Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing
View Poll Results: Khan vs. Ortiz - Which of these two Pacquiao sparring partner would win?
Amir Khan. He is the better Pacquiao sparring partner. 27 60.00%
Victor Ortiz. He is the better Pacquiao sparring partner. 18 40.00%
Voters: 45. You may not vote on this poll

Thread Navigation

Old 07-06-2011, 12:12 PM
iPhoneKiller
Banned

Rep Power: 0 iPhoneKiller has a reputation beyond reputeiPhoneKiller has a reputation beyond reputeiPhoneKiller has a reputation beyond reputeiPhoneKiller has a reputation beyond reputeiPhoneKiller has a reputation beyond reputeiPhoneKiller has a reputation beyond reputeiPhoneKiller has a reputation beyond reputeiPhoneKiller has a reputation beyond reputeiPhoneKiller has a reputation beyond reputeiPhoneKiller has a reputation beyond reputeiPhoneKiller has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 11,424,280,287.68
Total Points: 11,716,240,132.69

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuauhtémoc1502 View Post
I disagree, he showed an amazing chin in not only the Berto fight but the Maidana fight as well. Remember he wasn't KO'd by Maidana, he quit, big difference. I never saw him seriously hurt in that fight either.

I know people will bring up the Maidana fight for the rest of this kids life but to make the assumption that he doesn't like to get hit from 1 fight is stupid.

Ortiz got hit with Berto's best shot and got up to knock him down. He showed great heart and determination and I think the best thing that could have happened to him as a fighter is to have lost to Maidana and drew against Peterson. He learned a lot of lessons those fights and we saw a completely different fighter in him against Berto.

I know people now discredit Bert but the truth is Berto is a good fighter and has a hell of a punch. I don't think many guys get up from that right hand that landed and dropped Ortiz.
I never rated Berto from day one and have always said his footwork is incredibly poor, thus I felt he lost the Collazo fight who I think is on Hatton's level. Berto looks big, but I also never rated his power since Unrago VS Alexander.

Berto has been fed low level fighters, and I always ****ted on him for big paydays agaisnt no bodies.

I agree Ortiz did very well to get that fight and win it, but what I don't agree with is judging this fight ALONE and basing it as why Khan will lose.

Berto and Khan do not fight like each other.

You have to look at weaknesses of the fighters and see if they still have them. Perhaps Ortiz has learnt to stay up and not give up, but he was hurt by Maidana for sure. He did quit, but he was hurt as well. Not badly, but they were more than flash KD's.

I believe it did him good because he took things seriously. However he showed another type of weakness VS Peterson, one where he had no hugner or the 'Eye of the Tiger'. Peterson was hurt badly, but came back, Ortiz should have KO'd him. Ortiz wasn't even that upset after the decision.

That showed me his mentality, he is not a fighter or winner. By winner, I mean he is not a sore loser, he should have been pissed with a draw. The KD's made it his favour! In many interviews he seems goofy, like a child.

The Berto fight was great to boost Ortiz's career no doubt though. Ortiz would be the favourite at 147, but Khan still can improve and let's see what he has learnt for Judah. Ortiz would have a lot of trouble with Khan's speed, accuracy, jab, and hit and run style. Khan will have trouble with Ortiz's weight, strength, south paw stance and power.
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 07-06-2011, 12:29 PM
-Lowkey-
Winter is coming

Rep Power: 14 -Lowkey- has a reputation beyond repute-Lowkey- has a reputation beyond repute-Lowkey- has a reputation beyond repute-Lowkey- has a reputation beyond repute-Lowkey- has a reputation beyond repute-Lowkey- has a reputation beyond repute-Lowkey- has a reputation beyond repute-Lowkey- has a reputation beyond repute-Lowkey- has a reputation beyond repute-Lowkey- has a reputation beyond repute-Lowkey- has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 2,027,903,771,789.78
Total Points: 2,028,010,849,587.30
:) - Bossy Hidden treasures of the Dothraki - Terrel 

Tough fight to call if it goes the distance I can’t see how Ortiz could outbox Khan, there is also a possibility that Khan could stop Ortiz. So basically it’s either Ortiz via K.O or Khan via U.D with a possibility of a late stoppage.

At 140 Khan U.D/Late stoppage

At 147 (decent possibility of a K.O win for Ortiz) but id like to see Khan in action at the weight to make a strong prediction.
Old 07-06-2011, 12:58 PM
Cuauhtémoc1520
Head Mexican in Charge

Rep Power: 127 Cuauhtémoc1520 has a reputation beyond reputeCuauhtémoc1520 has a reputation beyond reputeCuauhtémoc1520 has a reputation beyond reputeCuauhtémoc1520 has a reputation beyond reputeCuauhtémoc1520 has a reputation beyond reputeCuauhtémoc1520 has a reputation beyond reputeCuauhtémoc1520 has a reputation beyond reputeCuauhtémoc1520 has a reputation beyond reputeCuauhtémoc1520 has a reputation beyond reputeCuauhtémoc1520 has a reputation beyond reputeCuauhtémoc1520 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,447,224,601,866,395.50
Total Points: 1,447,224,601,891,521.50
Feliz Navidad - El Mustang Have one on me, friend. - Grand Champ Great taste in women - Unknown Champ Legendary poster - Cleto_Reyes please fukk off,..........now take care, your homie in real life, god bless you you bitcch azz, lol, truly your freind, lol, tha greatest - Tha_Greatest 
Here's a beer from Bulgaria - BulgariasFinest Great posts, intelligent poster! Always great reading your stuff :) - Bossy No Message - Freelancer One of the best poster's - arraamis One of the best posters in the 'Scene - ELHURACAN58 
damn homie i missed your 19000 post congrats!    you one the best posters here! - jose830 happy birthday coach! - HUGH JASS Birthday beer, cheers! - MELLY-MEL... i posted &quot;las mañanitas&quot; on the thread before you mention it but took it down thinking it was to gay :lol1: happy birthday bro! - jose830 happy bday - -Mustang- 
Happy bday grandpa! - led* One of Boxingscene's finest! - CubanGuyNYC Cuauhtémoc1520 Knows Boxing! - LoadedWraps P4P, a top poster/knowledgeable - SlySlickSmooth May you never stop spreading your knowledge. - BattlingNelson 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - Cuauhtémoc 1502 Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - Cuauhtémoc 1502 Gay and Lesbian Pride - The Underboss World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - jose830 Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - TBear 
Childhood Cancer - TBear Childhood Cancer - TBear World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - TBear Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - TBear Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - TBear 
World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - jose830 Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - -jose- World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -jose- Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - -jose- 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElderlyBeater View Post
I never rated Berto from day one and have always said his footwork is incredibly poor, thus I felt he lost the Collazo fight who I think is on Hatton's level. Berto looks big, but I also never rated his power since Unrago VS Alexander.

Berto has been fed low level fighters, and I always ****ted on him for big paydays agaisnt no bodies.

I agree Ortiz did very well to get that fight and win it, but what I don't agree with is judging this fight ALONE and basing it as why Khan will lose.

Berto and Khan do not fight like each other.

You have to look at weaknesses of the fighters and see if they still have them. Perhaps Ortiz has learnt to stay up and not give up, but he was hurt by Maidana for sure. He did quit, but he was hurt as well. Not badly, but they were more than flash KD's.

I believe it did him good because he took things seriously. However he showed another type of weakness VS Peterson, one where he had no hugner or the 'Eye of the Tiger'. Peterson was hurt badly, but came back, Ortiz should have KO'd him. Ortiz wasn't even that upset after the decision.

That showed me his mentality, he is not a fighter or winner. By winner, I mean he is not a sore loser, he should have been pissed with a draw. The KD's made it his favour! In many interviews he seems goofy, like a child.

The Berto fight was great to boost Ortiz's career no doubt though. Ortiz would be the favourite at 147, but Khan still can improve and let's see what he has learnt for Judah. Ortiz would have a lot of trouble with Khan's speed, accuracy, jab, and hit and run style. Khan will have trouble with Ortiz's weight, strength, south paw stance and power.
I think we are on the same page I just feel as though because of his loss to Maidana and his draw vs Peterson, people are making rash judgments on the kid.

Ortiz is still young, he learned a tough lesson with Maidana and Peterson and I feel he came out the better fighter. Remember, he was steam rolling dudes on his way to those fights so Ortiz never knew adversity at all.

Most fighter crumble in the face of it, Ortiz came back in the biggest way against what was then the favorite to beat him in Berto. I know everyone thinks Berto is a bum now but he showed me a lot in that fight.

I also think Ortiz would have some initial trouble with Khans speed and length but it's not like Ortiz isn't fast himself and I think in the end, Ortiz strength and ability to fight on the inside and land that very fast left hand would be the difference.

If they ever fight, I will take Ortiz and we can make a bet on it.
Old 07-06-2011, 01:05 PM
iPhoneKiller
Banned

Rep Power: 0 iPhoneKiller has a reputation beyond reputeiPhoneKiller has a reputation beyond reputeiPhoneKiller has a reputation beyond reputeiPhoneKiller has a reputation beyond reputeiPhoneKiller has a reputation beyond reputeiPhoneKiller has a reputation beyond reputeiPhoneKiller has a reputation beyond reputeiPhoneKiller has a reputation beyond reputeiPhoneKiller has a reputation beyond reputeiPhoneKiller has a reputation beyond reputeiPhoneKiller has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuauhtémoc1502 View Post
I think we are on the same page I just feel as though because of his loss to Maidana and his draw vs Peterson, people are making rash judgments on the kid.

Ortiz is still young, he learned a tough lesson with Maidana and Peterson and I feel he came out the better fighter. Remember, he was steam rolling dudes on his way to those fights so Ortiz never knew adversity at all.

Most fighter crumble in the face of it, Ortiz came back in the biggest way against what was then the favorite to beat him in Berto. I know everyone thinks Berto is a bum now but he showed me a lot in that fight.

I also think Ortiz would have some initial trouble with Khans speed and length but it's not like Ortiz isn't fast himself and I think in the end, Ortiz strength and ability to fight on the inside and land that very fast left hand would be the difference.

If they ever fight, I will take Ortiz and we can make a bet on it.
I think that Ortiz has grown up a bit, and learned, and also that 147 is his best weight, but I would like to see one more fight VS someone at 147 other than Mayweather.

Well, if he takes the Mayweather lost well, then he can use that experience to face Khan I guess. I would be very surprised if Mayweather lost.

Ortiz's speed is OK, but not no where near Khan's speed IMO. If it is close, then Khan loses, but Khan doesn't stay there like Berto etc... Berto made a mistake, or shall I say was never that good enough to use his footwork to stay out of Ortiz's way.

Hit me a PM if the fight happens!
Old 07-06-2011, 01:07 PM
SpitBalla
Banned

Rep Power: 0 SpitBalla has a reputation beyond reputeSpitBalla has a reputation beyond reputeSpitBalla has a reputation beyond reputeSpitBalla has a reputation beyond reputeSpitBalla has a reputation beyond reputeSpitBalla has a reputation beyond reputeSpitBalla has a reputation beyond reputeSpitBalla has a reputation beyond reputeSpitBalla has a reputation beyond reputeSpitBalla has a reputation beyond reputeSpitBalla has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 18,061.58

Lol at people saying Ortiz displayed a great chin versus Maidana.

He quit obviously because he was hurt and was about to get knocked out. To suggest anything else is completely idiotic. Ortiz even fell to the ground just trying to run away, that's how hurt the dude was.

Ortiz would've been brutally knocked out against Maidana. End of story.

As for the rest, everyone knew he would become stronger at 147, just like Khan will definitely become stronger at 147 too. They were easily two jwws with ww frames, both their chins will be better at 147.

And eventually we will see Khan Ortiz fight, Oscar even said so. Khan and Ortiz have been good friends since the amateurs, but I don't think that will stop either from facing each other.

Khan outboxes Ortiz when it happens IMO.

Last edited by SpitBalla; 07-06-2011 at 01:19 PM.
Old 07-06-2011, 01:08 PM
Gutz
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 20 Gutz has a reputation beyond reputeGutz has a reputation beyond reputeGutz has a reputation beyond reputeGutz has a reputation beyond reputeGutz has a reputation beyond reputeGutz has a reputation beyond reputeGutz has a reputation beyond reputeGutz has a reputation beyond reputeGutz has a reputation beyond reputeGutz has a reputation beyond reputeGutz has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 1,051,353,153.41
burner is a retard - Red October have a blue parallelogram - Jack Napier 
Childhood Cancer - PensionKiller Myasthenia Gravis - Ovarian Cancer - Sexual Assault - Substance Abuse - Red October Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - JM1 

Ortiz is to easy to hit..

And Khan can out box him ....
Old 07-06-2011, 01:34 PM
reneg_2
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 8 reneg_2 has a reputation beyond reputereneg_2 has a reputation beyond reputereneg_2 has a reputation beyond reputereneg_2 has a reputation beyond reputereneg_2 has a reputation beyond reputereneg_2 has a reputation beyond reputereneg_2 has a reputation beyond reputereneg_2 has a reputation beyond reputereneg_2 has a reputation beyond reputereneg_2 has a reputation beyond reputereneg_2 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 2,227,335,542,497,747.75
Total Points: 2,232,335,542,577,853.00

Ortiz by TKO.

If Maidana just about had a TKO, I think Ortiz would get it. Especially at 147.
Old 07-06-2011, 01:51 PM
iPhoneKiller
Banned

OK so I watched Ortiz and Berto again just to clarify on things.

Berto was simply too slow when it came to who hit who first. Ortiz got off first, Khan is likely to be the one who hits first.

Berto kept coming forward, and his feet barely moved. He has very bad footwork and takes shots full force.

Berto kept staying on the ropes, such a stupid move.

Berto came forward at Ortiz with his hands up, not even throwing anything.

Berto is so different to Khan.

Now we can use Maidana as someone for Khan.

The weakness I saw from Ortiz was how easy he is to hit. Particularly how he is very vulnerable when he more or less lunges forward. He will miss Khan and his force won't be as powerful because Khan ill run.
Old 07-07-2011, 03:48 PM
Sugar Sting Ray
Banned

Rep Power: 0 Sugar Sting Ray has a reputation beyond reputeSugar Sting Ray has a reputation beyond reputeSugar Sting Ray has a reputation beyond reputeSugar Sting Ray has a reputation beyond reputeSugar Sting Ray has a reputation beyond reputeSugar Sting Ray has a reputation beyond reputeSugar Sting Ray has a reputation beyond reputeSugar Sting Ray has a reputation beyond reputeSugar Sting Ray has a reputation beyond reputeSugar Sting Ray has a reputation beyond reputeSugar Sting Ray has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 407,239.06

Wow! I thought it would be like 50/50 between Ortiz and Khan. Khan is better technically but I figured the responders to this thread might include his weak chin in their equations.
Old 07-24-2011, 08:08 PM
Sugar Sting Ray
Banned

Rep Power: 0 Sugar Sting Ray has a reputation beyond reputeSugar Sting Ray has a reputation beyond reputeSugar Sting Ray has a reputation beyond reputeSugar Sting Ray has a reputation beyond reputeSugar Sting Ray has a reputation beyond reputeSugar Sting Ray has a reputation beyond reputeSugar Sting Ray has a reputation beyond reputeSugar Sting Ray has a reputation beyond reputeSugar Sting Ray has a reputation beyond reputeSugar Sting Ray has a reputation beyond reputeSugar Sting Ray has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 407,239.06

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gutz View Post
Ortiz is to easy to hit..

And Khan can out box him ....
I think Khan can Judah Ortiz.

But there continues to be the lingering question about Khan's chin.