Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Boxing History
Thread Navigation

Old 06-15-2011, 11:45 AM
IronDanHamza
IronDanHamza

Rep Power: 66 IronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,284,591,019,772,527.00
Total Points: 1,313,811,135,895,505.50
One of the best posters on the site. - Barnburner medal of honor - New England For ur award winning thread buddy - The Surgeon For getting more than 80% on my quiz. - Barnburner Super-Poster - McGoorty 
You have excellent boxing knowledge keep sharing! - rorymac Prize for thread contributions - McGoorty Merry Crimbo - The Surgeon for the facts... - Alx. Thanks for joining the discussion in my thread about GF's and boxing, its nice to hear everyones experiences with being a fan of the sport!!! - Atreyu Khalil 
Cool dude - BoxingGenius27 Happy New Year - Freedom. on the house... - mathed IronDanHamza knows boxing! - LoadedWraps 
Lou Gehrig's Disease (ALS) - New England Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Barnburner Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - Barnburner 

Quote:
Originally Posted by led's baby mama View Post
That's how significant it was though. White people use to think they were that much superior to blacks that even if they took 10-20 years off they still should always be able to whip a black man. Jack Johnson put that to sleep real fast and put blacks at an almost equal playing feild.
That's a good point.

The odds were pro White and Jefferies was the favourite regardless to the fact he really shouldn't havbe been solely due to being a great white Champion.

Which shows the significance of this fight. Which was, in all fairness, pretty huge and a turning point in history so to speak. A start, at least.

Last edited by IronDanHamza; 06-15-2011 at 05:29 PM.
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 06-15-2011, 04:58 PM
$BloodyNate$
GUCCI

Rep Power: 24 $BloodyNate$ has a reputation beyond repute$BloodyNate$ has a reputation beyond repute$BloodyNate$ has a reputation beyond repute$BloodyNate$ has a reputation beyond repute$BloodyNate$ has a reputation beyond repute$BloodyNate$ has a reputation beyond repute$BloodyNate$ has a reputation beyond repute$BloodyNate$ has a reputation beyond repute$BloodyNate$ has a reputation beyond repute$BloodyNate$ has a reputation beyond repute$BloodyNate$ has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 103,773,131,628.23
Total Points: 103,774,127,683.21
No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest 
No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest 
No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest Happy Birthday :) - Bossy 
Hepatitis C - Spray_resistant 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forza View Post
Oh look mr.black panther is on one of his alts trying to make white people look bad again.

Congratulations to Mr. Johnson for smashing a middle weight (ketchel) and beating an old 5'10 man jeffries.

It's funny today there is no great black hope, considering we probably will never see a black heavyweight champion ever again in boxing now that eastern europeans box.
Seriously?....................................

1. This is not an alt, check my user name history fool.

2. Where not even talking about his resume, where talking about the fight. This has nothing to do with racism or saying Blacks > White or I'm sure 10x brighter guys then yourself like Poet, Irondan, and Jab would have said something by now.

It's the significance of the win because it was in the 1910's where whites and blacks were at war on their own home turf and white people never thought in a million years one of their great champions could lose to a black fighter. It's fact, no racism involved.

Please provide something useful or GTFO and stop trollin'. Not everything has to do with race or be racist scumbag like yourself always believes.
Old 06-15-2011, 05:41 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Life On Mars?

Rep Power: 57 Ziggy Stardust has a reputation beyond reputeZiggy Stardust has a reputation beyond reputeZiggy Stardust has a reputation beyond reputeZiggy Stardust has a reputation beyond reputeZiggy Stardust has a reputation beyond reputeZiggy Stardust has a reputation beyond reputeZiggy Stardust has a reputation beyond reputeZiggy Stardust has a reputation beyond reputeZiggy Stardust has a reputation beyond reputeZiggy Stardust has a reputation beyond reputeZiggy Stardust has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 61,693,724,657,447.23
Total Points: 61,693,724,660,566.41
for you homie, - Tha_Greatest For 'always' making me lol - mickey malone Thanks for the thumbs up! - Holtol BURR! Until I can get you some green... - Bloody$Nate$ U called it -  Classic Klitchko Snoozer! - The Surgeon 
Send a message via Yahoo to Ziggy Stardust

Quote:
Originally Posted by led's baby mama View Post
Seriously?....................................

1. This is not an alt, check my user name history fool.

2. Where not even talking about his resume, where talking about the fight. This has nothing to do with racism or saying Blacks > White or I'm sure 10x brighter guys then yourself like Poet, Irondan, and Jab would have said something by now.

It's the significance of the win because it was in the 1910's where whites and blacks were at war on their own home turf and white people never thought in a million years one of their great champions could lose to a black fighter. It's fact, no racism involved.

Please provide something useful or GTFO and stop trollin'. Not everything has to do with race or be racist scumbag like yourself always believes.
I figured that dpsh1t troll's post would be deleted :chuckle9:

Poet
Old 06-15-2011, 07:58 PM
New England
Heavy Duty

Rep Power: 96 New England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 81,633,219,407,374.62
Total Points: 87,635,901,038,135.42
consistently excellent posts that always strike to the heart of the matter - It's Ovah Congrats on 3000 First Class Posts buddy! - The Surgeon Merry Christmas - The Surgeon for a great poster! - sweetpea87 Drinks on me brother - BoxingGenius27 
I hate boxing too, lmaaoooooooooooo - Sweet Pea 50 thanks for the green...always enjoy reading your post...green you once I can again... - jose830 great poster award - jazluvr Merry Christmas bro. Kick back and enjoy. Surround yourself with your loved ones and have a cold one. - deanrw Happy Holidays  New England - !! AI-Holmes!! 
Ma nigguh, you should come to Ol' England. - D-MiZe for entering the weed thread! - HUGH JASS BoxingScene's Educator-in-chief - Dr Rumack i didn't know you live in that area affected, my heart goes out to you...stay strong homie - jose830 #freeNewEnglang - thuggery 
Coming home on parole brew. - Sweet Pea 50 top poster and cool story in my thread of how you first joined boxingscene. - HUGH JASS happy independence day you zulu warrior!!! - HUGH JASS For the fitness and nutrition advice, thanks. - jas A top poster - jas 
Childhood Cancer - khepesh Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - jazluvr World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - jose830 Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - jose830 World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -jose- 
Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - -jose- Childhood Cancer - sugarsmosley 

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronDanHamza View Post
Max Schmeling wasn't a Nazi as far as I'm aware.
they used him as a propaganda tool but he wasn't in the least bit political

he was so recognizably not a nazi that he came stateside for a tenure as a CocaCola executive in the 50's
Old 06-15-2011, 08:00 PM
$BloodyNate$
GUCCI

Rep Power: 24 $BloodyNate$ has a reputation beyond repute$BloodyNate$ has a reputation beyond repute$BloodyNate$ has a reputation beyond repute$BloodyNate$ has a reputation beyond repute$BloodyNate$ has a reputation beyond repute$BloodyNate$ has a reputation beyond repute$BloodyNate$ has a reputation beyond repute$BloodyNate$ has a reputation beyond repute$BloodyNate$ has a reputation beyond repute$BloodyNate$ has a reputation beyond repute$BloodyNate$ has a reputation beyond repute
No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest Happy Birthday :) - Bossy 

Oh yeah and I don't know if everybody knows I ain't asking whats the biggest fight or whatever, I'm talking the most significant to boxing history. What fight did the most for the sport.
Old 06-15-2011, 09:39 PM
DarkTerror88
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 7 DarkTerror88 has a reputation beyond reputeDarkTerror88 has a reputation beyond reputeDarkTerror88 has a reputation beyond reputeDarkTerror88 has a reputation beyond reputeDarkTerror88 has a reputation beyond reputeDarkTerror88 has a reputation beyond reputeDarkTerror88 has a reputation beyond reputeDarkTerror88 has a reputation beyond reputeDarkTerror88 has a reputation beyond reputeDarkTerror88 has a reputation beyond reputeDarkTerror88 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 135,614,258.80
Good Poster! You need a medal. - "Marvelous" thanks - Toney616 ;) - rorymac In Remembrance..... Smokin' Joe - McGoorty Merry Christmas - The Surgeon 
World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - "Marvelous" Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - "Marvelous" 

Im pretty sure Schmeling hid Jews in his home during WWII but im not 100% sure.
Old 06-15-2011, 10:07 PM
$BloodyNate$
GUCCI

Quote:
TS is a known white hater, his post reeks of hatred against whites. You honestly think every single white person in 1910 living in America thought they were superior to jack johnson?

It did nothing for the sport other than proving a heavyweight can beat an old 5'10 man that would fight at JMW today
hahaha what? Because I don't particularly like Joe Calzaghe makes me a racist? Even though your the one running around "People can't accept the fact Joe Calzgahe(a white man) beat Hopkins, the black man that could never be beaten by a white man". And even in this post "another black will never win a heavyweight title because of eastern europeans". Like seriously motha****a?

But anyway I love the heat because it'd making the thread go longer making it look pretty for Jabs billy :weed5:

But back on subject, do you even know American history in the early 1900's? Their were several race riots because white people were mad at all the black people and woman getting jobs. That's how it was back in the day, their's no arguing about it. It's fact. George H White was black congressman in north carolina in the late 1800's and resigned because of the racism. Their wasn't another black man in congress for the next 28 years.

Quote:
Census in 1910
U.S. population: 93,402,151
Black population: 9,827,763 (10.7%)
Of course african americans were treated as inferior because they were severely outnumbered. Jack Johnson was one of the first black Americans if not the first, I'm not sure, to have achieved the greatest success(heavyweight title) in an american sport.

It's not me trying to be pro-black or anything. It's just facts, it was a terrible time in America. What Jack Johnson did was huge. I never said it was a tremendous A level win, this isn't about resume, their's a thread beneath this were you can discuss how you feel about his resume.

Its about how this major win paved the way for other african americans to start succeeding in sports. If you don't like it don't post in here. Nobody else is offended. Pastrano hasn't even showed his face surprisingly haha It was a major win for African Americans, if it leaves a bad taste in your mouth then dodge this thread.

This thread is for discussion, if you don't agree, what do YOU think the most significant fight in boxing history was? I'll be glad to discuss it with ya mane.
Old 06-16-2011, 12:54 PM
Forza
Banned

Rep Power: 0 Forza has a reputation beyond reputeForza has a reputation beyond reputeForza has a reputation beyond reputeForza has a reputation beyond reputeForza has a reputation beyond reputeForza has a reputation beyond reputeForza has a reputation beyond reputeForza has a reputation beyond reputeForza has a reputation beyond reputeForza has a reputation beyond reputeForza has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 30,603,222.67
one of boxingscene's best - Freedom. Viva Il Duce - Rocky... Happy New Year - Freedom. 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - jazluvr Gay and Lesbian Pride - jazluvr 

You can't say all whites were racist in 1910. Of course things were different back then and racial tensions were higher than now, but not everybody thought blacks were inferior. You're just taking your blind rage out on all whites because a select few were racist.
Old 06-16-2011, 01:34 PM
$BloodyNate$
GUCCI

Quote:
You can't say all whites were racist in 1910. Of course things were different back then and racial tensions were higher than now, but not everybody thought blacks were inferior. You're just taking your blind rage out on all whites because a select few were racist.
Who said EVERY single white person was racist? It was just a bad time period and Jack Johnson did something big for his race. I could be black, brown, white, green or yellow and be able to tell you that fool.
Old 06-16-2011, 05:34 PM
BattlingNelson
Battet

Rep Power: 527 BattlingNelson has a reputation beyond reputeBattlingNelson has a reputation beyond reputeBattlingNelson has a reputation beyond reputeBattlingNelson has a reputation beyond reputeBattlingNelson has a reputation beyond reputeBattlingNelson has a reputation beyond reputeBattlingNelson has a reputation beyond reputeBattlingNelson has a reputation beyond reputeBattlingNelson has a reputation beyond reputeBattlingNelson has a reputation beyond reputeBattlingNelson has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 319,452,642,914,874.00
Total Points: 319,452,643,019,573.00
Congrats... - Spacey1991 stole your gif I liked it too much Bat sorry... - LEFTYGUNZZ my heart beats for Kessler!! - cleaner147 congats on 15,000 posts, you're one of the best !! - JAB5239 good luck in the league, you'll need it :) - El Mustang 
for being a cool poster in history section - led BattlingNelson &amp;gt; LeCrétin - Freedom Fighter A man who has superior boxing knowledge &amp;amp; integrity. - Terry A ATG poster on BoxingScene - rorymac Happy Holidays.. - !! AI-Holmes!! 
Have one on me ! - BERNIE'S CORNER WAM BAM THANK YOU SIR! - PUK_MY_DANG_34 he was just lucky! - gingeralbino Merry Christmas Bat. I hope you and yours have a wonderful one. - deanrw Jeg giver en omgang - The Slaughter 
No Message - chiguy91 I like your unbiased RBRs! - dan_cov Cuz' I'm an old masochist &lt;3 - Grand Champ Happy holidays buddy! - jazluvr &quot;When I'm able to clap, I know she's ready for my dick.&quot; lmao - -jose- 
AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - !! AI-Holmes!! Lou Gehrig's Disease (ALS) - mangler Alzheimer's - Crohn's & Colitis - Cystic Fibrosis - Domestic Violence - Fibromyalgia - Leimyosarcoma - Lupus - mangler Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - ABOSWORTH Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - mangler 
Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - S a m u r a i Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - mangler Gay and Lesbian Pride - Mr._Pink Myasthenia Gravis - Ovarian Cancer - Sexual Assault - Substance Abuse - mangler Cultural Diversity - Hunger - Leukemia - Lupus - Melanoma - Racial Tolerance - Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome - Self Injury - mangler 
Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - mangler Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - mangler Cultural Diversity - Hunger - Leukemia - Lupus - Melanoma - Racial Tolerance - Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome - Self Injury - Carnivore Childhood Cancer - mangler Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - JM1 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - jazluvr449 Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - jazluvr449 Alzheimer's - Crohn's & Colitis - Cystic Fibrosis - Domestic Violence - Fibromyalgia - Leimyosarcoma - Lupus - peyk-peyk World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - peyk-peyk Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - nÔÔb_out_king 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkTerror88 View Post
Im pretty sure Schmeling hid Jews in his home during WWII but im not 100% sure.
I'm not sure that has been confirmed.

Schmeling was definetely NOT a nazi and he had a jewish manager as well.

As for the topic I agree that Johnson-Jeffries was the most significant fight. The first fight-of-the-century. Every newspaper in America covered this fight for months. You simply do not see that kind of mainstream coverage today.

The second fight-of-the-century is IMO the only fight that can rival Johnson-Jeffries for significance and that was Frazier-Ali I. First time 2 undefeated fighters who both had a claim to the throne did battle and the fight itself was epic and much, much better than Johnson-Jeffries.