Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing
Thread Navigation

Old 06-14-2011, 04:32 PM
RL_GMA
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 41 RL_GMA has a reputation beyond reputeRL_GMA has a reputation beyond reputeRL_GMA has a reputation beyond reputeRL_GMA has a reputation beyond reputeRL_GMA has a reputation beyond reputeRL_GMA has a reputation beyond reputeRL_GMA has a reputation beyond reputeRL_GMA has a reputation beyond reputeRL_GMA has a reputation beyond reputeRL_GMA has a reputation beyond reputeRL_GMA has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 18,579,947,306,297.45
Total Points: 18,579,947,474,227.03
tv ilegal vid. - mellow_mood Happy BIRTHday to your new baby boy. .  Congrats on being a POPS! - UglyPug congrats and make sure you'll be a superdad - Alx. Congrats, pops! - jazluvr Congratulations and all the best with your new little one. :wave: - Bossy 
Here's one for your baby boy - led Here's another one for you being a dad - led Congratulations on your new son, here's a lucky dollar... - jose830 Haha - Berges heres a burger for after,i already green kd u and couldnt do so again. - HUGH JASS 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - RL_GMA 
Default Dibella Signs Martinez to MultiYear - MultiMillion Dollar Deal

One day after agreeing on his next title defense, middleweight champion Sergio Martinez signed a new promotional contract with Lou DiBella on Tuesday, an agreement for at least six fights that will likely take the 36-year-old through the end of his career.

"We did a multiyear, multimillion-dollar deal that should take Sergio through the end of his career," DiBella told ESPN.com while celebrating the signing at lunch in New York with Martinez and his adviser, Sampson Lewkowicz. "We've had ongoing talks about this and, ultimately, we did a deal that works for everyone. I'm very happy and thrilled to be with him.

"I have a true affection for Sergio personally and professionally. He's probably the best fighter I've ever promoted along with Bernard Hopkins, who I used to promote and who is a legend. I think Sergio is another Hall of Fame-level fighter and it's a great honor to say I promoted him from the beginning of his popularity and recognition in the United States to the eventual end of his career," DiBella said.

DiBella was happy to get the deal wrapped up because he said he was aware that other promoters were "buzzing" Martinez in an effort to get him to try to break their contract.

"Sergio is a good man, an honorable and loyal man," DiBella said. "We've been a good team and no matter what is waved in your face, you don't break up a good team, especially when everyone has been honorable with each other. I give him tremendous credit for not bending to the pressures and the enticements in this business from people who are unscrupulous. This obviously is a very important day for DiBella Entertainment."

DiBella would not say which people were trying to interfere with his contract. Martinez, however, did not bite at any of the offers or promises.

"I am very happy," Martinez, the 2010 consensus fighter of the year, said about his new deal. "This is what I wanted. It was something I was waiting for and we were planning. I never had a doubt that I have the best promoter in the industry. It never came to my mind to leave. I am very happy with Lou, always. It never crossed my mind to leave Lou or Sampson."

DiBella came to agreement with British promoter Eddie Hearn on Monday for Martinez to make his third title defense against England's Darren Barker (23-0, 14 KOs), the European champion, on Oct. 1. The fight will be the first fight of Martinez's new deal with DiBella.

"We went a long way together and we will finish together, me, Lou and the great grand champion Sergio 'Maravilla' Martinez," Lewkowicz said. "I didn't expect anything less from a loyal champion like Martinez. He's very loyal and is an example for all fighters to follow."

DiBella said Martinez's old deal was set to expire in June 2012, although he said he would have had an exclusive negotiating window and the right to match any offer.

"Sergio doesn't want to fight more than about six fights, so I am thrilled that we will stay together until the end of his career," DiBella said.

Martinez (47-2-2, 26 KOs), a native of Argentina who lives and trains in Oxnard, Calif., won the middleweight championship in April 2010 by outpointing Kelly Pavlik. He has made two dominant title defenses, a pulverizing second-round knockout of Paul Williams in November and an eighth-round knockout of junior middleweight titlist Sergiy Dzinziruk, who he dropped five times, on March 12.

Lewkowicz brought Martinez, who had been fighting in Spain and England, to the U.S. in 2007 but had trouble finding much interest from a variety of promoters. He offered Martinez to anyone who would sign him, but only DiBella -- blown away by what he saw of Martinez on DVDs Lewkowicz had sent him -- was interested.

They have been together since -- nine fights, including his last six on HBO -- with at least six more to go.

http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/box...ory?id=6661474
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 06-14-2011, 04:33 PM
mushahadeen
Banned

Rep Power: 0 mushahadeen has a reputation beyond reputemushahadeen has a reputation beyond reputemushahadeen has a reputation beyond reputemushahadeen has a reputation beyond reputemushahadeen has a reputation beyond reputemushahadeen has a reputation beyond reputemushahadeen has a reputation beyond reputemushahadeen has a reputation beyond reputemushahadeen has a reputation beyond reputemushahadeen has a reputation beyond reputemushahadeen has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 4,805,664.64
sit on that you cunt - project xxx1 I know you need it - kyshenko team Add this to your collection - led you deserve a kick for being so stupid - Freedom. stop being racist - Freedom. 
you can pretend it's Floyd - Freedom. You'll need it for Chavez Jr - vacon04 ownage of a pactard - I'm so sorry love your style of posting, keep it up - Primera Pretend its Chavez Jr and sit on it. - Sir. Afiln 
No Message - whoseyourdaddy p4p best chavez jr fan - Perro For the 15th to dry your tears - dan_cov For Chavez Jr when you visit him in hospital - dan_cov 
Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - mathed Gay and Lesbian Pride - kyshenko team Gay and Lesbian Pride - MANIAC310 Gay and Lesbian Pride - Freedom. 

4 hours ago called it wants its 2nd thread on this subject back.
Old 06-14-2011, 05:41 PM
Jury
trial horse

Rep Power: 67 Jury has a reputation beyond reputeJury has a reputation beyond reputeJury has a reputation beyond reputeJury has a reputation beyond reputeJury has a reputation beyond reputeJury has a reputation beyond reputeJury has a reputation beyond reputeJury has a reputation beyond reputeJury has a reputation beyond reputeJury has a reputation beyond reputeJury has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 3,755,939,344,755.07
Total Points: 3,755,939,348,901.72
Thanks for the green K - !! AI-Holmes!! after the coffee, drink the beer - led after the coffee, drink the beer - led Happy Holidays.. - !! AI-Holmes!! No Message - ALAXAN_FR 
Hot Dog - ??? Treasure for you - jazluvr snacks - danny711 heres a medal 4 ya - MANGLER piece of cake - MANGLER 
Thanks bro - komodo thanks for the slice...here! have over with me... - jose830 drink up - MANGLER No Message - arraamis gift - MANGLER 
No Message - RossCA No Message - Fire and Fear No Message - Fire and Fear No Message - Fire and Fear 
AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - !! AI-Holmes!! Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - !! AI-Holmes!! Autism - !! AI-Holmes!! Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - !! AI-Holmes!! Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - ??? 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - frankenfrank Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - MANGLER Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - komodo Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - MANGLER Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - MANGLER 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - RossCA Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Fire and Fear Hodgkin's Disease - Testicular Cancer - Fire and Fear Alzheimer's - Crohn's &amp; Colitis - Cystic Fibrosis - Domestic Violence - Fibromyalgia - Leimyosarcoma - Lupus - Fire and Fear 

If this means being more active=good move