Ideas For Training Diet? - Boxing Forum
Boxing Forum
Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Training & Nutrition

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-01-2011, 05:19 PM #1
JackHammer JackHammer is offline
Amateur
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: UK
Posts: 5
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Rep Power: 0
JackHammer is on a distinguished road
Points: 1,283.76
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 1,283.76
Default Ideas For Training Diet?

Hey, sup all

Its my first time posting on this forum, so a bit of info about me

I am male, height is 5ft8 with a weight of 112 pounds. Current age is 16. I am currently training in taekwondo but am wanting to try boxing.

I am wanting to start boxing in around september, in the mean time i want to use the summer break to get more in shape, since boxing is a very demanding sport.

So my question to you guys is, what kind of diet should i be looking at to maximize my training?

Currently, i am trying to keep it healthy with home made stuff only, focusing on carbs and proteins. 5 - 6 small meals a day, with fruit etc. How ever im not sure if it is all that effective, and thus would love some advice to make sure im doing the right thing.

Thank you
JackHammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 07-03-2011, 01:09 PM #2
JackHammer JackHammer is offline
Amateur
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: UK
Posts: 5
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Rep Power: 0
JackHammer is on a distinguished road
Points: 1,283.76
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 1,283.76
Default

Bump to the top
JackHammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 04:01 AM #3
Jack3d Jack3d is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: My CPU is neural net processor; a learning computer
Posts: 2,348
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Rep Power: 0
Jack3d is infamous around these partsJack3d is infamous around these partsJack3d is infamous around these partsJack3d is infamous around these partsJack3d is infamous around these partsJack3d is infamous around these partsJack3d is infamous around these partsJack3d is infamous around these partsJack3d is infamous around these partsJack3d is infamous around these partsJack3d is infamous around these parts
Points: 253,290,200.06
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 253,290,200.06
Default

Are you trying to gain weight, lose weight or just maintain and be healthier at your current weight?
Jack3d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 05:14 AM #4
Holmes Holmes is offline
Contender
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 466
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Rep Power: 0
Holmes is infamous around these partsHolmes is infamous around these partsHolmes is infamous around these partsHolmes is infamous around these partsHolmes is infamous around these partsHolmes is infamous around these partsHolmes is infamous around these partsHolmes is infamous around these partsHolmes is infamous around these partsHolmes is infamous around these partsHolmes is infamous around these parts
Points: 49,134.44
Bank: 120,829.55
Total Points: 169,963.99
Default

Go with oatmeal for breakfast with some fruit in the morning, then follow by salad and a light sandwich for lunch, fruit snack in after noon, then finish the day off with grilled chicken with salad and vegetables...

Remember to drink water but not too much...spread meals out to about 4 a day to build a metabolism, good luck
Holmes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 08:22 AM #5
JackHammer JackHammer is offline
Amateur
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: UK
Posts: 5
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Rep Power: 0
JackHammer is on a distinguished road
Points: 1,283.76
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 1,283.76
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin O'Leary View Post
Go with oatmeal for breakfast with some fruit in the morning, then follow by salad and a light sandwich for lunch, fruit snack in after noon, then finish the day off with grilled chicken with salad and vegetables...

Remember to drink water but not too much...spread meals out to about 4 a day to build a metabolism, good luck
Hey, thanks for the reply, this is what i have been doing, apart from i did 5 meals a day. Although it didnt feel like i was eating enough, as im working out every day

Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by h4te View Post
Are you trying to gain weight, lose weight or just maintain and be healthier at your current weight?
Trying to build more muscle, while cutting any excess fat out aswell. Weight should be around the same

Last edited by JackHammer; 07-04-2011 at 08:26 AM.
JackHammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 10:07 AM #6
SirTomJones SirTomJones is offline
Viva Gareth Bale!
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Wales
Posts: 16,915
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Rep Power: 77
SirTomJones has a reputation beyond reputeSirTomJones has a reputation beyond reputeSirTomJones has a reputation beyond reputeSirTomJones has a reputation beyond reputeSirTomJones has a reputation beyond reputeSirTomJones has a reputation beyond reputeSirTomJones has a reputation beyond reputeSirTomJones has a reputation beyond reputeSirTomJones has a reputation beyond reputeSirTomJones has a reputation beyond reputeSirTomJones has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 143,769.71
Bank: 4,125,864,418,426,957.50
Total Points: 4,125,864,418,570,727.00
so - *Boss Lady* they - *Boss Lady* all - *Boss Lady* match - *Boss Lady* because - *Boss Lady* 
i - *Boss Lady* am - *Boss Lady* a - *Boss Lady* fuc - *Boss Lady* king - *Boss Lady* 
leg- - *Boss Lady* -end - *Boss Lady* love - *Boss Lady* ya - *Boss Lady* Jonesy - *Boss Lady* 
Success! :D xxxxx - *Boss Lady* No Message - alza1988 Merry Christmas and Happy New Year - Freedom. Happy nu year luv! - led* Take this instead of making me use dildo, hon. - led 
Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - *Boss Lady* Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - *Boss Lady* Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - *Boss Lady* Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - *Boss Lady* Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - *Boss Lady* 
Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - *Boss Lady* Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - *Boss Lady* Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - *Boss Lady* Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - *Boss Lady* Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - *Boss Lady* 
Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - *Boss Lady* Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - *Boss Lady* Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - *Boss Lady* Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - *Boss Lady* Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - *Boss Lady* 
Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - *Boss Lady* Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - *Boss Lady* Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - *Boss Lady* Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - *Boss Lady* Eating Disorders - Esophageal Cancer - Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease - Irritable Bowel Syndrome - Pulmonary Hypertension - codey 
Default

What meals are you having now?

How much training do you do?
SirTomJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 12:14 PM #7
Chip2006uk Chip2006uk is offline
Interim Champion
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: UK
Posts: 730
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Rep Power: 9
Chip2006uk has a reputation beyond reputeChip2006uk has a reputation beyond reputeChip2006uk has a reputation beyond reputeChip2006uk has a reputation beyond reputeChip2006uk has a reputation beyond reputeChip2006uk has a reputation beyond reputeChip2006uk has a reputation beyond reputeChip2006uk has a reputation beyond reputeChip2006uk has a reputation beyond reputeChip2006uk has a reputation beyond reputeChip2006uk has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 47,724.25
Bank: 410,829,310,699.99
Total Points: 410,829,358,424.24
Default

Look into the glycemic index for carbs.

Basically you want to be getting in a good amount of carbohydrates to give you the energy to train, but you'll want to make sure that those carbs are low on the glycemic index. That way you will have energy to train and wont put on any unwanted weight.

Good low GI carbs include brown rice, oatmeal, new potatoes, wholewheat pasta (as long as it isnt overcooked).

Avoid high GI carbs such as sugar, bread (especially white), white sticky rice, most cereals. These carbs will cause your blood sugar levels to rise too quickly resulting in lack of energy (after a 10-15 minute sugar rush), fat gain and general bad health.

The only time you might possibly need high GI carbs is straight after a training session to replenish the glycogen stored in your body, but personally I think low to medium GI carbs is plenty enough for that function.

As for protein, just make sure you are getting an adequate amount from good sources so that your body can repair itself after hard training.

Dont worry too much about fats aswell, obviously avoid anything unhealthy (ie. greasy cheeseburgers from Mcdonalds) but get plenty of good fats in you from sources such as olive oil, oily fish, and nuts as your body needs fats to operate.

The most important thing though is carbs, carbs are the primary fuel for your training so its essential to be taking in good quality carbs
Chip2006uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 12:46 PM #8
Jack3d Jack3d is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: My CPU is neural net processor; a learning computer
Posts: 2,348
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Rep Power: 0
Jack3d is infamous around these partsJack3d is infamous around these partsJack3d is infamous around these partsJack3d is infamous around these partsJack3d is infamous around these partsJack3d is infamous around these partsJack3d is infamous around these partsJack3d is infamous around these partsJack3d is infamous around these partsJack3d is infamous around these partsJack3d is infamous around these parts
Points: 253,290,200.06
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 253,290,200.06
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackHammer View Post

Trying to build more muscle, while cutting any excess fat out aswell. Weight should be around the same
Well you can't build muscle and stay at the same weight.
Jack3d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 12:50 PM #9
JackHammer JackHammer is offline
Amateur
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: UK
Posts: 5
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Rep Power: 0
JackHammer is on a distinguished road
Points: 1,283.76
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 1,283.76
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir TomJones View Post
What meals are you having now?

How much training do you do?
Currently i am having

10AM - Quakeroats/Weetabix or Cereals such as Crunchy Nut
11.30am -Grapes + Strawberries with a glass of water
12.30 - 1.15 is training time
1.30PM - Sandwich with tuna, tomatoes and salads + glass of milk or milkshake or water(no butter or such)
4PM -More fruit
6.30PM Eggs/Chicken and rice/Tuna with milk or water
9PM - Pasta + milk

And currently i train everday at 12.30 - 1.15 apart from Fridays,
I also train on Mondays at 7 - 7.45pm, Tuesdays 7 - 7.45pm,Thursdays 7 - 7.45pm


Quote:
Originally Posted by Chip2006uk View Post
Look into the glycemic index for carbs.

Basically you want to be getting in a good amount of carbohydrates to give you the energy to train, but you'll want to make sure that those carbs are low on the glycemic index. That way you will have energy to train and wont put on any unwanted weight.

Good low GI carbs include brown rice, oatmeal, new potatoes, wholewheat pasta (as long as it isnt overcooked).

Avoid high GI carbs such as sugar, bread (especially white), white sticky rice, most cereals. These carbs will cause your blood sugar levels to rise too quickly resulting in lack of energy (after a 10-15 minute sugar rush), fat gain and general bad health.

The only time you might possibly need high GI carbs is straight after a training session to replenish the glycogen stored in your body, but personally I think low to medium GI carbs is plenty enough for that function.

As for protein, just make sure you are getting an adequate amount from good sources so that your body can repair itself after hard training.

Dont worry too much about fats aswell, obviously avoid anything unhealthy (ie. greasy cheeseburgers from Mcdonalds) but get plenty of good fats in you from sources such as olive oil, oily fish, and nuts as your body needs fats to operate.

The most important thing though is carbs, carbs are the primary fuel for your training so its essential to be taking in good quality carbs
Thanks for the advice, will lay off the cereal then, and some look in to the glycemic index for carbs. Thanks, both + repped for the help
JackHammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 12:54 PM #10
JackHammer JackHammer is offline
Amateur
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: UK
Posts: 5
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Rep Power: 0
JackHammer is on a distinguished road
Points: 1,283.76
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 1,283.76
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by h4te View Post
Well you can't build muscle and stay at the same weight.
Yeah, what i meant was, if i cut some of the fat, then muscle to replace it shouldnt add to much. Realistically keep it under 9 1/2 stone. Currently weigh just over 8 stone

Thanks
JackHammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share This With Friends

Tags
diet?, ideas, training

User Tag List

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump

 

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:27 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.