Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Training & Nutrition
Thread Navigation

Old 07-08-2011, 08:50 PM
RurouniYume
Contender

Rep Power: 4 RurouniYume has a reputation beyond reputeRurouniYume has a reputation beyond reputeRurouniYume has a reputation beyond reputeRurouniYume has a reputation beyond reputeRurouniYume has a reputation beyond reputeRurouniYume has a reputation beyond reputeRurouniYume has a reputation beyond reputeRurouniYume has a reputation beyond reputeRurouniYume has a reputation beyond reputeRurouniYume has a reputation beyond reputeRurouniYume has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 116,549.26
Default What threshold of fitness should you have before you step in the ring?

I've been doing the normal training routine at my boxing gym for about 2 months now and I was pretty athletic going in, at least more than the average person. I can talk to my coach about sparring anytime but I want to know what level of fitness I should have before I even try. Thoughts?
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 07-08-2011, 10:48 PM
KeepOnPushing
Contender

Rep Power: 4 KeepOnPushing has much to be proud ofKeepOnPushing has much to be proud ofKeepOnPushing has much to be proud ofKeepOnPushing has much to be proud ofKeepOnPushing has much to be proud ofKeepOnPushing has much to be proud ofKeepOnPushing has much to be proud ofKeepOnPushing has much to be proud ofKeepOnPushing has much to be proud of
Bank: 36,213,095.69
Total Points: 37,257,125.89

Can u explain a little more , im not really sure what you're quite trying to ask.
Old 07-08-2011, 10:50 PM
SUPREME.
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 7 SUPREME. has a reputation beyond reputeSUPREME. has a reputation beyond reputeSUPREME. has a reputation beyond reputeSUPREME. has a reputation beyond reputeSUPREME. has a reputation beyond reputeSUPREME. has a reputation beyond reputeSUPREME. has a reputation beyond reputeSUPREME. has a reputation beyond reputeSUPREME. has a reputation beyond reputeSUPREME. has a reputation beyond reputeSUPREME. has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 4,639,611,010,367.33
Total Points: 4,640,501,095,919.90

You should be able to sprint 50 yards back and forth for 3 minutes straight and a very high pace. 30 seconds rest, then start again. Do this 4 times or more.

If you ever have one thought about quitting then you aren't ready yet.
Old 07-08-2011, 11:29 PM
StrongLikeBear
Up and Comer

Total Points: 1,931.28

The only way to become ready is to do it. The first time is going to suck and so will the next few. You get ready to spar by sparring.

You'll gas out at first no matter what kind of shape you're in, it's more of a pacing thing than a fitness thing.
Old 07-09-2011, 01:03 AM
RurouniYume
Contender

Rep Power: 4 RurouniYume has a reputation beyond reputeRurouniYume has a reputation beyond reputeRurouniYume has a reputation beyond reputeRurouniYume has a reputation beyond reputeRurouniYume has a reputation beyond reputeRurouniYume has a reputation beyond reputeRurouniYume has a reputation beyond reputeRurouniYume has a reputation beyond reputeRurouniYume has a reputation beyond reputeRurouniYume has a reputation beyond reputeRurouniYume has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeepOnPushing View Post
Can u explain a little more , im not really sure what you're quite trying to ask.
too put it simply, when is one ready to spar?
Quote:
Originally Posted by SUPREME. View Post
You should be able to sprint 50 yards back and forth for 3 minutes straight and a very high pace. 30 seconds rest, then start again. Do this 4 times or more.

If you ever have one thought about quitting then you aren't ready yet.
Ive done sprint training, not exactly like that but I think I can handle that. Thanks for the input. Im in Vacaville btw

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrongLikeBear View Post
The only way to become ready is to do it. The first time is going to suck and so will the next few. You get ready to spar by sparring.

You'll gas out at first no matter what kind of shape you're in, it's more of a pacing thing than a fitness thing.
okay, thanks for contributing
Old 07-09-2011, 01:11 AM
F l i c k e r
Gunslinger

Rep Power: 45 F l i c k e r has a reputation beyond reputeF l i c k e r has a reputation beyond reputeF l i c k e r has a reputation beyond reputeF l i c k e r has a reputation beyond reputeF l i c k e r has a reputation beyond reputeF l i c k e r has a reputation beyond reputeF l i c k e r has a reputation beyond reputeF l i c k e r has a reputation beyond reputeF l i c k e r has a reputation beyond reputeF l i c k e r has a reputation beyond reputeF l i c k e r has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 35,260,940,885,113.05
Total Points: 35,260,940,999,795.61
Have one on me brotha. - Move BRICKS Cool cat, good poster - mangler cocktail hour - MANGLER Viva Antonio Margarito!!! - Jack Ruby more drank - MANGLER 
BURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR! Benny rocks! - Bloody$Nate$ good to have people like you on this forum - BoZz Merry Christmas - Flab Merry Christmas :] - dj emzz Happy holidays bro! - led 
Happy Easter :D  :kiss: - Bossy i like your avatar - zab191 Cheers, to huge titties. - Very Rich Man Happy 15k posts darling! :kiss: - Bossy Happy birthday babe! I hope you have a wonderful day. love and kisses :kiss: - Bossy 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - MANGLER Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - MANGLER 

Go to youtube, search "charlie zelenoff". That should tell you everything you need to know.
Old 07-09-2011, 02:01 AM
BrananaRepublic
Up and Comer

Rep Power: 4 BrananaRepublic has a reputation beyond reputeBrananaRepublic has a reputation beyond reputeBrananaRepublic has a reputation beyond reputeBrananaRepublic has a reputation beyond reputeBrananaRepublic has a reputation beyond reputeBrananaRepublic has a reputation beyond reputeBrananaRepublic has a reputation beyond reputeBrananaRepublic has a reputation beyond reputeBrananaRepublic has a reputation beyond reputeBrananaRepublic has a reputation beyond reputeBrananaRepublic has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 19,143.61

Quote:
Originally Posted by F l i c k e r View Post
Go to youtube, search "charlie zelenoff". That should tell you everything you need to know.
Hey pal
Old 07-09-2011, 02:08 AM
RurouniYume
Contender

Quote:
Originally Posted by F l i c k e r View Post
lol what the hell
Old 07-09-2011, 03:30 AM
johncods
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 26 johncods has a reputation beyond reputejohncods has a reputation beyond reputejohncods has a reputation beyond reputejohncods has a reputation beyond reputejohncods has a reputation beyond reputejohncods has a reputation beyond reputejohncods has a reputation beyond reputejohncods has a reputation beyond reputejohncods has a reputation beyond reputejohncods has a reputation beyond reputejohncods has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 5,611,489,859.41
Total Points: 5,751,876,906.26
super poster, great to see some honesty. - dancovboxer 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Gift Giver 

You will gas out after 1 or 2 rounds of hard sparring no matter how in shape you are if it's your first time. It's different hitting the pads, bags, running than really doing it and you have a guy infront of you hitting you back.

I almost collapsed after two rounds during my 1st sparring and the next ones weren't that much different until you really get used to it and you can relax more.
Old 07-10-2011, 06:55 PM
javysouthpaw
Contender

Rep Power: 5 javysouthpaw will become famous soon enoughjavysouthpaw will become famous soon enough
Total Points: 20,385.88

It's all about being relaxed. Just being tight and avoiding punches will gas you but when you learn to calm down and roll your shoulders instead of jumping around it will be much easier.