Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing
Thread Navigation

Old 08-05-2011, 09:39 AM
Evil Abed
The Darkest Timeline...

Rep Power: 80 Evil Abed has a reputation beyond reputeEvil Abed has a reputation beyond reputeEvil Abed has a reputation beyond reputeEvil Abed has a reputation beyond reputeEvil Abed has a reputation beyond reputeEvil Abed has a reputation beyond reputeEvil Abed has a reputation beyond reputeEvil Abed has a reputation beyond reputeEvil Abed has a reputation beyond reputeEvil Abed has a reputation beyond reputeEvil Abed has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 52,119,601,373,095.88
Total Points: 52,139,418,943,667.23
Jimmy Malone sends his regards! - LeeVanCleef have a beer - -MAKAVELLI- Some fruit for a stalwart of this magnificent craft. - Robin Hood One ring to rule em all... - -KULT- even phantom need to eat.. - -KULT- 
some more food.. - -KULT- Happy beerday bro - Talisayen Feliz Cumpleanos - MANIAC310 happy birthday homie - hhs661 happy bday bro - chiguy91 
Thanks. I can't sent you green. - Carpe Diem merry x-mas! - chiguy91 you're the reason i dont need to check twitter lol - -MAKAVELLI- One of NSBs best - BostonGuy 20k - MELLY-MEL... 
Beer on the house on your 20k post... - jose830 i enjoy your posts mate, grats on 20k - Alx. To 20k more - Sweet Pea 50 Here's one on me. Congrats! - Led® your posts are always hilarious and entertaining - Alx. 
Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - ThePhantom5 Childhood Cancer - ThePhantom5 Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - jazluvr Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - jazluvr Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - -KULT- 
World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -KULT- Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - TBear World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - TBear 
Default Interview With Glen Johnson: “The Lucian Bute Fight Is Definitely On My Wish List”

Interview With Glen Johnson - “The Lucian Bute Fight Is Definitely On My Wish List”

By James Slater - Now that IBF super-middleweight king Lucian Bute is in the hunt for a new November challenger thanks to Kelly Pavlik’s decision to pull out of the planned fight, there are a few names being suggested as the unbeaten southpaw’s next foe. Top of this list seems to be ageless “Road Warrior” and recent Super-Six participant Glen Johnson. The amazing 42-year-old dropped a close decision to Carl Froch back in June, but he is now ready and willing to face Bute. Very kindly taking the time to speak with me yesterday evening, the always-friendly warrior with the 51-15-2(35) record had the following answers to my questions:

James Slater: It’s always a great pleasure to be able to speak with you, Champ. Your name has been coming up quite a lot regarding a fight between you and Lucian Bute in November now that Kelly Pavlik has apparently pulled out. Have you heard anything, and is this a fight you’d like?

Glen Johnson: Oh, yes, that’s a fight that is on my wish list. I’ve heard that my people have touched base with his people, but no documents have come my way yet. So I think it’s just rumours right now, but as I say that fight is definitely on my wish list..

J.S: And with you being The Road Warrior, you’d have no problem going to Montreal, Canada for the fight?

G.J: Oh, sure. I’ve been everywhere else and I’ve fought everyone else, it wouldn’t make any difference going to Canada to fight.

J.S: I read that you and Bute have sparred in the past?

G.J: We sparred, yes. He was getting ready for rematch with the Mexican guy he had a close fight with the first time (Librado Andrade) and I was getting ready for a rematch also, with [Chad] Dawson. He [Bute] was successful in his, but I wasn’t in my fight. So, yes, we have worked together.

J.S: Do you think, as some others do, that Bute is the best of the current champions at 168 today?

G.J: Well, I have big respect for Bute; I rate him highly. But I’ve sparred him and I know him a little, whereas I’ve not been in with any of the other champions apart from the guy from England, Carl Froch. I’d say those two are on a similar level. I can’t say Bute is the best, but at the worst he is as good as the others.

J.S: You’ve fought everyone, we know - will you change anything if you fight Bute? He’s a southpaw and a wicked body puncher.

G.J: I don’t see the point in really changing anything. He’s a good fighter on the inside as well as on the outside. It would be a good, exciting fight. This is a fight the fans deserve. I am the best fighter on his list of potential opponents.

J.S: You’d obviously be motivated for this one, even after all the big fights you’ve had?

G.J: Oh, yes. Fighting is what I do. I never back down and I always give the people what they pay for. You know, you win some you lose some, and I always want to win. I never want to be in a bad fight either at the end of the day. When I fight, the fans never lose.

J.S: There’s no doubt about that. The Froch fight was another great fight. Looking back now, was the loss you were given fair?

G.J: Well, it was close - and I never win the close fights. It wasn’t a robbery like some of my other fights where I can see I was clearly robbed. This was a close, tough one. It all depends on what you like: whether you liked Froch’s work and gave him credit for it, or if you liked my work and gave me credit. I don’t really have any argument with the loss, but I was disappointed with myself. I believe I can do better. That’s one fight where I wish I could have it back so I could make corrections.

J.S: Are you back in the gym now, Glen?

G.J: Yeah, I’m back in the gym. I’m trying to shake off some rust and I’m just waiting to see if the paper work comes through for this fight in Canada. If it does it will definitely be a blessing and this fight will give the fans what they want.

J.S: Best wishes in getting the fight, Glen. And thanks so much for taking the time to speak with me.

G.J: Okay, bye.

East side boxing
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 08-05-2011, 09:45 AM
Medved
Banned

Rep Power: 0 Medved has a reputation beyond reputeMedved has a reputation beyond reputeMedved has a reputation beyond reputeMedved has a reputation beyond reputeMedved has a reputation beyond reputeMedved has a reputation beyond reputeMedved has a reputation beyond reputeMedved has a reputation beyond reputeMedved has a reputation beyond reputeMedved has a reputation beyond reputeMedved has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 9,313,067,849,262.50
Total Points: 9,488,067,930,386.90
Thanks you - Devils Advocate one of our best posters - Freedom. Have a beer for many stellar posts on the K-Bros! - ChopperRead That post of yours had me laughing my butt off.  Good stuff. - Rip Chudd No Message - dancovboxer 
Cheers for the stream &amp; joining in the thread, great chat - dancovboxer Keep up the comedy - rorymac You deserve it - Rocky... for helping bombs the great - Bombs No Message - rorymac 
Season 2 Champion of The Predictorship Challenge - D4thincarnation Merry Christmas and Happy New Year - Freedom. Merry Christmas &amp; happy New years bro! - dan_cov 
Cultural Diversity - Hunger - Leukemia - Lupus - Melanoma - Racial Tolerance - Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome - Self Injury - S H O B O X Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - `STEELHEAD Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - dj emz Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - Willie Swindler Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - jazluvr 
Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - Mooncat 

Glen Johnson is one of the few AA fighters that I like. This guy brings it all and doesnt make any excuses or diva demands. and doesnt resort to headbutts/lowblows or faking injuries just to win a fight.

Dude will fight anyone for any amount of money. He was probably laughing when he heard Pavlik didnt wanna fight Bute for 1.35m. Probably said he will fight Bute for 350k.

I hope he gets atleast 1million for the fight.
Old 08-05-2011, 09:49 AM
Dedication
Banned

Rep Power: 0 Dedication has a reputation beyond reputeDedication has a reputation beyond reputeDedication has a reputation beyond reputeDedication has a reputation beyond reputeDedication has a reputation beyond reputeDedication has a reputation beyond reputeDedication has a reputation beyond reputeDedication has a reputation beyond reputeDedication has a reputation beyond reputeDedication has a reputation beyond reputeDedication has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 1,168,053,136.63
You've been making some good posts - rorymac thanks 4 the kind words in my thread - sugersean15 stay calm my freind........... i dont want to see you get a nervous breakdown over something that aint worth getting all upset about, lol, if that quote was a lie, , dont go trying to treat that post as a bait, you only hurt yourself by feeling insul - Tha_Greatest 

Let's get this fight on.

Put Dirrell on the undercard.

Winner fights Dirrell in 2012.
Old 08-05-2011, 09:50 AM
Rip Chudd
1 John 2:22

Rep Power: 30 Rip Chudd has a reputation beyond reputeRip Chudd has a reputation beyond reputeRip Chudd has a reputation beyond reputeRip Chudd has a reputation beyond reputeRip Chudd has a reputation beyond reputeRip Chudd has a reputation beyond reputeRip Chudd has a reputation beyond reputeRip Chudd has a reputation beyond reputeRip Chudd has a reputation beyond reputeRip Chudd has a reputation beyond reputeRip Chudd has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 759,239,976,849,037,440.00
Total Points: 759,239,976,849,046,400.00
Happy Holidays Chip! - Lorily Yeah that's right - Rip Chudd Lollllllllllllllll drink it down with some pepsi - -Kev- e-billionaire - MANIAC310 for being richer than me for a couple hours - MANIAC310 
Cheers! - iBreakbeat Just have a beer bro - led Cookie! - MANIAC310 one of my favorite Christians in the lounge :D - MANIAC310 Splendid use of your Javelin out there!!! - Jedi Vader 
twenty! - MANIAC310 Thnx again homie.. - the mesiah Thanks for the points - blacraven have a Happy and safe New Years bro! - jose830 thanks bro! :beerchug: - jose830 
thanks for donating to the Superbowl Jackpot points will be returned if nobody wins :beerchug: - jose830 :luvbed: - jose830 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Black Ranger Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - MANIAC310 Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Robin Hood World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - Sir TomJones World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - Sir TomJones 
Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - codey 

I'm actually surprised i've seen people hate on Glen. What is there not to like? Dude shows up every time and could care less about all the silly stuff boxers fuss about today. I hope he gets this fight. War Road Warrior!!!!
Old 08-05-2011, 10:21 AM
catalinul
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 19 catalinul has a reputation beyond reputecatalinul has a reputation beyond reputecatalinul has a reputation beyond reputecatalinul has a reputation beyond reputecatalinul has a reputation beyond reputecatalinul has a reputation beyond reputecatalinul has a reputation beyond reputecatalinul has a reputation beyond reputecatalinul has a reputation beyond reputecatalinul has a reputation beyond reputecatalinul has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 4,225,466.10
Total Points: 5,934,060.98
Cool poster. Always right on the $ - mangler good poster - JM1 Youre cracking me up in the Zelenoff threads - Kevin Jesus Cheers for that Augusts fight bud - The Surgeon 

Better fight than Bute-Pavlik.
Old 08-05-2011, 10:24 AM
Freedom2014
Slayer of Theokoles

Rep Power: 242 Freedom2014 has a reputation beyond reputeFreedom2014 has a reputation beyond reputeFreedom2014 has a reputation beyond reputeFreedom2014 has a reputation beyond reputeFreedom2014 has a reputation beyond reputeFreedom2014 has a reputation beyond reputeFreedom2014 has a reputation beyond reputeFreedom2014 has a reputation beyond reputeFreedom2014 has a reputation beyond reputeFreedom2014 has a reputation beyond reputeFreedom2014 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 25,714,220,676,114,000.00
Total Points: 25,714,220,676,142,100.00
Cheers Freedom. - A-Wolf Cheers to Wlads next win!! - boxingchef Happy St Paddy's Day :) - Bossy Thank you Bro. You are one of the best posters here as well :) - raskat for your prompt payment :beerchug: - jose830 
For the Beatle info! - led* Great poster - Dr.Eisenfaust Happy new year - Scott.Weiland. happy new year too bro! - led Great poster. - PainfromUkraine 
elite poster - A-Wolf For your great work and research. - Weltschmerz No Message - Scott.Weiland. Thanks for your support - Weltschmerz Thanks - Weltz 
One of the best members in boxingscene - Red Cyclone Thsnks - Scott.Weiland No Message - Lebanon No Message - Scott.Weiland Right on, I appreciate that - Boxing Goat 
Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - jazluvr Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - jazluvr AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - -veteran420- Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - DiLLiNGER Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Jim Jeffries 
Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - Disposable Arts Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - El Cabron Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - Spray_resistant Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Devils Advocate Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - jazluvr 
Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - jazluvr Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - hanzoh74 World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - Pullcounter Lou Gehrig's Disease (ALS) - Sir TomJones Alzheimer's - Crohn's & Colitis - Cystic Fibrosis - Domestic Violence - Fibromyalgia - Leimyosarcoma - Lupus - ChopperRead 
Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - codey Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Boxing Goat Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - sakura storm Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - Boxing Goat World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -jose- 

Quote:
Originally Posted by catalinul View Post
Better fight than Bute-Pavlik.
Yes it is.

We can't go wrong with Glen "The Road Warrior" Johnson.
Old 08-05-2011, 10:27 AM
Evil Abed
The Darkest Timeline...

Rep Power: 80 Evil Abed has a reputation beyond reputeEvil Abed has a reputation beyond reputeEvil Abed has a reputation beyond reputeEvil Abed has a reputation beyond reputeEvil Abed has a reputation beyond reputeEvil Abed has a reputation beyond reputeEvil Abed has a reputation beyond reputeEvil Abed has a reputation beyond reputeEvil Abed has a reputation beyond reputeEvil Abed has a reputation beyond reputeEvil Abed has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 52,119,601,373,095.88
Total Points: 52,139,418,943,667.23
Jimmy Malone sends his regards! - LeeVanCleef have a beer - -MAKAVELLI- Some fruit for a stalwart of this magnificent craft. - Robin Hood One ring to rule em all... - -KULT- even phantom need to eat.. - -KULT- 
some more food.. - -KULT- Happy beerday bro - Talisayen Feliz Cumpleanos - MANIAC310 happy birthday homie - hhs661 happy bday bro - chiguy91 
Thanks. I can't sent you green. - Carpe Diem merry x-mas! - chiguy91 you're the reason i dont need to check twitter lol - -MAKAVELLI- One of NSBs best - BostonGuy 20k - MELLY-MEL... 
Beer on the house on your 20k post... - jose830 i enjoy your posts mate, grats on 20k - Alx. To 20k more - Sweet Pea 50 Here's one on me. Congrats! - Led® your posts are always hilarious and entertaining - Alx. 
Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - ThePhantom5 Childhood Cancer - ThePhantom5 Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - jazluvr Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - jazluvr Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - -KULT- 
World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -KULT- Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - TBear World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - TBear 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freedom. View Post
Yes it is.

We can't go wrong with Glen "The Road Warrior" Johnson.
Can Bute hurt Glen with those bodyshots?

Lucian could make a big statement with a stoppage.
Old 08-05-2011, 10:31 AM
dammage7
Contender

Rep Power: 5 dammage7 is a name known to alldammage7 is a name known to alldammage7 is a name known to alldammage7 is a name known to alldammage7 is a name known to alldammage7 is a name known to all
Total Points: 20,440.89
one of our best posters - Freedom. 

respt to glen johnson

douesnt duck dive and dodge anyone
Old 08-05-2011, 10:56 AM
shenmue
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 10 shenmue has a reputation beyond reputeshenmue has a reputation beyond reputeshenmue has a reputation beyond reputeshenmue has a reputation beyond reputeshenmue has a reputation beyond reputeshenmue has a reputation beyond reputeshenmue has a reputation beyond reputeshenmue has a reputation beyond reputeshenmue has a reputation beyond reputeshenmue has a reputation beyond reputeshenmue has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 239,509,144,422.46
Total Points: 383,548,167,089.28
WAR Maidana! - LoadedWraps Put That Dollar on Marcos and you're gonna be rich - fundicao 

Johnson will fight anybody man, you have got to respect him. He would give Bute a tough fight as well. A lot tougher than some of the bums Bute has been fed in his last couple of fights.
Old 08-05-2011, 11:26 AM
1believer
Contender

Rep Power: 4 1believer will become famous soon enough1believer will become famous soon enough
Total Points: 22,660.97

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medved View Post
Glen Johnson is one of the few AA fighters that I like. This guy brings it all and doesnt make any excuses or diva demands. and doesnt resort to headbutts/lowblows or faking injuries just to win a fight.

Dude will fight anyone for any amount of money. He was probably laughing when he heard Pavlik didnt wanna fight Bute for 1.35m. Probably said he will fight Bute for 350k.

I hope he gets atleast 1million for the fight.
I coulda sworn he was Jamaican the last time I checked.