Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing
View Poll Results: Will showing 24/7 on CNN produce additional PPV buys?
Yes 22 45.83%
No 14 29.17%
Maybe 12 25.00%
Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Thread Navigation

Old 08-05-2011, 05:20 PM
Everywhere
Banned

Bank: 328,377,457.98
Total Points: 336,157,507.94
You deserve a medal for pissing off these pactards lol - BoZz 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePrince View Post
I don't think the CNN bit is about PPV buys as much as it is about growing Pac's brand to a older, more mature audience. I think this is more about Manny's endorsements and political aspirations (he will be a Governor in 2013, when he retires presumably). I have a feeling his interview with Piers Morgan will focus more on his political career than on the fight, although it will be promoted obviously. I think it will be like the 60 minutes thing- more of a profile of the person and not only the fighter.

The TNT (during the NBA season) and TBS (MLB Playoffs) coverage is more about PPV buys as it targets younger sports fans who are obviously more likely to purchase fights.
You're acting like these are new approaches that they haven't already tried with Pacquiao.

They tried to grow his "brand" by putting him in a prime slot on network television. It failed, horribly. His popularity brought CBS the lowest ratings they have ever received in that time slot and finished dead last in the ratings among network television. I doubt putting it on CNN would give any benefit to him, if anything it will drive those actually wanting to see news to switch to another network. Pacquiao's "brand" will grow even more by finishing dead last in the ratings again, all my points on it.

They advertise every upcoming fight during other sporting events, this isn't some new novel approach. It has been going on for years and if it actually benefits PPV sales is questionable.

America doesn't particularly like Pacquiao. Do Filipinos and Filipino-Americans love him? Obviously. But the rest of America doesn't care very much about him, or about boxing in general.

You can trot out your 60 minutes ratings and try to claim it was because Pacquiao is so popular. Then neglect to tell people that Barack Obama was the first 50 minutes of the show with Pacquiao just being the filler at the end.

You are clearly insane and I wouldn't be surprised to learn that Pacquiao has several restraining orders against you for stalking. You are hands down the most obsessed poster when it comes to his personal life and other menial things involving him. You're a dickriding Arum cheerleader on top of it.
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 08-05-2011, 05:24 PM
MrRolltide91
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 12 MrRolltide91 has a reputation beyond reputeMrRolltide91 has a reputation beyond reputeMrRolltide91 has a reputation beyond reputeMrRolltide91 has a reputation beyond reputeMrRolltide91 has a reputation beyond reputeMrRolltide91 has a reputation beyond reputeMrRolltide91 has a reputation beyond reputeMrRolltide91 has a reputation beyond reputeMrRolltide91 has a reputation beyond reputeMrRolltide91 has a reputation beyond reputeMrRolltide91 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 431,908,957.10

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachelB View Post
You're acting like these are new approaches that they haven't already tried with Pacquiao.

They tried to grow his "brand" by putting him in a prime slot on network television. It failed, horribly. His popularity brought CBS the lowest ratings they have ever received in that time slot and finished dead last in the ratings among network television. I doubt putting it on CNN would give any benefit to him, if anything it will drive those actually wanting to see news to switch to another network. Pacquiao's "brand" will grow even more by finishing dead last in the ratings again, all my points on it.

They advertise every upcoming fight during other sporting events, this isn't some new novel approach. It has been going on for years and if it actually benefits PPV sales is questionable.

America doesn't particularly like Pacquiao. Do Filipinos and Filipino-Americans love him? Obviously. But the rest of America doesn't care very much about him, or about boxing in general.

You can trot out your 60 minutes ratings and try to claim it was because Pacquiao is so popular. Then neglect to tell people that Barack Obama was the first 50 minutes of the show with Pacquiao just being the filler at the end.

You are clearly insane and I wouldn't be surprised to learn that Pacquiao has several restraining orders against you for stalking. You are hands down the most obsessed poster when it comes to his personal life and other menial things involving him. You're a dickriding Arum cheerleader on top of it.
well damn

its not that serious
Old 08-05-2011, 05:36 PM
ThePrince
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 18 ThePrince has a reputation beyond reputeThePrince has a reputation beyond reputeThePrince has a reputation beyond reputeThePrince has a reputation beyond reputeThePrince has a reputation beyond reputeThePrince has a reputation beyond reputeThePrince has a reputation beyond reputeThePrince has a reputation beyond reputeThePrince has a reputation beyond reputeThePrince has a reputation beyond reputeThePrince has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 363,104,163,271.73
Total Points: 363,931,981,386.89
you're a good poster...have a beer - -pound4pound- who drinks just one beer? have another 1 - -pound4pound- No Message - Come∂ian No Message - Come∂ian No Message - jrosales13 
Ran out of green :/ cheers buddy - Beercules 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachelB View Post

The pac-Mosley fight camp was the first boxing related anything on network TV since '97 (unless you count the contender), and it was on CBS at erratic times and the show wasn't really promoted by the network. Even still, the 1.3 million viewers it garnered was double the highest viewership for any 24/7, earned Pac his highest PPV sales to date, and immediately after he scored major endorsement deals with HP, Nike (renewal), State Produce, and others.

I'm sure you've seen the HP commercials at least a hundred times on any channel you watch, you can't tell me that his brand isn't growing. Only the most avid hater would make that claim.

It will take more to bring Boxing back to mainstream prominence, but you have to start somewhere.

Quote:

So you're telling me that all of Pacquiao's PPV buys, music sales (in the U.S.), Nike sales, etc are coming solely from the Filipino-American community? Does that mean that only African-Americans care about Floyd? That's blatant racism, ignorance, and xenophobia.

Quote:
November 7th, 2010.

From tvbythenumbers.com:

8:30 CBS 60 Minutes 3.3 Rating 13.966 million viewers

So 14 million viewers stuck around for Manny, in the second 1/2 hour of the program, after Obama's segment.

Unless people confused Pacquiao for Obama, you need a new story.

Quote:

Eat a dick.
Old 08-05-2011, 05:52 PM
pacfan
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 13 pacfan has a reputation beyond reputepacfan has a reputation beyond reputepacfan has a reputation beyond reputepacfan has a reputation beyond reputepacfan has a reputation beyond reputepacfan has a reputation beyond reputepacfan has a reputation beyond reputepacfan has a reputation beyond reputepacfan has a reputation beyond reputepacfan has a reputation beyond reputepacfan has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 114,320.75
Total Points: 126,368.52

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePrince View Post
So you're telling me that all of Pacquiao's PPV buys, music sales (in the U.S.), Nike sales, etc are coming solely from the Filipino-American community? Does that mean that only African-Americans care about Floyd? That's blatant racism, ignorance, and xenophobia.
floyd followers have a hard time accepting the truth. pacman brings excitement in the ring. you don't have to be a filippino to appreciate that. you gotta be a real fvkking nincompoop not to recognize that pacman has crossover appeal among many people with various nationalities.

don't take my word for it ignorant bigots. just click the video on the left of my sig. (the robert garcia thumbnail.)

Old 08-06-2011, 12:45 AM
SWEETSCIENCE100
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 0 SWEETSCIENCE100 is infamous around these partsSWEETSCIENCE100 is infamous around these partsSWEETSCIENCE100 is infamous around these partsSWEETSCIENCE100 is infamous around these partsSWEETSCIENCE100 is infamous around these partsSWEETSCIENCE100 is infamous around these partsSWEETSCIENCE100 is infamous around these partsSWEETSCIENCE100 is infamous around these partsSWEETSCIENCE100 is infamous around these partsSWEETSCIENCE100 is infamous around these partsSWEETSCIENCE100 is infamous around these parts
Total Points: 5,179,388.65
kick this crybaby - Freedom. biased racist poster - I'm so sorry 

I heard its going to be shown on "LIFE TIME"

CNN IS FREE TV, SHOWING ON FREE TV WILL NOT PRODUCE PPV BUYS.Pacquiaos people are stupid. Mayweather has laid out the blue print, being the pioneer that he is, and these idiots still can't follow simple directions

Old 08-06-2011, 12:48 AM
Seleção No. 13
Noblesse oblige

Rep Power: 18 Seleção No. 13 has a reputation beyond reputeSeleção No. 13 has a reputation beyond reputeSeleção No. 13 has a reputation beyond reputeSeleção No. 13 has a reputation beyond reputeSeleção No. 13 has a reputation beyond reputeSeleção No. 13 has a reputation beyond reputeSeleção No. 13 has a reputation beyond reputeSeleção No. 13 has a reputation beyond reputeSeleção No. 13 has a reputation beyond reputeSeleção No. 13 has a reputation beyond reputeSeleção No. 13 has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 117,471,491.24

This would've made more sense on TBS, but who would say no to CNN?

I just hope they have a consistent schedule instead of CBS's fight camp mess. C'mon, 9am on a Saturday?
Old 08-06-2011, 12:49 AM
Boxingtech718v2
Banned

Rep Power: 0 Boxingtech718v2 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxingtech718v2 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxingtech718v2 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxingtech718v2 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxingtech718v2 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxingtech718v2 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxingtech718v2 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxingtech718v2 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxingtech718v2 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxingtech718v2 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxingtech718v2 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 887,843,892.39
Total Points: 1,987,322,752.25
Boxingtech718v2 is a sh1tty poster - Freedom. Stop crying wipe your tears. - Boxingtech718v2 Good posts. - Kenny MF Powers You drive me crazy, you deserve a medal :D - Bossy Thanks for the medal, Here's a sucker - Boxingtech718v2 
Happy Easter :kiss: - Bossy 

I doubt it happens CNN is a news network not a sports network.
Old 08-06-2011, 01:04 AM
LarryXXX
Hard Work..Dedication!!

Rep Power: 207 LarryXXX has a reputation beyond reputeLarryXXX has a reputation beyond reputeLarryXXX has a reputation beyond reputeLarryXXX has a reputation beyond reputeLarryXXX has a reputation beyond reputeLarryXXX has a reputation beyond reputeLarryXXX has a reputation beyond reputeLarryXXX has a reputation beyond reputeLarryXXX has a reputation beyond reputeLarryXXX has a reputation beyond reputeLarryXXX has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 384,853,586,911,604,965,376.00
Total Points: 384,853,678,911,605,309,440.00
you something else man. You generous as hell - MAKING_MONEY positive unbiased posts - thuggery Brandon 'Cash Cow' Rios - Warrios for that kunt between ur legs - Warrios take it like it's floyd - Warrios 
celebrate ur inner fruit - Warrios No Message - WESS A hero of Boxingscene - valero Merry Christmas - Freedom2013 TMT - JonoYoungP4P 
No Message - Scott.Weiland. im dropping benjamins like AB - sugarsmosley u stay up breh - BTL WAR Mayweather! - LoadedWraps To the Mayweather Mafia Don! - LoadedWraps 
Have one on me Lad - Rocky... Cheers - Croyd for knowing his sh1t when it comes to boxing - jas Wont let me green you - deanrw Funny - Scott Weiland 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - project xxx1 Childhood Cancer - project xxx1 Male Breast Cancer - Pregnancy Loss - Infant Loss - Sudden Infant Death - project xxx1 Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - New England Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - jjbj2 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - Freedom. Gay and Lesbian Pride - Freedom. Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - codey Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - codey 

cnn???lol..............
Old 08-06-2011, 01:27 AM
~BoZz~
BOSNIAN DRAGON

Rep Power: 24 ~BoZz~ has a reputation beyond repute~BoZz~ has a reputation beyond repute~BoZz~ has a reputation beyond repute~BoZz~ has a reputation beyond repute~BoZz~ has a reputation beyond repute~BoZz~ has a reputation beyond repute~BoZz~ has a reputation beyond repute~BoZz~ has a reputation beyond repute~BoZz~ has a reputation beyond repute~BoZz~ has a reputation beyond repute~BoZz~ has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 26,914,286,704,934.39
Total Points: 26,914,287,654,405.05
one of boxingscene's best - Freedom. an honour for great poster - kyshenko team for ur superpwnage of elderlybeater in his own thread.. LOL - Tha Executioner Pactard Killer! - MANIAC310 BoZzZzZz - MANIAC310 
Keep slaying Pactards - rorymac Hahaha remind me to green K you for that sig pic lol - dancovboxer I don't think i've ever seen you green lol - MANIAC310 Happy New Year - Freedom. happy new years homie - Tha_Greatest 
same to you brother - dj emzz Bossy Loves BoZzY :D :kiss: - Bossy for being good sport in the, &quot;start rumors&quot; thread - jose830 tasty. - YDKSAB no more green k homie, lol, sent you this until im able to green you bakk - Tha_Greatest 
Happy holidays bro! - led* Merry Christmas and Happy New Year - Freedom. Happy Holidays ~BoZz~ - !! AI-Holmes!! I don't even know who you are, but enjoy! You learned your lesson :) - thuggery Now now, behave yourself. Good Boy - thuggery 
Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - BritishBoxing92 Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - BritishBoxing92 Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - MANIAC310 Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - MANIAC310 Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - MANIAC310 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - MANIAC310 Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - MANIAC310 Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - MANIAC310 Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - MANIAC310 Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - MANIAC310 

what channel is the show CHEATERS shown ? That would be perfect for duckqiao
Old 08-06-2011, 01:29 AM
LarryXXX
Hard Work..Dedication!!

Rep Power: 207 LarryXXX has a reputation beyond reputeLarryXXX has a reputation beyond reputeLarryXXX has a reputation beyond reputeLarryXXX has a reputation beyond reputeLarryXXX has a reputation beyond reputeLarryXXX has a reputation beyond reputeLarryXXX has a reputation beyond reputeLarryXXX has a reputation beyond reputeLarryXXX has a reputation beyond reputeLarryXXX has a reputation beyond reputeLarryXXX has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 384,853,586,911,604,965,376.00
Total Points: 384,853,678,911,605,309,440.00
you something else man. You generous as hell - MAKING_MONEY positive unbiased posts - thuggery Brandon 'Cash Cow' Rios - Warrios for that kunt between ur legs - Warrios take it like it's floyd - Warrios 
celebrate ur inner fruit - Warrios No Message - WESS A hero of Boxingscene - valero Merry Christmas - Freedom2013 TMT - JonoYoungP4P 
No Message - Scott.Weiland. im dropping benjamins like AB - sugarsmosley u stay up breh - BTL WAR Mayweather! - LoadedWraps To the Mayweather Mafia Don! - LoadedWraps 
Have one on me Lad - Rocky... Cheers - Croyd for knowing his sh1t when it comes to boxing - jas Wont let me green you - deanrw Funny - Scott Weiland 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - project xxx1 Childhood Cancer - project xxx1 Male Breast Cancer - Pregnancy Loss - Infant Loss - Sudden Infant Death - project xxx1 Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - New England Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - jjbj2 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - Freedom. Gay and Lesbian Pride - Freedom. Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - codey Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - codey 

this is like showing a cnn news show on espn....lol