No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Bert Sugar's Take on Donaire-Marquez, Gamboa, More

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Bert Sugar's Take on Donaire-Marquez, Gamboa, More

Earlier this week my colleague Dennis Guillermo caught up with WBC and WBO bantamweight champion Nonito Donaire as he attempted to get some insight into the Fil-Am fighter’s immediate plans. Fresh off of the news that he had re-signed with Top Rank Promotions after an ugly court battle over his services, Donaire offered up some surprising sound bites about who he would like to face next.

[Click Here To Read More]

Donaire devastates Marquez, period... same for Gamboa

Comment

this goes to show you how out dated these so called old school boxing analyst are. bert sugar, larry merchant, harold lederman need to hang it up. these guys live too much in the past that they walk around with blinders on when they see a fighter today who reminds them of one of their favorite fighters from decades ago. anybody who has eyes knows a fight between donaire and marquez wouldn't last 3 rounds and that's on marquez's best day. donaire's on path to be a future p4p champ and marquez is on the tail end of a very battled worn career. these guys get paid by certain en****** i know, so they have to do their hype job, but when you constantly ask fans to believe your mouth over their own eyes you start to sound real foolish.

Comment

man gamboa would mess this cat up, make donaire vs rigo already

Comment

Originally posted by rckdees View Post
          this goes to show you how out dated these so called old school boxing analyst are. bert sugar, larry merchant, harold lederman need to hang it up. these guys live too much in the past that they walk around with blinders on when they see a fighter today who reminds them of one of their favorite fighters from decades ago. anybody who has eyes knows a fight between donaire and marquez wouldn't last 3 rounds and that's on marquez's best day. donaire's on path to be a future p4p champ and marquez is on the tail end of a very battled worn career. these guys get paid by certain en****** i know, so they have to do their hype job, but when you constantly ask fans to believe your mouth over their own eyes you start to sound real foolish.

Maybe you should replace them. you obviously think that you know more than them.

Comment

Bert Sugar is a CLOWN!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QjZnc4sQKaY

Comment

Donaire versus Rigondeaux would be awesome. I think that's Nonito's most exciting possible match-up. Gamboa would be too much for Donaire at 126. I have to agree with Sugar's idea that "you reach a wall." There's a division that a fighter just can't get past, unless he's already a heavyweight. Yuri might not even be at featherweight when Nonito is ready to step up to the division.

Comment

Have another drink, Bert, you deluded old alkie.

Comment

Whenever there is a fight where Bert Sugar thinks the judges messed up the call, he always uses the same joke:

"I tripped over their seeing-eye dogs..."

Look out for it. He's used it 724 times. LOL

Comment

Originally posted by BesWorldChamp View Post
                    Whenever there is a fight where Bert Sugar thinks the judges messed up the call, he always uses the same joke:

"I tripped over their seeing-eye dogs..."

Look out for it. He's used it 724 times. LOL
                    Give Sugar a break; he's old. He only uses that joke once a year....

Comment

Working...
                    X