Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing
Thread Navigation

Old 07-15-2011, 12:20 AM
BIGPOPPAPUMP
Big Bad Booty Daddy

Rep Power: 200000 BIGPOPPAPUMP has a reputation beyond reputeBIGPOPPAPUMP has a reputation beyond reputeBIGPOPPAPUMP has a reputation beyond reputeBIGPOPPAPUMP has a reputation beyond reputeBIGPOPPAPUMP has a reputation beyond reputeBIGPOPPAPUMP has a reputation beyond reputeBIGPOPPAPUMP has a reputation beyond reputeBIGPOPPAPUMP has a reputation beyond reputeBIGPOPPAPUMP has a reputation beyond reputeBIGPOPPAPUMP has a reputation beyond reputeBIGPOPPAPUMP has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 2,502,086,110,880.20
A gift from boxinglibrary.com - vze2hhvj 16k posts. cheers - MELLY-MEL... To our dad. Thanks for looking after us! - S a m u r a i Unban ЯiZO - Hugh Janus Unban ЯiZO - Hugh Janus 
Cheers, to the servers BPP! - mangler unban kev183 - Kevin Jesus Thanks for all u du Pops! - jazluvr For the Sam Tribute thread! Thanks Pops! - jazluvr Our Boxingscene father, who art in heaven.... - Disposable Arts 
A Medal For Boxing Scenes Father...... ;-) nyargles! - BritishBoxing92 Apple for Pump - Poor Lad Enjoy your Parallelogram - Spray_resistant Merry Christmas - Flab ...and a Happy New Year! - Flab 
.........no homo - MANIAC310 for the amazing job you do reporting the boxing news! - jose830 happy holidays Popa! - jazluvr To wipe yourself down with after Reeno's sprayed his seed up you - !! Anorak Kudos to responding to the trolling!  Seeing your pic of Mayweather on the throne has become a daily routine for me. - Trudoe 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Butterball Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - S a m u r a i Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - S a m u r a i Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - S a m u r a i Childhood Cancer - S a m u r a i 
Lou Gehrig's Disease (ALS) - -Ash- Head and Neck Cancer - -Ash- Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - -Ash- Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - bearman3000 Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - jazluvr 
World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - jazluvr Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - jazluvr Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Grand Champ Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - jazluvr Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - jazluvr 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - bigpauly Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - Trudoe 
Post Comments Thread For: Antonio Tarver Ė Is The Magic Still There at 42?

By Thomas Gerbasi - When youíre magic, how could you possibly disappear? Thatís the question Antonio ďMagic ManĒ Tarver is asking just before he steps into the ring with Danny Green in Sydney, Australia on July 20th.

Sure, heís 42, but being over 40 hasnít stopped Bernard Hopkins and Glen Johnson from maintaining their relevance in the fight game. And with just 34 fights over 14 years, just a couple wars, and no knockout defeats, you could probably scrape a few years off his clock, right?

ďIíve been trying to tell everybody that but they donít want to hear me,Ē he laughs. It is true though, and while a sporadic fight schedule at his age probably isnít preferable, the former light heavyweight champion isnít looking at sticking around just to fight anybody. As always, heís been smart about his career, so if itís not a big fight, heís really not interested.

And at least in Australia, the Green fight is a big one.

ďIím excited about the fight, I really am, and at age 42, I know Iím not gonna get these opportunities a lot going forward, and Iíve got to take advantage of this one as if this is my last and this is how we approach it,Ē said Tarver, who left for the land down under on July 6th to get acclimated and ready for his bout for the IBO cruiserweight title.

Itís his second straight bout above the 175 pound weight limit where he made his name, and while the first Ė a ten round decision win over Nagy Aguilera at heavyweight last October Ė didnít set exactly set hearts racing, it did push him back into the win column after back-to-back losses to Chad Dawson and got the wheels turning again when it comes to the latest stage of his career.

ďI think when I first made my debut at heavyweight, I kinda rushed it and I wasnít in the best physical condition that I should have been in,Ē admits Tarver, who weighed in at 221 for the bout with the journeyman. ďIt was trial and error and the fight showed that. I got injured early and I had to fight through pain and everything, but overall I did what I went to do, which was win, against someone who I felt at the time was a credible guy. He had only been stopped by Samuel Peter, who is one of the most devastating punchers in that division, I hurt the guy, and I never thought in a million years that he would end up running in that fight, and thatís what happened. He started running and he really didnít want to come at me, and thatís because he felt my power early. Who knows what would have happened if he would have stood still and fought. But I canít question a guy when heís getting hit Ė should he stay in there or should he get out of there. He felt my power and he was on his bicycle for the majority of the fight, which was surprising to me, but it just goes to show you, I can punch.Ē
[Click Here To Read More]
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 07-15-2011, 12:34 AM
jreckoning
WBA Silver Champion

Rep Power: 82 jreckoning has a reputation beyond reputejreckoning has a reputation beyond reputejreckoning has a reputation beyond reputejreckoning has a reputation beyond reputejreckoning has a reputation beyond reputejreckoning has a reputation beyond reputejreckoning has a reputation beyond reputejreckoning has a reputation beyond reputejreckoning has a reputation beyond reputejreckoning has a reputation beyond reputejreckoning has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,272.65
Total Points: 1,457.65
Beer I owe you for nearly making a f--k up of that bet - alza1988 For your genourosity and big heart! - jazluvr449 straight up! - -veteran420- a truly excellent poster. - the point giver Great poster - ADDICT 
i tried getting you a gift before when you hooked me up with points but was out of stock,for you mate - project xxx1 Thanks for the points, buddy! - smallbutstrong good luck in the league, you'll need it - El Mustang For being one helluva poster - Chief2ndzOnly! chi town info - al capone 
You're one of boxingscene's best - Freedom. Tomasz Adamek: brave ring warrior - Freedom. Feliz Navidad - El Mustang just because :kiss: - Bossy For a good treasured friend - jazluvr 
quik payup gratzie! - `STEELHEAD 49ers/Saints. thanks for your payment, have a beer on me...cheers! - jose830 Cheers!  Here's to hopefully a great night of boxing! - UglyPug u deserve it - WeEatinBaby ATG poster - sugarsmosley 
Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - Left Hook Tua Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - .::WaRCoTTo::. AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - mangler Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - JM1 Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - jazluvr449 
Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - jazluvr449 Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - jazluvr449 Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - MANGLER Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - jazluvr449 Lou Gehrig's Disease (ALS) - Tunney! 
Head and Neck Cancer - -Kevin- Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - Disposable Arts Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - jazluvr Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - jazluvr World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - jazluvr 
Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - jazluvr Aphasia - Asthma/Allergies - Brain Cancer - Brain Tumors - Diabetes - Mental Illness - jazluvr Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - jazluvr Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - jazluvr Cultural Diversity - Hunger - Leukemia - Lupus - Melanoma - Racial Tolerance - Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome - Self Injury - jazluvr 

Great interview with a legend!
Old 07-15-2011, 12:39 AM
rzagza
Interim Champion

Rep Power: 9 rzagza has a reputation beyond reputerzagza has a reputation beyond reputerzagza has a reputation beyond reputerzagza has a reputation beyond reputerzagza has a reputation beyond reputerzagza has a reputation beyond reputerzagza has a reputation beyond reputerzagza has a reputation beyond reputerzagza has a reputation beyond reputerzagza has a reputation beyond reputerzagza has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 532,449.52
Total Points: 555,486.35

Green wins on pts, and yes he can box Tarver from the outside and win.
Old 07-15-2011, 01:55 AM
Ringlife
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 13 Ringlife has a reputation beyond reputeRinglife has a reputation beyond reputeRinglife has a reputation beyond reputeRinglife has a reputation beyond reputeRinglife has a reputation beyond reputeRinglife has a reputation beyond reputeRinglife has a reputation beyond reputeRinglife has a reputation beyond reputeRinglife has a reputation beyond reputeRinglife has a reputation beyond reputeRinglife has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 124,293,705.19
Total Points: 200,124,424,745.56
Thanks for joining the discussion in my thread about GF's and boxing, its nice to hear everyones experiences with being a fan of the sport!!! - Atreyu Khalil 

The magic has been gone ever since he made Jones disappear in round 2 .
Old 07-15-2011, 02:17 AM
LeadUppercut
Banned

Rep Power: 0 LeadUppercut has a reputation beyond reputeLeadUppercut has a reputation beyond reputeLeadUppercut has a reputation beyond reputeLeadUppercut has a reputation beyond reputeLeadUppercut has a reputation beyond reputeLeadUppercut has a reputation beyond reputeLeadUppercut has a reputation beyond reputeLeadUppercut has a reputation beyond reputeLeadUppercut has a reputation beyond reputeLeadUppercut has a reputation beyond reputeLeadUppercut has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 92,997,751.71
Here you go! - Dave Rado keep smashing em! - MANIAC310 always solid posts, props. - chiguy91 have some of this green - VERMIN Keep Posting That Good Shit.. To Hell With These Pactards - JibbaJabber 
Happy New Year. - Round 1 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
By Thomas Gerbasi - When youíre magic, how could you possibly disappear? Thatís the question Antonio ďMagic ManĒ Tarver is asking just before he steps into the ring with Danny Green in Sydney, Australia on July 20th.....
I'd love to see him turn back the clock.

Danny Green is the Manny Pacquiao of the cruiserweight division.
Old 07-15-2011, 02:50 AM
RyantheLion
Up and Comer

Total Points: 2,082.54

Green hits hard as ****, and has a solid chin, seems to be getting better with age... tarver's a legend regardless of what happens in this fight, but I fear it will end with a green stopage mid rounds. Leaduppercut please leave Manny out of Green-Tarver for ****s sake! Thanks.
Old 07-15-2011, 02:50 AM
vinny2006
Contender

Rep Power: 0 vinny2006 is infamous around these partsvinny2006 is infamous around these partsvinny2006 is infamous around these partsvinny2006 is infamous around these partsvinny2006 is infamous around these partsvinny2006 is infamous around these partsvinny2006 is infamous around these partsvinny2006 is infamous around these partsvinny2006 is infamous around these partsvinny2006 is infamous around these partsvinny2006 is infamous around these parts
Total Points: 67,251.09

Tarver is not a great fighter. He attentionally stayed in the amateurs for 10 extra years waiting for his peers to get out of their primes and emerge with a young professional career. It's easy to beat a fading Roy Jones who fought over 50 pro fights and Tarver only fought 25 to 30 and their the same age.
Old 07-15-2011, 02:55 AM
vinny2006
Contender

Rep Power: 0 vinny2006 is infamous around these partsvinny2006 is infamous around these partsvinny2006 is infamous around these partsvinny2006 is infamous around these partsvinny2006 is infamous around these partsvinny2006 is infamous around these partsvinny2006 is infamous around these partsvinny2006 is infamous around these partsvinny2006 is infamous around these partsvinny2006 is infamous around these partsvinny2006 is infamous around these parts
Total Points: 67,251.09

Bernard Hopkins analyzed the Roy Jones/Tarver fight and saw that when Roy pressured Tarver, very rarely, he balls up and is taken out of his game plan. Any fighter that's aggresive with Tarver and has decent boxing skills will easily win the fight. Greenn will win by decision or knock out being aggresive.
Old 07-15-2011, 03:19 AM
Pinoy4ever
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 6 Pinoy4ever has a reputation beyond reputePinoy4ever has a reputation beyond reputePinoy4ever has a reputation beyond reputePinoy4ever has a reputation beyond reputePinoy4ever has a reputation beyond reputePinoy4ever has a reputation beyond reputePinoy4ever has a reputation beyond reputePinoy4ever has a reputation beyond reputePinoy4ever has a reputation beyond reputePinoy4ever has a reputation beyond reputePinoy4ever has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 10,000,020,798.00

Tarver still has the name but can he still fight and win.
Old 07-15-2011, 04:18 AM
teamdaigurren
Up and Comer

Rep Power: 0 teamdaigurren is an unknown quantity at this point
Total Points: 6,776.16

i agree danny green seems invincible just like manny pacquaio. high guard and good chins with Ko power. Tarver doesn't stand a chance, his workrate his *****ng terrible his hands are low and his slow and his power his **** too. tarvers body is very weak got no muscle and his fat. Green By TKO or KO for sure.