Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Training & Nutrition
Thread Navigation

Old 07-19-2011, 11:20 PM
SkyKng
Banned

Rep Power: 0 SkyKng is infamous around these partsSkyKng is infamous around these parts
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 15,270.58
Default i sparred today

and got my ass whipped thoroughly with ease. i forgot how much it hurts to get punched in the nose/ribs. i got stopped with a left hook to the body. hopefully i will do better next time.

taking my picture down now in shame
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 07-19-2011, 11:25 PM
BulgariasFinest
warrior

Rep Power: 5 BulgariasFinest has a reputation beyond reputeBulgariasFinest has a reputation beyond reputeBulgariasFinest has a reputation beyond reputeBulgariasFinest has a reputation beyond reputeBulgariasFinest has a reputation beyond reputeBulgariasFinest has a reputation beyond reputeBulgariasFinest has a reputation beyond reputeBulgariasFinest has a reputation beyond reputeBulgariasFinest has a reputation beyond reputeBulgariasFinest has a reputation beyond reputeBulgariasFinest has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 172,880,275,146,994.91
Total Points: 172,880,275,149,819.56
Great poster. - dancovboxer For luck - rorymac For the Sig Thanks! - Lazerjab A classy poster - led Here's one right back for having the balls to try and understand that stupid bitch!! - Pretty Boy1 
you deserve more of these - Alx. Merry Christmas to you and yours bro! - jose830 Happy new year to you too :D - Terrel anytime bro! cheers!!! - jose830 . - PAC-BOY 
Glad you agree with me thanks for the rep - hectari 

Nothing shameful in that. Now you are better from that experience. Next time you get in there, beat HIS ass
Old 07-19-2011, 11:42 PM
garadelics
Amateur

Total Points: 152,630.08

as long as you get back in the ring and strive to get better theres nothing wrong with it
Old 07-19-2011, 11:59 PM
ghns1133
#1 p4p ATG/GOAT

Rep Power: 10 ghns1133 has a reputation beyond reputeghns1133 has a reputation beyond reputeghns1133 has a reputation beyond reputeghns1133 has a reputation beyond reputeghns1133 has a reputation beyond reputeghns1133 has a reputation beyond reputeghns1133 has a reputation beyond reputeghns1133 has a reputation beyond reputeghns1133 has a reputation beyond reputeghns1133 has a reputation beyond reputeghns1133 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 3,679,913,011.64
Total Points: 4,730,275,779.88
Some Green! - Barnburner on me - danny711 and a shot - danny711 actually theres beer inside - kyshenko team imagine it's Floyd when you stick it in - Freedom. 
heres your gift have fun - sugersean15 Boss lady aint shiit! - Uncle Howie for teh vids - ƒallenloki 

everyone gets there ass kicked!!!!

i remember i sparred with a pro...

he was going easy but then i tagged him...

the bell rang but he didnt care...

he dropped me with a uppercut to the body

what doestn kill you makes u stronger i guess
Old 07-20-2011, 12:26 AM
Rockin'
Banned

Rep Power: 0 Rockin' has a reputation beyond reputeRockin' has a reputation beyond reputeRockin' has a reputation beyond reputeRockin' has a reputation beyond reputeRockin' has a reputation beyond reputeRockin' has a reputation beyond reputeRockin' has a reputation beyond reputeRockin' has a reputation beyond reputeRockin' has a reputation beyond reputeRockin' has a reputation beyond reputeRockin' has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 31,588,368,032,279.08
Total Points: 31,588,368,076,600.83
have a drink bud - peyk-peyk another one bud - peyk-peyk tnx 4 the green champ - BoZz Have a beer on me... - BulgariasFinest I have great respect for you as a poster - rorymac 
Much appreciated my friend - BulgariasFinest thanks champ, respect :) - calmdown you were a good opponent or whatever, now its over between you and me as rivals or fake rivals, whatever it was, lol, no more problems from me to you in my part - Tha_Greatest 10k. Keep postin'. - BattlingNelson Happy 10k darling! :kiss: - *Boss Lady* 
10k posts - ??? Happy birthday Rockin' - dan_cov happy birthday - TBear You are one of the best posters here. - I'm so sorry Great post on crime statistics. It's truly a disturbing trend. - thuggery 
for keepin it real in the training lounge , your the man rockin. - HUGH JASS For beating the stuffing out of master chef - lparm how do u give someone a good rep? cant figure it out - bigpauly To a fighting Man - Weltz One of the great posters - jas 
Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - mangler World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - jazluvr Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Talisayen AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - ??? Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - TBear 
Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - TBear World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - TBear Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - TBear Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - TBear World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - TBear 
World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - jose830 Childhood Cancer - bigpauly World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -jose- World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -jose- 

the ones who become champion are the ones that show up the next day looking to do it again. everybody who fights has had days like you mentioned. It's all about doing just that little bit better the next time until you are standing your ground in there and then taking ground. But it takes time and dedication..............Rockin'
Old 07-20-2011, 12:29 AM
SkyKng
Banned

Rep Power: 0 SkyKng is infamous around these partsSkyKng is infamous around these parts
Total Points: 15,270.58

thank you. my plan for next time, maybe tomorrow, is to circle to the left and avoid his left hand at all costs.. and keep my right hand glued to my body. also try to move the **** out of my head and use my feet to basically avoid him the whole time lol

is it ok if i fight like a coward?

maybe i will keep my left down at my body and try to slip the jab, hopefully i dont get jacked with a hook. and keep my left high to block rights?

my biggest mistake was trying to do the philly shell because i want to be like james toney.

honestly i really dont know what to do.. this guy is bigger/taller and hits hard.

Last edited by SkyKng; 07-20-2011 at 12:33 AM.
Old 07-20-2011, 01:19 AM
paulsinghnl
Student of the game

Rep Power: 7 paulsinghnl has a reputation beyond reputepaulsinghnl has a reputation beyond reputepaulsinghnl has a reputation beyond reputepaulsinghnl has a reputation beyond reputepaulsinghnl has a reputation beyond reputepaulsinghnl has a reputation beyond reputepaulsinghnl has a reputation beyond reputepaulsinghnl has a reputation beyond reputepaulsinghnl has a reputation beyond reputepaulsinghnl has a reputation beyond reputepaulsinghnl has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 183,738.96
Total Points: 229,418.13

nothing to be ashamed about, learn from it and come back stronger..

so the guy is bigger and stronger, he sounds like he likes to bully you around. hmm.. maybe you can try to counter him whenever he tries to step in. slip his jab, hard straight to the plexus or his chin and then MOVE OUT THE WAY! don't let him corner you or anything, be elusive and let him walk after you and do the work. both hands up, slip punches, and when you feel confident, counter hard and then MOVE OUT THE WAY! i haven't got a clear idea of how the dude fights, but i hope it helps.
Old 07-20-2011, 04:25 AM
ChowAce
Contender

Total Points: 11,647.11

You were trying the philly shell defense? lol My coach would smack me if I tried anything non conventional as an amatuer. I would focus on getting the basics down and being able to hold your own in sparring before trying things like the philly shell.

Last edited by ChowAce; 07-20-2011 at 04:29 AM.
Old 07-20-2011, 04:43 AM
Bullrush
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 13 Bullrush has a reputation beyond reputeBullrush has a reputation beyond reputeBullrush has a reputation beyond reputeBullrush has a reputation beyond reputeBullrush has a reputation beyond reputeBullrush has a reputation beyond reputeBullrush has a reputation beyond reputeBullrush has a reputation beyond reputeBullrush has a reputation beyond reputeBullrush has a reputation beyond reputeBullrush has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 3,590,245,655.37
Total Points: 3,670,299,944.55

dude get your guard up and start fighting. running will only get you into more trouble, he will sense that you are afraid and then hes gonna think he can do whatever he wants. stop running. get your guard up and attack. use your jab to keep him off you, that should be your bread and butter

nazeem richardson once said it best. nobody likes getting hit but you gotta do something about it (punching back). if you dont do something about it you may not have an option
Old 07-20-2011, 04:52 AM
alza1988
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 52 alza1988 has a reputation beyond reputealza1988 has a reputation beyond reputealza1988 has a reputation beyond reputealza1988 has a reputation beyond reputealza1988 has a reputation beyond reputealza1988 has a reputation beyond reputealza1988 has a reputation beyond reputealza1988 has a reputation beyond reputealza1988 has a reputation beyond reputealza1988 has a reputation beyond reputealza1988 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 73,744,223,134.87
Total Points: 84,618,278,040.01
For making me laugh!!! - abosworth k - hitmanhat k - hitmanhat k - hitmanhat k - hitmanhat 
Have a apple! - Breakbeat merry x-mas! - chiguy91 Thanks. This one on me bro - led* 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - goldenboy11 Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - goldenboy11 Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - hitmanhat Graves Disease - Lymphedema - Men's Health - Pro Choice - Prostate Cancer - Scleroderma - Thyroid Disease - Trisomy 18 - hitmanhat Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - hitmanhat 
World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - hitmanhat Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - goldenboy11 

On your time out study boxing and find out how you got beat and how u can challenge your opponent to get yourself better and find a style to beat him .I'll post up some good reading for you to try and take in and work on your boxing skill .

Last edited by alza1988; 07-20-2011 at 04:56 AM.