Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing
Thread Navigation

Old 05-17-2011, 02:43 PM
Monkz
Are you not entertained?

Rep Power: 24 Monkz has a reputation beyond reputeMonkz has a reputation beyond reputeMonkz has a reputation beyond reputeMonkz has a reputation beyond reputeMonkz has a reputation beyond reputeMonkz has a reputation beyond reputeMonkz has a reputation beyond reputeMonkz has a reputation beyond reputeMonkz has a reputation beyond reputeMonkz has a reputation beyond reputeMonkz has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 488,426,773,354.04
Total Points: 488,426,880,662.95
Get that down ya! - The Surgeon Top poster!! - John Locke i hear it rains a lot in your neck of the woods?!?! - -veteran420- This keeps Mexicans away, mate - Right Cross Ike gotta get you stocked up on gifts son - -veteran420- 
No Message - -veteran420- No Message - -veteran420- No Message - -veteran420- Superposter! - jazluvr underrated poster - Disposable Arts 
super - TBear for you - TBear Integrity in posting! - jazluvr No Message - -veteran420- good luck in the league, you'll need it - El Mustang 
Have a mug on the Raiders! Go Raiders!!! - HandSpeed303 Have a slice - SouthpawSwagger To Cotto's victory!  :) - jazluvr merry christmas mi hijo:] - dj emzz Happy new year! - Toney Loc 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - Flab Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Flab Myasthenia Gravis - Ovarian Cancer - Sexual Assault - Substance Abuse - Flab Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - MANGLER World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - Jo94403 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - TBear Alzheimer's - Crohn's & Colitis - Cystic Fibrosis - Domestic Violence - Fibromyalgia - Leimyosarcoma - Lupus - Clyde Barrow Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - jazluvr Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - jazluvr Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - Izrock 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - -veteran420- Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - -veteran420- Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - -veteran420- Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - -veteran420- Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - Southpaw Stinger 
AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - MANGLER Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - MANGLER 
Send a message via MSN to Monkz

Quote:
Originally Posted by New England View Post
lol go back to karate class with all the other first graders
did you seriously even say that?

you keep your chin tucked for three reasons:
to present less of a target
to protect it and keep it from spinngin around when it gets hit (thats what causes a knockout... there's no magic button that bruce lee presses to make a man unconscious)
and finally to protect his throat

the reason why you don't see fighters getting hit in the throat often is because it's so easy to end a fight if a fighter is leaving his chin out there

if you stick your chin up in the air a professional boxer is going to make you pay for it

Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 05-17-2011, 02:46 PM
DeadlyOverhand
Up and Comer

Rep Power: 4 DeadlyOverhand is a jewel in the roughDeadlyOverhand is a jewel in the roughDeadlyOverhand is a jewel in the roughDeadlyOverhand is a jewel in the rough
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 1,015,052.11

Quote:
lol go back to karate class with all the other first graders
did you seriously even say that?

you keep your chin tucked for three reasons:
to present less of a target
to protect it and keep it from spinngin around when it gets hit (thats what causes a knockout... there's no magic button that bruce lee presses to make a man unconscious)
and finally to protect his throat

the reason why you don't see fighters getting hit in the throat often is because it's so easy to end a fight if a fighter is leaving his chin out there

if you stick your chin up in the air a professional boxer is going to make you pay for it
I was sparring a dude and he has a bad habit of putting his chin up when he leans back, so every time I'll time his jab and counter with my Overhand I'll catch him in the throat insted of his chin... eventually he stopped and started caughing....
Old 05-17-2011, 02:51 PM
RubenSonny
Lagos State of Mind

Rep Power: 15 RubenSonny has a reputation beyond reputeRubenSonny has a reputation beyond reputeRubenSonny has a reputation beyond reputeRubenSonny has a reputation beyond reputeRubenSonny has a reputation beyond reputeRubenSonny has a reputation beyond reputeRubenSonny has a reputation beyond reputeRubenSonny has a reputation beyond reputeRubenSonny has a reputation beyond reputeRubenSonny has a reputation beyond reputeRubenSonny has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 3,185,471,940,168.61
Total Points: 3,185,473,156,239.42
Well deserved! Great Poster! - Barnburner 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Barnburner Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - Barnburner 

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMDAZED View Post
Quartey-Espana.
Nelson-Hernandez...it was accidental though.
Old 05-17-2011, 02:53 PM
ThePunchingBag
Rolling with the punches.

Rep Power: 17 ThePunchingBag has a reputation beyond reputeThePunchingBag has a reputation beyond reputeThePunchingBag has a reputation beyond reputeThePunchingBag has a reputation beyond reputeThePunchingBag has a reputation beyond reputeThePunchingBag has a reputation beyond reputeThePunchingBag has a reputation beyond reputeThePunchingBag has a reputation beyond reputeThePunchingBag has a reputation beyond reputeThePunchingBag has a reputation beyond reputeThePunchingBag has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 2,100,000,299,257.38
Be Joyful - Gift Giver 

You can end a fight before it even starts with a quick jab to the throat.

It only does most of its damage when your neck muscles aren't tense as they would be if you're in a fighting stance.

Did it to some kid back in high school who was getting in my face. Jabbed him in the adam's apple and ran while the rest of his friends picked him up off the floor.
Old 05-17-2011, 02:54 PM
IMDAZED
You'll resort to race

Rep Power: 87 IMDAZED has a reputation beyond reputeIMDAZED has a reputation beyond reputeIMDAZED has a reputation beyond reputeIMDAZED has a reputation beyond reputeIMDAZED has a reputation beyond reputeIMDAZED has a reputation beyond reputeIMDAZED has a reputation beyond reputeIMDAZED has a reputation beyond reputeIMDAZED has a reputation beyond reputeIMDAZED has a reputation beyond reputeIMDAZED has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 96,179,192,266,334.19
Total Points: 98,182,357,752,080.14
for knowing your stuff! - natas206 thanks for the info. - TRUTH For that homerun of a post, bud. - Sweet Pea 50 An apple for one of BoxingScene's most knowledgeable posters - danc1984 BOOM - Fiend 
Excellent poster - ADDICT MOH. For continously educating NSB. - BattlingNelson been a while mate! - Tamis_Siensya No Message - WESS 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubenSonny View Post
Nelson-Hernandez...it was accidental though.

Funny thing is, I was going to write Nelson-Hernandez first then I remembered the one Quartey landed on Espana . So I already know where you're going!
Old 05-17-2011, 03:03 PM
New England
Heavy Duty

Rep Power: 101 New England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 126,203,297,663,788.19
Total Points: 132,205,979,314,941.81
Congrats on 3000 First Class Posts buddy! - The Surgeon Merry Christmas - The Surgeon for a great poster! - sweetpea87 Drinks on me brother - BoxingGenius27 I hate boxing too, lmaaoooooooooooo - Sweet Pea 50 
thanks for the green...always enjoy reading your post...green you once I can again... - jose830 great poster award - jazluvr Merry Christmas bro. Kick back and enjoy. Surround yourself with your loved ones and have a cold one. - deanrw Happy Holidays  New England - !! AI-Holmes!! Ma nigguh, you should come to Ol' England. - D-MiZe 
for entering the weed thread! - HUGH JASS BoxingScene's Educator-in-chief - Dr Rumack i didn't know you live in that area affected, my heart goes out to you...stay strong homie - jose830 #freeNewEnglang - thuggery Coming home on parole brew. - Sweet Pea 50 
top poster and cool story in my thread of how you first joined boxingscene. - HUGH JASS happy independence day you zulu warrior!!! - HUGH JASS For the fitness and nutrition advice, thanks. - jas A top poster - jas For being a roided up freakazoid - Cuauhtémoc1520 
Childhood Cancer - khepesh Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - jazluvr World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - jose830 Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - jose830 World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -jose- 
Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - -jose- Childhood Cancer - sugarsmosley World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - HughJass 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkz View Post

case and point
its shocking how little some people know about boxing around here.
just shocking.

most of the eastern martial arts were created to mimic the movement of animals
their moves are closer to dance steps than calculated movements developed through generations (boxing technique)

i'd honestly favor a well rounded athlete in the NBA or NFL or MLB with their size and athletic talents over any practitioner of the traditional martial arts

those guys literally work backwards, substituting training and conditioning for the practice of useless technique
ever notice how the "masters" of kung fu, karate, etc are all old and fat?
thats because they don't fight and practice a martial art that has almost nothing to do with fighting

there is no magic button that bruce lee presses that will allow him to turn a man's lights out
there is no substitute for conditioning and real practical training and athletic talent

and fighters don't get punched in the throat often simply because they know how to fight
Old 05-17-2011, 03:04 PM
RubenSonny
Lagos State of Mind

Rep Power: 15 RubenSonny has a reputation beyond reputeRubenSonny has a reputation beyond reputeRubenSonny has a reputation beyond reputeRubenSonny has a reputation beyond reputeRubenSonny has a reputation beyond reputeRubenSonny has a reputation beyond reputeRubenSonny has a reputation beyond reputeRubenSonny has a reputation beyond reputeRubenSonny has a reputation beyond reputeRubenSonny has a reputation beyond reputeRubenSonny has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 3,185,471,940,168.61
Total Points: 3,185,473,156,239.42
Well deserved! Great Poster! - Barnburner 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Barnburner Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - Barnburner 

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMDAZED View Post

Funny thing is, I was going to write Nelson-Hernandez first then I remembered the one Quartey landed on Espana . So I already know where you're going!
I was tempted to make a racial joke.....trust me, but I think someone might have took it out of context and used it against me in the future
Old 05-17-2011, 03:21 PM
IMDAZED
You'll resort to race

Rep Power: 87 IMDAZED has a reputation beyond reputeIMDAZED has a reputation beyond reputeIMDAZED has a reputation beyond reputeIMDAZED has a reputation beyond reputeIMDAZED has a reputation beyond reputeIMDAZED has a reputation beyond reputeIMDAZED has a reputation beyond reputeIMDAZED has a reputation beyond reputeIMDAZED has a reputation beyond reputeIMDAZED has a reputation beyond reputeIMDAZED has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 96,179,192,266,334.19
Total Points: 98,182,357,752,080.14
for knowing your stuff! - natas206 thanks for the info. - TRUTH For that homerun of a post, bud. - Sweet Pea 50 An apple for one of BoxingScene's most knowledgeable posters - danc1984 BOOM - Fiend 
Excellent poster - ADDICT MOH. For continously educating NSB. - BattlingNelson been a while mate! - Tamis_Siensya No Message - WESS 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubenSonny View Post
I was tempted to make a racial joke.....trust me, but I think someone might have took it out of context and used it against me in the future
I think you're probably right
Old 05-17-2011, 03:24 PM
Check_hooks
The Don of NSB

Rep Power: 42 Check_hooks has a reputation beyond reputeCheck_hooks has a reputation beyond reputeCheck_hooks has a reputation beyond reputeCheck_hooks has a reputation beyond reputeCheck_hooks has a reputation beyond reputeCheck_hooks has a reputation beyond reputeCheck_hooks has a reputation beyond reputeCheck_hooks has a reputation beyond reputeCheck_hooks has a reputation beyond reputeCheck_hooks has a reputation beyond reputeCheck_hooks has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 334,159,155,173,707,200.00
Total Points: 334,159,155,273,707,712.00
for being skip bayless' neglected son - Antagonist have a blue parallelogram - Jack Napier Legend ass poster. Keeping dirty ass flomos on lockdown 24/7 - Neutral warrrrrrrrrrrrr pakyaw - Lotus Flower War Pac! - Talisayen 
Pac by brutal KO! - Talisayen best weekend ever - Fighting_Pride Pactard 4ever - -MARKAVELLI- Manny Manny Mannny - PAC-BOY No Message - Dehydrator 
Best dude wins - Capaedia you can name it lil pacquiao so you can shove it up your ass - xcaret IV check_hooks is the boss of all bosses - I'm so sorry check_hooks is a legend - thuggery I apologize it was uncalled for - Jloro 
happy holidays, great poster - sugarsmosley ATG poster - jas It's Pacquiaos, Put it in your mouth - BrushMyHair One of the greats - jas Great Loma vs GRJ Prediction - jas 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - Nemisis Gay and Lesbian Pride - NO PANIC! Emphysema - Lung Cancer - Lung Disease - Multiple Sclerosis - jas 

Quote:
case and point
its shocking how little some people know about boxing around here.
just shocking.

most of the eastern martial arts were created to mimic the movement of animals
their moves are closer to dance steps than calculated movements developed through generations (boxing technique)

i'd honestly favor a well rounded athlete in the NBA or NFL or MLB with their size and athletic talents over any practitioner of the traditional martial arts

those guys literally work backwards, substituting training and conditioning for the practice of useless technique
ever notice how the "masters" of kung fu, karate, etc are all old and fat?
thats because they don't fight and practice a martial art that has almost nothing to do with fighting

there is no magic button that bruce lee presses that will allow him to turn a man's lights out
there is no substitute for conditioning and real practical training and athletic talent

and fighters don't get punched in the throat often simply because they know how to fight
There is so much wrong with your post I don't even know where to begin.

Boxing is a sport and always has been. Martial Arts was created thousands of years ago to inflict as much damage as possible to an opponent including death. Their techniques are designed specifically against another human being. Fighting with your fists and only your fists is only 1 form of combat.

A humans legs have longer reach and can hit harder than a punch yet its completely underutilized in boxing for striking. In any fight a blow that severly injures or cripples either leg will end the fight. The leg can be easily broken at the kneecap. One swift kick downwards on the kneecap and its over. You don't see these used in MMA or Karate touraments because they are sanctioned. But back in the day in asia they fought to the death literally.
And with grappleing you can break an opponents wrist or elbow or dislocate a shoulder easily. Thats why Wing Chun masters don't enter martial arts tournaments because they would have to hold back. If they went 100% they would break someones bones.

And of course Martial Arts masters get old and bigger than when they were younger. They are not immune to the laws of physics. They still practice their martial art regularly tho. Thats not to say that all Kung Fu masters are old and fat. There are alot that are young and fit. Thats like saying all Boxing Greats are old and fat.
Old 05-17-2011, 03:36 PM
Toney Loc
Banned

Rep Power: 0 Toney Loc has a reputation beyond reputeToney Loc has a reputation beyond reputeToney Loc has a reputation beyond reputeToney Loc has a reputation beyond reputeToney Loc has a reputation beyond reputeToney Loc has a reputation beyond reputeToney Loc has a reputation beyond reputeToney Loc has a reputation beyond reputeToney Loc has a reputation beyond reputeToney Loc has a reputation beyond reputeToney Loc has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 3,479.24
Total Points: 84,255.92
Something to eat while you play Digimon - -Kevin- for you mj - project xxx1 Wesley is a playa.. - -Jack- No Message - -veteran420- Wesley still has a Champions League medal to cherish!! - Disposable Arts 
10,000 - Clyde Barrow Haha, you are unbanned :D :D :D - Poor Lad Thanks - Silencers for you bro - project xxx1 merry xmas - Subtraction 
For after you stare at French beezies. - Shadows For Ihop Homie... - Lazerjab for the MULA yo! - Lazerjab thank you - xi! study hard :) - - v e t - 
for your teacher - - v e t - study hard - - v e t - thx homey, heres for when you're sobering up!! - - v e t - Thanks homes happy new year!!! - Lazerjab Happy New Year, mate! - Monkz 
Lou Gehrig's Disease (ALS) - street bully Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - mangler Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - mangler Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Sox8055 Myasthenia Gravis - Ovarian Cancer - Sexual Assault - Substance Abuse - mangler 
Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - mangler Cultural Diversity - Hunger - Leukemia - Lupus - Melanoma - Racial Tolerance - Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome - Self Injury - mangler Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - mangler Alzheimer's - Crohn's & Colitis - Cystic Fibrosis - Domestic Violence - Fibromyalgia - Leimyosarcoma - Lupus - mangler Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - mangler 
Childhood Cancer - mangler Aphasia - Asthma/Allergies - Brain Cancer - Brain Tumors - Diabetes - Mental Illness - mangler Hodgkin's Disease - Testicular Cancer - mangler Head and Neck Cancer - mangler Gay and Lesbian Pride - Left Banned Tua 
Childhood Cancer - Clyde Barrow Childhood Cancer - QUELOQUE Cultural Diversity - Hunger - Leukemia - Lupus - Melanoma - Racial Tolerance - Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome - Self Injury - Shadows Cultural Diversity - Hunger - Leukemia - Lupus - Melanoma - Racial Tolerance - Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome - Self Injury - Shadows Cultural Diversity - Hunger - Leukemia - Lupus - Melanoma - Racial Tolerance - Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome - Self Injury - Shadows