Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Non Boxing Talk > Mixed Martial Arts Discussion
Thread Navigation

Old 06-05-2011, 06:15 AM
southcentralcar
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 0 southcentralcar is infamous around these partssouthcentralcar is infamous around these partssouthcentralcar is infamous around these partssouthcentralcar is infamous around these partssouthcentralcar is infamous around these partssouthcentralcar is infamous around these partssouthcentralcar is infamous around these partssouthcentralcar is infamous around these partssouthcentralcar is infamous around these partssouthcentralcar is infamous around these partssouthcentralcar is infamous around these parts
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 76,367.25
SUPER ZAB JUDAH! - Big Smoke 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - Akinapepemo Gay and Lesbian Pride - Tha_Greatest Gay and Lesbian Pride - Tha_Greatest Gay and Lesbian Pride - Akinapepemo Gay and Lesbian Pride - Tha_Greatest 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - Tha_Greatest Gay and Lesbian Pride - LeeVanCleef 
Default guida vs pettis

just another fight that shows how much ufc judging su.ccks. i mean guida didnt do sh.it and got the win. how is it important that you can take your opponent down and lay on him for 5 mins ? that greasy mofo didnt even use his fists to punch so that thered be no chance of getting submitted, instead he used his shoulders to hit pettis. but that did like NO damage at all. hate boring fights like this, judges should start making shi.t like that a draw so that fighters like guida would at least try to do damage and actually finish the opponent
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 06-05-2011, 11:25 AM
$Natedatpkid$
GUCCI

Rep Power: 23 $Natedatpkid$ has a reputation beyond repute$Natedatpkid$ has a reputation beyond repute$Natedatpkid$ has a reputation beyond repute$Natedatpkid$ has a reputation beyond repute$Natedatpkid$ has a reputation beyond repute$Natedatpkid$ has a reputation beyond repute$Natedatpkid$ has a reputation beyond repute$Natedatpkid$ has a reputation beyond repute$Natedatpkid$ has a reputation beyond repute$Natedatpkid$ has a reputation beyond repute$Natedatpkid$ has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,853,568,651,146.50
Total Points: 1,853,568,663,189.30
No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest 
No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest 
No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest Happy Birthday :) - Bossy 
Hepatitis C - Spray_resistant 

I agree. I was just watching the last DREAM: Fight For Japan card yesterday and all those fights were freakin' sick but most went to a decision but the right guys won. I don't get how laying on top of somebody wins you the fight, Pettis was alot busier and easily out struck him on the feet.

It's bull***** how these wrestlers are killin' the UFC...
Old 06-05-2011, 02:18 PM
Marchegiano
Interim Champion

Rep Power: 5 Marchegiano has a reputation beyond reputeMarchegiano has a reputation beyond reputeMarchegiano has a reputation beyond reputeMarchegiano has a reputation beyond reputeMarchegiano has a reputation beyond reputeMarchegiano has a reputation beyond reputeMarchegiano has a reputation beyond reputeMarchegiano has a reputation beyond reputeMarchegiano has a reputation beyond reputeMarchegiano has a reputation beyond reputeMarchegiano has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 21,021,839.48
Rocky Marciano ATG fighter - Freedom. Thanks for thanking me! - Terry A 

It's pretty ***gy yeah, but he was striking Anthony...just because you've no appreciation to the shoulder strike doesn't mean Guida didn't land more strikes....It looked a lot like he was jump humping Pettis....terrible fight, but I don't blame the judges...I blame the rules...MMA desperately needs too look at the rules for what is a useful strike, and what's just coasting enough to stop the ref from standing them up....IMO if you time how long Clay layed about humping Pettis there's no way he wasn't just riding the time out in dominate position...

Pettis shouldn't be so easy to take down if he want to strike...I've no problem with ground fights...if they actually fight...you know....make an attempt to seriously injury your foe...
Old 06-05-2011, 02:24 PM
$Natedatpkid$
GUCCI

Rep Power: 23 $Natedatpkid$ has a reputation beyond repute$Natedatpkid$ has a reputation beyond repute$Natedatpkid$ has a reputation beyond repute$Natedatpkid$ has a reputation beyond repute$Natedatpkid$ has a reputation beyond repute$Natedatpkid$ has a reputation beyond repute$Natedatpkid$ has a reputation beyond repute$Natedatpkid$ has a reputation beyond repute$Natedatpkid$ has a reputation beyond repute$Natedatpkid$ has a reputation beyond repute$Natedatpkid$ has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,853,568,651,146.50
Total Points: 1,853,568,663,189.30
No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest Happy Birthday :) - Bossy 
Hepatitis C - Spray_resistant 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marchegiano View Post
It's pretty ***gy yeah, but he was striking Anthony...just because you've no appreciation to the shoulder strike doesn't mean Guida didn't land more strikes....It looked a lot like he was jump humping Pettis....terrible fight, but I don't blame the judges...I blame the rules...MMA desperately needs too look at the rules for what is a useful strike, and what's just coasting enough to stop the ref from standing them up....IMO if you time how long Clay layed about humping Pettis there's no way he wasn't just riding the time out in dominate position...

Pettis shouldn't be so easy to take down if he want to strike...I've no problem with ground fights...if they actually fight...you know....make an attempt to seriously injury your foe...
Yeah I agree those shoulder strikes were pretty nasty but even if he was trying to advance he hardly succeeded, Pettis was coming attack after attack relentless off his back. He did more then Guida's gnp.

It's the same as the freakin Miguel Torres-Demtrius Johnson fight. That fight was freakin awesome though. Torres did way more off his back and all Johnson did was win off takedowns. Another clearly robbery and reason why these fools need to change the rules of scoring to the Japan standards. Except do it round by round instead of judging the whole fight because you forget some ***** sometimes. But Japan rules neutralize wrestlers.

Thats why Japanese fighters can't be successful over here except Okami. UFC is all about control where their fights are always about attack. You can't win by LNP over there hardly ever. Those fights last week where sick! If the UFC put on cards like them nobody would be talking ***** this sport would be 10x more popular.
Old 06-05-2011, 04:14 PM
ƒallenloki
Can you handle life?

Rep Power: 17 ƒallenloki has a reputation beyond reputeƒallenloki has a reputation beyond reputeƒallenloki has a reputation beyond reputeƒallenloki has a reputation beyond reputeƒallenloki has a reputation beyond reputeƒallenloki has a reputation beyond reputeƒallenloki has a reputation beyond reputeƒallenloki has a reputation beyond reputeƒallenloki has a reputation beyond reputeƒallenloki has a reputation beyond reputeƒallenloki has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 3,133,817,999,479.96
Total Points: 3,133,818,017,007.95
to help you get back on your feet - shobox help get your stock back :D - -veteran420- A beer on me big dawg - mangler Have some Pizza, my nizzle - mangler jr A place to stash your cash - mangler 
merry christmas!!! - shobox Merry Xmas - mangler have some cookiepuss - Jack D Ripper keep on preaching it - -veteran420- Big Mac for my bro Fallenloki - Ash_Ketchum 
cocktail hour - MANGLER have a snack - MANGLER have a blue parallelogram - Jack Napier suck on this :D - Saucy Jacky fuck nick diaz - INSECT 
merry xmas - Subtraction BURRRRRRRRRRRRRR! 2 tha knowledgeable MMA brotha... - Bloody$Nate$ No Message - dancovboxer been a minute - MANGLER 
Graves Disease - Lymphedema - Men's Health - Pro Choice - Prostate Cancer - Scleroderma - Thyroid Disease - Trisomy 18 - mangler Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - -veteran420- Eating Disorders - Esophageal Cancer - Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease - Irritable Bowel Syndrome - Pulmonary Hypertension - Jack D Ripper AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - mangler Cultural Diversity - Hunger - Leukemia - Lupus - Melanoma - Racial Tolerance - Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome - Self Injury - mangler 
Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - mangler Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - mangler Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - ßreakbeat Alzheimer's - Crohn's & Colitis - Cystic Fibrosis - Domestic Violence - Fibromyalgia - Leimyosarcoma - Lupus - mangler Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - mangler 
Childhood Cancer - MANGLER Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - MANGLER Lou Gehrig's Disease (ALS) - MANGLER Aphasia - Asthma/Allergies - Brain Cancer - Brain Tumors - Diabetes - Mental Illness - MANGLER Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Dick Buffman 
Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - 'Sugar' Freddi Childhood Cancer - Dorian.. Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - bearman3000 Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Dorian.. 

that level of inactivity should be penalized. It was a lesson in dry humping. My dog would be proud.
Old 06-05-2011, 04:16 PM
Big BRICKS
your girl let me smash

Rep Power: 69 Big BRICKS has a reputation beyond reputeBig BRICKS has a reputation beyond reputeBig BRICKS has a reputation beyond reputeBig BRICKS has a reputation beyond reputeBig BRICKS has a reputation beyond reputeBig BRICKS has a reputation beyond reputeBig BRICKS has a reputation beyond reputeBig BRICKS has a reputation beyond reputeBig BRICKS has a reputation beyond reputeBig BRICKS has a reputation beyond reputeBig BRICKS has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 749,859,994,918.66
Total Points: 754,427,286,871.10
from the alpha male of street fighter, TRY THIS ON FOR SIZE! - Ether Stop getting banned mister! :spankme: - *La Patrona* Happy Easter :kiss: - Bossy parallelogram son - KING MEAT 
Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Ether 

UFC needs knees to grounded opponents.
Old 06-05-2011, 05:26 PM
Marchegiano
Interim Champion

Rep Power: 5 Marchegiano has a reputation beyond reputeMarchegiano has a reputation beyond reputeMarchegiano has a reputation beyond reputeMarchegiano has a reputation beyond reputeMarchegiano has a reputation beyond reputeMarchegiano has a reputation beyond reputeMarchegiano has a reputation beyond reputeMarchegiano has a reputation beyond reputeMarchegiano has a reputation beyond reputeMarchegiano has a reputation beyond reputeMarchegiano has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 21,021,839.48
Rocky Marciano ATG fighter - Freedom. Thanks for thanking me! - Terry A 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big BRICKS View Post
and stomps and a 10 min opening round!
Old 06-05-2011, 05:59 PM
F l i c k e r
Gunslinger

Rep Power: 43 F l i c k e r has a reputation beyond reputeF l i c k e r has a reputation beyond reputeF l i c k e r has a reputation beyond reputeF l i c k e r has a reputation beyond reputeF l i c k e r has a reputation beyond reputeF l i c k e r has a reputation beyond reputeF l i c k e r has a reputation beyond reputeF l i c k e r has a reputation beyond reputeF l i c k e r has a reputation beyond reputeF l i c k e r has a reputation beyond reputeF l i c k e r has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 10,329,593,887,393.36
Total Points: 10,329,593,988,105.06
Have one on me brotha. - Move BRICKS Cool cat, good poster - mangler cocktail hour - MANGLER Viva Antonio Margarito!!! - Jack Ruby more drank - MANGLER 
BURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR! Benny rocks! - Bloody$Nate$ good to have people like you on this forum - BoZz Merry Christmas - Flab Merry Christmas :] - dj emzz Happy holidays bro! - led 
Happy Easter :D  :kiss: - Bossy i like your avatar - zab191 Cheers, to huge titties. - Very Rich Man Happy 15k posts darling! :kiss: - Bossy Happy birthday babe! I hope you have a wonderful day. love and kisses :kiss: - Bossy 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - MANGLER Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - MANGLER 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big BRICKS View Post
I agree. Allow the knees to the head of grounded opponents. Because then the wrestling game gets changed, not eliminated but definitely LnP masters won't be able to get away with it as much.

As for the fight. I was just short of dumbfounded. I was sitting there and going "how the **** is Guida doing this and my boy Benson couldn't? He is just as good a wrestler."

Then i realized at the 3rd round. Benson wasn't fighting like a bitch. Don't get me wrong. I appreciate the wrestling, otherwise I wouldn't like Okami. But when you hold a guy in the cradel for 15 secs and the can-opener for 30secs, stand them the **** up!
Old 06-06-2011, 10:28 AM
Spit Dialect
Contender

Rep Power: 5 Spit Dialect has a reputation beyond reputeSpit Dialect has a reputation beyond reputeSpit Dialect has a reputation beyond reputeSpit Dialect has a reputation beyond reputeSpit Dialect has a reputation beyond reputeSpit Dialect has a reputation beyond reputeSpit Dialect has a reputation beyond reputeSpit Dialect has a reputation beyond reputeSpit Dialect has a reputation beyond reputeSpit Dialect has a reputation beyond reputeSpit Dialect has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 7,790.04

This is MMA, you can't complain about Guida a WRESTLER doing what he knows best.

Pettis couldn't keep him off of him and couldn't stop the take down. He did well off his back defending the ground and pound but Guida also defended the subs very well.

Styles my friends, it's what happened in this fight. Guida dominated this fight and Pettis had no answer for him.

What did you want Guida to do, stand with Pettis and get KO'd?
Old 06-06-2011, 09:10 PM
F l i c k e r
Gunslinger

Rep Power: 43 F l i c k e r has a reputation beyond reputeF l i c k e r has a reputation beyond reputeF l i c k e r has a reputation beyond reputeF l i c k e r has a reputation beyond reputeF l i c k e r has a reputation beyond reputeF l i c k e r has a reputation beyond reputeF l i c k e r has a reputation beyond reputeF l i c k e r has a reputation beyond reputeF l i c k e r has a reputation beyond reputeF l i c k e r has a reputation beyond reputeF l i c k e r has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 10,329,593,887,393.36
Total Points: 10,329,593,988,105.06
Have one on me brotha. - Move BRICKS Cool cat, good poster - mangler cocktail hour - MANGLER Viva Antonio Margarito!!! - Jack Ruby more drank - MANGLER 
BURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR! Benny rocks! - Bloody$Nate$ good to have people like you on this forum - BoZz Merry Christmas - Flab Merry Christmas :] - dj emzz Happy holidays bro! - led 
Happy Easter :D  :kiss: - Bossy i like your avatar - zab191 Cheers, to huge titties. - Very Rich Man Happy 15k posts darling! :kiss: - Bossy Happy birthday babe! I hope you have a wonderful day. love and kisses :kiss: - Bossy 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - MANGLER Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - MANGLER 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spit Dialect View Post
This is MMA, you can't complain about Guida a WRESTLER doing what he knows best.

Pettis couldn't keep him off of him and couldn't stop the take down. He did well off his back defending the ground and pound but Guida also defended the subs very well.

Styles my friends, it's what happened in this fight. Guida dominated this fight and Pettis had no answer for him.

What did you want Guida to do, stand with Pettis and get KO'd?

lol, actually..... yes. Yes he should stand up and get KO'd.

Guida loss his warrior status if you ask me. He isn't a warrior anymore. He can be considered a good fighter but warrior, no. He gets scared shytless of Gomi and now the UFC-rookie Pettis.