Boxing Forum
  Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade
Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Non Boxing Talk > Boxing Scene Lounge
Register Blogs Chat Arcade Groups Mark Forums Read

Old 07-10-2011, 04:03 PM
iPhoneKiller
Banned

Rep Power: 0 iPhoneKiller has a reputation beyond reputeiPhoneKiller has a reputation beyond reputeiPhoneKiller has a reputation beyond reputeiPhoneKiller has a reputation beyond reputeiPhoneKiller has a reputation beyond reputeiPhoneKiller has a reputation beyond reputeiPhoneKiller has a reputation beyond reputeiPhoneKiller has a reputation beyond reputeiPhoneKiller has a reputation beyond reputeiPhoneKiller has a reputation beyond reputeiPhoneKiller has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 11,424,280,287.68
Total Points: 11,716,239,236.69

This is why Americans are fat, you can't grow vegetables or you go prison to get raped (Diverse people who rape you which is good I guess) but they want you to go Mcdonalds.
Old 07-10-2011, 04:27 PM
squealpiggy
Stritctly UG's friend

Rep Power: 213 squealpiggy has a reputation beyond reputesquealpiggy has a reputation beyond reputesquealpiggy has a reputation beyond reputesquealpiggy has a reputation beyond reputesquealpiggy has a reputation beyond reputesquealpiggy has a reputation beyond reputesquealpiggy has a reputation beyond reputesquealpiggy has a reputation beyond reputesquealpiggy has a reputation beyond reputesquealpiggy has a reputation beyond reputesquealpiggy has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1.70
Total Points: 2,140,326,048,861.94
Good poster and a good guy, from Gmitchell - GMitchell f.aggot - Mizzou Super Piggy. - ABOSWORTH Good shit - mangler jr use it when you are too old to get a man - Carnivore 
The Demon-Haunted World - TheJoker take a break!!, lest you break! - Geze squealpiggy is in love with a f@ggot, lol, nyahahaha squealpiggy told me this, lol, nyahahahaha - Tha_Greatest you obliverated zizou homie, good win in your thunderdome resume, lol, nyahahahahaha - Tha_Greatest Eve says have a bite, its delicious.......... - bearman3000 
ATG Poster - Rich Loc Jr. Merry Christmas - Flab ...and a Happy New Year! - Flab zombies are not the threat, it's people, well done - Mike Tyson77 Happy holidays bro! - led* 
sometimes I agree with you sometimes I don't but nevertheless I enjoy reading all your post! :fing02: - jose830 Very informative. - Barnburner you're a queer - Weltschmerz One of the worst posters - Weltschmerz Funny poster, deserves a medal - jas 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - ЯiZО Autism - Nemisis Eating Disorders - Esophageal Cancer - Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease - Irritable Bowel Syndrome - Pulmonary Hypertension - Mangler Jewnior Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Loccy Gay and Lesbian Pride - Freedom Fighter 
Cultural Diversity - Hunger - Leukemia - Lupus - Melanoma - Racial Tolerance - Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome - Self Injury - ƒallenloki Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - ƒallenloki World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -jose- AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - jas 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gremlin. View Post
A vegetable garden though? Really? I don't see how that's an obstruction in the neighborhood.
I didn't write the code.
Old 07-10-2011, 05:25 PM
Nuurzhaelan
Anathema

Rep Power: 13 Nuurzhaelan has a reputation beyond reputeNuurzhaelan has a reputation beyond reputeNuurzhaelan has a reputation beyond reputeNuurzhaelan has a reputation beyond reputeNuurzhaelan has a reputation beyond reputeNuurzhaelan has a reputation beyond reputeNuurzhaelan has a reputation beyond reputeNuurzhaelan has a reputation beyond reputeNuurzhaelan has a reputation beyond reputeNuurzhaelan has a reputation beyond reputeNuurzhaelan has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 358,412,750.43
Total Points: 383,434,810.57
Great poster and NSB member! - jazluvr449 you're a top quality poster - Carnivore 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - jazluvr449 

Quote:
Originally Posted by squealpiggy View Post
Because she replanted a garden in a wacky way
That is subjective.

Quote:
and this resulted in the neighbours complaining to the city. The city agreed that this garden did not fit in with code, code which is put there to keep everybody relatively happy and to maintain everyone's property values. The city asked her to change the garden to conform with the expectations of the neighbourhood and advised that vegetable gardens are permissable in back yards but not front yards, she refused to move them. They wrote a citation and she refused to pay it. They summonsed her to court to have her case decided as a result of a refusal to accede to the demands of the city or pay the fine and she demanded to have to most time consuming, disruptive and expensive method of having her case decided. As a result of HER CHOOSING a jury trial the potential penalties increase exponentially.
I get that and I probably would have heeded the first warning myself, but I do think that this enters the realm of over regulation. I would have thought that the garden could have attracted vermin giving the city a fair reason to disallow it. But as gardens are allowed in the rear of the property, I think the neighbors and city are overly invested in their vision and not personal liberties. I have never supported laws that regulated against personal taste. I think that is absurd.

Quote:
She's a total idiot. Does she think that because it's a jury trial they're going to be ruling over whether or not planting vegetables at the front of the house is right or just? They are going to be deciding whether or not her vegetable garden is "suitable" for a front garden in her neighbourhood and they'll be pushing for a maximum penalty because she's deliberately being a pain in the ass about it.
Unfair laws should be challenged. It's a silly law. An institution that defends laws because they're laws should signal the population that there is too much bureaucracy. She's neither encroaching on anyone's rights, privileges nor putting anyone at risk of physical harm. At worst she's doing nothing more than altering the look of her property...HER property. Property values are only relevant to those buying and selling (and for tax purposes). I don't understand their (the neighbors) *****, unless it's because they have an axe to grind. As for the city, the aristocrats at city hall are probably vexed that someone had the temerity to challenge a silly law.
Old 07-10-2011, 05:28 PM
FastForward
Banned

Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 22,074.20

Quote:
I didn't write the code.
What if the law said jews had to wear a star of david so they could be identified easly like during nazi germany. Would you agree with that as well?
Old 07-10-2011, 08:53 PM
AL YANKAB*TCH
YANKIN' HOES SINCE 1984

Rep Power: 19 AL YANKAB*TCH has a reputation beyond reputeAL YANKAB*TCH has a reputation beyond reputeAL YANKAB*TCH has a reputation beyond reputeAL YANKAB*TCH has a reputation beyond reputeAL YANKAB*TCH has a reputation beyond reputeAL YANKAB*TCH has a reputation beyond reputeAL YANKAB*TCH has a reputation beyond reputeAL YANKAB*TCH has a reputation beyond reputeAL YANKAB*TCH has a reputation beyond reputeAL YANKAB*TCH has a reputation beyond reputeAL YANKAB*TCH has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 90,502,564,183,054.31
Total Points: 90,502,587,224,240.02
here's a light beer. you're getting a little chubby - AL YANKAB*TCH i meant to send this to you and sent it to myself..lol - AL YANKAB*TCH cheers AL - sweetpea87 cheers man - chiguy91 Have a beer - ??? 
have some beer bro - Talisayen egt - D.I.E.S.E.L thank you for thanking me...lol. - jazluvr Have a medal! - komodo No Message - eddie_monster 
gift - MANGLER here's a gift.. - chiguy91 Happy holdays bro! - led merry x-mas! - chiguy91 Happy Holidays.. - !! AI-Holmes!! 
back atcha bro! - jazluvr Happy New Year - Freedom. Some wine for ya homie - arraamis Have a cafe latte - eddie_monster Happy holidays bro! - led* 
AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - ??? Cultural Diversity - Hunger - Leukemia - Lupus - Melanoma - Racial Tolerance - Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome - Self Injury - chiguy91 Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - MANGLER 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuurzhaelan View Post
That is subjective.

I get that and I probably would have heeded the first warning myself, but I do think that this enters the realm of over regulation. I would have thought that the garden could have attracted vermin giving the city a fair reason to disallow it. But as gardens are allowed in the rear of the property, I think the neighbors and city are overly invested in their vision and not personal liberties. I have never supported laws that regulated against personal taste. I think that is absurd.

Unfair laws should be challenged. It's a silly law. An institution that defends laws because they're laws should signal the population that there is too much bureaucracy. She's neither encroaching on anyone's rights, privileges nor putting anyone at risk of physical harm. At worst she's doing nothing more than altering the look of her property...HER property. Property values are only relevant to those buying and selling (and for tax purposes). I don't understand their (the neighbors) *****, unless it's because they have an axe to grind. As for the city, the aristocrats at city hall are probably vexed that someone had the temerity to challenge a silly law.

very well said..
Old 07-10-2011, 08:55 PM
squealpiggy
Stritctly UG's friend

Rep Power: 213 squealpiggy has a reputation beyond reputesquealpiggy has a reputation beyond reputesquealpiggy has a reputation beyond reputesquealpiggy has a reputation beyond reputesquealpiggy has a reputation beyond reputesquealpiggy has a reputation beyond reputesquealpiggy has a reputation beyond reputesquealpiggy has a reputation beyond reputesquealpiggy has a reputation beyond reputesquealpiggy has a reputation beyond reputesquealpiggy has a reputation beyond repute
Good poster and a good guy, from Gmitchell - GMitchell f.aggot - Mizzou Super Piggy. - ABOSWORTH Good shit - mangler jr use it when you are too old to get a man - Carnivore 
The Demon-Haunted World - TheJoker take a break!!, lest you break! - Geze squealpiggy is in love with a f@ggot, lol, nyahahaha squealpiggy told me this, lol, nyahahahaha - Tha_Greatest you obliverated zizou homie, good win in your thunderdome resume, lol, nyahahahahaha - Tha_Greatest Eve says have a bite, its delicious.......... - bearman3000 
ATG Poster - Rich Loc Jr. Merry Christmas - Flab ...and a Happy New Year! - Flab zombies are not the threat, it's people, well done - Mike Tyson77 Happy holidays bro! - led* 
sometimes I agree with you sometimes I don't but nevertheless I enjoy reading all your post! :fing02: - jose830 Very informative. - Barnburner you're a queer - Weltschmerz One of the worst posters - Weltschmerz Funny poster, deserves a medal - jas 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - ЯiZО Autism - Nemisis Eating Disorders - Esophageal Cancer - Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease - Irritable Bowel Syndrome - Pulmonary Hypertension - Mangler Jewnior Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Loccy Gay and Lesbian Pride - Freedom Fighter 
Cultural Diversity - Hunger - Leukemia - Lupus - Melanoma - Racial Tolerance - Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome - Self Injury - ƒallenloki Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - ƒallenloki World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -jose- AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - jas 

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastForward View Post
What if the law said jews had to wear a star of david so they could be identified easly like during nazi germany. Would you agree with that as well?
Well that's irrelevant because the law doesn't say that and this concept is not a part of this discussion.
Old 07-10-2011, 08:58 PM
squealpiggy
Stritctly UG's friend

Quote:
As for the city, the aristocrats at city hall are probably vexed that someone had the temerity to challenge a silly law.
Well the city were responding to a complaint and are enforcing a bylaw as a result. She decided to turn a local city bylaw into an example of massive injustice by demanding for no reason a jury trial.
Old 07-10-2011, 09:00 PM
Spray_resistant
Probably Top 10 In my Era

Rep Power: 107 Spray_resistant has a reputation beyond reputeSpray_resistant has a reputation beyond reputeSpray_resistant has a reputation beyond reputeSpray_resistant has a reputation beyond reputeSpray_resistant has a reputation beyond reputeSpray_resistant has a reputation beyond reputeSpray_resistant has a reputation beyond reputeSpray_resistant has a reputation beyond reputeSpray_resistant has a reputation beyond reputeSpray_resistant has a reputation beyond reputeSpray_resistant has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 19,843,964,346.43
Total Points: 6,031,000,563,939.29
No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest 
No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest for you and vanity to use - Hi-Dro 
Whoreville Appreciation Award - Jack Napier for a friend - xi! one of boxingscene's best posters - Freedom. Happy Holidays to you are your gorgeous missus. x x x - *Boss Lady* Happy New Year - Freedom. 
No Message - Tha_Greatest Blue parallelogram 4 u sir - Russian Crushin Merry Christmas and Happy New Year - Freedom. Happy holidays bro! - led* valuable addition to the training forum - jas 
Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - -Kev- Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - -Kev- Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - -Kev- Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - -Kev- Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - -Kev- 
Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - -Kev- Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - -Kev- Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - -Kev- Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - -Kev- Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - -Kev- 
Send a message via AIM to Spray_resistant

Quote:
Well the city were responding to a complaint and are enforcing a bylaw as a result. She decided to turn a local city bylaw into an example of massive injustice by demanding for no reason a jury trial.
Maybe she did it just to be a cunt as they are I think you can admit acting like cunts themselves about something that is not a big deal really when the city should have just let it go regardless of the needless law on the books.
Old 07-10-2011, 11:14 PM
squealpiggy
Stritctly UG's friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spray_resistant View Post
Maybe she did it just to be a cunt as they are I think you can admit acting like cunts themselves about something that is not a big deal really when the city should have just let it go regardless of the needless law on the books.
It's not really "needless" as her garden has produced complaints. If people in the neighbourhood do not want vegetable gardens in front gardens then a bylaw prohibiting vegetable gardens in front gardens is not needless.

It's like parking. Parking cars in areas where they don't cause a hazard is annoying to some people, hence there are parking bylaws.
Old 07-10-2011, 11:30 PM
Nuurzhaelan
Anathema

Rep Power: 13 Nuurzhaelan has a reputation beyond reputeNuurzhaelan has a reputation beyond reputeNuurzhaelan has a reputation beyond reputeNuurzhaelan has a reputation beyond reputeNuurzhaelan has a reputation beyond reputeNuurzhaelan has a reputation beyond reputeNuurzhaelan has a reputation beyond reputeNuurzhaelan has a reputation beyond reputeNuurzhaelan has a reputation beyond reputeNuurzhaelan has a reputation beyond reputeNuurzhaelan has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 358,412,750.43
Total Points: 383,434,810.57
Great poster and NSB member! - jazluvr449 you're a top quality poster - Carnivore 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - jazluvr449 

Quote:
It's not really "needless" as her garden has produced complaints. If people in the neighbourhood do not want vegetable gardens in front gardens then a bylaw prohibiting vegetable gardens in front gardens is not needless.
It is needless because those are petty, perhaps even vindictive complaints. Laws should serve the common good, not the common taste.

If I elect to wear plaid with spots, I'll be goddamned if someone is going to stop me because it is unsightly.