headgear - Boxing Forum
  Trending Topics  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire | Arcade

Navigation
Thread Navigation

Old 07-13-2011, 11:51 PM
Dirt
Interim Champion

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Rep Power: 8 Dirt has a reputation beyond reputeDirt has a reputation beyond reputeDirt has a reputation beyond reputeDirt has a reputation beyond reputeDirt has a reputation beyond reputeDirt has a reputation beyond reputeDirt has a reputation beyond reputeDirt has a reputation beyond reputeDirt has a reputation beyond reputeDirt has a reputation beyond reputeDirt has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 89,399.20
Total Points: 50,146,539.97
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Gift Giver 
Default headgear

do you guys have your own headgear? what kind?

i currently have this one,

but a coach at the gym said this one would be better,

especially since im not training to compete. just for the sport of it. what do you guys think? anyone have the one with the bar?
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 07-14-2011, 12:07 AM
SUPREME.
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Rep Power: 11 SUPREME. has a reputation beyond reputeSUPREME. has a reputation beyond reputeSUPREME. has a reputation beyond reputeSUPREME. has a reputation beyond reputeSUPREME. has a reputation beyond reputeSUPREME. has a reputation beyond reputeSUPREME. has a reputation beyond reputeSUPREME. has a reputation beyond reputeSUPREME. has a reputation beyond reputeSUPREME. has a reputation beyond reputeSUPREME. has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 432,435,066,385,882.06
Total Points: 432,435,956,514,763.94

I'd highly, highly recommend you do not buy one with a bar.

I have the Everlast Safemax headgear and I can't see ****.

The bar prevents you from seeing uppercuts and hooks. So unless you have sharpass eyes then I'd get an open face headgear so it won't hinder your vision.

Worst 100+ dollars i've ever spent.
Old 07-14-2011, 12:37 AM
raf727
Interim Champion

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Rep Power: 7 raf727 has a reputation beyond reputeraf727 has a reputation beyond reputeraf727 has a reputation beyond reputeraf727 has a reputation beyond reputeraf727 has a reputation beyond reputeraf727 has a reputation beyond reputeraf727 has a reputation beyond reputeraf727 has a reputation beyond reputeraf727 has a reputation beyond reputeraf727 has a reputation beyond reputeraf727 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 440,618,875,687.32
Total Points: 440,618,881,146.75
kick this bum - Freedom. Have a beer! - Barnburner Anyone that gets a kick me from Freedom, is ok with me. - RossCA No Message - RossCA Thanks for the green - Boxing Goat 

also one reason not to buy headgear with the bar is that it sticks out further, which actually makes it EASIER for you to get knocked out, your head is gonna move with the bar so if they catch a nice hook or uppercut on that bar it will increase the chances of hurting you

if you dont want a busted nose maybe boxing isnt your thing?
Old 07-14-2011, 01:34 AM
RurouniYume
Contender

Rep Power: 6 RurouniYume has a reputation beyond reputeRurouniYume has a reputation beyond reputeRurouniYume has a reputation beyond reputeRurouniYume has a reputation beyond reputeRurouniYume has a reputation beyond reputeRurouniYume has a reputation beyond reputeRurouniYume has a reputation beyond reputeRurouniYume has a reputation beyond reputeRurouniYume has a reputation beyond reputeRurouniYume has a reputation beyond reputeRurouniYume has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 120,338.26

Quote:
Originally Posted by raf727 View Post
also one reason not to buy headgear with the bar is that it sticks out further, which actually makes it EASIER for you to get knocked out, your head is gonna move with the bar so if they catch a nice hook or uppercut on that bar it will increase the chances of hurting you

if you dont want a busted nose maybe boxing isnt your thing?
so boxers should love getting their noses busted?
Old 07-14-2011, 01:44 AM
jjbj2
LOVES EVERYBODY

Rep Power: 14 jjbj2 has a reputation beyond reputejjbj2 has a reputation beyond reputejjbj2 has a reputation beyond reputejjbj2 has a reputation beyond reputejjbj2 has a reputation beyond reputejjbj2 has a reputation beyond reputejjbj2 has a reputation beyond reputejjbj2 has a reputation beyond reputejjbj2 has a reputation beyond reputejjbj2 has a reputation beyond reputejjbj2 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 3,125,672,992.66
Total Points: 4,205,980,364.53
(no homo) - MANIAC310 Happy to give you more ;) - rorymac A gift for the New Year - mathed 
AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - !! AI-Holmes!! Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - !! AI-Holmes!! 

I agree with the others. I hated that bar in the middle. I sparred as part of training. The guy just slapped punched (quick jabs) my face and it kept hitting the bar on the middle. It irritated the hell out of my nose, it caused some scratches, and it gave me a busted lip when the whole thing moved to my lips.

The experience is so annoying and I'm mad now. Also, the open face is a lot better because you could see better. Those slapped punches just kept hitting my face but it didn't hurt after he broke my nose. And I started doing the guard position better and it made me develop a reactive action to incoming punches which is cover up. Pressed my arm/arms on my face so instead of getting hit on the face the arm/arms would take the full force.

Sorry, but yes definitely without the bar. Also, it smells bad after a while. My nose and cheek developed rashes/pimples because of that damn headgear.
Old 07-14-2011, 02:08 AM
BG_Knocc_Out
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 54 Post(s)
Rep Power: 15 BG_Knocc_Out has a reputation beyond reputeBG_Knocc_Out has a reputation beyond reputeBG_Knocc_Out has a reputation beyond reputeBG_Knocc_Out has a reputation beyond reputeBG_Knocc_Out has a reputation beyond reputeBG_Knocc_Out has a reputation beyond reputeBG_Knocc_Out has a reputation beyond reputeBG_Knocc_Out has a reputation beyond reputeBG_Knocc_Out has a reputation beyond reputeBG_Knocc_Out has a reputation beyond reputeBG_Knocc_Out has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 1,618,586.45

I just got the Winning FG-5000. It literally is the most amazing headgear I've tried. Couldn't feel a punch, and the field of vision is better than I've ever had, which is weird because you'd think you'd be sacrificing vision by adding the bar.
Old 07-14-2011, 03:04 AM
Bullrush
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 81 Post(s)
Rep Power: 17 Bullrush has a reputation beyond reputeBullrush has a reputation beyond reputeBullrush has a reputation beyond reputeBullrush has a reputation beyond reputeBullrush has a reputation beyond reputeBullrush has a reputation beyond reputeBullrush has a reputation beyond reputeBullrush has a reputation beyond reputeBullrush has a reputation beyond reputeBullrush has a reputation beyond reputeBullrush has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 355,110,909,054.33
Total Points: 355,190,979,741.51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirt View Post
do you guys have your own headgear? what kind?

i currently have this one,

but a coach at the gym said this one would be better,

especially since im not training to compete. just for the sport of it. what do you guys think? anyone have the one with the bar?
dont get the title headgear it weighs half a ton and its bigger than an astronaut helmet

the first one (everlast) is decent for most boxers. it offers decent protection and visibility

im using winning! best headgear in the world, but also very pricey
Old 07-14-2011, 03:09 AM
Dirt
Interim Champion

Rep Power: 8 Dirt has a reputation beyond reputeDirt has a reputation beyond reputeDirt has a reputation beyond reputeDirt has a reputation beyond reputeDirt has a reputation beyond reputeDirt has a reputation beyond reputeDirt has a reputation beyond reputeDirt has a reputation beyond reputeDirt has a reputation beyond reputeDirt has a reputation beyond reputeDirt has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 89,399.20
Total Points: 50,146,539.97
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Gift Giver 

cot damn winning headgear with the bar is 370?!

yeah i'll probably just stick with the one i have now. thanks guys
Old 07-14-2011, 03:15 AM
BG_Knocc_Out
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 54 Post(s)
Rep Power: 15 BG_Knocc_Out has a reputation beyond reputeBG_Knocc_Out has a reputation beyond reputeBG_Knocc_Out has a reputation beyond reputeBG_Knocc_Out has a reputation beyond reputeBG_Knocc_Out has a reputation beyond reputeBG_Knocc_Out has a reputation beyond reputeBG_Knocc_Out has a reputation beyond reputeBG_Knocc_Out has a reputation beyond reputeBG_Knocc_Out has a reputation beyond reputeBG_Knocc_Out has a reputation beyond reputeBG_Knocc_Out has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 1,618,586.45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirt View Post
cot damn winning headgear with the bar is 370?!

yeah i'll probably just stick with the one i have now. thanks guys
Yeah, expensive as ****. Had to get mine used off ebay. $250. But I certainly don't regret it.
Old 07-14-2011, 07:24 AM
Chip2006uk
Interim Champion

Rep Power: 9 Chip2006uk has a reputation beyond reputeChip2006uk has a reputation beyond reputeChip2006uk has a reputation beyond reputeChip2006uk has a reputation beyond reputeChip2006uk has a reputation beyond reputeChip2006uk has a reputation beyond reputeChip2006uk has a reputation beyond reputeChip2006uk has a reputation beyond reputeChip2006uk has a reputation beyond reputeChip2006uk has a reputation beyond reputeChip2006uk has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 410,829,310,699.99
Total Points: 410,829,357,474.24

Any open face headguard is 10x better than other types of headguards for so many reasons.

Firstly and most importantly is the the vision....open face headguards let you see pretty much everything at every angle and makes defending much much easier. I didnt realise how much my old headguard with cheek protection was restricting my vision until I started sparring with my new open face headguard.

Secondly I probably get less marked up with a open face headguard compared to one with cheek protectors....my old headguard (with cheek protectors) would cover my cheeks obviously and everytime I got hit, the part covering my cheeks would scratch and irritate the **** out of my skin.

This is the one I have now and its the best headguard Ive ever had

Share This With Friends

Tags
headgear

User Tag List