Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing
View Poll Results: Who is the toughest Polack?
Tomasz Adamek 9 52.94%
Pawel Wolak 6 35.29%
Carl Froch 2 11.76%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

Thread Navigation

Old 07-26-2011, 12:07 PM
Pastrano
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 8 Pastrano has a reputation beyond reputePastrano has a reputation beyond reputePastrano has a reputation beyond reputePastrano has a reputation beyond reputePastrano has a reputation beyond reputePastrano has a reputation beyond reputePastrano has a reputation beyond reputePastrano has a reputation beyond reputePastrano has a reputation beyond reputePastrano has a reputation beyond reputePastrano has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 8,836,791.75

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegendOfLink View Post
Nothing against Klitschko2011 because I like him as a poster but I'm like 99 percent sure you're right. I know those are fighting words to polish people if you call them that. I'm not sure Klitschko2011 knew that tho, I don't know what country Klitschko2011 is from but in America it's kind of offensive.
I know, I live in Norway and here POLAKK is the official term for Polish persons.
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 07-26-2011, 12:39 PM
Foul Pole
Up and Comer

Rep Power: 5 Foul Pole has a reputation beyond reputeFoul Pole has a reputation beyond reputeFoul Pole has a reputation beyond reputeFoul Pole has a reputation beyond reputeFoul Pole has a reputation beyond reputeFoul Pole has a reputation beyond reputeFoul Pole has a reputation beyond reputeFoul Pole has a reputation beyond reputeFoul Pole has a reputation beyond reputeFoul Pole has a reputation beyond reputeFoul Pole has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 5,010,523.29

Polack simply means "polish man" in Polish. It carries a negative connoation in the US because many of the immigrants who came to America were of the lowest educational and socio economic class, this is where you get the dumb Polack joke, therefore Klitschko 2011 got it right. The irony here is that Adamek's nickname "goral" can be an offensive term in Polish. It loosely translates to mountain man, hillbilly, or redneck.

As far as tough, all three are tough. They probably feel they have a lot to make up for after Golota's many fails.
Old 07-26-2011, 12:41 PM
uoykcuf
Banned

Bank: 380,681,354.58
Total Points: 381,030,054.99
one of boxingscene's best posters - Freedom. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foul Pole View Post
Polack simply means "polish man" in Polish. It carries a negative connoation in the US because many of the immigrants who came to America were of the lowest educational and socio economic class, this is where you get the dumb Polack joke, therefore Klitschko 2011 got it right. The irony here is that Adamek's nickname "goral" can be an offensive term in Polish. It loosely translates to mountain man, hillbilly, or redneck.
Well, Mountain man is a tough man the other terms hillbilly and redneck are not what I consider a Mountain man. When I think of the term Mountain man I think of people who jog trails up mountains for a living or climb em. Those people sound tough to me.