Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing
View Poll Results: do you give him credit
yes 43 45.74%
no 51 54.26%
Voters: 94. You may not vote on this poll

Thread Navigation

Old 06-16-2011, 01:11 PM
The Big Dunn
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 51 The Big Dunn has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Dunn has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Dunn has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Dunn has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Dunn has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Dunn has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Dunn has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Dunn has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Dunn has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Dunn has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Dunn has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 24,724,166,322,321.87
Total Points: 24,735,166,901,121.05
Have some! - Tamis_Siensya respect you as a poster, keep it up champ! - Atreyu Khalil cheers! - JAB5239 Your UNCONDITIONAL love for Floyd - Freedom. couldnt green you so heres a medal for your bravery against the tards lol - Rapid Counter 
No Message - Sugar Booger ;) - QuebecSTAR2 

Quote:
Originally Posted by LarryX2011 View Post
no 1's beat him like that....floyd won every round..do you give him credit?
Credit yes, Respect no. To me they are different. Floyd gets credit for the win but the 144 weight and the $600k for the 2lbs over was simply the bigger draw exerting too much influence over the parameters of the fight.
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 06-16-2011, 01:12 PM
New England
Strong champion.

Rep Power: 108 New England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 224,117,456,054,261.19
Total Points: 230,120,137,731,222.53
for a great poster! - sweetpea87 Drinks on me brother - BoxingGenius27 I hate boxing too, lmaaoooooooooooo - Sweet Pea 50 thanks for the green...always enjoy reading your post...green you once I can again... - jose830 great poster award - jazluvr 
Merry Christmas bro. Kick back and enjoy. Surround yourself with your loved ones and have a cold one. - deanrw Happy Holidays  New England - !! AI-Holmes!! Ma nigguh, you should come to Ol' England. - D-MiZe for entering the weed thread! - HUGH JASS BoxingScene's Educator-in-chief - Dr Rumack 
i didn't know you live in that area affected, my heart goes out to you...stay strong homie - jose830 #freeNewEnglang - thuggery Coming home on parole brew. - Sweet Pea 50 top poster and cool story in my thread of how you first joined boxingscene. - HUGH JASS happy independence day you zulu warrior!!! - HUGH JASS 
For the fitness and nutrition advice, thanks. - jas A top poster - jas For being a roided up freakazoid - Cuauhtémoc1520 ugly arms - -Weltschmerz- 44 posts late.Happy 29,000 post - HughJass 
Childhood Cancer - khepesh Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - jazluvr World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - jose830 Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - jose830 World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -jose- 
Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - -jose- Childhood Cancer - sugarsmosley World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - HughJass AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - jas World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - sugarsmosley 
Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - jas Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - -jose- 

Quote:
Originally Posted by LarryX2011 View Post
no 1's beat him like that....floyd won every round..do you give him credit?

hardly any

marquez is a small lightweight and floyd still missed his weight
he tried to stop him and was unable

marquez has taken far more severe beatings in victory and defeat

not impressed.

he's one of the best boxers to ever live
but that's hardly a showcase for ATG skills (going against a career FW as a WW at the end of his career)
Old 06-16-2011, 01:13 PM
The Big Dunn
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 51 The Big Dunn has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Dunn has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Dunn has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Dunn has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Dunn has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Dunn has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Dunn has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Dunn has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Dunn has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Dunn has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Dunn has a reputation beyond repute
Have some! - Tamis_Siensya respect you as a poster, keep it up champ! - Atreyu Khalil cheers! - JAB5239 Your UNCONDITIONAL love for Floyd - Freedom. couldnt green you so heres a medal for your bravery against the tards lol - Rapid Counter 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaner0919 View Post
no and why should we? You can make a lot of great techinical fighters seem mortal by putting them beyond their ceiling in terms of weight class. JMM had no business being at 144 and before you or anyone claim fight night weight being the same explain to me why JMM promptly went back down to 135 right after this fight

Mayweather gets no credit from me I knew he would dominate I knew it was too much for JMM to handle and the result was totally what I expected
Interesting point. I made a somewhat similar point to IMDAZED about PAc and Cotto. Cotto said 145 was no big deal but after the Manny fight he never fopught at 147 again. So to me
Old 06-16-2011, 01:14 PM
The Big Dunn
Undisputed Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAKYO View Post
No. I expected a lot more but he didn't deliver as what he was yakking/promising...bs fight and to think he had the nerve to cheat jmm...
How did he cheat JMM? He paid him the $600k for being 2lbs over. He honored the terms of the contract. Of course the only reason JMM agreed to that was because he was making his biggest payday ever.
Old 06-16-2011, 01:17 PM
Phil Ivey
No Home Jerome

Rep Power: 10 Phil Ivey has a reputation beyond reputePhil Ivey has a reputation beyond reputePhil Ivey has a reputation beyond reputePhil Ivey has a reputation beyond reputePhil Ivey has a reputation beyond reputePhil Ivey has a reputation beyond reputePhil Ivey has a reputation beyond reputePhil Ivey has a reputation beyond reputePhil Ivey has a reputation beyond reputePhil Ivey has a reputation beyond reputePhil Ivey has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 920,073,818,106.48
Total Points: 930,073,876,680.03

Don't give him credit for beating a lightweight but the fact remains he gave JMM a boxing lesson, and JMM is probably is the top 3 boxers today with the highest ring IQ. I would've liked to see Floyd at least fight him @ 140 but he's a solid 147 pounder now days. Still I pick Floyd beating him at any weight class, I believe JMM deep down knows that too.
Old 06-16-2011, 01:19 PM
Drunk Punch
In Asian

Rep Power: 20 Drunk Punch has a reputation beyond reputeDrunk Punch has a reputation beyond reputeDrunk Punch has a reputation beyond reputeDrunk Punch has a reputation beyond reputeDrunk Punch has a reputation beyond reputeDrunk Punch has a reputation beyond reputeDrunk Punch has a reputation beyond reputeDrunk Punch has a reputation beyond reputeDrunk Punch has a reputation beyond reputeDrunk Punch has a reputation beyond reputeDrunk Punch has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 730,266,919,511.98
Total Points: 750,317,018,326.59
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - bearman3000 

I do give him credit but JMM looked tiny compared to Floyd, it was obvious that nothing he could do was going to bother Floyd.
Old 06-16-2011, 01:20 PM
waxfondler
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 0 waxfondler is infamous around these partswaxfondler is infamous around these partswaxfondler is infamous around these partswaxfondler is infamous around these partswaxfondler is infamous around these partswaxfondler is infamous around these partswaxfondler is infamous around these partswaxfondler is infamous around these partswaxfondler is infamous around these partswaxfondler is infamous around these partswaxfondler is infamous around these parts
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 37,133.09

context is everything...

• CONTEXT 1 = floyd dominating #2 p4p as first fight after retirement: YES credit

• CONTEXT 2 = having a LW gain 20lbs in a training camp to a catchweight that floyd didnt even stick to (jmm losing speed & timing... essential for his counter-punching style): NO credit

so keeping things UNBIASED, i think it was a great display for floyd... it showcased his impeccable timing and ring IQ. a VERY solid win for floyd.

BUT... considering the circumstances, one CANNOT overlook the obvious handicap... at the announcement of the fight, EVERYONE knew it was going to be a mismatch (not a knock on jmm, but more on the reality of weightclasses).

so yeah, floyd gets credit but it shouldnt be exaggerated.... thats like giving pac too much credit for beating oscar.
Old 06-16-2011, 01:20 PM
Toney Loc
Banned

Rep Power: 0 Toney Loc has a reputation beyond reputeToney Loc has a reputation beyond reputeToney Loc has a reputation beyond reputeToney Loc has a reputation beyond reputeToney Loc has a reputation beyond reputeToney Loc has a reputation beyond reputeToney Loc has a reputation beyond reputeToney Loc has a reputation beyond reputeToney Loc has a reputation beyond reputeToney Loc has a reputation beyond reputeToney Loc has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 3,479.24
Total Points: 89,918.92
Something to eat while you play Digimon - -Kevin- for you mj - project xxx1 Wesley is a playa.. - -Jack- No Message - -veteran420- Wesley still has a Champions League medal to cherish!! - Disposable Arts 
10,000 - Clyde Barrow Haha, you are unbanned :D :D :D - Poor Lad Thanks - Silencers for you bro - project xxx1 merry xmas - Subtraction 
For after you stare at French beezies. - Shadows For Ihop Homie... - Lazerjab for the MULA yo! - Lazerjab thank you - xi! study hard :) - - v e t - 
for your teacher - - v e t - study hard - - v e t - thx homey, heres for when you're sobering up!! - - v e t - Thanks homes happy new year!!! - Lazerjab Happy New Year, mate! - Monkz 
Lou Gehrig's Disease (ALS) - street bully Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - mangler Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - mangler Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Sox8055 Myasthenia Gravis - Ovarian Cancer - Sexual Assault - Substance Abuse - mangler 
Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - mangler Cultural Diversity - Hunger - Leukemia - Lupus - Melanoma - Racial Tolerance - Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome - Self Injury - mangler Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - mangler Alzheimer's - Crohn's & Colitis - Cystic Fibrosis - Domestic Violence - Fibromyalgia - Leimyosarcoma - Lupus - mangler Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - mangler 
Childhood Cancer - mangler Aphasia - Asthma/Allergies - Brain Cancer - Brain Tumors - Diabetes - Mental Illness - mangler Hodgkin's Disease - Testicular Cancer - mangler Head and Neck Cancer - mangler Gay and Lesbian Pride - Left Banned Tua 
Childhood Cancer - Clyde Barrow Childhood Cancer - QUELOQUE Cultural Diversity - Hunger - Leukemia - Lupus - Melanoma - Racial Tolerance - Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome - Self Injury - Shadows Cultural Diversity - Hunger - Leukemia - Lupus - Melanoma - Racial Tolerance - Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome - Self Injury - Shadows Cultural Diversity - Hunger - Leukemia - Lupus - Melanoma - Racial Tolerance - Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome - Self Injury - Shadows 

That fight never happened.
Old 06-16-2011, 01:22 PM
jiraiyasama
Contender

Rep Power: 5 jiraiyasama has a reputation beyond reputejiraiyasama has a reputation beyond reputejiraiyasama has a reputation beyond reputejiraiyasama has a reputation beyond reputejiraiyasama has a reputation beyond reputejiraiyasama has a reputation beyond reputejiraiyasama has a reputation beyond reputejiraiyasama has a reputation beyond reputejiraiyasama has a reputation beyond reputejiraiyasama has a reputation beyond reputejiraiyasama has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 30,525.15

credit, uhh yeah a lil bit but respect definitely no..floyd still cheated on the scales against a lightweight.
Old 06-16-2011, 01:24 PM
Travdog
Contender

Rep Power: 0 Travdog is infamous around these partsTravdog is infamous around these partsTravdog is infamous around these partsTravdog is infamous around these partsTravdog is infamous around these partsTravdog is infamous around these partsTravdog is infamous around these partsTravdog is infamous around these partsTravdog is infamous around these partsTravdog is infamous around these partsTravdog is infamous around these parts
Total Points: 47,278.46

Floyd will only get credit for the Corrales win nothing less....He's too good to get props. The only chance he gets props for this win is if JMM has a life and death battle with Manny, but still people wil find a way to discredit him