moving up in weight... - Boxing Forum
Boxing Forum
Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Training & Nutrition

Old 09-26-2005, 07:29 PM #1
Purple nd Gold

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
.::EnRiQuE::. has a reputation beyond repute.::EnRiQuE::. has a reputation beyond repute.::EnRiQuE::. has a reputation beyond repute.::EnRiQuE::. has a reputation beyond repute.::EnRiQuE::. has a reputation beyond repute.::EnRiQuE::. has a reputation beyond repute.::EnRiQuE::. has a reputation beyond repute.::EnRiQuE::. has a reputation beyond repute.::EnRiQuE::. has a reputation beyond repute.::EnRiQuE::. has a reputation beyond repute.::EnRiQuE::. has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 18,043,529.19
Total Points: 18,069,313.47
Default moving up in weight...

i'm almost 5'8" and fight at 106...i'm thinking about lifting a LITTLE BIT of weights to move up to 112 or maybe a bit higher cuz being this skinny sucks...
does it seem like a good idea??? if weights isn't the right idea, then wat should i do to gain the weight in a healthy manner...
.::EnRiQuE::. is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 09-26-2005, 07:55 PM #2
Purple nd Gold

.::EnRiQuE::. has a reputation beyond repute.::EnRiQuE::. has a reputation beyond repute.::EnRiQuE::. has a reputation beyond repute.::EnRiQuE::. has a reputation beyond repute.::EnRiQuE::. has a reputation beyond repute.::EnRiQuE::. has a reputation beyond repute.::EnRiQuE::. has a reputation beyond repute.::EnRiQuE::. has a reputation beyond repute.::EnRiQuE::. has a reputation beyond repute.::EnRiQuE::. has a reputation beyond repute.::EnRiQuE::. has a reputation beyond repute

no advice huh...???
Old 09-26-2005, 08:15 PM #3
Contender

BigDozer260 has a reputation beyond reputeBigDozer260 has a reputation beyond reputeBigDozer260 has a reputation beyond reputeBigDozer260 has a reputation beyond reputeBigDozer260 has a reputation beyond reputeBigDozer260 has a reputation beyond reputeBigDozer260 has a reputation beyond reputeBigDozer260 has a reputation beyond reputeBigDozer260 has a reputation beyond reputeBigDozer260 has a reputation beyond reputeBigDozer260 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 23,748.52

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2NdRoUnDkO
i'm almost 5'8" and fight at 106...i'm thinking about lifting a LITTLE BIT of weights to move up to 112 or maybe a bit higher cuz being this skinny sucks...
does it seem like a good idea??? if weights isn't the right idea, then wat should i do to gain the weight in a healthy manner...
You can either gain muscle, fat, or water weight. Obviously water weight is temporary, fat is also not the way to go, only one more choice, lean muscle mass. How do you build lean muscle mass? The best choice for that would be resistance training. Body weight exercises create a low ceiling of adaptation, meaning your results will begin to diminish very quickly because the body will adapt and cease hypertrophy/strength gains. You can only truly overload the muscle with progressive forms of resistance,(i.e. weight training). Hope that answers your questions.
BigDozer260 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2005, 09:27 PM #4
Banned

SPIDERO has a reputation beyond reputeSPIDERO has a reputation beyond reputeSPIDERO has a reputation beyond reputeSPIDERO has a reputation beyond reputeSPIDERO has a reputation beyond reputeSPIDERO has a reputation beyond reputeSPIDERO has a reputation beyond reputeSPIDERO has a reputation beyond reputeSPIDERO has a reputation beyond reputeSPIDERO has a reputation beyond reputeSPIDERO has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 19,623.00

Eat EAt and EAT! you have to eat plenty of good food, learn to cook your own food and go buy your groceries yourself go with your mom to the supermarket and buy lots of fish and chicken and white or brown rice and vegatables and eat small meals. 6 to 7 small meals a day every 2 to 3 hours. I would stay away from weights at your age just do what your doing hit the heavy bag and running and all that stuff but just eat plenty your young so stay away from heavy weights.
SPIDERO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2005, 09:30 PM #5
PunchThatMakesUPanic

Sweat has a reputation beyond reputeSweat has a reputation beyond reputeSweat has a reputation beyond reputeSweat has a reputation beyond reputeSweat has a reputation beyond reputeSweat has a reputation beyond reputeSweat has a reputation beyond reputeSweat has a reputation beyond reputeSweat has a reputation beyond reputeSweat has a reputation beyond reputeSweat has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 86,563.10

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDozer260
You can either gain muscle, fat, or water weight. Obviously water weight is temporary, fat is also not the way to go, only one more choice, lean muscle mass. How do you build lean muscle mass? The best choice for that would be resistance training. Body weight exercises create a low ceiling of adaptation, meaning your results will begin to diminish very quickly because the body will adapt and cease hypertrophy/strength gains. You can only truly overload the muscle with progressive forms of resistance,(i.e. weight training). Hope that answers your questions.
Listen to this guy.. he is an expert to this kinda things.
Sweat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2005, 09:59 PM #6
Purple nd Gold

thanks guys...
Old 09-26-2005, 10:58 PM #7
Latinos Unidos

SilentButViolent has a reputation beyond reputeSilentButViolent has a reputation beyond reputeSilentButViolent has a reputation beyond reputeSilentButViolent has a reputation beyond reputeSilentButViolent has a reputation beyond reputeSilentButViolent has a reputation beyond reputeSilentButViolent has a reputation beyond reputeSilentButViolent has a reputation beyond reputeSilentButViolent has a reputation beyond reputeSilentButViolent has a reputation beyond reputeSilentButViolent has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 27,829.00
Send a message via Yahoo to SilentButViolent

dayummmmmmmmmmmmmm....i like your avatar 2ndrdko
SilentButViolent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2005, 11:03 PM #8
Purple nd Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by xXslimXx
dayummmmmmmmmmmmmm....i like your avatar 2ndrdko
you have to get rid of those .gif's in ur sig...its a new rule that Rick REeno put up...get rid of it or they'll get rid of you
Old 09-26-2005, 11:10 PM #9
Contender

ImSicilian has a reputation beyond reputeImSicilian has a reputation beyond reputeImSicilian has a reputation beyond reputeImSicilian has a reputation beyond reputeImSicilian has a reputation beyond reputeImSicilian has a reputation beyond reputeImSicilian has a reputation beyond reputeImSicilian has a reputation beyond reputeImSicilian has a reputation beyond reputeImSicilian has a reputation beyond reputeImSicilian has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 16,354.00

I would suggest taking weight gainer and lifting some weights. You seem to have a high metabolism so it may be harder for you to gain weight.
ImSicilian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2005, 12:14 AM #10
Purple nd Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImSicilian
I would suggest taking weight gainer and lifting some weights. You seem to have a high metabolism so it may be harder for you to gain weight.
very true...i can eat almost anything i want and still be thin...its fun

Share This With Friends

User Tag List