Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing
Thread Navigation

Old 06-23-2011, 12:07 PM
Sage84
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 10 Sage84 has a reputation beyond reputeSage84 has a reputation beyond reputeSage84 has a reputation beyond reputeSage84 has a reputation beyond reputeSage84 has a reputation beyond reputeSage84 has a reputation beyond reputeSage84 has a reputation beyond reputeSage84 has a reputation beyond reputeSage84 has a reputation beyond reputeSage84 has a reputation beyond reputeSage84 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 546,629,353.67
Total Points: 555,534,588.86
Default What is the most Inspirational thing you have seen around boxing?

It can be in or out of the ring. I want to know what you have seen, heard or did that has made you sit back and think wow! It doesnt have to be a sob story, even though there are a lot of sad events that inspire people - it can be anything you like.

Mine has to be The Thriller in Manilia!

Ali and Frazier poured their souls out, they could barely stand by the end and it was brilliant to see the respect they gave at the end. I dont think I have witness a fight where the fighters have showed more heart than that.

In more recent years (and I'm not saying it is on level with Ali vs Frazier) I really sat back and appreciated Froch KO'ing Taylor with 14 secs to go, that was pure fight and desire, he really dug deep.
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 06-23-2011, 12:08 PM
GrandpaBernard
motherfuc

Rep Power: 0 GrandpaBernard is infamous around these partsGrandpaBernard is infamous around these partsGrandpaBernard is infamous around these partsGrandpaBernard is infamous around these partsGrandpaBernard is infamous around these partsGrandpaBernard is infamous around these partsGrandpaBernard is infamous around these partsGrandpaBernard is infamous around these partsGrandpaBernard is infamous around these partsGrandpaBernard is infamous around these partsGrandpaBernard is infamous around these parts
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 54,186,571.46
For the insight! - Lazerjab Happy new years bro! - Lazerjab 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sage84 View Post
It can be in or out of the ring. I want to know what you have seen, heard or did that has made you sit back and think wow! It doesnt have to be a sob story, even though there are a lot of sad events that inspire people - it can be anything you like.

Mine has to be The Thriller in Manilia!

Ali and Frazier poured their souls out, they could barely stand by the end and it was brilliant to see the respect they gave at the end. I dont think I have witness a fight where the fighters have showed more heart than that.

In more recent years (and I'm not saying it is on level with Ali vs Frazier) I really sat back and appreciated Froch KO'ing Taylor with 14 secs to go, that was pure fight and desire, he really dug deep.
Joe Louis
Joe Frazier
Old 06-23-2011, 12:10 PM
gauze
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 11 gauze has a reputation beyond reputegauze has a reputation beyond reputegauze has a reputation beyond reputegauze has a reputation beyond reputegauze has a reputation beyond reputegauze has a reputation beyond reputegauze has a reputation beyond reputegauze has a reputation beyond reputegauze has a reputation beyond reputegauze has a reputation beyond reputegauze has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,590,726,634,052.94
Total Points: 1,590,726,643,680.86

its not really boxing....but in the movie kickboxer when van damme is kicking the palm tree and his like "you want me to break my leg?" and xian is like "you're brother, remember?" and then he's like "pack your bags and leave!" and van damme goes house on the palm tree while mai lee watches

WIGGLE THE PALM TREE!!!
Old 06-23-2011, 12:17 PM
Evil Abed
The Darkest Timeline...

Rep Power: 81 Evil Abed has a reputation beyond reputeEvil Abed has a reputation beyond reputeEvil Abed has a reputation beyond reputeEvil Abed has a reputation beyond reputeEvil Abed has a reputation beyond reputeEvil Abed has a reputation beyond reputeEvil Abed has a reputation beyond reputeEvil Abed has a reputation beyond reputeEvil Abed has a reputation beyond reputeEvil Abed has a reputation beyond reputeEvil Abed has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 208,455,380,243,348.19
Total Points: 208,475,197,968,291.00
Jimmy Malone sends his regards! - LeeVanCleef have a beer - -MAKAVELLI- Some fruit for a stalwart of this magnificent craft. - Robin Hood One ring to rule em all... - -KULT- even phantom need to eat.. - -KULT- 
some more food.. - -KULT- Happy beerday bro - Talisayen Feliz Cumpleanos - MANIAC310 happy birthday homie - hhs661 happy bday bro - chiguy91 
Thanks. I can't sent you green. - Carpe Diem merry x-mas! - chiguy91 you're the reason i dont need to check twitter lol - -MAKAVELLI- One of NSBs best - BostonGuy 20k - MELLY-MEL... 
Beer on the house on your 20k post... - jose830 i enjoy your posts mate, grats on 20k - Alx. To 20k more - Sweet Pea 50 Here's one on me. Congrats! - Led® your posts are always hilarious and entertaining - Alx. 
Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - ThePhantom5 Childhood Cancer - ThePhantom5 Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - jazluvr Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - jazluvr Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - -KULT- 
World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -KULT- Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - TBear World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - TBear 

The friendship between Gatti and Ward and thier fights.(Especially I)

Vazquez going for the KO in the 12th round vs Marquez.

Vazquez comeback to KO Gonzalez.

Foreman over Moorer.

Holyfield-Bowe II

In no order.
Old 06-23-2011, 12:25 PM
Sage84
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 10 Sage84 has a reputation beyond reputeSage84 has a reputation beyond reputeSage84 has a reputation beyond reputeSage84 has a reputation beyond reputeSage84 has a reputation beyond reputeSage84 has a reputation beyond reputeSage84 has a reputation beyond reputeSage84 has a reputation beyond reputeSage84 has a reputation beyond reputeSage84 has a reputation beyond reputeSage84 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 546,629,353.67
Total Points: 555,534,588.86

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePhantom5 View Post
The friendship between Gatti and Ward and thier fights.(Especially I)

Vazquez going for the KO in the 12th round vs Marquez.

Vazquez comeback to KO Gonzalez.

Foreman over Moorer.

Holyfield-Bowe II

In no order.
All good ones!
Old 06-23-2011, 12:31 PM
sunny31
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 13 sunny31 has a reputation beyond reputesunny31 has a reputation beyond reputesunny31 has a reputation beyond reputesunny31 has a reputation beyond reputesunny31 has a reputation beyond reputesunny31 has a reputation beyond reputesunny31 has a reputation beyond reputesunny31 has a reputation beyond reputesunny31 has a reputation beyond reputesunny31 has a reputation beyond reputesunny31 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,460,647,549.44
Total Points: 1,560,707,495.34

Erik Morales vs Manny Pacquiao I

Morales going southpaw and going to war with Pacquiao in the 12th round.

It was like he said, now that I have beaten you I am going to fight you in your own stance and show you up. Also I think he did it for the people to excite them. What a fight...what a performance! It was the signature win on a HOF career.

It is probably not the most inspiration thing I have seen, but I just had to mention it because it came to my mind.
Old 06-23-2011, 12:32 PM
NChristo
The Keed

Rep Power: 17 NChristo has a reputation beyond reputeNChristo has a reputation beyond reputeNChristo has a reputation beyond reputeNChristo has a reputation beyond reputeNChristo has a reputation beyond reputeNChristo has a reputation beyond reputeNChristo has a reputation beyond reputeNChristo has a reputation beyond reputeNChristo has a reputation beyond reputeNChristo has a reputation beyond reputeNChristo has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 70,707,441,129,022.11
Total Points: 70,708,441,232,907.83
1st Gift, woop-woop! - Raider Monkz Keep up the good posts! - "Marvelous" for being a heavyweight in history section - led you're very underrated on these boards - -pound4pound- who only drinks one beer? have another - -pound4pound- 
Super poster - Monkz one for the road - led The History Sections Top Poster Award - Barnburner Yo man, how you doing? From that persecution of Sonny thread, I read something about you being annoyed at Jab, whats going on? hope everythings well, gift is for being one the most knowledgeable posters and a stand-up guy :fing02: - RubenSonny pastrano-johnson..meh...that was in black and white - -MAKAVELLI- 
For a great 2012!!!!! asshole - TartanSoldier 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Barnburner Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Barnburner Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - Barnburner Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Barnburner Aphasia - Asthma/Allergies - Brain Cancer - Brain Tumors - Diabetes - Mental Illness - Barnburner 
Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - Barnburner Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - Barnburner Graves Disease - Lymphedema - Men's Health - Pro Choice - Prostate Cancer - Scleroderma - Thyroid Disease - Trisomy 18 - Barnburner Cultural Diversity - Hunger - Leukemia - Lupus - Melanoma - Racial Tolerance - Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome - Self Injury - Barnburner Hodgkin's Disease - Testicular Cancer - Barnburner 
Emphysema - Lung Cancer - Lung Disease - Multiple Sclerosis - Barnburner Eating Disorders - Esophageal Cancer - Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease - Irritable Bowel Syndrome - Pulmonary Hypertension - Barnburner Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - Barnburner Male Breast Cancer - Pregnancy Loss - Infant Loss - Sudden Infant Death - Barnburner Lou Gehrig's Disease (ALS) - Barnburner 
Alzheimer's - Crohn's & Colitis - Cystic Fibrosis - Domestic Violence - Fibromyalgia - Leimyosarcoma - Lupus - Barnburner Autism - Barnburner AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - Barnburner Head and Neck Cancer - Barnburner Hepatitis C - Barnburner 

Jose Napoles, just watching him is what made me such a big fan of the sport and made me want to learn more and appreciate the sport for what it is, the 'sweet science', just something about his style, personality etc.

I never get bored of watching the man, even when he wasn't well trained e.g vs Indian Red and Hedgeman he fought a high level and dug deep to pull out the win and the rematches against them 2 in particular just left me in complete awe of the man and sport, Red and Lewis were never the same after.

The way he was practically kicked out of his own country and over come numerous problems (Like his Alcoholism) to become a National Hero of Mexico while Castro looked on, unable to do anything about it is inspirational as well.
Old 06-23-2011, 12:32 PM
LeG00N
Banned

Rep Power: 0 LeG00N has a reputation beyond reputeLeG00N has a reputation beyond reputeLeG00N has a reputation beyond reputeLeG00N has a reputation beyond reputeLeG00N has a reputation beyond reputeLeG00N has a reputation beyond reputeLeG00N has a reputation beyond reputeLeG00N has a reputation beyond reputeLeG00N has a reputation beyond reputeLeG00N has a reputation beyond reputeLeG00N has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 11,827,028,551,987,974.00
Total Points: 11,835,193,552,031,064.00
for your 15,000 post - jose830 Thank you for the random donation, you are like Robin Hood - Jadon Happppppppppppy Happpppppppppppy :kiss: - Bossy The point giver extraordinaire - chav can't green you atm, but amazing post bro. - chiguy91 
gracias homie - Cleto_Reyes ........... - BostonGuy Team Maniac - Bossy For Being an Epic Poster!! - mathed thx m8 - I'm so sorry 
WARQUEZ ! - BulgariasFinest ATG poster. Thanks alot, bro. - BulgariasFinest That sig is dope. You're getting better. - Terrel Merry Christmas ! - BulgariasFinest Can't hate on that gesture. Thank you. - CubanGuyNYC 
lol thx - thuggery ATG. A toast to Bradley going to sleep. - WARQUEZ thanks for the donation ese - hectari thanks for 1 trillion points donation - QuebecSTAR2 thanks for the 3 trillions points donation boss - QuebecSTAR2 
Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - thuggery Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - thuggery Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - thuggery AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - thuggery AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - thuggery 
Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - thuggery Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - thuggery Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - thuggery AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - thuggery AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - thuggery 
Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - thuggery Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - thuggery Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - thuggery AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - thuggery AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - thuggery 
Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - thuggery Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - thuggery Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - thuggery AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - thuggery AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - thuggery 

a lot of moments in boxing ...

Leonard -Hagler, When Leonard looks like hes about to get stopped and flurries out of the corner I remember watching it in awe... Round 12

Marquez- Pacquiao I -Marquez getting up after 3 knockdowns and still trying to trade with Pacquiao then going on to outbox him

Robinson-Fullmer II when he Ko's him with a left hook

Corrales-Castillo Round 10

and even

Morales - Maidana Round 5 ...Maidana came out like a monster trying to KO or stop Morales and Morales schooled him ...
and gave us a glimpse of his old self
Old 06-23-2011, 12:34 PM
Victorious713
Interim Champion

Rep Power: 6 Victorious713 has a reputation beyond reputeVictorious713 has a reputation beyond reputeVictorious713 has a reputation beyond reputeVictorious713 has a reputation beyond reputeVictorious713 has a reputation beyond reputeVictorious713 has a reputation beyond reputeVictorious713 has a reputation beyond reputeVictorious713 has a reputation beyond reputeVictorious713 has a reputation beyond reputeVictorious713 has a reputation beyond reputeVictorious713 has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 39,404.75

Just this year, Morales and his performance against Maidana. Man, that was truly inspiring.
Old 06-23-2011, 01:20 PM
El Pistolero
Interim Champion

Rep Power: 6 El Pistolero has a reputation beyond reputeEl Pistolero has a reputation beyond reputeEl Pistolero has a reputation beyond reputeEl Pistolero has a reputation beyond reputeEl Pistolero has a reputation beyond reputeEl Pistolero has a reputation beyond reputeEl Pistolero has a reputation beyond reputeEl Pistolero has a reputation beyond reputeEl Pistolero has a reputation beyond reputeEl Pistolero has a reputation beyond reputeEl Pistolero has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 1,014,000,001,011,494.25
Hilarious - jas 

2 things I think at this instance

1) Mike Tyson - how a man who was viewed by the media and cynics alike as a crazed madman who was psychotic and emotionless managed to turn his entire life around 180 degrees to one that's pretty much a lovable figure now

2) Bernard Hopkins. His entire life story. Nuff said.