920,944.77
Total Points: 30,851,936,511.47

Roach called out Mayweather for like hundred times for Pacquiao. PBF was not very receptive. Granting that the first round of talks failed and mistakes were made, there's no reason in the world why the fight can't be made.

Roach seem to have given up on the May/Pac fight. He's trying his luck on Khan/May.

:-|
Old 08-19-2011, 11:58 AM
Jedi Vader
Lord Of The Force

Rep Power: 30 Jedi Vader has a reputation beyond reputeJedi Vader has a reputation beyond reputeJedi Vader has a reputation beyond reputeJedi Vader has a reputation beyond reputeJedi Vader has a reputation beyond reputeJedi Vader has a reputation beyond reputeJedi Vader has a reputation beyond reputeJedi Vader has a reputation beyond reputeJedi Vader has a reputation beyond reputeJedi Vader has a reputation beyond reputeJedi Vader has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 38,938,790,515,270.22
Total Points: 38,950,282,805,918.79
Have a drink on MEL - MELLY-MEL... No Message - Jedi Vader No Message - Jedi Vader No Message - Jedi Vader No Message - Jedi Vader 
Thanks bro. Here's a beer on me. - led And one more from me : ) - jazluvr Cheers! - sweetpea87 Have a pint for the fights tonight - sweetpea87 Obsessed, hating moron - Szef99 
While you're missing JAB - Weltschmerz Jam it up your butt whilst you're thinking of Wlad - Keitha313 To get yourself ready for JAB - Weltschmerz 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cgarcia View Post
Roach called out Mayweather for like hundred times for Pacquiao. PBF was not very receptive. Granting that the first round of talks failed and mistakes were made, there's no reason in the world why the fight can't be made.

Roach seem to have given up on the May/Pac fight. He's trying his luck on Khan/May.

:-|
Floyd has an opportunity to wipe out Roach's stable.

If he does, it won't harm Roach's legacy but it will certainly enhance Floyd's.
Old 08-19-2011, 12:02 PM
Cuauhtémoc1520
Head Mexican in Charge

Rep Power: 116 Cuauhtémoc1520 has a reputation beyond reputeCuauhtémoc1520 has a reputation beyond reputeCuauhtémoc1520 has a reputation beyond reputeCuauhtémoc1520 has a reputation beyond reputeCuauhtémoc1520 has a reputation beyond reputeCuauhtémoc1520 has a reputation beyond reputeCuauhtémoc1520 has a reputation beyond reputeCuauhtémoc1520 has a reputation beyond reputeCuauhtémoc1520 has a reputation beyond reputeCuauhtémoc1520 has a reputation beyond reputeCuauhtémoc1520 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 6,882,175,900,664.23
Total Points: 6,882,176,006,049.81
one for the road bro - led Good tutorial - MANIAC310 Feliz Navidad - El Mustang Have one on me, friend. - Grand Champ Great taste in women - Unknown Champ 
Legendary poster - Cleto_Reyes please fukk off,..........now take care, your homie in real life, god bless you you bitcch azz, lol, truly your freind, lol, tha greatest - Tha_Greatest Here's a beer from Bulgaria - BulgariasFinest Great posts, intelligent poster! Always great reading your stuff :) - Bossy No Message - Freelancer 
One of the best poster's - arraamis One of the best posters in the 'Scene - ELHURACAN58 damn homie i missed your 19000 post congrats!    you one the best posters here! - jose830 happy birthday coach! - HUGH JASS Birthday beer, cheers! - MELLY-MEL... 
i posted &quot;las mañanitas&quot; on the thread before you mention it but took it down thinking it was to gay :lol1: happy birthday bro! - jose830 happy bday - -Mustang- Happy bday grandpa! - led* One of Boxingscene's finest! - CubanGuyNYC Cuauhtémoc1520 Knows Boxing! - LoadedWraps 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - Cuauhtémoc 1502 Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - Cuauhtémoc 1502 Gay and Lesbian Pride - The Underboss World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - jose830 Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - TBear 
Childhood Cancer - TBear Childhood Cancer - TBear World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - TBear Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - TBear Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - TBear 
World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - jose830 Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - -jose- 

Couldn't disagree more

I don't thin either Pac or Roach need Floyd in anyway, shape or form. Roach has his own legacy and no matter if he fights or doesn't fight Mayweather, he will be remembered as a great trainer.

The mere fact that Pac is fighting at the weight he is now and against the type of opponents he is starting from 106lbs, is amazing enough as it is.

Believe me when I tell you that HISTORICALLY, Mayweather will suffer more in not fighting or losing to Pacquaio.

Of course it will be a huge win for either side and sure Roach wants this fight and a victory to go with it but in no means does he NEED Mayweather for his legacy.
Old 08-19-2011, 12:06 PM
Mr. Philadel
NSB Vet!!

Location: Everywhere you NEVER BEEN....I'm better than I've EVER BEEN!
Rep Power: 64 Mr. Philadel has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Philadel has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Philadel has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Philadel has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Philadel has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Philadel has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Philadel has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Philadel has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Philadel has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Philadel has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Philadel has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 190,834,076,121.35
Total Points: 232,734,746,287.70
you were right about b-hop/pavlik. you are the man! - TRUTH You're a good poster! - Tunney For being a good sport. - F-R-K-O Vodka &amp;amp; Red Bull for ya! - BattlingNelson for the green homey - NewYork 
For a super poster! - jazluvr hopkins finna whoop pascal AGAIN - Tha Executioner No Message - Tha Executioner No Message - arraamis respect you as a poster, keep it up champ! - Atreyu Khalil 
Thanks for joining the discussion in my thread about GF's and boxing, its nice to hear everyones experiences with being a fan of the sport!!! - Atreyu Khalil Awesome post on Miguel Cotto...cheers! - jose830 Great post bro! keep up the good work. - codey just cause you a philly boy - SpeedKillz Real recognize real. - SnakeVen0m 
Happy New Year - Freedom. philly swagg, walking BK outta the house - thuggery Team Swift all day! - KeepItObjective A+ poster,one of the very best. - Scott.Weiland. 
Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - JM1 Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - jazluvr Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - jazluvr 

I dont get it...what do you dudes see in Roach?!?....boxing's version of Phil Jackson....***** I can be a great trainer/coach as well talkin the talk if had one of the greatest or a few of the greatest to walk the walk....and please dont say he made Manny...he just picked the right fights...be real!!
Old 08-19-2011, 12:10 PM
Dedication
Banned

Rep Power: 0 Dedication has a reputation beyond reputeDedication has a reputation beyond reputeDedication has a reputation beyond reputeDedication has a reputation beyond reputeDedication has a reputation beyond reputeDedication has a reputation beyond reputeDedication has a reputation beyond reputeDedication has a reputation beyond reputeDedication has a reputation beyond reputeDedication has a reputation beyond reputeDedication has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 1,168,041,376.63
You've been making some good posts - rorymac thanks 4 the kind words in my thread - sugersean15 stay calm my freind........... i dont want to see you get a nervous breakdown over something that aint worth getting all upset about, lol, if that quote was a lie, , dont go trying to treat that post as a bait, you only hurt yourself by feeling insul - Tha_Greatest 

One of Roach's fighters already lost to Mayweather - Justin Juuko.
Old 08-19-2011, 12:13 PM
The Gambler1981
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 48 The Gambler1981 has a reputation beyond reputeThe Gambler1981 has a reputation beyond reputeThe Gambler1981 has a reputation beyond reputeThe Gambler1981 has a reputation beyond reputeThe Gambler1981 has a reputation beyond reputeThe Gambler1981 has a reputation beyond reputeThe Gambler1981 has a reputation beyond reputeThe Gambler1981 has a reputation beyond reputeThe Gambler1981 has a reputation beyond reputeThe Gambler1981 has a reputation beyond reputeThe Gambler1981 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,126,874,921,754.54
Total Points: 1,137,475,017,579.67
respect. - mellow_mood you deserve a metal for defending the woman beater, lol, nyahahaha - Tha_Greatest always a good poster. have a beer. - jreckoning \m/ - Kenny MF Powers thanks brother - mrpain81 
great easy logical advice you gave for others on the thunderdome for trolls like me, lol, everything you stated i have stated to many people but few people would take mind of what you wrote, lol, excellent post, plain  logic to keep your composure fo - Tha_Greatest No Message - mathed thatll be 5$ - sugarsmosley 

I have never seen Roach come up with anything brilliant just obvious shit, people who look at awards, accolades or stats instead of what he actually did with fighters don't have their eye on the ball and really have no idea what they are talking about.
Old 08-19-2011, 12:21 PM
Trigg
Jack The Stripper

Rep Power: 7 Trigg has a reputation beyond reputeTrigg has a reputation beyond reputeTrigg has a reputation beyond reputeTrigg has a reputation beyond reputeTrigg has a reputation beyond reputeTrigg has a reputation beyond reputeTrigg has a reputation beyond reputeTrigg has a reputation beyond reputeTrigg has a reputation beyond reputeTrigg has a reputation beyond reputeTrigg has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 11.65
Total Points: 27,010,301.62
top man - The_Demon No Message - Traveler1 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SekondzOut View Post
I dont get it...what do you dudes see in Roach?!?
I see a man who has gone through a LOT of **** in his life yet still has the mental fortitude and passion to get in the gym everyday

I see a man who took a fighter (Khan) who's career was on the brink of collapse and built him back up from scratch, not just physically and stylistically, but also mentally. He has built him into someone who had just been brutally KO'D inside one minute, to being a unified champion

I see a man who has guided Pac through eight divisions to become one of the true greats

I see a man who never seems to complain about an illness that has affected his life in a non-positive way

I see a man who a lot of people on this board aren't fit to hold his jockstrap