Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing
View Poll Results: Khan vs. Ortiz - Which of these two Pacquiao sparring partner would win?
Amir Khan. He is the better Pacquiao sparring partner. 27 60.00%
Victor Ortiz. He is the better Pacquiao sparring partner. 18 40.00%
Voters: 45. You may not vote on this poll

Thread Navigation

Old 07-06-2011, 09:22 AM
SpitBalla
Banned

Rep Power: 0 SpitBalla has a reputation beyond reputeSpitBalla has a reputation beyond reputeSpitBalla has a reputation beyond reputeSpitBalla has a reputation beyond reputeSpitBalla has a reputation beyond reputeSpitBalla has a reputation beyond reputeSpitBalla has a reputation beyond reputeSpitBalla has a reputation beyond reputeSpitBalla has a reputation beyond reputeSpitBalla has a reputation beyond reputeSpitBalla has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 17,919.58

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugar Sting Ray View Post
But Khan has a weak chin. A fact that couldn't be exploited in the amateurs due to the shortness of the fights and the use of head gears. A fight in the pros could be different.
Khan doesn't have a weak chin. He got knocked out when he was an underdeveloped teen. He had no leg muscles at all back then, anyone who boxes knows leg muscles is one of the main components to taking a good punch. Instead khan put on too much muscle at the top, making his hands slow.

In any case, Khan is the one that went 12 with Maidana, while Ortiz was about to be koed. So by comparison, Ortizs chin is even weaker.

And going back to the amateurs, Ortiz got koed by Khan WITH headgear, what does that say about his chin?

And none of this changes the fact Khan is a much better boxer than Ortiz, thus one has to assume he'd come out on top. Of course it's possible Ortiz would win by ko, it's just not likely.

Last edited by SpitBalla; 07-06-2011 at 09:25 AM.
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 07-06-2011, 09:24 AM
Money_May
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 57 Money_May has a reputation beyond reputeMoney_May has a reputation beyond reputeMoney_May has a reputation beyond reputeMoney_May has a reputation beyond reputeMoney_May has a reputation beyond reputeMoney_May has a reputation beyond reputeMoney_May has a reputation beyond reputeMoney_May has a reputation beyond reputeMoney_May has a reputation beyond reputeMoney_May has a reputation beyond reputeMoney_May has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 9,648,426,757,304,626.00
Total Points: 9,650,581,014,052,842.00
:love: - Bossy :love: Cause you're super, man :P - Bossy Finishing the row off :D - Bossy :kiss: - Bossy No Message - Tha_Greatest 
Guy with a GIGANTIC Heart. - afiln the power of truth! - Panginoon My mateeeeeeeee :kiss: - Bossy 10000 post...drink up! - jose830 10000 posts! Congrats.. - ABOSWORTH 
Congrats! - Terrel Happy 10k babes and I know what tomo is :P - Bossy Cheers bro! - dan_cov The real Money May! - dan_cov May-kin' it rain - dan_cov 
Happy holidays bro! - led* Merry Christmas and Happy New Year - Freedom. thanks :beerchug: - jose830 A glass of zee finest French wine - QuebecSTAR2 a man who knows his football - jas 
World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - jose830 World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -jose- Eating Disorders - Esophageal Cancer - Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease - Irritable Bowel Syndrome - Pulmonary Hypertension - jas 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugar Sting Ray View Post
But Khan has a weak chin. A fact that couldn't be exploited in the amateurs due to the shortness of the fights and the use of head gears. A fight in the pros could be different.
Well if khan KO ortiz even though ortiz was wearing headgear what would happen without head gear?
Old 07-06-2011, 09:26 AM
Money_May
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 57 Money_May has a reputation beyond reputeMoney_May has a reputation beyond reputeMoney_May has a reputation beyond reputeMoney_May has a reputation beyond reputeMoney_May has a reputation beyond reputeMoney_May has a reputation beyond reputeMoney_May has a reputation beyond reputeMoney_May has a reputation beyond reputeMoney_May has a reputation beyond reputeMoney_May has a reputation beyond reputeMoney_May has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 9,648,426,757,304,626.00
Total Points: 9,650,581,014,052,842.00
:love: - Bossy :love: Cause you're super, man :P - Bossy Finishing the row off :D - Bossy :kiss: - Bossy No Message - Tha_Greatest 
Guy with a GIGANTIC Heart. - afiln the power of truth! - Panginoon My mateeeeeeeee :kiss: - Bossy 10000 post...drink up! - jose830 10000 posts! Congrats.. - ABOSWORTH 
Congrats! - Terrel Happy 10k babes and I know what tomo is :P - Bossy Cheers bro! - dan_cov The real Money May! - dan_cov May-kin' it rain - dan_cov 
Happy holidays bro! - led* Merry Christmas and Happy New Year - Freedom. thanks :beerchug: - jose830 A glass of zee finest French wine - QuebecSTAR2 a man who knows his football - jas 
World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - jose830 World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -jose- Eating Disorders - Esophageal Cancer - Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease - Irritable Bowel Syndrome - Pulmonary Hypertension - jas 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffalo View Post
ortiz would stop khan. Khan could never hold him off. Defense is not his forte and you better defend and slip punches to beat ortiz. Victor has caught every single fighter he has faced professionally, no doubt he'd catch khan.
Come on man everyone is jumping on Ortiz because he beat Berto who had been feasting on LWW his whole career. This is the same Ortiz who got a draw with Lamont Peterson just the fight before. yeah hes more of a beast up at 147 now but he aint got anywere near the skills or the speed khan has. He only has the power over khan.
Old 07-06-2011, 09:29 AM
Sage84
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 10 Sage84 has a reputation beyond reputeSage84 has a reputation beyond reputeSage84 has a reputation beyond reputeSage84 has a reputation beyond reputeSage84 has a reputation beyond reputeSage84 has a reputation beyond reputeSage84 has a reputation beyond reputeSage84 has a reputation beyond reputeSage84 has a reputation beyond reputeSage84 has a reputation beyond reputeSage84 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 535,911,131.05
Total Points: 544,813,990.24

I'm not voting in the poll, it will only encourage you to chew Pac-man's balls even harder.

But I will say that if they fought each other (as they are both champions and good fighters in there own right, NOT just Pacquiao's sparring partners) I have always said Ortiz would KO Khan, he is quick, powerful and too intense. Maidina had the tools to beat Khan, he just needed that little extra speed, which Ortiz has.
Old 07-06-2011, 09:53 AM
junior gong
snr gong

Rep Power: 42 junior gong has a reputation beyond reputejunior gong has a reputation beyond reputejunior gong has a reputation beyond reputejunior gong has a reputation beyond reputejunior gong has a reputation beyond reputejunior gong has a reputation beyond reputejunior gong has a reputation beyond reputejunior gong has a reputation beyond reputejunior gong has a reputation beyond reputejunior gong has a reputation beyond reputejunior gong has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 13,114,452,808,527.77
Total Points: 13,115,462,537,927.15
A gift for my favorite bumsniff... - Kenny MF Powers one of boxingscene's best - Freedom. bumsniffing the trail of flomos on BS 24/7. - Body Movin' keep murking these floydiot bumsniffs, flomos kneel before you and kiss your feet - Turd &quot;hi yung doe&quot; looool - thuggery 
thx m8, can always count on the gongster to lay the smackdown - thuggery A glass of the finest French wine - QuebecSTAR2 joyeux noel - QuebecSTAR2 Cheers buddy, screw the FloydTroopers - Beercules ATG poster! - jas 
I now pronounce Floyd Mayweather and Junior Gong in holy matrimony. Congrats Mayweather and Gong for their beautiful marriage. - BrushMyHair You're fackin hilarious - Booty Dew Helluva poster - jas Legendary destroyer of Fl0mos - Free Booty Dew! 

Khan is simply the better, more complete fighter so I would say Khan. That said, Ortiz is no mug and anything can happen, but taking all their current attributes into account you would really have to say Khan.
Old 07-06-2011, 09:56 AM
bojangles1987
bo jungle

Rep Power: 118 bojangles1987 has a reputation beyond reputebojangles1987 has a reputation beyond reputebojangles1987 has a reputation beyond reputebojangles1987 has a reputation beyond reputebojangles1987 has a reputation beyond reputebojangles1987 has a reputation beyond reputebojangles1987 has a reputation beyond reputebojangles1987 has a reputation beyond reputebojangles1987 has a reputation beyond reputebojangles1987 has a reputation beyond reputebojangles1987 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,213,577,442,562.78
Total Points: 3,490,577,766,965.18
Thought ya could use a drink.. - romebyko For your triangle theory sig - rorymac merry xmas. - Ether Awesome sig... Love me some Breaking Bad. - Burning Phoenix that triangle theories sig haha - Alx. 
it takes courage just to agree to donate an organ to someone :fing02: - jose830 thanks for the update - jose830 Thanks for the video of Bradley-Provodnikov - kennylimon Cotto looked rejuvenated out there - -jose- for an atg poster! - jas 
World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -jose- 

While we would need to see Khan at 147 first, there's nothing to suggest he wouldn't be very good at welterweight. I think he's a better fighter than Ortiz and would beat Ortiz.
Old 07-06-2011, 09:58 AM
Cuauhtémoc1520
Head Mexican in Charge

Rep Power: 124 Cuauhtémoc1520 has a reputation beyond reputeCuauhtémoc1520 has a reputation beyond reputeCuauhtémoc1520 has a reputation beyond reputeCuauhtémoc1520 has a reputation beyond reputeCuauhtémoc1520 has a reputation beyond reputeCuauhtémoc1520 has a reputation beyond reputeCuauhtémoc1520 has a reputation beyond reputeCuauhtémoc1520 has a reputation beyond reputeCuauhtémoc1520 has a reputation beyond reputeCuauhtémoc1520 has a reputation beyond reputeCuauhtémoc1520 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 23,492,888,514,275.25
Total Points: 23,492,888,756,797.30
Feliz Navidad - El Mustang Have one on me, friend. - Grand Champ Great taste in women - Unknown Champ Legendary poster - Cleto_Reyes please fukk off,..........now take care, your homie in real life, god bless you you bitcch azz, lol, truly your freind, lol, tha greatest - Tha_Greatest 
Here's a beer from Bulgaria - BulgariasFinest Great posts, intelligent poster! Always great reading your stuff :) - Bossy No Message - Freelancer One of the best poster's - arraamis One of the best posters in the 'Scene - ELHURACAN58 
damn homie i missed your 19000 post congrats!    you one the best posters here! - jose830 happy birthday coach! - HUGH JASS Birthday beer, cheers! - MELLY-MEL... i posted &quot;las mañanitas&quot; on the thread before you mention it but took it down thinking it was to gay :lol1: happy birthday bro! - jose830 happy bday - -Mustang- 
Happy bday grandpa! - led* One of Boxingscene's finest! - CubanGuyNYC Cuauhtémoc1520 Knows Boxing! - LoadedWraps P4P, a top poster/knowledgeable - SlySlickSmooth May you never stop spreading your knowledge. - BattlingNelson 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - Cuauhtémoc 1502 Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - Cuauhtémoc 1502 Gay and Lesbian Pride - The Underboss World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - jose830 Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - TBear 
Childhood Cancer - TBear Childhood Cancer - TBear World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - TBear Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - TBear Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - TBear 
World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - jose830 Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - -jose- World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -jose- Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - -jose- 

Khan is very fast and would have the reach advantage but.........

Both are KO punchers but I think Ortiz would take Khan's shots much better than the other way around.

Eventually I think Ortiz would get to Khan's chin and KO him. I don't think he could keep Ortiz outside and box him for a full 12 rounds.
Old 07-06-2011, 10:11 AM
bojangles1987
bo jungle

Rep Power: 118 bojangles1987 has a reputation beyond reputebojangles1987 has a reputation beyond reputebojangles1987 has a reputation beyond reputebojangles1987 has a reputation beyond reputebojangles1987 has a reputation beyond reputebojangles1987 has a reputation beyond reputebojangles1987 has a reputation beyond reputebojangles1987 has a reputation beyond reputebojangles1987 has a reputation beyond reputebojangles1987 has a reputation beyond reputebojangles1987 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,213,577,442,562.78
Total Points: 3,490,577,766,965.18
Thought ya could use a drink.. - romebyko For your triangle theory sig - rorymac merry xmas. - Ether Awesome sig... Love me some Breaking Bad. - Burning Phoenix that triangle theories sig haha - Alx. 
it takes courage just to agree to donate an organ to someone :fing02: - jose830 thanks for the update - jose830 Thanks for the video of Bradley-Provodnikov - kennylimon Cotto looked rejuvenated out there - -jose- for an atg poster! - jas 
World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -jose- 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuauhtémoc1502 View Post
Khan is very fast and would have the reach advantage but.........

Both are KO punchers but I think Ortiz would take Khan's shots much better than the other way around.

Eventually I think Ortiz would get to Khan's chin and KO him. I don't think he could keep Ortiz outside and box him for a full 12 rounds.
Ortiz boxes though, so why couldn't Khan keep him outside and outbox him? The Berto fight does have people thinking Ortiz is some pressure fighter, no he's not. Ortiz liked to box.
Old 07-06-2011, 10:14 AM
B.U.R.N.E.R
Cowboys Fan

Rep Power: 86 B.U.R.N.E.R has a reputation beyond reputeB.U.R.N.E.R has a reputation beyond reputeB.U.R.N.E.R has a reputation beyond reputeB.U.R.N.E.R has a reputation beyond reputeB.U.R.N.E.R has a reputation beyond reputeB.U.R.N.E.R has a reputation beyond reputeB.U.R.N.E.R has a reputation beyond reputeB.U.R.N.E.R has a reputation beyond reputeB.U.R.N.E.R has a reputation beyond reputeB.U.R.N.E.R has a reputation beyond reputeB.U.R.N.E.R has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 6,084,797,577,469.49
Total Points: 7,299,008,093,411.27
No Message - No Ceilings No Message - No Ceilings One that you haven't bought  :lol1: - Fiend F*ck the haters, keep doing your thing man. - S A M U R A I Enjoy it homie. - California Love 
Thanks for the stream. - California Love welcome to fatherhood my dude!! - SekondzOut good luck in the league, you'll need it - El Mustang late congrats on your baby, you will treasure her and god bless you man , that is all - Tha_Greatest Congrats on joining Imdazed's cheerleading squad. - Mr. Copeland 
For still being a trolling coward. - Jim Jeffries Feliz Navidad - El Mustang i like your avatar - zab191 one more - miamike Good post. - FeFist 
quit monkeyin' around bro - cawadoody Merry Christmas Burner. Drink up, relax with your loved ones and smile, because you know you have it good. - deanrw You might need this one day - mesher Good post. - FeFist can watch wshh videos on it :D - thuggery 
Lou Gehrig's Disease (ALS) - No Ceilings Emphysema - Lung Cancer - Lung Disease - Multiple Sclerosis - No Ceilings Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - No Ceilings Childhood Cancer - No Ceilings Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - No Ceilings 
Graves Disease - Lymphedema - Men's Health - Pro Choice - Prostate Cancer - Scleroderma - Thyroid Disease - Trisomy 18 - No Ceilings Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - No Ceilings Emphysema - Lung Cancer - Lung Disease - Multiple Sclerosis - No Ceilings AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - No Ceilings Hodgkin's Disease - Testicular Cancer - No Ceilings 
Hepatitis C - No Ceilings Myasthenia Gravis - Ovarian Cancer - Sexual Assault - Substance Abuse - No Ceilings Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - No Ceilings Eating Disorders - Esophageal Cancer - Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease - Irritable Bowel Syndrome - Pulmonary Hypertension - No Ceilings Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - No Ceilings 
Childhood Cancer - Grand Champ Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - El Cabron Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - PensionKiller Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - -Top Rank- Gay and Lesbian Pride - Queen_Leia 

It would be a war that ends with somebody getting KO'd. Most likely Amir. Against Khan , Ortiz would have no choice but to play the aggressor again like he decided to do against Berto. Because hes not quick or fast enough with his hands and feet to oubox Khan so he would have to use that 162 Pound body and rough im up.

Ortiz by mid to late KO.
Old 07-06-2011, 10:26 AM
Blubba
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 9 Blubba has a reputation beyond reputeBlubba has a reputation beyond reputeBlubba has a reputation beyond reputeBlubba has a reputation beyond reputeBlubba has a reputation beyond reputeBlubba has a reputation beyond reputeBlubba has a reputation beyond reputeBlubba has a reputation beyond reputeBlubba has a reputation beyond reputeBlubba has a reputation beyond reputeBlubba has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 80,612.14

Quote:
Originally Posted by No Ceilings View Post
It would be a war that ends with somebody getting KO'd. Most likely Amir. Against Khan , Ortiz would have no choice but to play the aggressor again like he decided to do against Berto. Because hes not quick or fast enough with his hands and feet to oubox Khan so he would have to use that 162 Pound body and rough im up.

Ortiz by mid to late KO.
i see this exactly the same, but the other way round.

china chin is way stronger than ortiz at 147. khan has the bigger frame, n is pretty much a welter fighting at LW . he took maidana's biggest hits.

where as ortiz chin cuddnt take them n quit. clash of the glass jaws.

khan shatters ortiz jaw by mid to late ko.