Boxing Forum
  Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade
Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Non Boxing Talk > Member Lounges
Register Blogs Chat Arcade Groups Mark Forums Read

Old 10-05-2013, 02:01 AM
Hyper Knuckles
Knights of the Round

Rep Power: 7 Hyper Knuckles has a reputation beyond reputeHyper Knuckles has a reputation beyond reputeHyper Knuckles has a reputation beyond reputeHyper Knuckles has a reputation beyond reputeHyper Knuckles has a reputation beyond reputeHyper Knuckles has a reputation beyond reputeHyper Knuckles has a reputation beyond reputeHyper Knuckles has a reputation beyond reputeHyper Knuckles has a reputation beyond reputeHyper Knuckles has a reputation beyond reputeHyper Knuckles has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 686,067,576,730.24
Total Points: 926,425,099,492.27
A Toast to a great Cotto Victory! - The Surgeon Here you go man! - codey Good post bro. keep up the good work. - codey A toast for the return of the King, congrats. - Dinamita 03 
Eating Disorders - Esophageal Cancer - Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease - Irritable Bowel Syndrome - Pulmonary Hypertension - codey Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - Hyper Knuckles 
Default Just bought my little sister a macbook pro i5 for her birthday

It's in near mint condition, 13 inch screen with 500 gigs and a sh1t ton of other specs I couldn't begin to describe because I'm so technologically impaired when it comes to apple products.
Anyways I bought it from a buddy who owns a tech shop for about a grand. Did I make a mistake? I've been told it's a verrrry valuable commodity and most teenagers don't walk around with college level notebooks packed with as much content as these macs have on them. She's a bright kid but I don't see her delving into computer engineering or software programming within the next two years of highschool.
She's also very responsible for her age so I don't think it's treatment will be an issue. Are these things built to fail or do you see her carrying it through HS, College and beyond(career)? Because that was the initial idea but someone mentioned that the programs were extremely difficult to navigate and so forth and actually asked if I would rather swap for an HP Elite in new condition(owner returned unit immediately) and a refund of 150. What do you guys think? Is the macbook pro too much for her?
Old 10-05-2013, 09:13 AM
Hyper Knuckles
Knights of the Round

Rep Power: 7 Hyper Knuckles has a reputation beyond reputeHyper Knuckles has a reputation beyond reputeHyper Knuckles has a reputation beyond reputeHyper Knuckles has a reputation beyond reputeHyper Knuckles has a reputation beyond reputeHyper Knuckles has a reputation beyond reputeHyper Knuckles has a reputation beyond reputeHyper Knuckles has a reputation beyond reputeHyper Knuckles has a reputation beyond reputeHyper Knuckles has a reputation beyond reputeHyper Knuckles has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 686,067,576,730.24
Total Points: 926,425,099,492.27
A Toast to a great Cotto Victory! - The Surgeon Here you go man! - codey Good post bro. keep up the good work. - codey A toast for the return of the King, congrats. - Dinamita 03 
Eating Disorders - Esophageal Cancer - Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease - Irritable Bowel Syndrome - Pulmonary Hypertension - codey Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - Hyper Knuckles 

dat bump ...
Where all my mac ppl @?
Old 12-05-2013, 08:23 AM
boxoffice
Amateur

Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 371.16

It is not too much but I would say she is still young to have a macbook pro. and you are right, it might be difficult at the moment for her to navigate the programs. Better to let her start with the basic models. HP Elite would be fine or any other brand that would suit her. Anyway, you'll be getting a brand new one right? So I guess it would be a perfect gift for her rather than a 2nd hand.