Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Boxing History
Thread Navigation

Old 12-25-2007, 07:11 PM
Sweet Pete
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 10 Sweet Pete has a reputation beyond reputeSweet Pete has a reputation beyond reputeSweet Pete has a reputation beyond reputeSweet Pete has a reputation beyond reputeSweet Pete has a reputation beyond reputeSweet Pete has a reputation beyond reputeSweet Pete has a reputation beyond reputeSweet Pete has a reputation beyond reputeSweet Pete has a reputation beyond reputeSweet Pete has a reputation beyond reputeSweet Pete has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 20,275.29
Default Who was the real "Mr. Unstoppable?"

We're not talking Roy Jones, so matter how vigorously he claimed it in his song. And we're not talking the guy with the best chin neccessarily. We're talking about the guy, who, whether due to chin, recooperation and savvy, or just pure defensive skills, was the fighter you simply can't see being stopped at his weight.

There are quite a few for me: Hagler, Monzon, Robinson, Ali, Whitaker, Mayweather, Gavilan, Greb, Hopkins, Toney, Pryor, maybe a few more.

Whatcha think?

Last edited by Sweet Pete; 12-25-2007 at 08:27 PM.
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 12-25-2007, 07:29 PM
TheGreatA
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 42 TheGreatA has a reputation beyond reputeTheGreatA has a reputation beyond reputeTheGreatA has a reputation beyond reputeTheGreatA has a reputation beyond reputeTheGreatA has a reputation beyond reputeTheGreatA has a reputation beyond reputeTheGreatA has a reputation beyond reputeTheGreatA has a reputation beyond reputeTheGreatA has a reputation beyond reputeTheGreatA has a reputation beyond reputeTheGreatA has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 210,063,662,049.93
Total Points: 211,063,910,460.79
To a great poster!! - abosworth great poster. - Melly-Mel For finding the Guzman stream, when nobody else could. - The_Bringer Just wanted to keep the pattern going Machine - danc1984 One of NSBs best contributors - BostonGuy 
7000 posts, congrats!! - JAB5239 To the LinkMaster! - S a m u r a i Respects to a great poster - Gift Of Gab Props on the picture! :lol1: - Spacey1991 Jussi Jääskeläinen - ЯiZО 
For Busting Rafael Benitez aka Slimey Limey - poet682006 To Celebrate The Exposure Of Rafael Benitez aka Slimey Limey - poet682006 thanks for the lesson! - mellow_mood This gift is for the videos you posted on my Tyson/Patterson thread a while back.  I recently noticed you posted some great interview videos of Patterson on the thread which I missed at the time because I didn’t follow up on checking the responses. - Benny Leonard For doing a great Glen Johnson highlight video! - St Lion 
To a great historian - Stoppage Good debate. No hard feelings. - Method Checker HERES TO YOU LEFTY - markbnlv Thanks for sharing your boxing knowledge. - Talisayen No Message - dancovboxer 
Hepatitis C - BattlingNelson World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - MARKBNLV 

Although Chuvalo and 'Tex' Cobb were stopped I doubt many could knock them out.

I think anyone can be stopped past their prime (Ali, Whitaker, Robinson, Pryor from that list were) but some of the guys would probably never be truly knocked out, maybe stopped on injuries and cuts but not KO'd.

A great defensive fighter like Whitaker is almost impossible to knock out. Even Tito couldn't do it when Whitaker was coked up and past his prime so I doubt anyone could.

Ali could take any shot and recover. Frazier wore him down with bodyshots for 15 rounds and hit him with a flush left hook, knocked him down and Ali got up after 2 seconds. He took hits from Shavers, Foreman and Liston, so I doubt he could be KO'd.

Robinson was knocked down many times but was never out. He actually started fighting even harder when he was hurt. The only time he was stopped in his long career was against a LHW because of exhaustion.

Hagler's head was a rock. Hearns hit as hard as anyone and when he punched Hagler his right hand broke.
Old 12-25-2007, 07:29 PM
jadagod
Contender

Total Points: 23,514.62

i think james toney should be on that list!!
Old 12-25-2007, 07:36 PM
TheGreatA
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 42 TheGreatA has a reputation beyond reputeTheGreatA has a reputation beyond reputeTheGreatA has a reputation beyond reputeTheGreatA has a reputation beyond reputeTheGreatA has a reputation beyond reputeTheGreatA has a reputation beyond reputeTheGreatA has a reputation beyond reputeTheGreatA has a reputation beyond reputeTheGreatA has a reputation beyond reputeTheGreatA has a reputation beyond reputeTheGreatA has a reputation beyond repute
To a great poster!! - abosworth great poster. - Melly-Mel For finding the Guzman stream, when nobody else could. - The_Bringer Just wanted to keep the pattern going Machine - danc1984 One of NSBs best contributors - BostonGuy 
7000 posts, congrats!! - JAB5239 To the LinkMaster! - S a m u r a i Respects to a great poster - Gift Of Gab Props on the picture! :lol1: - Spacey1991 Jussi Jääskeläinen - ЯiZО 
For Busting Rafael Benitez aka Slimey Limey - poet682006 To Celebrate The Exposure Of Rafael Benitez aka Slimey Limey - poet682006 thanks for the lesson! - mellow_mood This gift is for the videos you posted on my Tyson/Patterson thread a while back.  I recently noticed you posted some great interview videos of Patterson on the thread which I missed at the time because I didn’t follow up on checking the responses. - Benny Leonard For doing a great Glen Johnson highlight video! - St Lion 
To a great historian - Stoppage Good debate. No hard feelings. - Method Checker HERES TO YOU LEFTY - markbnlv Thanks for sharing your boxing knowledge. - Talisayen No Message - dancovboxer 
Hepatitis C - BattlingNelson World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - MARKBNLV 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jadagod View Post
Toney too he went up from middleweight to heavyweight and was never stopped and hardly ever knocked down legitimately (once by Reggie Johnson and the humiliating KD against RJJ, the Peter knockdown wasn't much). His defensive skills and his hard head make him almost unstoppable.

But if he keeps fighting past his prime someone is eventually going to stop him. Toney should just quit.
Old 12-25-2007, 07:49 PM
Azteca
Banned

Rep Power: 0 Azteca has a reputation beyond reputeAzteca has a reputation beyond reputeAzteca has a reputation beyond reputeAzteca has a reputation beyond reputeAzteca has a reputation beyond reputeAzteca has a reputation beyond reputeAzteca has a reputation beyond reputeAzteca has a reputation beyond reputeAzteca has a reputation beyond reputeAzteca has a reputation beyond reputeAzteca has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 121,824.70

No one's unstoppable. Thats my two cents.

Old 12-25-2007, 08:11 PM
RightHandLead
Banned

Rep Power: 0 RightHandLead has a reputation beyond reputeRightHandLead has a reputation beyond reputeRightHandLead has a reputation beyond reputeRightHandLead has a reputation beyond reputeRightHandLead has a reputation beyond reputeRightHandLead has a reputation beyond reputeRightHandLead has a reputation beyond reputeRightHandLead has a reputation beyond reputeRightHandLead has a reputation beyond reputeRightHandLead has a reputation beyond reputeRightHandLead has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 20,808.14

Marvin Hagler.
Old 12-25-2007, 08:20 PM
TheGreatA
Undisputed Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azteca View Post

That's no fun. Atleast we can argue about who is the MOST unstoppable.
Old 12-25-2007, 08:27 PM
Sweet Pete
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 10 Sweet Pete has a reputation beyond reputeSweet Pete has a reputation beyond reputeSweet Pete has a reputation beyond reputeSweet Pete has a reputation beyond reputeSweet Pete has a reputation beyond reputeSweet Pete has a reputation beyond reputeSweet Pete has a reputation beyond reputeSweet Pete has a reputation beyond reputeSweet Pete has a reputation beyond reputeSweet Pete has a reputation beyond reputeSweet Pete has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jadagod View Post
Yup, one I forgot.
Old 12-25-2007, 08:27 PM
Sweet Pete
Undisputed Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azteca View Post

So who do you think could stop Hagler or Monzon at MW?
Old 12-25-2007, 08:31 PM
Azteca
Banned

Rep Power: 0 Azteca has a reputation beyond reputeAzteca has a reputation beyond reputeAzteca has a reputation beyond reputeAzteca has a reputation beyond reputeAzteca has a reputation beyond reputeAzteca has a reputation beyond reputeAzteca has a reputation beyond reputeAzteca has a reputation beyond reputeAzteca has a reputation beyond reputeAzteca has a reputation beyond reputeAzteca has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 121,824.70

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Pete View Post
So who do you think could stop Hagler or Monzon at MW?
Uhh Hagler could stop Monzon and vice versa. No one is unstoppable not named Rocky Marciano.