Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Training & Nutrition
Thread Navigation

Old 07-12-2011, 09:27 AM
bblackcat
Amateur

Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 706.42
Default Protective Wear

Hi there - I'm new here and just after some advice. My son has always been interested in boxing, something I have encouraged and he is looking at joining a club.
I am happy for him to have such an interest, but obviously, as his Mum, it is my job to worry about him!! I want to get a step ahead and look at protective wear for him. What is the most important thing I should look at for him? I'm assuming it is a mouthguard/headguard?
Any help greatly received.
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 07-12-2011, 01:54 PM
MePunchHard
Up and Comer

Total Points: 10,002,340.37

A custom made mouthguard from a dentist is a good investment. Provides a lot more protection then a regular 'boil and bite' from a store it's also more comfortable and can talk and breathe better with it in.
Old 07-12-2011, 02:18 PM
BulgariasFinest
warrior

Rep Power: 5 BulgariasFinest has a reputation beyond reputeBulgariasFinest has a reputation beyond reputeBulgariasFinest has a reputation beyond reputeBulgariasFinest has a reputation beyond reputeBulgariasFinest has a reputation beyond reputeBulgariasFinest has a reputation beyond reputeBulgariasFinest has a reputation beyond reputeBulgariasFinest has a reputation beyond reputeBulgariasFinest has a reputation beyond reputeBulgariasFinest has a reputation beyond reputeBulgariasFinest has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 105,375,864,607,516.23
Total Points: 105,375,864,611,410.42
Great poster. - dancovboxer For luck - rorymac For the Sig Thanks! - Lazerjab A classy poster - led Here's one right back for having the balls to try and understand that stupid bitch!! - Pretty Boy1 
you deserve more of these - Alx. Merry Christmas to you and yours bro! - jose830 Happy new year to you too :D - Terrel anytime bro! cheers!!! - jose830 . - PAC-BOY 
Glad you agree with me thanks for the rep - hectari 

Talk to the trainer first. He will be learning technique and form way before he is in any need for headgear. As I said earlier though, talk to the trainer about it. He will know best.
Best of luck, Its nice to have a little recruit in boxing.
Old 07-12-2011, 02:54 PM
jjbj2
LOVES EVERYBODY

Rep Power: 11 jjbj2 has a reputation beyond reputejjbj2 has a reputation beyond reputejjbj2 has a reputation beyond reputejjbj2 has a reputation beyond reputejjbj2 has a reputation beyond reputejjbj2 has a reputation beyond reputejjbj2 has a reputation beyond reputejjbj2 has a reputation beyond reputejjbj2 has a reputation beyond reputejjbj2 has a reputation beyond reputejjbj2 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 558,121,299.78
Total Points: 1,458,424,055.53
(no homo) - MANIAC310 Happy to give you more ;) - rorymac 
AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - !! AI-Holmes!! Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - !! AI-Holmes!! 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BulgariasFinest View Post
Talk to the trainer first. He will be learning technique and form way before he is in any need for headgear. As I said earlier though, talk to the trainer about it. He will know best.
Best of luck, Its nice to have a little recruit in boxing.
Definitely this is a good advice.

The trainer will know best what the boy will need. He might not even need one if the gym is that well equipped too. So good luck to the mother and son. Definitely go see the trainer first because he might even let the kid try on some gear just to get the right sizes.
Old 08-03-2011, 02:59 PM
bblackcat
Amateur

Total Points: 706.42

Thank you for your advice/help. He is really enjoying himself and getting a lot out of his new hobby. He even seems to have grown in confidence!

I took your advice and spoke to the trainer. He said he would need a head guard in time, but it is not necessary so early on. I did however go ahead and buy a gum shield. I was advised against boil & bite and I came accross Piranha Guard (google - PIRANHA GUARD if anyone is interested). Brilliant quality product and great service, can't fault them. They also provided me with a discount code - PIRAN10 - if anyone wants to get a new gum shield.

Thanks again for your help, I'm sure I'll be back with more mother type questions!