Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing
Thread Navigation

Old 05-18-2011, 01:59 PM
IMDAZED
You'll catch feelings

Rep Power: 91 IMDAZED has a reputation beyond reputeIMDAZED has a reputation beyond reputeIMDAZED has a reputation beyond reputeIMDAZED has a reputation beyond reputeIMDAZED has a reputation beyond reputeIMDAZED has a reputation beyond reputeIMDAZED has a reputation beyond reputeIMDAZED has a reputation beyond reputeIMDAZED has a reputation beyond reputeIMDAZED has a reputation beyond reputeIMDAZED has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 134,674,088,675,792.81
Total Points: 1,000,136,677,254,173,056.00
for knowing your stuff! - natas206 thanks for the info. - TRUTH For that homerun of a post, bud. - Sweet Pea 50 An apple for one of BoxingScene's most knowledgeable posters - danc1984 BOOM - Fiend 
Excellent poster - ADDICT MOH. For continously educating NSB. - BattlingNelson been a while mate! - Tamis_Siensya No Message - WESS 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrewWoodside View Post
The onus is on Floyd simply b/c general public and everyone in the media is waiting for Floyd to agree to fight Manny. Anytime anyone on ESPN speaks on boxing they mention when will Mayweather step up and fight Pacquiao already. Whether you agree with them or not, the cast of PTI and commentators a like are an accurate reflection of the momentum of this debate. They are talking about Floyd NOT fighting Manny and not about Manny taking Peds. The onus is on Floyd, and using his own personal news website to pick spots and release bits of information is doing nothing to change this.
There is no onus here. None. We already know what's holding up the fight. So it doesn't matter who reaches out to whom if those terms aren't agreed upon. End of story.
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 05-18-2011, 02:00 PM
FerdinandMarcos
Banned

Rep Power: 0 FerdinandMarcos is infamous around these partsFerdinandMarcos is infamous around these partsFerdinandMarcos is infamous around these partsFerdinandMarcos is infamous around these partsFerdinandMarcos is infamous around these partsFerdinandMarcos is infamous around these partsFerdinandMarcos is infamous around these partsFerdinandMarcos is infamous around these partsFerdinandMarcos is infamous around these partsFerdinandMarcos is infamous around these partsFerdinandMarcos is infamous around these parts
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 46,844.25

Quote:
Originally Posted by (ROY) View Post
just take the blood test manny
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Old 05-18-2011, 02:01 PM
IronDanHamza
IronDanHamza

Rep Power: 69 IronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 2,951,019,611,277,710.50
Total Points: 2,980,239,727,420,438.00
One of the best posters on the site. - Barnburner medal of honor - New England For ur award winning thread buddy - The Surgeon For getting more than 80% on my quiz. - Barnburner Super-Poster - McGoorty 
You have excellent boxing knowledge keep sharing! - rorymac Prize for thread contributions - McGoorty Merry Crimbo - The Surgeon for the facts... - Alx. Thanks for joining the discussion in my thread about GF's and boxing, its nice to hear everyones experiences with being a fan of the sport!!! - Atreyu Khalil 
Cool dude - BoxingGenius27 Happy New Year - Freedom. on the house... - mathed IronDanHamza knows boxing! - LoadedWraps Your unconditional love for Floyd - Freedom2014 
Lou Gehrig's Disease (ALS) - New England Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Barnburner Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - Barnburner 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAKYO View Post
You keep saying media and you keep citing ESPN, are you saying now it's only ESPN or the media? Because for me, if you say the "media" that means the whole media mainstream and everyone who broadcast, print makes commentaries, reports news, or whatever a media does.

So mind telling me clearly WHO is putting floyd in higher standards, the MEDIA as a whole or only ESPN?
No, I'm not saying that. I think my post indicates I'm not saying that.

I didn't even bring up the media, I responded to a comment regarding the Media's apparent view on Floyd Mayweather. I'm struggling to why you keep asking me about the media. I'm really not bothered by it. I merely responded to someone who suggested the media do, for specified reasons.

My personal view is the media seem to hold him in a higher standard, I know ESPN do. Before you tell me all I'm talking about is ESPN, no, I don't mean just ESPN..I just know ESPN do. I say this simply because alot of people in the media also take Manny's comments and videos on taking the tests as legit Floyd Mayweather's. That's it. My point being that both are as unlegit as each other.

My orginal statment is merely that he is held to a higher standard by fans, fans in general and fans on this board. To which I specifed in earlier posts.

Why that is you ask? Again, I don't know.

Last edited by IronDanHamza; 05-18-2011 at 02:03 PM.
Old 05-18-2011, 02:02 PM
brick wall
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 25 brick wall has a reputation beyond reputebrick wall has a reputation beyond reputebrick wall has a reputation beyond reputebrick wall has a reputation beyond reputebrick wall has a reputation beyond reputebrick wall has a reputation beyond reputebrick wall has a reputation beyond reputebrick wall has a reputation beyond reputebrick wall has a reputation beyond reputebrick wall has a reputation beyond reputebrick wall has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 691,167,872,591,341.00
Total Points: 691,167,874,696,873.75
Autism - Lorily 

i'll defend floyd to death...but i'm not a *****...lmao what a joke
Old 05-18-2011, 02:02 PM
DrewWoodside
Lifestyle..Regular!

Rep Power: 31 DrewWoodside has a reputation beyond reputeDrewWoodside has a reputation beyond reputeDrewWoodside has a reputation beyond reputeDrewWoodside has a reputation beyond reputeDrewWoodside has a reputation beyond reputeDrewWoodside has a reputation beyond reputeDrewWoodside has a reputation beyond reputeDrewWoodside has a reputation beyond reputeDrewWoodside has a reputation beyond reputeDrewWoodside has a reputation beyond reputeDrewWoodside has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 2,468,569,614.61
Total Points: 2,478,946,213.47
your gift shelf looks empty...lets add some liquor - Makavelli pinoys arent allowed to just drink and give one beer...here's one more - Makavelli 3 beers are better than 2 - Makavelli and 4 is better than 3 - Makavelli more beer - Makavelli 
Something to snack on while you watch it all go down. - danny711 Nice to see you Drew - deanrw 

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMDAZED View Post
There is no onus here. None. We already know what's holding up the fight. So it doesn't matter who reaches out to whom if those terms aren't agreed upon. End of story.
Well in terms of public perception there is a level of importance. The person who ultimately ends up looking more like the coward is the person who the said onus would have last rested on. I don't necessarily agree that's how it should be perceived, but that's the reality. Perception on boxing websites, and among enthusiasts on the other hand is likely a different story.

I think Floyd needs to clear up his legal issues, many of which he could have completely and easily avoided in the first place. Then, Teams Floyd and Manny need to make another honest effort at this. On some level, it seems as if both teams are very content not fighting one another.
Old 05-18-2011, 02:03 PM
-MAKAVELLI-
deicide

Rep Power: 317 -MAKAVELLI- has a reputation beyond repute-MAKAVELLI- has a reputation beyond repute-MAKAVELLI- has a reputation beyond repute-MAKAVELLI- has a reputation beyond repute-MAKAVELLI- has a reputation beyond repute-MAKAVELLI- has a reputation beyond repute-MAKAVELLI- has a reputation beyond repute-MAKAVELLI- has a reputation beyond repute-MAKAVELLI- has a reputation beyond repute-MAKAVELLI- has a reputation beyond repute-MAKAVELLI- has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 12,763,126,097,393,776,640.00
Total Points: 12,763,726,210,477,809,664.00
Feliz Navidad - El Mustang merry xmas - Ether Happy Holidays Makie!  :kiss: - Lorily Christmas Beer! Cheers you crazy bastard. - ThePhantom5 42k post medal! - Flabulous 
For good luck - jazluvr I heard you're big, but don't worry Tua is bigger - Uns Happy holidays bro! - led* Happy New Year, bro. - Libido Sanchez Happy Holidays MAKAVELLI - !! AI-Holmes!! 
have a Happy and safe New Years bro! - jose830 Happy New Year - Freedom. Tagay para sa new year! - led* Happy Holidays, bud! - jazluvr Funniest poster on site, here's a burger - jas 
Old School Thread - -jose- From your pal, BeerBro - Beercules damn son! you one handsome fellow! and with all do respect...Wow!!! that girl you with is Bad!!! definitely wifey material. - -jose- Sorry for the my in the moment RED K, here is a medal. - BrushMyHair that shit was funny bro :lol1: I literally cracked up - -jose- 
Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - S a m u r a i Head and Neck Cancer - S a m u r a i Alzheimer's - Crohn's & Colitis - Cystic Fibrosis - Domestic Violence - Fibromyalgia - Leimyosarcoma - Lupus - S a m u r a i Childhood Cancer - ??? Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - Jim Jeffries 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - deanrw Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - The Gully Gad Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - Pretty Boy32 Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - dans01234 Head and Neck Cancer - PensionKiller 
Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - JM1 Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - Akinapepemo Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - Akinapepemo Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - MARKBNLV Childhood Cancer - LeeVanCleef 
Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - jazluvr Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - jazluvr Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Ether Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - Ether Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - jose830 

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMDAZED View Post
Love the "Manny never tried" angle even better.

Keep it up, Packytard. Are you gonna make one of your "I'm worried about my sweetheart getting hurt" threads before the Marquez fight? Hmm? F*cking clown.

damn....that's some major butthurt in that post Dazed...why you mad? all i did was suggest for Floyd to try harder

"im worried about my sweetheat getting hurt"

sounds like your theme defending Floyd in this thread

i didnt mean to hit a nerve bro...really...i dont know why you're so angry
Old 05-18-2011, 02:04 PM
THE REED™
That Admin Money

Rep Power: 200000 THE REED™ has a reputation beyond reputeTHE REED™ has a reputation beyond reputeTHE REED™ has a reputation beyond reputeTHE REED™ has a reputation beyond reputeTHE REED™ has a reputation beyond reputeTHE REED™ has a reputation beyond reputeTHE REED™ has a reputation beyond reputeTHE REED™ has a reputation beyond reputeTHE REED™ has a reputation beyond reputeTHE REED™ has a reputation beyond reputeTHE REED™ has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 3,246,467,722,195,169,280.00
Total Points: 3,246,468,746,142,103,040.00
For being so BOSS! - komodo Straight up G! - komodo Thanks man :hail: - komodo Top man! - komodo BOSS - komodo 
Good talking boxing sir - Atreyu Khalil 50k Posts - Unknown Champ for the Super 50,000 post... - jose830 Congrats on 50K solid KO's.. - !! AI-Holmes!! 50k Posts - BulgariasFinest 
50,000 - TBear Super Mod! Congrats on 50k Reed :D - Bossy 50K - -Mustang- 50k, congrats bro - MELLY-MEL... can't be touched. - Body Movin' 
Happy holidays bro! - led* Happy Birthday champ! - LoadedWraps Congrats on engagement! - Spacey1991 your daughter is adorable, Bless her :fing02: - -jose- is good to put a face to the name THE REED™ even doe you look nothing how I expected lol...I'll give you an 8.5 out of 10...good luck with your future wife :usa2: - -jose- 
Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - BattlingNelson Myasthenia Gravis - Ovarian Cancer - Sexual Assault - Substance Abuse - mangler World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - dans01234 AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - !! AI-Holmes!! Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - S a m u r a i 
Aphasia - Asthma/Allergies - Brain Cancer - Brain Tumors - Diabetes - Mental Illness - S a m u r a i Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - S a m u r a i Cultural Diversity - Hunger - Leukemia - Lupus - Melanoma - Racial Tolerance - Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome - Self Injury - mangler AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - -veteran420- Head and Neck Cancer - Dominicano Soy! 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Makavelli Alzheimer's - Crohn's & Colitis - Cystic Fibrosis - Domestic Violence - Fibromyalgia - Leimyosarcoma - Lupus - Makavelli Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - jazluvr Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - jazluvr Alzheimer's - Crohn's & Colitis - Cystic Fibrosis - Domestic Violence - Fibromyalgia - Leimyosarcoma - Lupus - QUELOQUE 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Freedom Fighter Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Dorian.. Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - iBreakbeat Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - Dorian Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Atreyu Khalil 

Can you guys leave the personal attacks out of NSB.

Keep it purely boxing.

Thanks.
Old 05-18-2011, 02:05 PM
IMDAZED
You'll catch feelings

Rep Power: 91 IMDAZED has a reputation beyond reputeIMDAZED has a reputation beyond reputeIMDAZED has a reputation beyond reputeIMDAZED has a reputation beyond reputeIMDAZED has a reputation beyond reputeIMDAZED has a reputation beyond reputeIMDAZED has a reputation beyond reputeIMDAZED has a reputation beyond reputeIMDAZED has a reputation beyond reputeIMDAZED has a reputation beyond reputeIMDAZED has a reputation beyond repute
for knowing your stuff! - natas206 thanks for the info. - TRUTH For that homerun of a post, bud. - Sweet Pea 50 An apple for one of BoxingScene's most knowledgeable posters - danc1984 BOOM - Fiend 
Excellent poster - ADDICT MOH. For continously educating NSB. - BattlingNelson been a while mate! - Tamis_Siensya No Message - WESS 

Quote:
Originally Posted by -MAKAVELLI- View Post

Nah, sounds like a thread you made. No need for interpretation there huh, Packytard?
Old 05-18-2011, 02:05 PM
Roja's480
What The Ph*k

Rep Power: 8 Roja's480 has a reputation beyond reputeRoja's480 has a reputation beyond reputeRoja's480 has a reputation beyond reputeRoja's480 has a reputation beyond reputeRoja's480 has a reputation beyond reputeRoja's480 has a reputation beyond reputeRoja's480 has a reputation beyond reputeRoja's480 has a reputation beyond reputeRoja's480 has a reputation beyond reputeRoja's480 has a reputation beyond reputeRoja's480 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,333,223,590.45
Total Points: 52,949,291,545.66
No Message - Cleto_Reyes Regalo! - MANIAC310 superhombre! - MANIAC310 here you go man - bigdlb12 cool poster right here... cheers bro. - Cuauhtéputo 
A gift for ya.. - !! AI-Holmes!! A gift for ya.. - !! AI-Holmes!! gracias - ClitschKO_cuzn A massive red kiss for you xx - *Boss Lady* happy new year - bigsmoothh 
Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - Hard Dick Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - Hard Dick 

Quote:
Originally Posted by -MAKAVELLI- View Post
damn....that's some major butthurt in that post Dazed...why you mad? all i did was suggest for Floyd to try harder

i didnt mean to hit a nerve bro...really...i dont know why you're so angry
just take the blood test manny
Old 05-18-2011, 02:06 PM
IMDAZED
You'll catch feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrewWoodside View Post
Well in terms of public perception there is a level of importance. The person who ultimately ends up looking more like the coward is the person who the said onus would have last rested on. I don't necessarily agree that's how it should be perceived, but that's the reality. Perception on boxing websites, and among enthusiasts on the other hand is likely a different story.

I think Floyd needs to clear up his legal issues, many of which he could have completely and easily avoided in the first place. Then, Teams Floyd and Manny need to make another honest effort at this. On some level, it seems as if both teams are very content not fighting one another.
I agree, Manny has definitely won the PR war - which is what he set out to do when he dropped the opportunity to fight in the ring and went to court. Regardless, that's irrelevant to facts. PR usually is (see: any war of the past 100 years). The bottom line is that the onus doesn't matter - if terms aren't agreed upon, this fight isn't happening. There is only one hold up. So figure it out.