Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Boxing History
Thread Navigation

Old 06-25-2011, 09:33 AM
The Surgeon
Days Of Glory

Rep Power: 56 The Surgeon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Surgeon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Surgeon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Surgeon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Surgeon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Surgeon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Surgeon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Surgeon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Surgeon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Surgeon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Surgeon has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 405,773,734,222.81
Total Points: 200,518,758,511,760.47
Happy 18th  Birthday, Braveheart - jreckoning Yes, Cheers Amigo! - anonymousboxing Thanks for your support - Massage Queen toasting the anglo-scottish alliance - mr.crust Cotto = The man - Animalistic 
Keep visiting the History Section man! - Barnburner To one of  the really good guys in the History section. - Terry A For my best boxing scene mate - BigStereotype Who the ***k is HALGER ????? - McGoorty I know how much the scottish love their flowers so I thought I'd be nice and get you one. - eli porter 
congrats on your first article for KO Digest - fitefanSHO Green :) - dancovboxer cheers - hhs661 CHEERS MATE !!! - BERNIE'S CORNER jaja! pa la victoria de cotto! - Sin City 
For Cotto! - 120 Cheers - typeone Happy New Year! - Scott9945 Cpngrats - typeone Merry Christmas! - TartanSoldier 
Autism - The Surgeon Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - The Surgeon Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - The Surgeon Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - The Surgeon 

Haye in 5 or 6 rounds. I like his speed and agility to get him past the Klitchko jab and he has the balls / ambition to unload the big shots and the power to score the KO. I actually think he will try to box a bit like Groves did vs DeGale at first, use raiding tactics in and out and ultimately end it with a right hand bomb over the top....

I cant see a great action fight but due to the occasion, the fact its such a huge HW fight and the sheer power in there along with the lack of chins will create a super tense and exciting edge to the bout and i cannot ****in wait!

Wlads the fav and rightly so everything points to him winning but i just feel like the underdog can pull it off this time
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 06-25-2011, 09:36 AM
IronDanHamza
IronDanHamza

Rep Power: 71 IronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 5,561,316,245,539,341.00
Total Points: 15,590,536,361,703,304.00
One of the best posters on the site. - Barnburner medal of honor - New England For ur award winning thread buddy - The Surgeon For getting more than 80% on my quiz. - Barnburner Super-Poster - McGoorty 
You have excellent boxing knowledge keep sharing! - rorymac Prize for thread contributions - McGoorty Merry Crimbo - The Surgeon for the facts... - Alx. Thanks for joining the discussion in my thread about GF's and boxing, its nice to hear everyones experiences with being a fan of the sport!!! - Atreyu Khalil 
Cool dude - BoxingGenius27 Happy New Year - Freedom. on the house... - mathed IronDanHamza knows boxing! - LoadedWraps Your unconditional love for Floyd - Freedom2014 
your unconditional love for Floyd - Freedom2014 
Lou Gehrig's Disease (ALS) - New England Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Barnburner Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - Barnburner 

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Surgeon View Post
Haye in 5 or 6 rounds. I like his speed and agility to get him past the Klitchko jab and he has the balls / ambition to unload the big shots and the power to score the KO. I actually think he will try to box a bit like Groves did vs DeGale at first, use raiding tactics in and out and ultimately end it with a right hand bomb over the top....

I cant see a great action fight but due to the occasion, the fact its such a huge HW fight and the sheer power in there along with the lack of chins will create a super tense and exciting edge to the bout and i cannot ****in wait!

Wlads the fav and rightly so everything points to him winning but i just feel like the underdog can pull it off this time
You're such a Nationalistic bastard, Surgeon
Old 06-25-2011, 10:27 AM
BigStereotype
#1 Knicks Fan

Rep Power: 54 BigStereotype has a reputation beyond reputeBigStereotype has a reputation beyond reputeBigStereotype has a reputation beyond reputeBigStereotype has a reputation beyond reputeBigStereotype has a reputation beyond reputeBigStereotype has a reputation beyond reputeBigStereotype has a reputation beyond reputeBigStereotype has a reputation beyond reputeBigStereotype has a reputation beyond reputeBigStereotype has a reputation beyond reputeBigStereotype has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 268,929,906,590.57
Total Points: 470,930,134,782.88
Very Good poster. - Barnburner Keep up the good posts. - Barnburner BURRRRRRRRR! - Natedatpkid 100% solid - The Surgeon another useless dothraki clown, here savage - Ether 
Heres a Fish! - The Surgeon :) - MANIAC310 Merry Christmas - The Surgeon Merry Christmas - The Surgeon No problem bro, thanks.. Knicks will be fine. - Fresno 
Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Barnburner Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Ether 

Quote:

10 Million on Klitschko?
Old 06-25-2011, 10:34 AM
New England
Strong champion.

Rep Power: 108 New England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 224,117,456,054,261.19
Total Points: 230,120,137,731,406.53
for a great poster! - sweetpea87 Drinks on me brother - BoxingGenius27 I hate boxing too, lmaaoooooooooooo - Sweet Pea 50 thanks for the green...always enjoy reading your post...green you once I can again... - jose830 great poster award - jazluvr 
Merry Christmas bro. Kick back and enjoy. Surround yourself with your loved ones and have a cold one. - deanrw Happy Holidays  New England - !! AI-Holmes!! Ma nigguh, you should come to Ol' England. - D-MiZe for entering the weed thread! - HUGH JASS BoxingScene's Educator-in-chief - Dr Rumack 
i didn't know you live in that area affected, my heart goes out to you...stay strong homie - jose830 #freeNewEnglang - thuggery Coming home on parole brew. - Sweet Pea 50 top poster and cool story in my thread of how you first joined boxingscene. - HUGH JASS happy independence day you zulu warrior!!! - HUGH JASS 
For the fitness and nutrition advice, thanks. - jas A top poster - jas For being a roided up freakazoid - Cuauhtémoc1520 ugly arms - -Weltschmerz- 44 posts late.Happy 29,000 post - HughJass 
Childhood Cancer - khepesh Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - jazluvr World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - jose830 Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - jose830 World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -jose- 
Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - -jose- Childhood Cancer - sugarsmosley World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - HughJass AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - jas World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - sugarsmosley 
Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - jas Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - -jose- 

Quote:
Originally Posted by It's Ovah View Post
Provided they both come in, in top condition, with no nagging injuries, clear heads and stick to their gameplans, then Wlad will win. Even if Wlad isn't 100% he should still win as I feel the gulf in skill level and experience is great enough to allow him some margin for error. Haye is simply far too raw and inexperienced at heavyweight to take out a guy like Wlad, and makes so many errors that Wlad is bound to capitalise at some point or other.

- He keeps his hands down but doesn't possess the defensive prowess or punch awareness to avoid a solid jab. And Wlad has the best in the division.

- He can't fight well going backwards; the only shot he can throw with decent power and accuracy on the backfoot is the right uppercut, and that will be hard to land against a much taller fighter like Wlad. The right against Ruiz was a bit of an anomaly and it didn't end the fight. In general, pressure fighters cause him problems.

- He wings his power punches and leaves himself massively exposed and off balance. That shouldn't be too dangerous against Wlad, but it's not exactly a good thing either. It's also physically draining.

- He switches off for large portions of the fight and circles the ring doing very little. He also allows himself to be dictated to during this time if his opponent presses the action.

Even if Haye were to land something and stun Wlad, I'm not confident in his ability to end things. In the past when Haye had a fighter hurt he lost all semblance of technique and accuracy and just swarmed them with street-fighter type punches till they fell to the floor. This has worked thus far, but Wlad despite his less than iron chin is quite tricky to absolutely take out. His height coupled with his clinch reflex tends to take the sting off a lot of the punches and cause guys to wear themselves out. Fighters in the past had to consistently hit him clean on the jaw and put him down multiple times before the ref stopped things. Even Sanders didn't take him out with one shot. Haye's capable of finishing things if he keeps his cool, but he'll have to land an almighty shot to start it off, and keep his cool till the end. I think in his excitement he'll smother his shots and burn himself out.

Most likely outcome is that Wlad weathers an early storm, establishes his jab and takes Haye out somewhere in the mid to late rounds.

I'm planning on betting money on this fight, so be assured these are my honest thoughts on the matter.

once again, nice breakdown on a HW fight, bro

i agree completely with the bold part

you cant deflate the pace of a fight with haye's style. and you really cant turn the heat up for any extended periods with it either. you're hoping to land big and capitalize and finish.
how is he going to slow wladimir's roll if he wont throw punches and take his jab away?
especially when you don't have an honest HW jab of your own..

haye's HW gameplan is going to keep him at the end of wlad's jab all night. horrible idea.

haye throws 15-20 punches a round on a good day

that's music to wladimir's ears
he can deal with the one punch and tie him up all night if he gets close

the way to beat wladimir if he doesn't gas out is to catch up to him and make him fight... and make him gas out
that's just not happening if haye goes out business as usual at HW and throws so few punches and combinations

this is going to sound crazy
but i'd compare this fight to bernard and pascal in terms of the intentions of both fighters

pascal's just not the type of fighter to turn the heat up on bernard and either get to him and break him down enough
or score the pts he needs to win

he had a punchers chance and that's what made the fight exciting, but otherwise he was taylor made for hopkins

exactly the same situation is going to come about in haye-wladimir
hay's got almost nothing going for him outside of the punchers chance, and is almost garanteed to take a beating while he hopes and prays for one big punch
Old 06-26-2011, 09:20 AM
The Surgeon
Days Of Glory

Rep Power: 56 The Surgeon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Surgeon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Surgeon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Surgeon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Surgeon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Surgeon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Surgeon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Surgeon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Surgeon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Surgeon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Surgeon has a reputation beyond repute
Happy 18th  Birthday, Braveheart - jreckoning Yes, Cheers Amigo! - anonymousboxing Thanks for your support - Massage Queen toasting the anglo-scottish alliance - mr.crust Cotto = The man - Animalistic 
Keep visiting the History Section man! - Barnburner To one of  the really good guys in the History section. - Terry A For my best boxing scene mate - BigStereotype Who the ***k is HALGER ????? - McGoorty I know how much the scottish love their flowers so I thought I'd be nice and get you one. - eli porter 
congrats on your first article for KO Digest - fitefanSHO Green :) - dancovboxer cheers - hhs661 CHEERS MATE !!! - BERNIE'S CORNER jaja! pa la victoria de cotto! - Sin City 
For Cotto! - 120 Cheers - typeone Happy New Year! - Scott9945 Cpngrats - typeone Merry Christmas! - TartanSoldier 
Autism - The Surgeon Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - The Surgeon Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - The Surgeon Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - The Surgeon 

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronDanHamza View Post
You're such a Nationalistic bastard, Surgeon
Lol sue me!

Nah seriously its not that im sold on Haye its just that i think Wlad is a whatever fighter, nothing special. I know Klitchko has the size advantage along with experiance and is fighting on home soil (basically) but he's beatable. I think Haye can Knock him cold
Old 06-26-2011, 09:22 AM
The Surgeon
Days Of Glory

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigStereotype View Post
10 Million on Klitschko?
Where u get all those points man?

Umm call it 5mill just for fun coz im not overly confident
Old 06-26-2011, 09:26 AM
BigStereotype
#1 Knicks Fan

Rep Power: 54 BigStereotype has a reputation beyond reputeBigStereotype has a reputation beyond reputeBigStereotype has a reputation beyond reputeBigStereotype has a reputation beyond reputeBigStereotype has a reputation beyond reputeBigStereotype has a reputation beyond reputeBigStereotype has a reputation beyond reputeBigStereotype has a reputation beyond reputeBigStereotype has a reputation beyond reputeBigStereotype has a reputation beyond reputeBigStereotype has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 268,929,906,590.57
Total Points: 470,930,134,782.88
Very Good poster. - Barnburner Keep up the good posts. - Barnburner BURRRRRRRRR! - Natedatpkid 100% solid - The Surgeon another useless dothraki clown, here savage - Ether 
Heres a Fish! - The Surgeon :) - MANIAC310 Merry Christmas - The Surgeon Merry Christmas - The Surgeon No problem bro, thanks.. Knicks will be fine. - Fresno 
Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Barnburner Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Ether 

Quote:
Where u get all those points man?

Umm call it 5mill just for fun coz im not overly confident
To be honest, I'm not really sure haha I guess I'm a pretty decent gambler. And I'll take that bet.
Old 06-26-2011, 09:40 AM
The Surgeon
Days Of Glory

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigStereotype View Post
To be honest, I'm not really sure haha I guess I'm a pretty decent gambler. And I'll take that bet.
Done deal.

What u doin for the fight? I cant get Box Office at my house so i can either stay in with the missus and stream it, have a few cold ones and that or hit the pub for it or go to my mates and watch it with the lads...

Tough choice, u cant hear **** in the pub, u miss loads when everyones jumping about pissed at the house but streams can be dodgy!!!
Old 06-26-2011, 10:19 AM
IronDanHamza
IronDanHamza

Rep Power: 71 IronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 5,561,316,245,539,341.00
Total Points: 15,590,536,361,703,304.00
One of the best posters on the site. - Barnburner medal of honor - New England For ur award winning thread buddy - The Surgeon For getting more than 80% on my quiz. - Barnburner Super-Poster - McGoorty 
You have excellent boxing knowledge keep sharing! - rorymac Prize for thread contributions - McGoorty Merry Crimbo - The Surgeon for the facts... - Alx. Thanks for joining the discussion in my thread about GF's and boxing, its nice to hear everyones experiences with being a fan of the sport!!! - Atreyu Khalil 
Cool dude - BoxingGenius27 Happy New Year - Freedom. on the house... - mathed IronDanHamza knows boxing! - LoadedWraps Your unconditional love for Floyd - Freedom2014 
your unconditional love for Floyd - Freedom2014 
Lou Gehrig's Disease (ALS) - New England Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Barnburner Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - Barnburner 

Quote:
Lol sue me!

Nah seriously its not that im sold on Haye its just that i think Wlad is a whatever fighter, nothing special. I know Klitchko has the size advantage along with experiance and is fighting on home soil (basically) but he's beatable. I think Haye can Knock him cold

I think Haye can win if he catches him and hurts him early.

But, I doubt it.
Old 06-26-2011, 01:09 PM
Scott9945
Gonna be more suspicious

Rep Power: 76 Scott9945 has a reputation beyond reputeScott9945 has a reputation beyond reputeScott9945 has a reputation beyond reputeScott9945 has a reputation beyond reputeScott9945 has a reputation beyond reputeScott9945 has a reputation beyond reputeScott9945 has a reputation beyond reputeScott9945 has a reputation beyond reputeScott9945 has a reputation beyond reputeScott9945 has a reputation beyond reputeScott9945 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 6,425,975,035,880,052.00
Total Points: 6,437,255,087,191,805.00
not sure if u drink beer so i bought u a pepsi - writeright you're ok with me too bro - Left Hook Tua a bribe for free porn. lol - Left Hook Tua Cheers - T-97 Meant to send this to you earlier but sent to myself by mistake lol. Cheers - joseph5620 
First round on me - mrpain81 8K Posts - T-97 You're killing them in the political debates! lol. - joseph5620 Cheers amigo - anonymousboxing Have a tuna melt homey - mangler 
for being a heavyweight in history section - led top poster - JAB5239 Great poster. - Barnburner Yes lets ban the troll - McGoorty In honor of Joe Frazier - Terry A 
Merry Christmas - The Surgeon good poster - jazluvr thanks for the swift e-points payment - jas one of the great posters in the history forum - jas for a year of quality posts in 2014 - jas 

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronDanHamza View Post

I think Haye can win if he catches him and hurts him early.

But, I doubt it.

That's my feeling too. Haye could win, but I just can't pick him to. But Haye's speed and power make him the livest opposition Wladimir has seen in quite awhile.