Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing
Thread Navigation

Old 07-29-2011, 01:06 PM
LaMigra
Banned

Rep Power: 0 LaMigra has a reputation beyond reputeLaMigra has a reputation beyond reputeLaMigra has a reputation beyond reputeLaMigra has a reputation beyond reputeLaMigra has a reputation beyond reputeLaMigra has a reputation beyond reputeLaMigra has a reputation beyond reputeLaMigra has a reputation beyond reputeLaMigra has a reputation beyond reputeLaMigra has a reputation beyond reputeLaMigra has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 38,483.57

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steak View Post
That sort of strategy is actually not very good against a Margarito type of fighter. Digging to the body is the way to kill Margs. and I was disappointed that Cotto didnt easily wipe out Mayorga like he should have.

but, I still believe Cotto will win, simply because I see Margarito being much more shot than Cotto is.
Since when is Cotto Tito Trinidad? And since when is Mayorga a KO victim for anybody early in the night with the exception of Oscar who landed a perfect punch in the 6th?

Keep it in perspective guys. The Mayorga that showed up to fight Cotto was game and fit.

It took Mosley 12 rounds to KO Mayorga in 2008.
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 07-29-2011, 01:12 PM
Pacquiao'd
Banned

Rep Power: 0 Pacquiao'd is infamous around these partsPacquiao'd is infamous around these partsPacquiao'd is infamous around these partsPacquiao'd is infamous around these partsPacquiao'd is infamous around these partsPacquiao'd is infamous around these partsPacquiao'd is infamous around these partsPacquiao'd is infamous around these partsPacquiao'd is infamous around these partsPacquiao'd is infamous around these partsPacquiao'd is infamous around these parts
Bank: 454,119,616,632.15
Total Points: 734,229,104,525.59
Keep up the good work Bro - Jedi Vader No Message - jazluvr have fun - jazluvr No Message - jazluvr ownage of a pactard - I'm so sorry 
tasty! - YDKSAB Retard - flat1985 My favorite MayClown :) - Beercules Pacquiao'd goes hard! War Floyd! - LoadedWraps 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - jazluvr Gay and Lesbian Pride - jazluvr Gay and Lesbian Pride - jazluvr 

and looked like crap while doing it
Old 07-29-2011, 01:16 PM
Steak
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 35 Steak has a reputation beyond reputeSteak has a reputation beyond reputeSteak has a reputation beyond reputeSteak has a reputation beyond reputeSteak has a reputation beyond reputeSteak has a reputation beyond reputeSteak has a reputation beyond reputeSteak has a reputation beyond reputeSteak has a reputation beyond reputeSteak has a reputation beyond reputeSteak has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 666,366,315.14
Total Points: 771,844,141.34
big sky tye video! - natas206 Couldn't give Karma, so i'll drink to that post - GreatJoe For being supportive of my boy Nate - Massage Queen good posters deserve donuts - Junito-Rulez One of the best posters on the site - Heebarican 
Favorite BoxingScene Asshole - DWiens421 Good poster. - Barnburner For all the hard work on those essays. - Barnburner 

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaMigra View Post
Since when is Cotto Tito Trinidad? And since when is Mayorga a KO victim for anybody early in the night with the exception of Oscar who landed a perfect punch in the 6th?

Keep it in perspective guys. The Mayorga that showed up to fight Cotto was game and fit.

It took Mosley 12 rounds to KO Mayorga in 2008.
Mayorga looked like **** ass in his last fight again Walker, and his chin has been cracked multiple times now. He doesnt have much in the skills department, so when his physical gifts go, hes gone. And the man is old. I was expecting Cotto to dispatch him easier than that, and so did most Cotto fans.

And DLH was mutilating him from the first round.
Old 07-29-2011, 01:21 PM
LaMigra
Banned

Rep Power: 0 LaMigra has a reputation beyond reputeLaMigra has a reputation beyond reputeLaMigra has a reputation beyond reputeLaMigra has a reputation beyond reputeLaMigra has a reputation beyond reputeLaMigra has a reputation beyond reputeLaMigra has a reputation beyond reputeLaMigra has a reputation beyond reputeLaMigra has a reputation beyond reputeLaMigra has a reputation beyond reputeLaMigra has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Mayorga looked like **** ass in his last fight again Walker, and his chin has been cracked multiple times now. He doesnt have much in the skills department, so when his physical gifts go, hes gone. And the man is old. I was expecting Cotto to dispatch him easier than that, and so did most Cotto fans.

And DLH was mutilating him from the first round.

I was expecting Tony The Tiger Thompson to not have 2 losses on his record and at least 5 more KO's...

Have you tried calling Cotto and telling him he let you down cause you were "expecting" so much?

Bottom line: Cotto won and hit him in the mouth so hard, his hand became possessed and began to burn.

"Ese Boricua pega duro" ~Mayorga post fight
Old 07-29-2011, 01:40 PM
Dirk Diggler UK
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 97 Dirk Diggler UK has a reputation beyond reputeDirk Diggler UK has a reputation beyond reputeDirk Diggler UK has a reputation beyond reputeDirk Diggler UK has a reputation beyond reputeDirk Diggler UK has a reputation beyond reputeDirk Diggler UK has a reputation beyond reputeDirk Diggler UK has a reputation beyond reputeDirk Diggler UK has a reputation beyond reputeDirk Diggler UK has a reputation beyond reputeDirk Diggler UK has a reputation beyond reputeDirk Diggler UK has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 5,561,262,244,295.95
Total Points: 5,582,511,135,145.71
Great find on the Joe C vid where he says he wants RJ and BH. - Johnny Chingas Funny man! - The Surgeon True Boxing Fan - kyshenko team Boring Arsenal - Sir TomJones I enjoy your posts and any fan of the Prince is a friend of mine. What football team do you support? - rorymac 
can't green you right now, but here's a gift. cheers! - chiguy91 Supporter of bisexual London boxers - S~T~J Arsenal Fan - siablo14 Just saw, 20k posts, Congrats!  (no doubt tons of those were tormenting OG lol) :wave: - Bossy No Message - jazluvr 
have a blue parallelogram - Jack Napier a kick for your hatred of the Klitschkos - Freedom. Because you're delusional - Boxing Goat Khan's Army - Box-Office Maybe this is bigger than collazo!Enjoy it! - fundicao 
For your mouth. - Scott.Weiland For owning American posters - jas kick this retarded cretin - Rammstein For exposing bias ignorant racists like BD - hectari Good broner thread - jas 

Quote:
You mean the way Khan ran around the ring half asleep for 2-3 rounds against Maidana with the Ref saving him every 20 seconds from getting knocked the fck out?

Unless Khan had a chin transplant in Brazil, it is just a matter of time son. Keep feeding him to washed up fighters like Zab Judah and he will go far. But you and I both it's just a matter of time and he will be exposed again.

Amir Chin Con
Running for a couple rounds when you're hurt isnt the same as running for 3/4 of the fight to avoid taking more punishment. Cotto mentally quit after 3 rounds
Old 07-29-2011, 01:45 PM
Steak
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 35 Steak has a reputation beyond reputeSteak has a reputation beyond reputeSteak has a reputation beyond reputeSteak has a reputation beyond reputeSteak has a reputation beyond reputeSteak has a reputation beyond reputeSteak has a reputation beyond reputeSteak has a reputation beyond reputeSteak has a reputation beyond reputeSteak has a reputation beyond reputeSteak has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 666,366,315.14
Total Points: 771,844,141.34
big sky tye video! - natas206 Couldn't give Karma, so i'll drink to that post - GreatJoe For being supportive of my boy Nate - Massage Queen good posters deserve donuts - Junito-Rulez One of the best posters on the site - Heebarican 
Favorite BoxingScene Asshole - DWiens421 Good poster. - Barnburner For all the hard work on those essays. - Barnburner 

Quote:
I was expecting Tony The Tiger Thompson to not have 2 losses on his record and at least 5 more KO's...

Have you tried calling Cotto and telling him he let you down cause you were "expecting" so much?

Bottom line: Cotto won and hit him in the mouth so hard, his hand became possessed and began to burn.

"Ese Boricua pega duro" ~Mayorga post fight
I see, so youre a biased fan and Im not allowed to scrutinize a fighter's performance to predict how he does in later fights.

Excellent.
Old 07-29-2011, 02:02 PM
Trigg
Jack The Stripper

Rep Power: 8 Trigg has a reputation beyond reputeTrigg has a reputation beyond reputeTrigg has a reputation beyond reputeTrigg has a reputation beyond reputeTrigg has a reputation beyond reputeTrigg has a reputation beyond reputeTrigg has a reputation beyond reputeTrigg has a reputation beyond reputeTrigg has a reputation beyond reputeTrigg has a reputation beyond reputeTrigg has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 11.65
Total Points: 27,010,887.62
top man - The_Demon No Message - Traveler1 

Cotto has one of the most underrated jabs in the sport

He was throwing and landing it like a boss early on against Pac

When he neglected it was when Manny started taking over

Last edited by jimbo87; 07-29-2011 at 02:06 PM.
Old 07-29-2011, 02:08 PM
baya
Wrapidad was garbage

Rep Power: 146 baya has a reputation beyond reputebaya has a reputation beyond reputebaya has a reputation beyond reputebaya has a reputation beyond reputebaya has a reputation beyond reputebaya has a reputation beyond reputebaya has a reputation beyond reputebaya has a reputation beyond reputebaya has a reputation beyond reputebaya has a reputation beyond reputebaya has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 3,259,702,259,805.75
Total Points: 1,003,259,702,273,322.38
Congratulations! - Sin City to a black PR 'nando.....like tito. - Left Hook Tua for a great guy - jazluvr449 drink uphomie!! - RIZO24 For the Man - jazluvr 
No Message - Tha_Greatest To a great guy and good sport - deanrw LOL man. I love your RIP thread - deanrw ...RIP el boss hog Thread... - jose830 Thanks, did you check me out on the bag? - Cuauhtémoc1520 
No Message - chiguy91 No Message - chiguy91 No Message - chiguy91 youre a joke - MANIAC310 Cheers :beerchug: on your test results...aprende mijo ponte un condon! - jose830 
Greener pastures, my friend. - Fistic Congratulations on your divorce! - -jose- hang this on the wall for good luck with your restaurant - -jose- 
Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - MANIAC310 Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - jazluvr AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - chiguy91 Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - chiguy91 Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - chiguy91 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Fantastic View Post
I won't lie, that left jab to that eye of Tony has me worried but other than that, I'm good.

I think Cotto is a better offensive technical boxer than Marquez. But Marquez is both offensive and defensive.
whaaaat? dude thats crazy, marquez is waaaaaay better offensively than cotto. cotto doesn't like putting his punches together much anymore and its primarily that jab followed by the hook that defines cotto now a days.

as a boricua, i'm offended you stated that fallacy.
Old 07-29-2011, 02:12 PM
baya
Wrapidad was garbage

Rep Power: 146 baya has a reputation beyond reputebaya has a reputation beyond reputebaya has a reputation beyond reputebaya has a reputation beyond reputebaya has a reputation beyond reputebaya has a reputation beyond reputebaya has a reputation beyond reputebaya has a reputation beyond reputebaya has a reputation beyond reputebaya has a reputation beyond reputebaya has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 3,259,702,259,805.75
Total Points: 1,003,259,702,273,322.38
Congratulations! - Sin City to a black PR 'nando.....like tito. - Left Hook Tua for a great guy - jazluvr449 drink uphomie!! - RIZO24 For the Man - jazluvr 
No Message - Tha_Greatest To a great guy and good sport - deanrw LOL man. I love your RIP thread - deanrw ...RIP el boss hog Thread... - jose830 Thanks, did you check me out on the bag? - Cuauhtémoc1520 
No Message - chiguy91 No Message - chiguy91 No Message - chiguy91 youre a joke - MANIAC310 Cheers :beerchug: on your test results...aprende mijo ponte un condon! - jose830 
Greener pastures, my friend. - Fistic Congratulations on your divorce! - -jose- hang this on the wall for good luck with your restaurant - -jose- 
Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - MANIAC310 Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - jazluvr AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - chiguy91 Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - chiguy91 Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - chiguy91 

... but yeah, that triple jab in the tenth round that cotto landed was disgusting.
Old 07-29-2011, 03:33 PM
LaMigra
Banned

Quote:
I see, so youre a biased fan and Im not allowed to scrutinize a fighter's performance to predict how he does in later fights.

Excellent.
I see you in 76% of all Cotto threads with your bias.

As I said before: I expected Tony Thompson to not be a punching bag for 11 rounds against Wlad and I also expected Tony Thompson to have a much better resume.