Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing
Thread Navigation

Old 05-10-2011, 07:23 PM
IronDanHamza
IronDanHamza

Rep Power: 71 IronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 5,561,316,245,539,341.00
Total Points: 15,590,536,361,703,266.00
One of the best posters on the site. - Barnburner medal of honor - New England For ur award winning thread buddy - The Surgeon For getting more than 80% on my quiz. - Barnburner Super-Poster - McGoorty 
You have excellent boxing knowledge keep sharing! - rorymac Prize for thread contributions - McGoorty Merry Crimbo - The Surgeon for the facts... - Alx. Thanks for joining the discussion in my thread about GF's and boxing, its nice to hear everyones experiences with being a fan of the sport!!! - Atreyu Khalil 
Cool dude - BoxingGenius27 Happy New Year - Freedom. on the house... - mathed IronDanHamza knows boxing! - LoadedWraps Your unconditional love for Floyd - Freedom2014 
your unconditional love for Floyd - Freedom2014 
Lou Gehrig's Disease (ALS) - New England Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Barnburner Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - Barnburner 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrosales13 View Post
What always got me about the Marg fight. Is that when Marg approached him face to face like a man and then Floyd did an interview later. He stuttered and said something along the lines of "we're not here to prove who the best it" or something like that. I don't know how anybody can defend that, you know what I mean?

Floyd gets a lot of crap of being a "ducker" and I don't think he's a ducker. Damn near every fighter people claim that Floyd ducked, I never saw those as ducks. But, with the whole Margarito thing, I consider that duck. I think he avoided the hell out of Margarito for whatever reason. He avoided that man.
I'm an as bigger Floyd fan as anyone, people know that. But you simply can't defend that, you just can't, not unless you have affection for a fighter. You have to take into consideration he was put on the spot and clearly nervous about the whole thing in terms fo what to say etc etc, and he says some really dumb things in those situations. But with that being said, it's still undefnedable.

I agree, I don't see all those ducks. People even make ducks up.

But Margarito, he didn't want to fight. He chose Baldomir over him, which has some slight reasoning behind but he still picked Baldomir over Margarito.

But the main problem I have is the retirement. After Hatton, he could have fought Margarito. Everyone wanted to see that, Floyd promised Margarito that.

But it didn't happen. And Floyd is to blame for that, no one else.
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 05-10-2011, 07:24 PM
Since 1985
Since 1895

Rep Power: 16 Since 1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSince 1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSince 1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSince 1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSince 1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSince 1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSince 1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSince 1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSince 1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSince 1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSince 1985 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 6,551,910,766.89
Total Points: 1,034,473,113,401.66
Happy birthday - DonMega The Cardinals Are the Dodgers Daddies, Like I said before. But it takes guts to admit your teams flaws. You earned my respect. Medal to a great poster. - BrushMyHair 
Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - codey 

Quote:
Nobody is claiming 8 titles in this thread. Again from Flyweight-Junior Welterweight is a span of 8 weight-classes. Count them, from 112-140 is a span of 8 weight-classes. And, during those 8 weight-classes he won a record 4 lineal titles. Which one was at a catch-weight?
This thread has nothing to do with Pacquiao, please stick to the topic.
treason1
Banned

Rep Power: 0 treason1 has a reputation beyond reputetreason1 has a reputation beyond reputetreason1 has a reputation beyond reputetreason1 has a reputation beyond reputetreason1 has a reputation beyond reputetreason1 has a reputation beyond reputetreason1 has a reputation beyond reputetreason1 has a reputation beyond reputetreason1 has a reputation beyond reputetreason1 has a reputation beyond reputetreason1 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 16,345,422.78
Total Points: 16,938,074.01
fair and unbiased fan !!!! ....................jk pactard - Antagonist 

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Dubb II 330 View Post
He didn't fight Margarito because of Arum, Who says Margarito would had been a more difficult challenge, who says it would had been a better win.
margarito wouldnt have been any more of a challenge than baldomire !!!!! i kfc wouldve beat him the same way !!!!!! and the same goes for that idiot cotto ...actually he wouldve gotten beat worse !!!!!! but heres the thing we as fans wqere robbed by not seeing those fights because of mayweather being a stuborn chump !!!!!!
jrosales13
undisputed champion

Rep Power: 78 jrosales13 has a reputation beyond reputejrosales13 has a reputation beyond reputejrosales13 has a reputation beyond reputejrosales13 has a reputation beyond reputejrosales13 has a reputation beyond reputejrosales13 has a reputation beyond reputejrosales13 has a reputation beyond reputejrosales13 has a reputation beyond reputejrosales13 has a reputation beyond reputejrosales13 has a reputation beyond reputejrosales13 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 3.85
Total Points: 383,418,962,999.09
13 burgers - Dambala Good poster - Mucus Great poster/member award! - jazluvr Leader of the MannyPac Mafia, a real OG - Erik13 For being one of the most solid posters in the History of BoxingScene!!!!  Keep on posting bruh. - Chief2ndzOnly! 
more beer - -pound4pound- Maidana p4p GOAT - Dick Buffman These are really good - jazluvr This place would not be the same without you Jro... you rock - Lorily for being a great poster - led 
For keepin' it real - jazluvr hope you get drunk :) - led Thanks for hooking me up with your cousin - Heebarican oscar haters need beer - -pound4pound- Merry X-mas!!! - HandSpeed303 
Happy Holidays Jro! - Lorily Have a slice - SouthpawSwagger Here is a beer for you homie!! - el20cuatro Fellow Leuzinger Olympian - MANIAC310 Happy Holidays JRo! - Lorily 
Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - Akinapepemo World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - Timmy Chans World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - Timmy Chans Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - jazluvr Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - jazluvr 
Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - jazluvr Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - jazluvr World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - MANIAC310 Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - Ether 

Quote:
Originally Posted by FootWork777 View Post
Was Margarito a title holder? Wasn't Floyd offered 8 mill to fight both? Beating the lineal ww champ equals more leverage at the negotiating table.
Do you really not know the answer to that question or are you just trolling?

The longest reigning title holder, arguably the best WW in the division, and at the time the better over resume at WW.
Old 05-10-2011, 07:28 PM
jrosales13
undisputed champion

Rep Power: 78 jrosales13 has a reputation beyond reputejrosales13 has a reputation beyond reputejrosales13 has a reputation beyond reputejrosales13 has a reputation beyond reputejrosales13 has a reputation beyond reputejrosales13 has a reputation beyond reputejrosales13 has a reputation beyond reputejrosales13 has a reputation beyond reputejrosales13 has a reputation beyond reputejrosales13 has a reputation beyond reputejrosales13 has a reputation beyond repute
13 burgers - Dambala Good poster - Mucus Great poster/member award! - jazluvr Leader of the MannyPac Mafia, a real OG - Erik13 For being one of the most solid posters in the History of BoxingScene!!!!  Keep on posting bruh. - Chief2ndzOnly! 
more beer - -pound4pound- Maidana p4p GOAT - Dick Buffman These are really good - jazluvr This place would not be the same without you Jro... you rock - Lorily for being a great poster - led 
For keepin' it real - jazluvr hope you get drunk :) - led Thanks for hooking me up with your cousin - Heebarican oscar haters need beer - -pound4pound- Merry X-mas!!! - HandSpeed303 
Happy Holidays Jro! - Lorily Have a slice - SouthpawSwagger Here is a beer for you homie!! - el20cuatro Fellow Leuzinger Olympian - MANIAC310 Happy Holidays JRo! - Lorily 
Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - Akinapepemo World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - Timmy Chans World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - Timmy Chans Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - jazluvr Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - jazluvr 
Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - jazluvr Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - jazluvr World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - MANIAC310 Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - Ether 

Quote:
This thread has nothing to do with Pacquiao, please stick to the topic.
Hmmm.....

Quote:
Carlos was the lineal WW champion and had just defeated Zab Judah. Sure Carlos was far from great but he was the legitimate champion. At least Floyd didn't fight him at a catch weight for a vacant belt. The fight probably shouldn't have been on PPV.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reloaded View Post
Because they criticize Floyd for everything , he should have done a Pac and CW Baldy to 142 instead of Floyd fighting him at his real weight giving him a 17lbs advantage on the night , if he CW him Floyd would have still gave him weight on the night but Baldy would have killed himself making the weight and the damage is done giving a very weakened fighter ,,, Floyd should do what Manny has done he good beat anyone with CWs and look great doing it .
Yea, OK......
Old 05-10-2011, 07:32 PM
Reloaded
sucks floyd's clinkers

Rep Power: 0 Reloaded is infamous around these partsReloaded is infamous around these partsReloaded is infamous around these partsReloaded is infamous around these partsReloaded is infamous around these partsReloaded is infamous around these partsReloaded is infamous around these partsReloaded is infamous around these partsReloaded is infamous around these partsReloaded is infamous around these partsReloaded is infamous around these parts
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 1,000,255,254.70
Be Joyful - Gift Giver one of the best pactard destroyers on nsb - I'm so sorry owning pactarcds left and right, too e z - I'm so sorry This guy can't even speak proper English, worst poster on NSB. - Perro You've earned yourself a medal. By far the biggest retard on the forum, you have the worst grammer and punctuation I've ever seen. I actually believe you were dropped on your head as a child. I a apologize if you actually are autistic. You give Floyd - I'm so sorry 
Brandon &quot;Cash Cow&quot; Rios - Warrios Brandon 'Cash Cow' Rios - Warrios Bam Bam baby! - Warrios Brandon 'Cash Cow' Rios - Warrios Brandon 'El Dinero de Vaca' Rios - Warrios 
Respect to an old time brotha, stack your paper OG - GettinMoney fl0wm0e of the year, 2014. Youve earned this bud. For your hard work and dedication - SeekDaGreat 

Quote:
Nobody is claiming 8 titles in this thread. Again from Flyweight-Junior Welterweight is a span of 8 weight-classes. Count them, from 112-140 is a span of 8 weight-classes. And, during those 8 weight-classes he won a record 4 lineal titles. Which one was at a catch-weight?
ah so now its weight classes not the CWs titles where he became a fabricated monster , you dont see the contradiction in legitimacy with his CW fights compared to the titles your talking about , like Nazim said with fighters as kids they all pass through them weights I dont hold the fact he was a little Asian kid and ended up where he did as anything so special simply because I dont rate Hatton ODH Clottey Cotto Margo and Mosley as legit fights they were all very carefully chosen at perfect times , all had BS all over them ,

like I said I got nothing bad to say about Pac from 135 down I was a fan and only changed my tune with him when he said no to the PEDS test , I would have attacked Floyd just the same if he said no test and then fought an in house dud to avoid it , I dont believe any fighter in a huge superfight has a right to say no to a PEDS test , its morally wrong , going to be interested in what happens in Pascal Hopkins concerning the added PEDS testing being asked for .
Old 05-10-2011, 07:50 PM
Since 1985
Since 1895

Rep Power: 16 Since 1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSince 1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSince 1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSince 1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSince 1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSince 1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSince 1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSince 1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSince 1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSince 1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSince 1985 has a reputation beyond repute
Happy birthday - DonMega The Cardinals Are the Dodgers Daddies, Like I said before. But it takes guts to admit your teams flaws. You earned my respect. Medal to a great poster. - BrushMyHair 
Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - codey 

Quote:
Hmmm.....

Yea, OK......
Where was Pac mentioned in the OP? Manny is not the only fighter in boxing history to fight for a title at a catch weight, stop being paranoid.
Old 05-10-2011, 07:55 PM
Since 1985
Since 1895

Quote:
Do you really not know the answer to that question or are you just trolling?

The longest reigning title holder, arguably the best WW in the division, and at the time the better over resume at WW.
I wasn't sure, thanks for clearing that up.
Old 05-10-2011, 07:59 PM
jrosales13
undisputed champion

Quote:
Where was Pac mentioned in the OP? Manny is not the only fighter in boxing history to fight for a title at a catch weight, stop being paranoid.
Who else won a vacant title at a catch-weight?

Nobody is being paranoid, it was bullshit.
Old 05-10-2011, 08:01 PM
IMDAZED
You'll catch feelings

Rep Power: 93 IMDAZED has a reputation beyond reputeIMDAZED has a reputation beyond reputeIMDAZED has a reputation beyond reputeIMDAZED has a reputation beyond reputeIMDAZED has a reputation beyond reputeIMDAZED has a reputation beyond reputeIMDAZED has a reputation beyond reputeIMDAZED has a reputation beyond reputeIMDAZED has a reputation beyond reputeIMDAZED has a reputation beyond reputeIMDAZED has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 253,798,786,813,758.59
Total Points: 1,000,255,801,952,329,600.00
for knowing your stuff! - natas206 thanks for the info. - TRUTH For that homerun of a post, bud. - Sweet Pea 50 An apple for one of BoxingScene's most knowledgeable posters - danc1984 BOOM - Fiend 
Excellent poster - ADDICT MOH. For continously educating NSB. - BattlingNelson been a while mate! - Tamis_Siensya No Message - WESS 

Because everyone and their mama knew the man to face at the time was Margarito. And that Baldomir was a flash in the pan. I guess Baldomir earned the shot by stopping Gatti. I thought that was terrible but given what's going on in boxing these days, I look back at that time fondly.