Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Global Boxing Scene
Thread Navigation

Old 05-06-2011, 06:51 AM
danivtec
Up and Comer

Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 23,881.07
Default Froch Johnson to be shown on Sky

From the Sky Sports Boxing page

Quote:
Carl Froch returns to Sky Sports on the 4th of June to defend his WBC Super Middleweight title against Glencoffe Johnson.

Froch will fight on Sky Sports for the first time since he entered the Super Six World Boxing Classic in 2009 winning widespread acclaim and admiration.

He has taken on and beaten some of the hardest opposition in his division, including wins over Andre Dirrell, Jermain Taylor, and most recently Arthur Abraham.

The clash between Froch and Johnson at the Boardwalk Hall in Atlantic City is also the first semi-final in the Super Six series. Victory over Johnson means Froch will face the winner of the other semi-final between Andre Ward and Arthur Abraham in the Super Six World Boxing Classic Final at Madison Square Gardens early in 2012.

"I'm delighted to be bringing my marquee fights to Sky Sports in glorious HD," said Froch.

"Kessler and I put on the best fight so far, and my last outing against the big-punching Arthur Abraham was probably the best individual performance too. To shine in such a world class tournament shows my pedigree.

"Glencoffe Johnson is a tough, experienced operator who has shared the ring with Dawson, Hopkins, Tarver and knocked out a young Roy Jones. I'm going to run straight through him and book my spot in the final then grab that Super Six trophy with both gloves and bring it back to Great Britain.

"You're about to see the 'Cobra' in full swing and I can't wait. Sky Sports viewers are in for a treat!"

Speaking about the fight against Johnson, Sky Sports boxing commentator Jim Watt said: "Carl Froch is the fighter's fighter, I'm delighted that he is back on Sky Sports.

"The contest between him and Johnson is a great match-up, Johnson seems to be able to go on forever but Froch showed in his last fight against Abraham that he no longer has to rely on his toughness to get through, he used his skills and experience and everything came together for him.

"His toughness is suited to the Super Six series where there are hard fights and great fights and he is the one boxer whose performances have got better and better through it. He has a great chance of coming top overall."
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 05-06-2011, 06:59 AM
slimshandy69
I HAVE OBAMA TATTOO!

Rep Power: 13 slimshandy69 has a reputation beyond reputeslimshandy69 has a reputation beyond reputeslimshandy69 has a reputation beyond reputeslimshandy69 has a reputation beyond reputeslimshandy69 has a reputation beyond reputeslimshandy69 has a reputation beyond reputeslimshandy69 has a reputation beyond reputeslimshandy69 has a reputation beyond reputeslimshandy69 has a reputation beyond reputeslimshandy69 has a reputation beyond reputeslimshandy69 has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 10,000,729,915.26
You're quite an excellent poster - thuggery Well deserved - Szef99 Solid poster - Weltschmerz superb post about Lomachenko, he is a beast and P4P DESTINE - thuggery top poster - Freedom2014 

bout time, its discrimination against nottingham people as to why hes not shown on the masin tv networks...
Old 05-06-2011, 08:57 AM
ding-ding
Contender

Rep Power: 5 ding-ding has much to be proud ofding-ding has much to be proud ofding-ding has much to be proud ofding-ding has much to be proud ofding-ding has much to be proud ofding-ding has much to be proud ofding-ding has much to be proud ofding-ding has much to be proud ofding-ding has much to be proud ofding-ding has much to be proud of
Total Points: 41,019.18

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimshandy69 View Post
bout time, its discrimination against nottingham people as to why hes not shown on the masin tv networks...
haha I don't think it was regionalism and where he is from. It was purely down to a piss poor promoter. Switches to Matchroom and within a week or so his fight is on SKy, and Barry /Eddie have been clever not trying to go for PPV build Carls profile, let the non hardcore fans see him and learn to love him and then try and earn a big PPV pay day off the back of the exposure
Old 05-07-2011, 02:48 PM
The Surgeon
Days Of Glory

Rep Power: 56 The Surgeon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Surgeon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Surgeon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Surgeon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Surgeon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Surgeon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Surgeon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Surgeon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Surgeon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Surgeon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Surgeon has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 413,889,208,907.27
Total Points: 200,526,873,986,612.91
Happy 18th  Birthday, Braveheart - jreckoning Yes, Cheers Amigo! - anonymousboxing Thanks for your support - Massage Queen toasting the anglo-scottish alliance - mr.crust Cotto = The man - Animalistic 
Keep visiting the History Section man! - Barnburner To one of  the really good guys in the History section. - Terry A For my best boxing scene mate - BigStereotype Who the ***k is HALGER ????? - McGoorty I know how much the scottish love their flowers so I thought I'd be nice and get you one. - eli porter 
congrats on your first article for KO Digest - fitefanSHO Green :) - dancovboxer cheers - hhs661 CHEERS MATE !!! - BERNIE'S CORNER jaja! pa la victoria de cotto! - Sin City 
For Cotto! - 120 Cheers - typeone Happy New Year! - Scott9945 Cpngrats - typeone Merry Christmas! - TartanSoldier 
Autism - The Surgeon Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - The Surgeon Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - The Surgeon Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - The Surgeon 

About ****in time the Cobra hit Sky and the UK can see how its done! Not that he is in for a nice time with The Road Warrior! I like Froch on the cards tho

Think this makes Henessey look pretty ****in bad, Carls been with Eddie and Barry for like a week and he is back on Sky lol

Adam Smith has probably been making a real effort to get Carl tho, he's a good guy and im glad he is running the show there
Old 05-10-2011, 08:12 AM
niallcollins
Contender

Rep Power: 0 niallcollins is infamous around these partsniallcollins is infamous around these partsniallcollins is infamous around these partsniallcollins is infamous around these partsniallcollins is infamous around these partsniallcollins is infamous around these partsniallcollins is infamous around these partsniallcollins is infamous around these partsniallcollins is infamous around these partsniallcollins is infamous around these partsniallcollins is infamous around these parts
Total Points: 6,177.29

im glad he is on sky.love watchin him fight.all action all d time
Old 05-10-2011, 08:49 AM
SirTomJones
GOLDEN BOY

Rep Power: 75 SirTomJones has a reputation beyond reputeSirTomJones has a reputation beyond reputeSirTomJones has a reputation beyond reputeSirTomJones has a reputation beyond reputeSirTomJones has a reputation beyond reputeSirTomJones has a reputation beyond reputeSirTomJones has a reputation beyond reputeSirTomJones has a reputation beyond reputeSirTomJones has a reputation beyond reputeSirTomJones has a reputation beyond reputeSirTomJones has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 898,052,501,029,606.12
Total Points: 898,052,501,059,718.50
out - *Boss Lady* so - *Boss Lady* they - *Boss Lady* all - *Boss Lady* match - *Boss Lady* 
because - *Boss Lady* i - *Boss Lady* am - *Boss Lady* a - *Boss Lady* fuc - *Boss Lady* 
king - *Boss Lady* leg- - *Boss Lady* -end - *Boss Lady* love - *Boss Lady* ya - *Boss Lady* 
Jonesy - *Boss Lady* Success! :D xxxxx - *Boss Lady* No Message - alza1988 Merry Christmas and Happy New Year - Freedom. Happy nu year luv! - led* 
Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - *Boss Lady* Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - *Boss Lady* Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - *Boss Lady* Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - *Boss Lady* Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - *Boss Lady* 
Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - *Boss Lady* Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - *Boss Lady* Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - *Boss Lady* Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - *Boss Lady* Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - *Boss Lady* 
Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - *Boss Lady* Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - *Boss Lady* Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - *Boss Lady* Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - *Boss Lady* Eating Disorders - Esophageal Cancer - Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease - Irritable Bowel Syndrome - Pulmonary Hypertension - codey 

Froch deserves to make a lot of money in his last few fights.

Froch deserves to be on sky at the very least.
Old 05-10-2011, 11:31 AM
ding-ding
Contender

Rep Power: 5 ding-ding has much to be proud ofding-ding has much to be proud ofding-ding has much to be proud ofding-ding has much to be proud ofding-ding has much to be proud ofding-ding has much to be proud ofding-ding has much to be proud ofding-ding has much to be proud ofding-ding has much to be proud ofding-ding has much to be proud of
Total Points: 41,019.18

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Surgeon View Post
About ****in time the Cobra hit Sky and the UK can see how its done! Not that he is in for a nice time with The Road Warrior! I like Froch on the cards tho

Think this makes Henessey look pretty ****in bad, Carls been with Eddie and Barry for like a week and he is back on Sky lol

Adam Smith has probably been making a real effort to get Carl tho, he's a good guy and im glad he is running the show there
you've really got to wonder what he has been doing since Carl won the title first time around. This was at a time before Haye was big news in the Heavyweights and before Khan had his world title. If you've got the only British world champion on your books and you can't get him on a major TV network that's pretty worrying, although from what I heard Hennessey let himself down trying to insist on PPV for the Taylor fight which wound up with that online PPV stream. Had they stuck with ITV I dare say we'd have had a heavily promoted Froch in the Super Six and the fight vs Abraham would have been hyped to hell on a sky PPV billing.
Old 05-10-2011, 12:02 PM
bboy80
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 10 bboy80 has a reputation beyond reputebboy80 has a reputation beyond reputebboy80 has a reputation beyond reputebboy80 has a reputation beyond reputebboy80 has a reputation beyond reputebboy80 has a reputation beyond reputebboy80 has a reputation beyond reputebboy80 has a reputation beyond reputebboy80 has a reputation beyond reputebboy80 has a reputation beyond reputebboy80 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 33,484,961,575.41
Total Points: 33,484,972,637.39
Your a good poster,have a beer - The_Demon 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ding-ding View Post
you've really got to wonder what he has been doing since Carl won the title first time around.
Fuk all i would imagine and he is starting to fuk Fury's future fights as well.