Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing
Thread Navigation

Old 06-13-2011, 01:08 PM
warp1432
the mailman

Rep Power: 57 warp1432 has a reputation beyond reputewarp1432 has a reputation beyond reputewarp1432 has a reputation beyond reputewarp1432 has a reputation beyond reputewarp1432 has a reputation beyond reputewarp1432 has a reputation beyond reputewarp1432 has a reputation beyond reputewarp1432 has a reputation beyond reputewarp1432 has a reputation beyond reputewarp1432 has a reputation beyond reputewarp1432 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 188,989,560,691,160.00
Total Points: 189,095,371,557,760.03
5k post celebration. - !! AI-Holmes!! Have a drink on me! - RiZOOM you're killing me in the cotto thread , kid. i'm trying to get 2-1/3-1 odds from a pissed off cotto fan. :-) - Left Hook Tua Always droppin knowledge. Thanks for the vid bro, I owe ya. - Spiegelo No Message - texanballer 
thanks for the support - texanballer For being a stand up guy. You rule. - FRKO Defo in need of an apple warp - danc1984 RBRs when I'm at work are much appreciated - DWiens421 10k posts and for being a good poster - Golden Boy 360 
10k posts warp. Let's celebrate this shit. - danc1984 Marry me, ese. - El Gallo Homo! 
Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - Left Hook Tua 
Send a message via AIM to warp1432
Default New interview with USADAs Travis Tygart, on Mayweat Ortiz and boxing

Quote:
Travis Tygart on Ortiz-Mayweather and More on Boxing

Mon 13-Jun-2011 15:49

By Matthew Paras

United States Anti-Doping Agency (USADA) Chief Executive Travis Tygart is not new to the sport of boxing. When Floyd Mayweather brought Tygart***8217;s agency on board to provide a stronger drug testing method for his fight against Shane Mosley, Tygart was in the spotlight to explain to boxing fans, and even commissions, why the USADA***8217;s methods were the most effective. Now when Mayweather returns to the ring against WBC welterweight titlist Victor Ortiz in September, Tygart and USADA will be there again to test both fighters.

***8220;I think that it shows that the fighters want the gold standard program in place to do everything possible to ensure that it***8217;s a drug-free sport,***8221; said Tygart. ***8220;Clean athletes want to be subject to the best program and we hear that all the time.***8221;

The protocol for both fighters will be the same. Each fighter will be subject to either urine or blood testing leading up to the fight with no cutoff date. Even Floyd Mayweather, who has taken the tests before, can expect different testing days than before.

***8220;If the athletes subject to the testing know [of a pattern], they could potentially change their behavior,***8221; he said. ***8220;The uncertainty is what really allows a program like ours to be most effective.***8221;

With one of the sport***8217;s biggest stars taking part in Olympic Style Testing (OST), other fighters such as Andre Ward, Jean Pascal, and Alexander Povetkin have publicly announced for their desire for better methods of testing. However, for a change to really happen, commissions would need to set up a protocol similar to USADA***8217;s to be effective. Since Mayweather-Mosley, Ortiz-Mayweather is the only fight in the United States to feature OST. It***8217;s unknown if and when a change will come but the process of undergoing a change is just starting.

With much publicity behind and influencing its genesis, Mayweather-Mosley was the first fight in the United States to get the ball rolling on whether boxing needs better drug testing. Unlike baseball or cycling, boxing hasn***8217;t really been hit with a big cycle that would force the commissions to educate themselves on the issues, according to Tygart. While there are cries from the boxers to change their methods, commissions have yet to change and the reason for that could be externally based.

***8220;I think there are a lot of political pressures on the commissions, unfortunately. It***8217;s not easy because you have big promoters threatening to take their fights elsewhere if they put in the type of testing that would detect cheating,***8221; Tygart explained. ***8220;The promoters don***8217;t want the event cancelled at the last minute due to some fighter using these dangerous drugs.***8221;

If commissions fail to adapt better ways, it will be up to the fighters, individually, to use the USADA as a contract stipulation. While the sport waits for change from its powers that be, Tygart and the USADA will be happy to be there to help provide it.

http://www.maxboxing.com/news/promo-...more-on-boxing

Thoughts on this? Besides Richard Schaefer commenting on OST, here's the man himself.
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 06-13-2011, 01:19 PM
Code Red
Banned

Rep Power: 0 Code Red is infamous around these partsCode Red is infamous around these partsCode Red is infamous around these partsCode Red is infamous around these partsCode Red is infamous around these partsCode Red is infamous around these partsCode Red is infamous around these partsCode Red is infamous around these partsCode Red is infamous around these partsCode Red is infamous around these partsCode Red is infamous around these parts
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 126,184.85

Basically Arum will be pissed that Pac has caused him to lose huge money when he is caught cheating with OST. Cant risk Pac being caught roiding so no OST.
Old 06-13-2011, 01:19 PM
ИATAS
Legend

Rep Power: 154 ИATAS has a reputation beyond reputeИATAS has a reputation beyond reputeИATAS has a reputation beyond reputeИATAS has a reputation beyond reputeИATAS has a reputation beyond reputeИATAS has a reputation beyond reputeИATAS has a reputation beyond reputeИATAS has a reputation beyond reputeИATAS has a reputation beyond reputeИATAS has a reputation beyond reputeИATAS has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,235,026,860,852,154.75
Total Points: 3,137,981,480,045,505.50
Have a virtual beer on me. - FRKO Good Poster! - J. HITTER Thanks for the help dude. - S a m u r a i For the brilliant post in lady's atheist 2 thread. - ABOSWORTH Bhop gif. I will send you gift number 2 when you actually finish it. :) - Precision 
Cocktail hour - mangler hey, you richly deserved the shiet right here, right now - cleaner147 to complete ur mothafukkin collection - cleaner147 War Hopkins!!!...Anyways Here Is A Gift My Man - BritishBoxing92 War Natas!!! - Old Coward 
Tye Tye Tye - DorianWozniacki one of my favourite posters - Blah! BURRRRRRRRR! - led's baby mama happy bday homey - MANGLER Pacquiao vs Marquez IV! - Check_hooks 
great game thanks for payment :beerchug: - jose830 Great thread - Boxing Goat -Rapernick- :lol1: - -jose- It's Easter time, here's an Easter Egg for making classic threads - jas Great poster - jas 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - jazluvr Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - jazluvr Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - jazluvr Childhood Cancer - jazluvr Aphasia - Asthma/Allergies - Brain Cancer - Brain Tumors - Diabetes - Mental Illness - jazluvr 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - street bully Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - jazluvr Aphasia - Asthma/Allergies - Brain Cancer - Brain Tumors - Diabetes - Mental Illness - jazluvr Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - jazluvr Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - jazluvr 
Autism - Lorily Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - jazluvr AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - MANGLER Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - codey World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - jose830 
Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - jas Male Breast Cancer - Pregnancy Loss - Infant Loss - Sudden Infant Death - jas 

the only real flaw with this is if they really want "Olympic style testing" they need to randomly test fighters year round. If a guy knows how to cycle correctly, there is more than enough time to use PEDS between fights which a fighter can still reap from the benefits long after using. So yeah it makes sure the fighters are clean during the 8 weeks prior to a fight but there is no gaurantee they weren't using prior.
Old 06-13-2011, 01:21 PM
Code Red
Banned

Rep Power: 0 Code Red is infamous around these partsCode Red is infamous around these partsCode Red is infamous around these partsCode Red is infamous around these partsCode Red is infamous around these partsCode Red is infamous around these partsCode Red is infamous around these partsCode Red is infamous around these partsCode Red is infamous around these partsCode Red is infamous around these partsCode Red is infamous around these parts
Total Points: 126,184.85

Quote:
Originally Posted by ***1048;ATAS206 View Post
the only real flaw with this is if they really want "Olympic style testing" they need to randomly test fighters year round. If a guy knows how to cycle correctly, there is more than enough time to use PEDS between fights which a fighter can still reap from the benefits long after using. So yeah it makes sure the fighters are clean during the 8 weeks prior to a fight but there is no gaurantee they weren't using prior.
Well at least 8 weeks is a start vs the current testing which equals no weeks
Old 06-13-2011, 01:26 PM
warp1432
the mailman

Rep Power: 57 warp1432 has a reputation beyond reputewarp1432 has a reputation beyond reputewarp1432 has a reputation beyond reputewarp1432 has a reputation beyond reputewarp1432 has a reputation beyond reputewarp1432 has a reputation beyond reputewarp1432 has a reputation beyond reputewarp1432 has a reputation beyond reputewarp1432 has a reputation beyond reputewarp1432 has a reputation beyond reputewarp1432 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 188,989,560,691,160.00
Total Points: 189,095,371,557,760.03
5k post celebration. - !! AI-Holmes!! Have a drink on me! - RiZOOM you're killing me in the cotto thread , kid. i'm trying to get 2-1/3-1 odds from a pissed off cotto fan. :-) - Left Hook Tua Always droppin knowledge. Thanks for the vid bro, I owe ya. - Spiegelo No Message - texanballer 
thanks for the support - texanballer For being a stand up guy. You rule. - FRKO Defo in need of an apple warp - danc1984 RBRs when I'm at work are much appreciated - DWiens421 10k posts and for being a good poster - Golden Boy 360 
10k posts warp. Let's celebrate this shit. - danc1984 Marry me, ese. - El Gallo Homo! 
Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - Left Hook Tua 
Send a message via AIM to warp1432

Quote:
Originally Posted by ***1048;ATAS206 View Post
That's the problem with using them as a contract stipulation. If commissions put similar testing in place, hypothetically, they could test year round.
Old 06-13-2011, 01:37 PM
D4thincarnation
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 34 D4thincarnation has a reputation beyond reputeD4thincarnation has a reputation beyond reputeD4thincarnation has a reputation beyond reputeD4thincarnation has a reputation beyond reputeD4thincarnation has a reputation beyond reputeD4thincarnation has a reputation beyond reputeD4thincarnation has a reputation beyond reputeD4thincarnation has a reputation beyond reputeD4thincarnation has a reputation beyond reputeD4thincarnation has a reputation beyond reputeD4thincarnation has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 35,737,967,536,497,608.00
Total Points: 37,737,967,536,524,192.00
for creating a cool thread - mathed No Message - Tha_Greatest Cheers bro - dan_cov Euro 2012 - Top goalscorer winner! - Fury some pie for an atg - sugarsmosley 
For the prediction competition - jas 

It is not the gold standard though.

Floyd will have been out for 16 months, that about 12/13 months to take any PEDs he wants to and not get caught.

Why has Floyd not signed up to WADAs testing program what Olympic athletes sign up to.
Old 06-13-2011, 02:18 PM
skillswin
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 0 skillswin is infamous around these partsskillswin is infamous around these partsskillswin is infamous around these partsskillswin is infamous around these partsskillswin is infamous around these partsskillswin is infamous around these partsskillswin is infamous around these partsskillswin is infamous around these partsskillswin is infamous around these partsskillswin is infamous around these partsskillswin is infamous around these parts
Total Points: 1,099,604.41

Old 06-13-2011, 02:22 PM
jrosales13
undisputed champion

Rep Power: 78 jrosales13 has a reputation beyond reputejrosales13 has a reputation beyond reputejrosales13 has a reputation beyond reputejrosales13 has a reputation beyond reputejrosales13 has a reputation beyond reputejrosales13 has a reputation beyond reputejrosales13 has a reputation beyond reputejrosales13 has a reputation beyond reputejrosales13 has a reputation beyond reputejrosales13 has a reputation beyond reputejrosales13 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 3.85
Total Points: 383,418,956,159.09
13 burgers - Dambala Good poster - Mucus Great poster/member award! - jazluvr Leader of the MannyPac Mafia, a real OG - Erik13 For being one of the most solid posters in the History of BoxingScene!!!!  Keep on posting bruh. - Chief2ndzOnly! 
more beer - -pound4pound- Maidana p4p GOAT - Dick Buffman These are really good - jazluvr This place would not be the same without you Jro... you rock - Lorily for being a great poster - led 
For keepin' it real - jazluvr hope you get drunk :) - led Thanks for hooking me up with your cousin - Heebarican oscar haters need beer - -pound4pound- Merry X-mas!!! - HandSpeed303 
Happy Holidays Jro! - Lorily Have a slice - SouthpawSwagger Here is a beer for you homie!! - el20cuatro Fellow Leuzinger Olympian - MANIAC310 Happy Holidays JRo! - Lorily 
Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - Akinapepemo World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - Timmy Chans World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - Timmy Chans Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - jazluvr Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - jazluvr 
Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - jazluvr Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - jazluvr World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - MANIAC310 Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - Ether 

1. Do people really think Pac is the only elite boxer on PED's?

So stupid.

2. How can you be against better testing? I understand why fighters and promoters would be against better testing. But, as fan of the sport how can you be against it? As fans of the sport why make excuses on why fights shouldn't have it?

It's ridiculous.
Old 06-13-2011, 02:25 PM
V.WEBB
CBVM

Rep Power: 39 V.WEBB has a reputation beyond reputeV.WEBB has a reputation beyond reputeV.WEBB has a reputation beyond reputeV.WEBB has a reputation beyond reputeV.WEBB has a reputation beyond reputeV.WEBB has a reputation beyond reputeV.WEBB has a reputation beyond reputeV.WEBB has a reputation beyond reputeV.WEBB has a reputation beyond reputeV.WEBB has a reputation beyond reputeV.WEBB has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 2,150,496,076,147.92
Total Points: 2,155,993,575,674.43
For your Honeymoon, bless - Syf congrats homie - project xxx1 stay strong!! - Horus Poppppppp  this bottle for me - Horus No Message - Horus 
some wedding cake fo ya - DiLLiNGER wedding ring lol - DiLLiNGER No Message - DiLLiNGER For the Family Man!  To a happy and healthy life! - Lorily God Bless and Happy Holidays to you and your family! - Lorily 
Long overdue mate! - Tamis_Siensya somebody kick this racist - Band-Aid :fing02: - -jose- 
Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - Toda Caine Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - Horus Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - SekondzOut Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - led Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - led 
Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - led 

Quote:
Originally Posted by D4thincarnation View Post

Floyd will have been out for 16 months, that about 12/13 months to take any PEDs he wants to and not get caught.

Why has Floyd not signed up to WADAs testing program what Olympic athletes sign up to.
Where did get that fighters "sign up" to be tested year round?
Old 06-13-2011, 02:35 PM
BIGBOXINGFAN
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 0 BIGBOXINGFAN is infamous around these partsBIGBOXINGFAN is infamous around these partsBIGBOXINGFAN is infamous around these partsBIGBOXINGFAN is infamous around these partsBIGBOXINGFAN is infamous around these partsBIGBOXINGFAN is infamous around these partsBIGBOXINGFAN is infamous around these partsBIGBOXINGFAN is infamous around these partsBIGBOXINGFAN is infamous around these partsBIGBOXINGFAN is infamous around these partsBIGBOXINGFAN is infamous around these parts
Bank: 734,922,110,018.72
Total Points: 754,933,259,964.57
Good post. - FeFist No Message - Tha_Greatest 

Quote:
Originally Posted by D4thincarnation View Post

He wasn't fighting at that time.
Should retired fighters get tested?

Ok go and test Tyson, Ali, Leonard, Chavez, etc