Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing
Thread Navigation

Old 06-12-2011, 12:08 PM
ICEMAN JOHN SCULLY
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 34 ICEMAN JOHN SCULLY has a reputation beyond reputeICEMAN JOHN SCULLY has a reputation beyond reputeICEMAN JOHN SCULLY has a reputation beyond reputeICEMAN JOHN SCULLY has a reputation beyond reputeICEMAN JOHN SCULLY has a reputation beyond reputeICEMAN JOHN SCULLY has a reputation beyond reputeICEMAN JOHN SCULLY has a reputation beyond reputeICEMAN JOHN SCULLY has a reputation beyond reputeICEMAN JOHN SCULLY has a reputation beyond reputeICEMAN JOHN SCULLY has a reputation beyond reputeICEMAN JOHN SCULLY has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 26,501,819,711.45
Total Points: 26,602,197,129.24
boxingscene's Top Ten Serious Posters - mickey gomez ICE IS THE MAN! - S a m u r a i Paid his dues - RunW/Knives Cash for the Iceman - RunW/Knives Sick fighter all heart - RunW/Knives 
Skill and Know also, but Lion Heart. - RunW/Knives BScene's treasure! - jazluvr Thanks for the help and Happy New Year! - The Surgeon enjoyed your fights, you are awesome - happyman one of the great posters - jas 
Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - street bully Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - jazluvr World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - jazluvr 
Default YESTERDAY at the Boxing Hall of Fame...

I had never been to the Hall of Fame, yesterday was my first time ever...really amazing trip..next year I play to get a hotel and stay for two nights at least...my only regret is that I had to leave last night and couldn't stay later at Graziano's, that place is like the headquarters and I'm sure last night it was jam packed until the early hours... anyway, I got in yesterday at 12 noon...and I ran into many old friends, acquaintances and boxing fans, it was crazy...GREAT TRIP...Kostya was there, I saw him at an autograph signing but didn't get to meet him...spent some time with Michael Carbajal at Grazianos, hadn't seen him since the 1988 Olympic Trials!!! I'll post pics in a couple days...

I called Dickie Ecklund because someone said he was there and not only was he there at his hotel but he immediately came down and picked us up in a golf cart (Aaron Pryor rode past in his own golf cart, going in the other direction) ...Dickie is always entertaining and today was no exception...we went to Graziano's and got a table, (me, him and two of my friends) and it was so crazy, within 5 minutes there were numerous bottles of beer on the table from fans who ordered them for Dickie just so they could get in with him, he was wanting to finish one of them and get ready to go the banquet but it was impossible, every 30 seconds someone came up and wanted to take a photo with him...

Angelo Dundee sat near us at Graziano's...he was in a wheelchair!! But he was VERY NICE and seemed mentally sharp as ever... I'm not sure if he was in the wheelchair because he cant walk anymore or because he's so much older now and they didn't want him to wear himself out walking everywhere all day...

Also, boxing is such a small world and life is funny how we can inter-connect...check this out: when I first got there at 12 noon I made quick plans to meet Frank Stallone at Graziano's...so I come in and he is sitting at a table with Chuck Zito and a couple guys...well, one of the guys gets up to leave and is talking to Chuck before he heads for the day...I am looking at him and I have a funny feeling as to who it is...he looks familiar, a blast from the past...when he starts to leave I ask Chuck what his name is and he tells me, "Tom Patti"...well, how about this for small world?? I fought Tom Patti 26 YEARS AGO in the Golden Gloves!!! He was a part of Cus D' Amato's stable (Kevin Rooney worked his corner when we fought and if u look at the old fims of Tyson when he was in the house in Catskill you can often see Tom sitting right next to him at the dinner table..so we call him back over and have a nice reunion...amazing...

also, the very first person I ran into when I got to Canastota was a former cruiserweight named David Sewell, Dave and I used to spar each other back in 1988 at Sugar Ray's gym in Maryland, I even the sessions on tape...and then at Graziano's later on I ran into a woman named Carol from Florida, huge boxing fan who I first started talking to online more than 12 years ago...Leon Spinks were there just hanging out, too...

Also, this is really cool, too...when I first got there at 12 noon today someone at the memorabilia show told me, "Oh man, you shoulda' been there this morning...Jesse James Lejia gave a talk to the crowd and someone asked him about what it was like in the hours before a fight and he told the crowd that "John Scully has the best description I've ever heard as to what its really like for fighters in those moments" and then he recited your 'dressing room quote' for them."

I talked to Al Bernstein for a while at the autograph show, first met him in 1989 when he was the commentator for my first TV fight...Jimmy Lennon Jr. was giving a talk for the fans at the Pavilion, memories from his experiences in the game...

Next year I plan to go for two days and get a hotel room...it was a boxing fans FANTASY, believe me...hanging out at Graziano's is probably the most amazing thing any boxing fan could ever do...its like being at a family dinner and every fan, boxer, trainer, is your family...

Last edited by ICEMAN JOHN SCULLY; 06-12-2011 at 12:22 PM.
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 06-12-2011, 12:12 PM
LarryXXX
FOCUSED

Rep Power: 229 LarryXXX has a reputation beyond reputeLarryXXX has a reputation beyond reputeLarryXXX has a reputation beyond reputeLarryXXX has a reputation beyond reputeLarryXXX has a reputation beyond reputeLarryXXX has a reputation beyond reputeLarryXXX has a reputation beyond reputeLarryXXX has a reputation beyond reputeLarryXXX has a reputation beyond reputeLarryXXX has a reputation beyond reputeLarryXXX has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,768,431,451,680,629,850,112.00
Total Points: 1,768,485,251,681,080,049,664.00
Happy Birthday - Scott9945 happy bday - pacfan - sugarsmosley Happy birthday - DonMega Happy birthday - betmen Happy Birthday - -Kev- 
Happy Birthday man.  God bless you - Rip Chudd Happy birthday, you my guy - Sugar Adam Ali Have a blessed Birthday.. - !! AI-Holmes!! Happy Birthday Larry! Wish you all the best. - BulgariasFinest happy birthday bro - -jose- 
No Message - Heavy Champ No Message - Heavy Champ No Message - Heavy Champ Great when nut hugging - Southpaw110 Great when not nut hugging - Southpaw110 
Distinguished Service Medal. B-Hop Battalion - jas Happy thanksgiving. - HughJass A* poster - Scott-Weiland No Message - Scott-Weiland thx for the points bro - jaded 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - project xxx1 Childhood Cancer - project xxx1 Male Breast Cancer - Pregnancy Loss - Infant Loss - Sudden Infant Death - project xxx1 Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - New England Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - jjbj2 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - Freedom. Gay and Lesbian Pride - Freedom. Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - codey Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - codey Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - sugarsmosley 
Myasthenia Gravis - Ovarian Cancer - Sexual Assault - Substance Abuse - TBear Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - TBear Cultural Diversity - Hunger - Leukemia - Lupus - Melanoma - Racial Tolerance - Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome - Self Injury - jas 

nice man...surprised it was your first time there...glad you had a great time..got any pictures??
Old 06-12-2011, 12:13 PM
ICEMAN JOHN SCULLY
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 34 ICEMAN JOHN SCULLY has a reputation beyond reputeICEMAN JOHN SCULLY has a reputation beyond reputeICEMAN JOHN SCULLY has a reputation beyond reputeICEMAN JOHN SCULLY has a reputation beyond reputeICEMAN JOHN SCULLY has a reputation beyond reputeICEMAN JOHN SCULLY has a reputation beyond reputeICEMAN JOHN SCULLY has a reputation beyond reputeICEMAN JOHN SCULLY has a reputation beyond reputeICEMAN JOHN SCULLY has a reputation beyond reputeICEMAN JOHN SCULLY has a reputation beyond reputeICEMAN JOHN SCULLY has a reputation beyond repute
boxingscene's Top Ten Serious Posters - mickey gomez ICE IS THE MAN! - S a m u r a i Paid his dues - RunW/Knives Cash for the Iceman - RunW/Knives Sick fighter all heart - RunW/Knives 
Skill and Know also, but Lion Heart. - RunW/Knives BScene's treasure! - jazluvr Thanks for the help and Happy New Year! - The Surgeon enjoyed your fights, you are awesome - happyman one of the great posters - jas 
Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - street bully Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - jazluvr World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - jazluvr 

yea, first time...many times I wanted to go but fights or something always came up...Ill DEFINITELY be back though, wow..I will get the photos online ASAP...I took some with Angelo Dundee, Dickie, Carbajal and a few other guys, yes...
Old 06-12-2011, 12:14 PM
-JUGGERNAUT-
Banned

Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 5,006,606.71
excellent poster - Freedom. 

Thanks for sharing those stories. I plan on definitely checking out the IBHOF at least once in my lifetime. Sounds orgasmic.
Old 06-12-2011, 12:19 PM
LarryXXX
FOCUSED

Rep Power: 229 LarryXXX has a reputation beyond reputeLarryXXX has a reputation beyond reputeLarryXXX has a reputation beyond reputeLarryXXX has a reputation beyond reputeLarryXXX has a reputation beyond reputeLarryXXX has a reputation beyond reputeLarryXXX has a reputation beyond reputeLarryXXX has a reputation beyond reputeLarryXXX has a reputation beyond reputeLarryXXX has a reputation beyond reputeLarryXXX has a reputation beyond repute
Happy Birthday - Scott9945 happy bday - pacfan - sugarsmosley Happy birthday - DonMega Happy birthday - betmen Happy Birthday - -Kev- 
Happy Birthday man.  God bless you - Rip Chudd Happy birthday, you my guy - Sugar Adam Ali Have a blessed Birthday.. - !! AI-Holmes!! Happy Birthday Larry! Wish you all the best. - BulgariasFinest happy birthday bro - -jose- 
No Message - Heavy Champ No Message - Heavy Champ No Message - Heavy Champ Great when nut hugging - Southpaw110 Great when not nut hugging - Southpaw110 
Distinguished Service Medal. B-Hop Battalion - jas Happy thanksgiving. - HughJass A* poster - Scott-Weiland No Message - Scott-Weiland thx for the points bro - jaded 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - project xxx1 Childhood Cancer - project xxx1 Male Breast Cancer - Pregnancy Loss - Infant Loss - Sudden Infant Death - project xxx1 Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - New England Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - jjbj2 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - Freedom. Gay and Lesbian Pride - Freedom. Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - codey Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - codey Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - sugarsmosley 
Myasthenia Gravis - Ovarian Cancer - Sexual Assault - Substance Abuse - TBear Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - TBear Cultural Diversity - Hunger - Leukemia - Lupus - Melanoma - Racial Tolerance - Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome - Self Injury - jas 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ICEMAN JOHN SCULLY View Post
yea, first time...many times I wanted to go but fights or something always came up...Ill DEFINITELY be back though, wow..I will get the photos online ASAP...I took some with Angelo Dundee, Dickie, Carbajal and a few other guys, yes...
good look scully..thats amazing..id love to sit down and talk to dundee about boxing for hours at a time...
Old 06-12-2011, 12:21 PM
ICEMAN JOHN SCULLY
Undisputed Champion

Also, they said Tyson came outside with his wife and kids but the fans went so crazy for him that he had to go right back inside, they said it was too out of control....
Old 06-12-2011, 12:28 PM
LarryXXX
FOCUSED

niiice glad mikes enjoying life and getting the credit he earned from his career...he seems to be so happy lately
Old 06-12-2011, 12:33 PM
Come∂ian
Comedian Taught Her

Rep Power: 16 Come∂ian has a reputation beyond reputeCome∂ian has a reputation beyond reputeCome∂ian has a reputation beyond reputeCome∂ian has a reputation beyond reputeCome∂ian has a reputation beyond reputeCome∂ian has a reputation beyond reputeCome∂ian has a reputation beyond reputeCome∂ian has a reputation beyond reputeCome∂ian has a reputation beyond reputeCome∂ian has a reputation beyond reputeCome∂ian has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 41,114,546,298,046.51
Total Points: 41,123,587,934,925.98
Have a beer. Great videos meng. - [KLTP] -Kirby- the best when it comes to GIF replies. lol you deserve this one - bahay kubo For the fun i had on the gif :D - led No Message - led Slickest Poster Alive - ThePhantom5 
BURRRRRRRRRRR! James Kirkland vid! - Bloody$Nate$ SuperComedian - (ROY) amazing sig bro, haha. - chiguy91 owning the shit out of pac-girl - I'm so sorry CAN MAN - CounterPunching 

Quote:
Originally Posted by LarryX2011 View Post
niiice glad mikes enjoying life and getting the credit he earned from his career...he seems to be so happy lately
Yea, im happy Mike's life didnt go in the direction many thought it would.
Old 06-12-2011, 12:53 PM
S H A R K B O Y
Below The Heavens

Rep Power: 11 S H A R K B O Y has a reputation beyond reputeS H A R K B O Y has a reputation beyond reputeS H A R K B O Y has a reputation beyond reputeS H A R K B O Y has a reputation beyond reputeS H A R K B O Y has a reputation beyond reputeS H A R K B O Y has a reputation beyond reputeS H A R K B O Y has a reputation beyond reputeS H A R K B O Y has a reputation beyond reputeS H A R K B O Y has a reputation beyond reputeS H A R K B O Y has a reputation beyond reputeS H A R K B O Y has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 740,336,138,582.60
Total Points: 740,391,935,530.72
Heres A Pet Fish For The Shark Boy :) - BritishBoxing92 Another one for the tank - Disposable Arts No Message - Dorian No Message - Dorian Your fish need a new buddy - Disposable Arts 
for when you pretend you are Andre Ward's woman - Freedom. respect you as a poster, keep it up champ! - Atreyu Khalil fly ass Ward/Chad sig - MalikKnucklez 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Loccy 

Thanks for the story. Can't wait to see some pictures.
Old 06-12-2011, 01:20 PM
ICEMAN JOHN SCULLY
Undisputed Champion

I should have them up and ready to view at some point tomorrow Ill just put them in this thread right here...