Outrunning a Boxer? - Boxing Forum
  Trending Topics  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Training & Nutrition
Thread Navigation

Old 12-21-2004, 11:45 PM
knuckz
Up and Comer

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Rep Power: 18 knuckz has a reputation beyond reputeknuckz has a reputation beyond reputeknuckz has a reputation beyond reputeknuckz has a reputation beyond reputeknuckz has a reputation beyond reputeknuckz has a reputation beyond reputeknuckz has a reputation beyond reputeknuckz has a reputation beyond reputeknuckz has a reputation beyond reputeknuckz has a reputation beyond reputeknuckz has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 21,339.00
Default Outrunning a Boxer?

I've been wondering how some fighthers would actually outrun their opponent or to make them stop running around the ring? My coach says hes going to make me spar with another opponent in my gym, but I noticed hes fast,runs around the ring, and throws lots of flurrys to the body of his opponents. Any advice on how to try and outrun this boxer?
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 12-22-2004, 12:53 AM
Dyl-G
Main Daime

Rep Power: 20 Dyl-G has a reputation beyond reputeDyl-G has a reputation beyond reputeDyl-G has a reputation beyond reputeDyl-G has a reputation beyond reputeDyl-G has a reputation beyond reputeDyl-G has a reputation beyond reputeDyl-G has a reputation beyond reputeDyl-G has a reputation beyond reputeDyl-G has a reputation beyond reputeDyl-G has a reputation beyond reputeDyl-G has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 30,000,096,327.15

dont try and out run, for this kind of fighter you really have to cut off the ring, whenever hes moving keep on him and try to get him in the corners or against the ropes, this way you will save energy and he will lose it when you get him cornered throw flurrys at him. CUT OFF THE RING REMEMBER THAT!!!! GET HIM CORNERED!!!!! STAY ONE STEP AHEAD OF HIM!!!!!
Old 12-22-2004, 12:56 AM
knuckz
Up and Comer

Rep Power: 18 knuckz has a reputation beyond reputeknuckz has a reputation beyond reputeknuckz has a reputation beyond reputeknuckz has a reputation beyond reputeknuckz has a reputation beyond reputeknuckz has a reputation beyond reputeknuckz has a reputation beyond reputeknuckz has a reputation beyond reputeknuckz has a reputation beyond reputeknuckz has a reputation beyond reputeknuckz has a reputation beyond repute

thanks for the advice sir, any other advice is useful.

PS. i dont think he will go hard on me he has 4 years experience and i have 1month.coach just sending me to spar with him.maybe hell take it easy on me.
Old 12-22-2004, 01:22 AM
Dyl-G
Main Daime

Rep Power: 20 Dyl-G has a reputation beyond reputeDyl-G has a reputation beyond reputeDyl-G has a reputation beyond reputeDyl-G has a reputation beyond reputeDyl-G has a reputation beyond reputeDyl-G has a reputation beyond reputeDyl-G has a reputation beyond reputeDyl-G has a reputation beyond reputeDyl-G has a reputation beyond reputeDyl-G has a reputation beyond reputeDyl-G has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 30,000,096,327.15

maybe, but the point of the excersise could to just toughen you up, trust me i learned to never underestimate your opponent.
Old 12-22-2004, 02:35 AM
knuckz
Up and Comer

yes good point. Ill still try to do the advice you gaved me.thanks alot.
Old 12-22-2004, 11:53 PM
cms
Contender

Rep Power: 32 cms has a reputation beyond reputecms has a reputation beyond reputecms has a reputation beyond reputecms has a reputation beyond reputecms has a reputation beyond reputecms has a reputation beyond reputecms has a reputation beyond reputecms has a reputation beyond reputecms has a reputation beyond reputecms has a reputation beyond reputecms has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 26,209.00

i maybe could give u advice but i need to know if hes bigger or smaller then u like by height and weight
Old 12-23-2004, 06:12 AM
leff
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 45 leff has a reputation beyond reputeleff has a reputation beyond reputeleff has a reputation beyond reputeleff has a reputation beyond reputeleff has a reputation beyond reputeleff has a reputation beyond reputeleff has a reputation beyond reputeleff has a reputation beyond reputeleff has a reputation beyond reputeleff has a reputation beyond reputeleff has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 1,089,265.86
Send a message via MSN to leff

Quote:
Originally Posted by knuckz
I've been wondering how some fighthers would actually outrun their opponent or to make them stop running around the ring? My coach says hes going to make me spar with another opponent in my gym, but I noticed hes fast,runs around the ring, and throws lots of flurrys to the body of his opponents. Any advice on how to try and outrun this boxer?
Listen if he has 4 years experience and you a month than he will beat you upp bad if he wants to, and if he do go light on you (and every decent guy should).

You should try different things and see what works best on him.
If runs around you must cut off the ring like dyl-g said.

By the way it will be easier to help if you give your height,weight,reach and age.
Old 12-23-2004, 05:49 PM
cms
Contender

Rep Power: 32 cms has a reputation beyond reputecms has a reputation beyond reputecms has a reputation beyond reputecms has a reputation beyond reputecms has a reputation beyond reputecms has a reputation beyond reputecms has a reputation beyond reputecms has a reputation beyond reputecms has a reputation beyond reputecms has a reputation beyond reputecms has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by leff
Listen if he has 4 years experience and you a month than he will beat you upp bad if he wants to, and if he do go light on you (and every decent guy should).

You should try different things and see what works best on him.
If runs around you must cut off the ring like dyl-g said.

By the way it will be easier to help if you give your height,weight,reach and age.
yes it would be easier to give us ur height weight reach and age , and your oppenents as well
Old 12-25-2004, 07:31 PM
knuckz
Up and Comer

Sorry that i havent responded lately been off for a couple of days. Heres some info on me and my opponent
weight:145/120 or 130
height: both same height
Old 12-25-2004, 10:56 PM
cms
Contender

Quote:
Originally Posted by knuckz
Sorry that i havent responded lately been off for a couple of days. Heres some info on me and my opponent
weight:145/120 or 130
height: both same height
do u hit harder?

Share This With Friends

User Tag List