Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Boxing History
Thread Navigation

Old 06-01-2011, 02:55 PM
kendom
Interim Champion

Rep Power: 4 kendom is a name known to allkendom is a name known to allkendom is a name known to allkendom is a name known to allkendom is a name known to allkendom is a name known to all
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 6,125,598.10
Default How dare people say Joe Louis would have been knocked out by Mike Tyson?

I just saw a thread where people argued that Tyson was "bigger, faster, stronger, more powerful" so would have won and koed Louis in 1st round. Thats ridiculous, people seem to underestimate Louis chin because he was knocked out by Max Schmeling, forgetting the fact that he was knocked out by consecutive right hands over 12 rounds and was grossly out of shape. In his fight with Max Baer was Louis not taking his hardest punches? everytime Louis was knocked down he was getting up and in control before the round was over, that shows recuperative skill. Joe Louis would have beaten Mike with his jab, superior boxing skills and crushing uppercuts on the inside, Louis by eight round KO
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 06-01-2011, 03:27 PM
Barnburner
TheTartanSoldier

Rep Power: 44 Barnburner has a reputation beyond reputeBarnburner has a reputation beyond reputeBarnburner has a reputation beyond reputeBarnburner has a reputation beyond reputeBarnburner has a reputation beyond reputeBarnburner has a reputation beyond reputeBarnburner has a reputation beyond reputeBarnburner has a reputation beyond reputeBarnburner has a reputation beyond reputeBarnburner has a reputation beyond reputeBarnburner has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 145,922,227,226,033.84
Total Points: 146,312,238,601,588.72
The Greatest Vid : Barney the Great - McGoorty 3000 posts! - rorymac Keep up the top notch vids - JAB5239 Merry Crimbo! - The Surgeon To another of a select group of real boxing fans who really know their boxing history! - Terry A 
Your 4000th post and you quoted me, I'm honoured! Happy 4k :wave: - *Boss Lady* 4 the uploads! - chiguy91 Congrats on 5K solid KO's.. - !! AI-Holmes!! For you epic break down of Oreo's, and the Mayan calendar. lmaooooooooo - Sweet Pea 50 well deserved - the collector 
For the massive amount of points given - MindBat Merry X-mas Lad! Have a good un! - The Surgeon Happy New Year - Freedom. You're going to need it to beat me. - D-MiZe victory is sweet , rigotard and proud!! - HUGH JASS 
Rigonation badge of honor! - dan_cov your first post in the weed thread barn! , i know you don't smoke , keep it that way young one!! - HUGH JASS Happy birthday! Hope you have a good one. - dan_cov Boxingscene Chat room :fing02: - jose830 what up homie...just incase I want you to know I had nothing to do with that thread title change that's your thread bro - -jose- 
Lou Gehrig's Disease (ALS) - NChristo Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - NChristo Childhood Cancer - NChristo Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - NChristo Hepatitis C - NChristo 
Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - NChristo Eating Disorders - Esophageal Cancer - Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease - Irritable Bowel Syndrome - Pulmonary Hypertension - NChristo Male Breast Cancer - Pregnancy Loss - Infant Loss - Sudden Infant Death - NChristo Autism - NChristo Emphysema - Lung Cancer - Lung Disease - Multiple Sclerosis - NChristo 
Cultural Diversity - Hunger - Leukemia - Lupus - Melanoma - Racial Tolerance - Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome - Self Injury - NChristo Myasthenia Gravis - Ovarian Cancer - Sexual Assault - Substance Abuse - NChristo Hodgkin's Disease - Testicular Cancer - NChristo Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - NChristo World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - arraamis 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - chiguy91 Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - codey Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - codey Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - codey Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Daniel Alpha 

I always liked Louis by TKO in this match-up.
Old 06-01-2011, 04:00 PM
The Surgeon
Days Of Glory

Rep Power: 53 The Surgeon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Surgeon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Surgeon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Surgeon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Surgeon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Surgeon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Surgeon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Surgeon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Surgeon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Surgeon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Surgeon has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 65,624,820,661.52
Total Points: 178,609,663,209.07
Happy 18th  Birthday, Braveheart - jreckoning Yes, Cheers Amigo! - anonymousboxing Thanks for your support - Massage Queen toasting the anglo-scottish alliance - mr.crust Cotto = The man - Animalistic 
Keep visiting the History Section man! - Barnburner To one of  the really good guys in the History section. - Terry A For my best boxing scene mate - BigStereotype Who the ***k is HALGER ????? - McGoorty I know how much the scottish love their flowers so I thought I'd be nice and get you one. - eli porter 
congrats on your first article for KO Digest - fitefanSHO Green :) - dancovboxer cheers - hhs661 CHEERS MATE !!! - BERNIE'S CORNER jaja! pa la victoria de cotto! - Sin City 
For Cotto! - 120 Cheers - typeone Happy New Year! - Scott9945 Cpngrats - typeone Merry Christmas! - TartanSoldier 
Autism - The Surgeon Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - The Surgeon Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - The Surgeon Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - The Surgeon 

My two favourite fighters of ALL TIME right there.

Tyson definately packed the power plus had the speed and talent to KO Joe imo and if he did do it it would have been early, so someone saying Tyson KO 1 or KO2 to me is believable and not as disrespectfull as it sounds but on the flip side Joe was a great technition with insane power of his own and perhaps even better combinations (love both these guys when the let the power shots stream together) so a strong case can be made for him getting Tyson outta there
Old 06-01-2011, 04:39 PM
them_apples
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 20 them_apples has a reputation beyond reputethem_apples has a reputation beyond reputethem_apples has a reputation beyond reputethem_apples has a reputation beyond reputethem_apples has a reputation beyond reputethem_apples has a reputation beyond reputethem_apples has a reputation beyond reputethem_apples has a reputation beyond reputethem_apples has a reputation beyond reputethem_apples has a reputation beyond reputethem_apples has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 5,841,131,873.34
Total Points: 6,042,252,311.35
For making sense -- a rarity on BoxingScene. - S a m u r a i You make sense. Cheers, bro! - FightFreak 
Send a message via MSN to them_apples

Quote:
Originally Posted by kendom View Post
I just saw a thread where people argued that Tyson was "bigger, faster, stronger, more powerful" so would have won and koed Louis in 1st round. Thats ridiculous, people seem to underestimate Louis chin because he was knocked out by Max Schmeling, forgetting the fact that he was knocked out by consecutive right hands over 12 rounds and was grossly out of shape. In his fight with Max Baer was Louis not taking his hardest punches? everytime Louis was knocked down he was getting up and in control before the round was over, that shows recuperative skill. Joe Louis would have beaten Mike with his jab, superior boxing skills and crushing uppercuts on the inside, Louis by eight round KO
I wouldn't say the first round. But Tyson is a lot better puncher than Max Baer. It's not as simple as PSI when it comes to how good a puncher is. Not only was Tyson a very strong HW, he also possessed incredible speed and accuracy. Tyson loses when he can be pushed back and out worked, frustrated and also when Tyson isn't motivated himself. Louis is very straight forward, throws nice sharp inside punches but really hasn't seen anyone like Mike Tyson ever in his career.
Old 06-01-2011, 04:41 PM
kendom
Interim Champion

Rep Power: 4 kendom is a name known to allkendom is a name known to allkendom is a name known to allkendom is a name known to allkendom is a name known to allkendom is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Surgeon View Post
My two favourite fighters of ALL TIME right there.

Tyson definately packed the power plus had the speed and talent to KO Joe imo and if he did do it it would have been early, so someone saying Tyson KO 1 or KO2 to me is believable and not as disrespectfull as it sounds but on the flip side Joe was a great technition with insane power of his own and perhaps even better combinations (love both these guys when the let the power shots stream together) so a strong case can be made for him getting Tyson outta there
I dont think its possible for Tyson to get the early round ko, maybe a knockdown but not a ko. Maybe if Louis still made the mistake that cost him against Schmeling, but no not a pime in shape Louis. If Louis did get knocked down he would get up and use his jab and boxing skills to outbox Tyson and tie him up on the inside, remember Tyson wasnt a swarmer so Louis doesnt have to fear much, and even if Tyson was, Louis in his prime mastered how to tear swarmers apart, just watch his second fight with Arturo Godoy.
Old 06-01-2011, 04:43 PM
Check_hooks
30 yr old virgin

Rep Power: 35 Check_hooks has a reputation beyond reputeCheck_hooks has a reputation beyond reputeCheck_hooks has a reputation beyond reputeCheck_hooks has a reputation beyond reputeCheck_hooks has a reputation beyond reputeCheck_hooks has a reputation beyond reputeCheck_hooks has a reputation beyond reputeCheck_hooks has a reputation beyond reputeCheck_hooks has a reputation beyond reputeCheck_hooks has a reputation beyond reputeCheck_hooks has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 234,318,935,534.54
Total Points: 287,153,496,259.01
Just pretend it's pacquiao! - Uncle Howie Keep up the brilliant work, sir. ATG poster - Deal With It Happy New Year - Freedom. for making all the flomos cry a river each time you post - Stop for being skip bayless' neglected son - Antagonist 
have a blue parallelogram - Jack Napier Legend ass poster. Keeping dirty ass flomos on lockdown 24/7 - Neutral warrrrrrrrrrrrr pakyaw - Lotus Flower War Pac! - Talisayen Pac by brutal KO! - Talisayen 
best weekend ever - Fighting_Pride Pactard 4ever - -MARKAVELLI- Manny Manny Mannny - PAC-BOY No Message - Dehydrator Best dude wins - Capaedia 
you can name it lil pacquiao so you can shove it up your ass - xcaret IV check_hooks is the boss of all bosses - I'm so sorry check_hooks is a legend - thuggery I apologize it was uncalled for - Jloro happy holidays, great poster - sugarsmosley 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - Nemisis Gay and Lesbian Pride - NO PANIC! 

If prime Tyson got into a time machine and get a automatic title shot against Louis and Louis never got the chance to see how Mike fought than I think Mike would've knocked him out in under 6.

Prime Tyson was unlike any heavyweight boxer ever. Tyson by devastating uppercut.
Old 06-01-2011, 04:47 PM
F l i c k e r
Gunslinger

Rep Power: 43 F l i c k e r has a reputation beyond reputeF l i c k e r has a reputation beyond reputeF l i c k e r has a reputation beyond reputeF l i c k e r has a reputation beyond reputeF l i c k e r has a reputation beyond reputeF l i c k e r has a reputation beyond reputeF l i c k e r has a reputation beyond reputeF l i c k e r has a reputation beyond reputeF l i c k e r has a reputation beyond reputeF l i c k e r has a reputation beyond reputeF l i c k e r has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 10,329,593,887,393.36
Total Points: 10,329,593,988,206.06
Have one on me brotha. - Move BRICKS Cool cat, good poster - mangler cocktail hour - MANGLER Viva Antonio Margarito!!! - Jack Ruby more drank - MANGLER 
BURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR! Benny rocks! - Bloody$Nate$ good to have people like you on this forum - BoZz Merry Christmas - Flab Merry Christmas :] - dj emzz Happy holidays bro! - led 
Happy Easter :D  :kiss: - Bossy i like your avatar - zab191 Cheers, to huge titties. - Very Rich Man Happy 15k posts darling! :kiss: - Bossy Happy birthday babe! I hope you have a wonderful day. love and kisses :kiss: - Bossy 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - MANGLER Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - MANGLER 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Check_hooks View Post
If prime Tyson got into a time machine and get a automatic title shot against Louis and Louis never got the chance to see how Mike fought than I think Mike would've knocked him out in under 6.

Prime Tyson was unlike any heavyweight boxer ever. Tyson by devastating uppercut.

lol, agreed. Tyson would have iced him. I don't think by uppercut, most likely a hook but never the less it would be a knockout. I would have to say it would be sad for Joe to get owned like I think he would get owned.
Old 06-01-2011, 04:52 PM
kendom
Interim Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by them_apples View Post
I wouldn't say the first round. But Tyson is a lot better puncher than Max Baer. It's not as simple as PSI when it comes to how good a puncher is. Not only was Tyson a very strong HW, he also possessed incredible speed and accuracy. Tyson loses when he can be pushed back and out worked, frustrated and also when Tyson isn't motivated himself. Louis is very straight forward, throws nice sharp inside punches but really hasn't seen anyone like Mike Tyson ever in his career.
Tyson would definetly have been pushed back and frustrated and Louis was a master of catching his opponent coming in, Holyfields counter punching ability gave Tyson problems, Louis was more effective, his footwork decieving his opponents and drawing them in and his power much greater, on the inside Tyson would be peppered with uppercuts, watch the second fight with Godoy Louis is constantly circling out of the swarmers way, using his jab and uppercuts powerful enough to lift a 230lb Tony Galento off his feet and Godoy had good head movement.

Last edited by kendom; 06-02-2011 at 12:09 PM.
Old 06-01-2011, 04:59 PM
kendom
Interim Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Check_hooks View Post

Come on lets not overrate Tyson here, prime Tyson would have lost to a great host of heavyweights and Louis was one of them, Louis surpasses him in handspeed, slighty in punching power, has the height and reach advantage and better boxing skills and to knock him out with an uppercut Tyson would have to get on the inside and Louis was a much better infighter than he was, with better body punching and feints. Tyson was a mid range fighter.
Old 06-01-2011, 05:00 PM
kendom
Interim Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by F l i c k e r View Post
lol, agreed. Tyson would have iced him. I don't think by uppercut, most likely a hook but never the less it would be a knockout. I would have to say it would be sad for Joe to get owned like I think he would get owned.
Exactly how would he get owned? Elaborate sir