Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing
Thread Navigation

Old 05-10-2011, 06:17 AM
ThePunchingBag
Rolling with the punches.

Rep Power: 17 ThePunchingBag has a reputation beyond reputeThePunchingBag has a reputation beyond reputeThePunchingBag has a reputation beyond reputeThePunchingBag has a reputation beyond reputeThePunchingBag has a reputation beyond reputeThePunchingBag has a reputation beyond reputeThePunchingBag has a reputation beyond reputeThePunchingBag has a reputation beyond reputeThePunchingBag has a reputation beyond reputeThePunchingBag has a reputation beyond reputeThePunchingBag has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 2,100,000,298,357.29
Be Joyful - Gift Giver 

Quote:
Originally Posted by [KLTP] View Post
Heh, you weren't around back then. So I'd expect a response like that from you. I'm guessing you didn't know back then Floyd was the Paul Williams of today. No one wanted to fight him. Guys like Diego Corrales and Genaro Hernandez at the time were on P4P lists and very respected in the sport, and Floyd destroyed them.

Where was Mosley back in 1999 when Floyd wanted to fight him IN HIS PRIME, as a LW? Floyd wanted to go up to LW and fight him. Where was he then?

See, you take a look at his resume and you listen to the ESPN reports etc. If you were not watching boxing at the time this guy was fighting you won't know how great he truly is. It's like Sugar Ray Robinson, you can watch as many tapes as you want on him, but if you weren't watching him back in his prime, you don't know how great he truly is.
I loved watching "Pretty Boy Floyd".

I was one of his biggest fans.

I watched the Corrales and Gatti fights with my mouth agape.

The speed, skill, power. He was a boxing God.

Then he became Money Mayweather....and I stopped being his fan.

He needs to drop the "Money" moniker.

Putting up roadblocks for a 50 million dollar fight is not "Money".
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 05-10-2011, 06:20 AM
Xeraser
Interim Champion

Rep Power: 6 Xeraser has a reputation beyond reputeXeraser has a reputation beyond reputeXeraser has a reputation beyond reputeXeraser has a reputation beyond reputeXeraser has a reputation beyond reputeXeraser has a reputation beyond reputeXeraser has a reputation beyond reputeXeraser has a reputation beyond reputeXeraser has a reputation beyond reputeXeraser has a reputation beyond reputeXeraser has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 22,038.06

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARKBNLV View Post
Leonard must be laughing he would wreck both no fantasy about it,he beat a man better then Pacquiao called Roberto Duran.
Floyd ridiculed SRL for losing to a lightweight but El Ternible beat him in their first fight. Duran was better than anyone Pacquiao has ever fought, and that includes Floyd if he grows a pair.
Old 05-10-2011, 06:27 AM
Xeraser
Interim Champion

Rep Power: 6 Xeraser has a reputation beyond reputeXeraser has a reputation beyond reputeXeraser has a reputation beyond reputeXeraser has a reputation beyond reputeXeraser has a reputation beyond reputeXeraser has a reputation beyond reputeXeraser has a reputation beyond reputeXeraser has a reputation beyond reputeXeraser has a reputation beyond reputeXeraser has a reputation beyond reputeXeraser has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 22,038.06

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARKBNLV View Post
And floyd ruined him before.
That was at 147. Hatton clearly does not belong there. He struggled against fringe contender Collazo in his first attempt.