Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Boxing History
Thread Navigation

Old 08-01-2011, 12:28 PM
jabsRstiff
! ! ! !

Rep Power: 4032 jabsRstiff has a reputation beyond reputejabsRstiff has a reputation beyond reputejabsRstiff has a reputation beyond reputejabsRstiff has a reputation beyond reputejabsRstiff has a reputation beyond reputejabsRstiff has a reputation beyond reputejabsRstiff has a reputation beyond reputejabsRstiff has a reputation beyond reputejabsRstiff has a reputation beyond reputejabsRstiff has a reputation beyond reputejabsRstiff has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 123,155,625,418.64
Total Points: 123,155,635,216.56

Donald Curry at 147 was amazing...a future all-time great. That was until he ran into no-hoper (against Curry, that's what he was going in) Lloyd Honeyghan. Honeyghan hurt Curry early and then thrashed him to a 6th rd TKO win.

Honeyghan was a bigger underdog against Curry than Hopkins was against ANYBODY....and he beat Curry more thoroughly than Hopkins did the favorites he fought.
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 08-01-2011, 02:50 PM
WesleySnipes
Sorry 4 The PG-13

Rep Power: 10 WesleySnipes has a reputation beyond reputeWesleySnipes has a reputation beyond reputeWesleySnipes has a reputation beyond reputeWesleySnipes has a reputation beyond reputeWesleySnipes has a reputation beyond reputeWesleySnipes has a reputation beyond reputeWesleySnipes has a reputation beyond reputeWesleySnipes has a reputation beyond reputeWesleySnipes has a reputation beyond reputeWesleySnipes has a reputation beyond reputeWesleySnipes has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,189,902,513.69
Total Points: 3,380,928,477.83

Buster Douglas wasnt dominant...and he was knocked out and was on the floor for over 10 seconds easily...Tyson was on the floor for about 9.5 seconds and the ****in referee counted it as a knockout...
Old 08-01-2011, 02:59 PM
fitefanSHO
KO Digest

Rep Power: 6 fitefanSHO has a reputation beyond reputefitefanSHO has a reputation beyond reputefitefanSHO has a reputation beyond reputefitefanSHO has a reputation beyond reputefitefanSHO has a reputation beyond reputefitefanSHO has a reputation beyond reputefitefanSHO has a reputation beyond reputefitefanSHO has a reputation beyond reputefitefanSHO has a reputation beyond reputefitefanSHO has a reputation beyond reputefitefanSHO has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 1,095,833.96
Thread, it very good - McGoorty Apologies for negging you before. You're a good poster and an asset to the forums. - It's Ovah great thread man--rock of ages - McGoorty Cheers for the help, shame i couldnt get u a real pint! - The Surgeon 

Quote:
Originally Posted by WesleySnipes View Post
Buster Douglas wasnt dominant...and he was knocked out and was on the floor for over 10 seconds easily...Tyson was on the floor for about 9.5 seconds and the ****in referee counted it as a knockout...
Octavio failed to pick up the count from the knockdown timekeeper but Buster beat the ref's count (slow, mistaken, or otherwise) and that's all he needed to do. It's obvious that he could have gotten up whenever he wanted to, and just look at how much fight he had left after the fight resumes. He had enough to really start whoopin on Tyson after he himself was hurt and down from a vicious uppercut. Tyson on the other hand was ALL DONE when he barely beat the count in the 10th and he had no chance whatsoever to recover had he been allowed to continue fighting, so...get a clue.
Old 08-01-2011, 03:04 PM
GJC
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 14 GJC has a reputation beyond reputeGJC has a reputation beyond reputeGJC has a reputation beyond reputeGJC has a reputation beyond reputeGJC has a reputation beyond reputeGJC has a reputation beyond reputeGJC has a reputation beyond reputeGJC has a reputation beyond reputeGJC has a reputation beyond reputeGJC has a reputation beyond reputeGJC has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,020,399.65
Total Points: 2,059,971.96
To a fellow boxing historian - Stoppage good poster - Counter right Excellent Poster. - Barnburner A cold pint for a knowlegeable old bastard - The Surgeon Super-Poster-- from McG - McGoorty 
You look like you need a proper DRINK - McGoorty This stuff should help the faculties - McGoorty Rest in peace old friend! - JAB5239 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jabsRstiff View Post
Donald Curry at 147 was amazing...a future all-time great. That was until he ran into no-hoper (against Curry, that's what he was going in) Lloyd Honeyghan. Honeyghan hurt Curry early and then thrashed him to a 6th rd TKO win.

Honeyghan was a bigger underdog against Curry than Hopkins was against ANYBODY....and he beat Curry more thoroughly than Hopkins did the favorites he fought.
That certainly qualifies. I understand that Micky Duff was the one who clocked that Curry might be "gone" and pushed Honeygun into the fight.
Old 08-01-2011, 03:06 PM
jabsRstiff
! ! ! !

Rep Power: 4032 jabsRstiff has a reputation beyond reputejabsRstiff has a reputation beyond reputejabsRstiff has a reputation beyond reputejabsRstiff has a reputation beyond reputejabsRstiff has a reputation beyond reputejabsRstiff has a reputation beyond reputejabsRstiff has a reputation beyond reputejabsRstiff has a reputation beyond reputejabsRstiff has a reputation beyond reputejabsRstiff has a reputation beyond reputejabsRstiff has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by WesleySnipes View Post

Tyson was schooled, pummelled, and left groping around the floor blindly trying to get his mouthpiece back in.

Still hurts 21.5 years later, doesn't it?
Old 08-01-2011, 03:07 PM
GJC
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 14 GJC has a reputation beyond reputeGJC has a reputation beyond reputeGJC has a reputation beyond reputeGJC has a reputation beyond reputeGJC has a reputation beyond reputeGJC has a reputation beyond reputeGJC has a reputation beyond reputeGJC has a reputation beyond reputeGJC has a reputation beyond reputeGJC has a reputation beyond reputeGJC has a reputation beyond repute
To a fellow boxing historian - Stoppage good poster - Counter right Excellent Poster. - Barnburner A cold pint for a knowlegeable old bastard - The Surgeon Super-Poster-- from McG - McGoorty 
You look like you need a proper DRINK - McGoorty This stuff should help the faculties - McGoorty Rest in peace old friend! - JAB5239 

Ali v Foreman would surely qualify? Not sure about betting but anyone who say's they picked Ali for that is lying. Foreman threw a lot of leather but Ali controlled that fight from the 1st bell
Old 08-01-2011, 03:08 PM
jabsRstiff
! ! ! !

Quote:
Originally Posted by GJC View Post
That certainly qualifies. I understand that Micky Duff was the one who clocked that Curry might be "gone" and pushed Honeygun into the fight.
I've been a hardcore fan since '81, and to me it's the biggest upset of my time. Sure, Douglas-Tyson was on a much larger scale, but I just thought Curry was unbeatable at 147, while thinking tyson could be beaten (not by Douglas, however)
Old 08-01-2011, 03:14 PM
GJC
Undisputed Champion

Quote:
I've been a hardcore fan since '81, and to me it's the biggest upset of my time. Sure, Douglas-Tyson was on a much larger scale, but I just thought Curry was unbeatable at 147, while thinking tyson could be beaten (not by Douglas, however)
I'd go along with that, I thought Tyson was beatable and what Douglas did was the way to beat him however I didn't think Douglas would be the one to do it.
Honeyghan I knew had talent but Curry was immense (people forget how good I think) and whilst he was mid 20s I didn't think he was anything near ready for Curry or indeed a title shot.
Old 08-01-2011, 03:15 PM
fitefanSHO
KO Digest

Rep Power: 6 fitefanSHO has a reputation beyond reputefitefanSHO has a reputation beyond reputefitefanSHO has a reputation beyond reputefitefanSHO has a reputation beyond reputefitefanSHO has a reputation beyond reputefitefanSHO has a reputation beyond reputefitefanSHO has a reputation beyond reputefitefanSHO has a reputation beyond reputefitefanSHO has a reputation beyond reputefitefanSHO has a reputation beyond reputefitefanSHO has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 1,095,833.96
Thread, it very good - McGoorty Apologies for negging you before. You're a good poster and an asset to the forums. - It's Ovah great thread man--rock of ages - McGoorty Cheers for the help, shame i couldnt get u a real pint! - The Surgeon 

Quote:
Tyson was schooled, pummelled, and left groping around the floor blindly trying to get his mouthpiece back in.

Still hurts 21.5 years later, doesn't it?
lol, ya Tyson was robbed!

Old 08-01-2011, 03:25 PM
GJC
Undisputed Champion

Only by Don King