First Fight tips - Boxing Forum
  Trending Topics  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire | Arcade

Navigation
Thread Navigation

Old 05-08-2011, 01:00 PM
Amateurbozing
Amateur

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 1,900.91
Question First Fight tips

Hey i have my first fight coming up next saturday its sunday today and i was just wondering if you guys have any training or nutrition tips for this week. My coach all ready told me to take it easy this week but i mean stuff that will still help for the fight. also the weight i am fighting at is 106 pounds and i am 14 years old
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 05-08-2011, 03:15 PM
Barn
TheTartanSoldier

Quoted: 119 Post(s)
Rep Power: 62 Barn has a reputation beyond reputeBarn has a reputation beyond reputeBarn has a reputation beyond reputeBarn has a reputation beyond reputeBarn has a reputation beyond reputeBarn has a reputation beyond reputeBarn has a reputation beyond reputeBarn has a reputation beyond reputeBarn has a reputation beyond reputeBarn has a reputation beyond reputeBarn has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 545,608,893,358,762.56
Total Points: 399,481,592,805,977,472.00
Top Bloke! - mickey malone For your knowledge of boxing - sigrab jr Hell of a poster, very generous - BigStereotype the champ is here - New England wisdom - House of Stone 
For generosity and top posts! - Sugarj medal for your videos - New England The Greatest Vid : Barney the Great - McGoorty Keep up the top notch vids - JAB5239 To another of a select group of real boxing fans who really know their boxing history! - Terry A 
4 the uploads! - chiguy91 For you epic break down of Oreo's, and the Mayan calendar. lmaooooooooo - Sweet Pea 50 For the massive amount of points given - MindBat You're going to need it to beat me. - D-MiZe victory is sweet , rigotard and proud!! - HUGH JASS 
Rigonation badge of honor! - dan_cov your first post in the weed thread barn! , i know you don't smoke , keep it that way young one!! - HUGH JASS Boxingscene Chat room :fing02: - jose830 For the help buddy - Badzi87 You a Scot,Me a English and this lucky clover from Ireland.Best of luck m8. - HughGlass 
Lou Gehrig's Disease (ALS) - NChristo Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - NChristo Childhood Cancer - NChristo Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - NChristo Hepatitis C - NChristo 
Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - NChristo Eating Disorders - Esophageal Cancer - Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease - Irritable Bowel Syndrome - Pulmonary Hypertension - NChristo Male Breast Cancer - Pregnancy Loss - Infant Loss - Sudden Infant Death - NChristo Autism - NChristo Emphysema - Lung Cancer - Lung Disease - Multiple Sclerosis - NChristo 
Cultural Diversity - Hunger - Leukemia - Lupus - Melanoma - Racial Tolerance - Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome - Self Injury - NChristo Myasthenia Gravis - Ovarian Cancer - Sexual Assault - Substance Abuse - NChristo Hodgkin's Disease - Testicular Cancer - NChristo Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - NChristo World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - arraamis 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - chiguy91 Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - codey Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - codey Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - codey Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Daniel Alpha 

Just don't eat "bad" would be my best advice.

For training the conditioning is doen, I would suggest just working on technique by shadowboxing in front of a mirror.(not hard shadowboxing.)

Think about nothing but victory. Don't worry about nerves they're with you until the ref shouts box and your in the centre of the ring, then they disappear.

Also, don't worry about being hurt, adrenaline will stop you feeling most of the pain. For example my first fight was a war, I ended up with a burst nose each lip slit and the inside of my mouth ****ed up from the mouthpiece which I had stupidly chewed on before the bout and only 1 shot was actually sore.

1 last tip, stick to a gameplan, have it in your head what you are going to do. Work purely on speed(unless body shotting) this is a points game remember.

The first round try out a few things on your opponent, see how he reacts. Feint him to the body and if he reacts bingo, you have a stradegy.

Lastly just enjoy it, it's a sport after all.
Old 05-08-2011, 04:09 PM
Amateurbozing
Amateur

Total Points: 1,900.91

thanks man
Old 05-10-2011, 04:10 PM
patrickmullenz
Contender

Rep Power: 8 patrickmullenz has a reputation beyond reputepatrickmullenz has a reputation beyond reputepatrickmullenz has a reputation beyond reputepatrickmullenz has a reputation beyond reputepatrickmullenz has a reputation beyond reputepatrickmullenz has a reputation beyond reputepatrickmullenz has a reputation beyond reputepatrickmullenz has a reputation beyond reputepatrickmullenz has a reputation beyond reputepatrickmullenz has a reputation beyond reputepatrickmullenz has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 1,000,003,595.44

i rember when i was having my first fight i came on here lookin for adivse aswell :P emm on the day id eat pasta cause its great for energy i rember my first fight i was ****ing myself wit nerves before i got in the ring, but once the first few punchs are trowin the nerves just disapper, and the punchs wont hurt either. and dont try anything new, like a combos you havent really practiced or anything and dont forget to body punch! ihttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j9Xh0c2bhlM.. im 14 aswell thers a vid there of me fighting im just tryin ta get out there, so thought id leave a link :L
Old 05-10-2011, 09:10 PM
1 HitterQuitter
P4P

Rep Power: 9 1 HitterQuitter will become famous soon enough1 HitterQuitter will become famous soon enough
Bank: 161,996,308,734.72
Total Points: 161,996,313,645.44

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickmullenz View Post
i rember when i was having my first fight i came on here lookin for adivse aswell :P emm on the day id eat pasta cause its great for energy i rember my first fight i was ****ing myself wit nerves before i got in the ring, but once the first few punchs are trowin the nerves just disapper, and the punchs wont hurt either. and dont try anything new, like a combos you havent really practiced or anything and dont forget to body punch! ihttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j9Xh0c2bhlM.. im 14 aswell thers a vid there of me fighting im just tryin ta get out there, so thought id leave a link :L
Thats odd I remember thinking why are these gloves so light

Share This With Friends

Tags
fighting, training, winning

User Tag List