Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Training & Nutrition
Thread Navigation

Old 06-14-2011, 04:30 PM
jlpackers
Amateur

Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 1,176.06
Default Meal plan and workout

Hey guys, i am 15 and have been boxing for 9 months now. i am currently 5 feet 9 inches and weigh 159 LBS. I box 2 times a week and workout 3 days a week while taking the weekends off. My personal trainer says my body fat % is 20.2 but i dont see how since my lean mass is 134.4. Here is what i eat:

Workout days:
Breakfest: 3 eggs and cottage chesse
Lunch: Chicken Sandwich with apple and granola bar
Before workout: Cup of oatmeal with protein powder mixed in
After: Protein shake and Banana.
Dinner: either chicken steak or fish with salad and a grain(pasta or rice)
Total calorie intake:2100

Boxing days
Breakfest: eggs and cottage cheese
Lunch: chicken sandwich with apple and granola bar
Before boxing: Nothing
After boxing: cup of quaker oats w/o protein powder
Dinner:Same as workout days. Please tell me what i am doing wrong and what i have to do to get down to 15% body fat. All helpful comment appreciated.
Thanks you!
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 06-14-2011, 05:54 PM
Chinch
Banned

Rep Power: 0 Chinch has a reputation beyond reputeChinch has a reputation beyond reputeChinch has a reputation beyond reputeChinch has a reputation beyond reputeChinch has a reputation beyond reputeChinch has a reputation beyond reputeChinch has a reputation beyond reputeChinch has a reputation beyond reputeChinch has a reputation beyond reputeChinch has a reputation beyond reputeChinch has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 306,000,000.10
Total Points: 306,904,048.42
King of Oakland - Boy Meets World Some gifts for you ma n1gga - weak salvadoran froch gone get fucked up!! - weak salvadoran really helpful - MANIAC310 BURRRRRRRRRRRRR! - Bloody$Nate$ 
No hay pa nadie pa! - Magical Love 

Sounds like you need to step your cardio up!
How many times a week do you do cardio, and for how long?
Old 06-15-2011, 05:18 AM
fatburnquest
Amateur

Total Points: 492.07

My new book will tell you everything you need to know to get in shape, with loads of helpfull tips and diagrams.

Check it out
Old 06-15-2011, 01:48 PM
RurouniYume
Contender

Rep Power: 4 RurouniYume has a reputation beyond reputeRurouniYume has a reputation beyond reputeRurouniYume has a reputation beyond reputeRurouniYume has a reputation beyond reputeRurouniYume has a reputation beyond reputeRurouniYume has a reputation beyond reputeRurouniYume has a reputation beyond reputeRurouniYume has a reputation beyond reputeRurouniYume has a reputation beyond reputeRurouniYume has a reputation beyond reputeRurouniYume has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 116,060.26

at 5'9 your personal trainer is probably right about your body fat, which ,means you're pretty fat (no offense)

you should eat more to build a little muscle after your training but you should really take your training seriously and work your ass off, you will get leaner. If you are fatter than the other people in your weight class it will not be fun, they will dominate you
Old 06-15-2011, 03:33 PM
jlpackers
Amateur

Hey man, I really am not fat. I have a pretty much straight stomach. I cant last 4x3 minute rounds in the ring vs amateur boxers(sparring).I used to be VERY FAT but have lost A LOT of weight in the past 2 years. I also work my D*ck off when im at the gym. I get a new workout every 6 weeks.
Old 06-15-2011, 03:51 PM
Jack3d
Banned

Location: My CPU is neural net processor; a learning computer
Rep Power: 0 Jack3d is infamous around these partsJack3d is infamous around these partsJack3d is infamous around these partsJack3d is infamous around these partsJack3d is infamous around these partsJack3d is infamous around these partsJack3d is infamous around these partsJack3d is infamous around these partsJack3d is infamous around these partsJack3d is infamous around these partsJack3d is infamous around these parts
Total Points: 253,225,248.06

I don't see any green vegetables or any type of vegetable in your diet from what you listed.

I'd replace some of the stuff like pasta with Green Vegetables if your goal is to drop bodyfat and lean out.

I'm 180lbs and I my workouts (even though I don't box) are very intense and strenuous and even only stick to 1/2 cup of oatmeal.

So yeah I'd cut back on carbs a little bit, eat more green vegetables and fruits, and eat more lean protein. I don't know what your water intake is, but make sure you are drinking a LOT. I do around 1.5-2 gallons per day myself. I think at least a gallon would be good for you. Especially if you are boxing you are losing a lot of fluids.

Breakfast: Eggs, 1/2 Cup Oatmeal or a piece of fruit (Apple)
Snack: Can of Tuna w/ Steamed Broccoli and a handful of almonds
Lunch: 6oz Chicken Brest w/ Brown Rice
Pre Training - Apple or nothing
After Training- 20oz Gatorade and maybe a scoop of protein
Dinner: Fish (Salmon) and a Salad
Before Bed- Cup of Cottage Cheese

just an example
Old 06-15-2011, 07:59 PM
jlpackers
Amateur

Hey thanks man, I definitly will, i usually only eat half of the oatmeal before my workout anyway. And ya i do drink a lot of water. Usually 2-3 16-20 FL OZ bottles a day. Thanks again
Old 06-15-2011, 10:43 PM
raf727
Interim Champion

Rep Power: 5 raf727 has a reputation beyond reputeraf727 has a reputation beyond reputeraf727 has a reputation beyond reputeraf727 has a reputation beyond reputeraf727 has a reputation beyond reputeraf727 has a reputation beyond reputeraf727 has a reputation beyond reputeraf727 has a reputation beyond reputeraf727 has a reputation beyond reputeraf727 has a reputation beyond reputeraf727 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 131,659,627,035.91
Total Points: 131,659,629,443.83
kick this bum - Freedom. Have a beer! - Barnburner Anyone that gets a kick me from Freedom, is ok with me. - RossCA No Message - RossCA 

thats not alot of water at all bro, 3 20 oz bottles?