Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing
Thread Navigation

Old 05-26-2011, 04:46 PM
MeanGreen1991
Up and Comer

Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 10,419.05
Default Assuming Oscar's Twitter statement makes way for business between TR & GB..

It may be a little early, but what are some of the best fights that can be made between these two promoters? Hope you guys will take the time to read my analysis on three of the best fights that these two can make

at 135, we could have Top Rank's Brandon Rios against Golden Boy's Robert Guerrero; now, i'm by no means a fan of the Ghost, but he proved he is more than capable of shutting down an all pressure fighter in his last outing against Michael Katsidis; although i'd have to say Rios is a better technical fighter, he sets up his punches with his jab and follows up until he breaks down his opponent; in Rios last outing against Miguel Acosta, it was proven he is vulnerable against counter punchers and can be kept at a distance; Guerrero can easily do likewise, but for how long? Rios has a very good chin, and eventually comes on in the late rounds, this would be an interesting matchup

at 147, we could have Top Rank's Manny Pacquiao against Golden Boy's Victor Ortiz; i'll be honest, prior to his fight with Andre Berto, I never really considered Ortiz as a viable challenge to the pound for pound king; after seeing that fight, it showed me a more determined Ortiz; after being knocked down twice, he turned the tide and pulled through; now, assuming Golden Boy is still representing Floyd Mayweather, that would be my first choice against Manny; but with his impending trial soon, and the rumors that he may team up with Don King, Floyd isnt exactly a sure bet at the moment; which is what led me to Ortiz; a quick, strong young fighter, who packs power in both hands, and speed amongst the likes Pacquiao hasn't really seen lately; throw in the fact he's also a southpaw, which I cant recall the last time Manny fought one, and this could be an interesting fight on paper; Ortiz would have a nice chance; however, Ortiz has never fought a fighter with the sheer volume that Pacquiao delivers, throw in all the unique angles, the speed and power, and Ortiz may have quite a load on his plate; his victory against Berto may have garnered him some respect in terms of heart, but it's not out of the realms of possibility he could have another nervous breakdown similar to his fight against Maidana; remember it would Pacquiao across the ring, a whole different monster

at 118, assuming Top Rank wins their case in regards to Nonito Donaire, we'd have Top Rank's Nonito Donaire against Golden Boy's Abner Mares; I like Mares, he's a good boxer, decent speed and pop, he holds his own; he's got a solid amateur background, becoming a 2004 Mexican Olympian; he had a great fight against Yohnny Perez last May, and followed it up with a mild upset against Vic Darchinyan, surprising quite a few; this a top caliber fighter without a doubt; but Donaire is starting to come into his own, improving with every fight, each in more brutal and convincing fashion; the crimson mask he left over Wladimir Sidorenko in December was quite a sight; followed by a knockout victory which nearly left Fernando Montiel paralyzed from a flush left hook; Donaire stated it was "the hardest punch" he had ever thrown, but all signs indicate another opponent will soon touch the canvas in colder fashion, the sky's the limit for the young Filipino, I see great things for him; with that said, I dont really think many can rival him at the moment at 118 and 122, but Mares appears to be the stiffest test Golden Boy can present Top Rank and Nonito Donaire;

I hope you guys read this post the whole way through, and id love to hear your opinions on this fights and other possible fights that you believe can be made between Top Rank and Golden Boy, any input would be appreciated
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 05-26-2011, 05:37 PM
lx!!
Interim Champion

Rep Power: 5 lx!! has a reputation beyond reputelx!! has a reputation beyond reputelx!! has a reputation beyond reputelx!! has a reputation beyond reputelx!! has a reputation beyond reputelx!! has a reputation beyond reputelx!! has a reputation beyond reputelx!! has a reputation beyond reputelx!! has a reputation beyond reputelx!! has a reputation beyond reputelx!! has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 37,112.26
Thanks for joining the discussion in my thread about GF's and boxing, its nice to hear everyones experiences with being a fan of the sport!!! - Atreyu Khalil No Message - Tha_Greatest 

This will be GREAT for the sport if they worked together. The fights that can be made will be dreams come true for the fans. Here's my list. ( excuse mr if I forget any feel free to ad to the list.)

Cotto VS Canelo
Soto VS. Marquez
Nonito VS Mares
Ortiz VS PAC
Clotey VS berto or even Ortiz
Ect ect
Old 05-26-2011, 05:40 PM
Southpawology
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 17 Southpawology has a reputation beyond reputeSouthpawology has a reputation beyond reputeSouthpawology has a reputation beyond reputeSouthpawology has a reputation beyond reputeSouthpawology has a reputation beyond reputeSouthpawology has a reputation beyond reputeSouthpawology has a reputation beyond reputeSouthpawology has a reputation beyond reputeSouthpawology has a reputation beyond reputeSouthpawology has a reputation beyond reputeSouthpawology has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 90,101,364,485.17
The Maidana Team - LoadedWraps A foot soldier of NSB! - LoadedWraps 

cotto vs ortiz

rios vs katsidis

khan vs rios
Old 05-26-2011, 05:44 PM
JDezi4
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 12 JDezi4 has a reputation beyond reputeJDezi4 has a reputation beyond reputeJDezi4 has a reputation beyond reputeJDezi4 has a reputation beyond reputeJDezi4 has a reputation beyond reputeJDezi4 has a reputation beyond reputeJDezi4 has a reputation beyond reputeJDezi4 has a reputation beyond reputeJDezi4 has a reputation beyond reputeJDezi4 has a reputation beyond reputeJDezi4 has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 100,194,133.89
STORMTROOPERS - DonMega 

Guerrero vs Rios is one I'm really looking forward to....

Also Rios vs Ortiz
Old 05-26-2011, 05:45 PM
Mr Randy Watson
Interim Champion

Rep Power: 5 Mr Randy Watson has a brilliant futureMr Randy Watson has a brilliant futureMr Randy Watson has a brilliant futureMr Randy Watson has a brilliant futureMr Randy Watson has a brilliant futureMr Randy Watson has a brilliant futureMr Randy Watson has a brilliant futureMr Randy Watson has a brilliant futureMr Randy Watson has a brilliant futureMr Randy Watson has a brilliant futureMr Randy Watson has a brilliant future
Bank: 151,385,089.91
Total Points: 100,651,400,260.35

i'd like to see berto vs cotto if cotto is comfortable @ 147.
Old 05-26-2011, 05:45 PM
vcvc
Banned

Rep Power: 0 vcvc has a reputation beyond reputevcvc has a reputation beyond reputevcvc has a reputation beyond reputevcvc has a reputation beyond reputevcvc has a reputation beyond reputevcvc has a reputation beyond reputevcvc has a reputation beyond reputevcvc has a reputation beyond reputevcvc has a reputation beyond reputevcvc has a reputation beyond reputevcvc has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 7,268,926,712.29
Total Points: 7,279,414,036.44
No Message - AL YANKAB*TCH No Message - kyshenko team here brother, no need to use bananas anymore - kyshenko team Respect - D.I.E.S.E.L For the youth club - BostonGuy 
youth club - BostonGuy a true n bomb - dj Benze :) - Bossy and another - Bossy No Message - Bossy 
No Message - Bossy faggot - project xxx1 sit on this - project xxx1 use this on emz - project xxx1 wipe your tears away bitch - project xxx1 
stick in your ass - project xxx1 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - kyshenko team 

Khan v Bradley (if he signs with TR)
Old 05-26-2011, 05:49 PM
Mojita
U.S. Marine

Rep Power: 11 Mojita has a reputation beyond reputeMojita has a reputation beyond reputeMojita has a reputation beyond reputeMojita has a reputation beyond reputeMojita has a reputation beyond reputeMojita has a reputation beyond reputeMojita has a reputation beyond reputeMojita has a reputation beyond reputeMojita has a reputation beyond reputeMojita has a reputation beyond reputeMojita has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 3,624,303,124.65
Total Points: 102,624,313,026.33
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - jazluvr Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - jazluvr Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - jazluvr 

Berto is a dibella fighter not gb
Old 05-26-2011, 06:06 PM
23|1|26|1|1
Banned

Rep Power: 0 23|1|26|1|1 has much to be proud of23|1|26|1|1 has much to be proud of23|1|26|1|1 has much to be proud of23|1|26|1|1 has much to be proud of23|1|26|1|1 has much to be proud of23|1|26|1|1 has much to be proud of23|1|26|1|1 has much to be proud of23|1|26|1|1 has much to be proud of23|1|26|1|1 has much to be proud of23|1|26|1|1 has much to be proud of
Total Points: 48,272.30

Khan vs Bradley (if Bradley signs with TR)

Ortiz vs Rios
Old 05-26-2011, 06:40 PM
Pullcounter
Banned

Rep Power: 0 Pullcounter has a reputation beyond reputePullcounter has a reputation beyond reputePullcounter has a reputation beyond reputePullcounter has a reputation beyond reputePullcounter has a reputation beyond reputePullcounter has a reputation beyond reputePullcounter has a reputation beyond reputePullcounter has a reputation beyond reputePullcounter has a reputation beyond reputePullcounter has a reputation beyond reputePullcounter has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 57,096,339.38
Total Points: 1,105,380,045.02
'Bout time you had a gift. - S a m u r a i 1 of the few unbiased cats on here - mangler If my daddy thinks you're a good poster, then so do I :) - mangler jr Cheers, to postin wit common sense - mangler Calling it as it is - Tom Flores 
stay shittin on em - MANGLER have a blue parallelogram - Jack Napier 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Spacey1991 Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - jazluvr449 AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - mangler Gay and Lesbian Pride - check hook Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Timmy Chans 

chaver jr vs the ginger kid
pac vs wifebeater
mike jones vs ortiz
rios vs guerrero
nonito vs mares
khan vs rios
rios vs ortiz
rios vs maidana

etc...
Old 05-26-2011, 06:44 PM
Hiei
Banned

Total Points: 485,077.68
sorry about the thread - MANIAC310 Caballito Blanco y su Fidel Castro jr LoL - MANIAC310 

Mayweather vs Pac?