New to boxing - Boxing Forum
  Trending Topics  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire | Arcade

Navigation
Thread Navigation

Old 06-04-2011, 11:49 AM
Spicy
Amateur

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 1,308.34
Default New to boxing

I spent a few years drinking (summers usually) and doing various other substances and lately decided to quit it all and get back into shape. I really like boxing and I found a local gym thats about 50 a month. He has some golden gloves fighters and he is very strict about who spars with who, even refuses to let anyone spar until you have been there regularly for 3 months.

Anyway, I quit everything I used to do and will be completely devoted to boxing. Any tips for a beginner? I am 5'9 and weigh 140 lbs so i'm going to be eating 3k-4k calories a day to help fuel me. I have a wingspan of 64 inches so hopefully having arms that are longer than I am tall will help out a bit in the ring whenever I get to that point.

Also i'm completely outta shape, but i'm not scared of going to a boxing gym with no stamina to get back into shape. I got no shame when it comes to stuff like that.
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 06-04-2011, 11:51 AM
ny123
WBGC GOLD CHAMPION

Rep Power: 26 ny123 has a reputation beyond reputeny123 has a reputation beyond reputeny123 has a reputation beyond reputeny123 has a reputation beyond reputeny123 has a reputation beyond reputeny123 has a reputation beyond reputeny123 has a reputation beyond reputeny123 has a reputation beyond reputeny123 has a reputation beyond reputeny123 has a reputation beyond reputeny123 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 23,178,673,577,911.17
Total Points: 23,179,732,734,650.96
you'll need it after Rafa and El dinero vaca end PR boxing ;) - Dick Buffman 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Gift Giver 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spicy View Post
I spent a few years drinking (summers usually) and doing various other substances and lately decided to quit it all and get back into shape. I really like boxing and I found a local gym thats about 50 a month. He has some golden gloves fighters and he is very strict about who spars with who, even refuses to let anyone spar until you have been there regularly for 3 months.

Anyway, I quit everything I used to do and will be completely devoted to boxing. Any tips for a beginner? I am 5'9 and weigh 140 lbs so i'm going to be eating 3k-4k calories a day to help fuel me. I have a wingspan of 64 inches so hopefully having arms that are longer than I am tall will help out a bit in the ring whenever I get to that point.

Also i'm completely outta shape, but i'm not scared of going to a boxing gym with no stamina to get back into shape. I got no shame when it comes to stuff like that.
Its going to be very tough at first but keep at it and good luck.
Old 06-04-2011, 11:54 AM
Spicy
Amateur

Thanks Yea I know this isn't gonna be easy and I know this is gonna take years, but i've wanted to get into boxing for 2 years now, so I know ill stick with it now that I can finally afford the food and gym.
Old 06-04-2011, 11:59 AM
Bullrush
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 81 Post(s)
Rep Power: 17 Bullrush has a reputation beyond reputeBullrush has a reputation beyond reputeBullrush has a reputation beyond reputeBullrush has a reputation beyond reputeBullrush has a reputation beyond reputeBullrush has a reputation beyond reputeBullrush has a reputation beyond reputeBullrush has a reputation beyond reputeBullrush has a reputation beyond reputeBullrush has a reputation beyond reputeBullrush has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 355,110,909,054.33
Total Points: 355,190,979,738.51

go for it its gonna be a lot of fun
Old 06-04-2011, 12:03 PM
Spicy
Amateur

I can't wait to get back into shape. I used to be able to sprint for 10 minutes without stopping when I was in shape 4 years ago, so I wanna try to get that back. It took me a year to get there from being outta shape so I figure it'll take me another year at least to get there or even past that.

Share This With Friends

Tags
boxing

User Tag List