Boxing Forum
  Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade
Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Non Boxing Talk > Boxing Scene Lounge
Register Blogs Chat Arcade Groups Mark Forums Read

Old 04-30-2011, 08:16 PM
BallisticAffair
Banned

Rep Power: 0 BallisticAffair has a reputation beyond reputeBallisticAffair has a reputation beyond reputeBallisticAffair has a reputation beyond reputeBallisticAffair has a reputation beyond reputeBallisticAffair has a reputation beyond reputeBallisticAffair has a reputation beyond reputeBallisticAffair has a reputation beyond reputeBallisticAffair has a reputation beyond reputeBallisticAffair has a reputation beyond reputeBallisticAffair has a reputation beyond reputeBallisticAffair has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 12,003.31
Default Dylan the Boxer;

Dude apparently has a private gym in Malibu or somewhere in or around L.A.; he's apparently fought cats like Quentin Tarantino (tapped that ass) and Sean Penn (outcome unknown).

Seem too surreal to be true??

Word is that Paul Simon wrote 'The Boxer' as a criticism of Dylan (which would explain Dylan's hilariously half-assed cover of it on 'Self Portrait'). If you look into that, you'll find references to Dylan's gym in google.

Here's a page from expectingrain.com/discussions/ (the I'm-so-into-Dylan-that-I-don't-have-a-life forum) with some interesting links,

http://expectingrain.com/discussions...628e2a98dd7533

I guess writing about boxers now and again got him more interested in the sport gradually. Certainly, he came a long way with the sport after the heavyhanded, kinda naive commentary of 'Who Killed Davey Moore' (which he somewhat distanced himself from later on).
Old 04-30-2011, 08:19 PM
Mannie Phresh
LUCAS KO'S FLOYD

Rep Power: 47 Mannie Phresh has a reputation beyond reputeMannie Phresh has a reputation beyond reputeMannie Phresh has a reputation beyond reputeMannie Phresh has a reputation beyond reputeMannie Phresh has a reputation beyond reputeMannie Phresh has a reputation beyond reputeMannie Phresh has a reputation beyond reputeMannie Phresh has a reputation beyond reputeMannie Phresh has a reputation beyond reputeMannie Phresh has a reputation beyond reputeMannie Phresh has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 43,066,961,094,266,784.00
Total Points: 54,177,961,094,296,464.00
Nice user title - rorymac No Message - Tha_Greatest Keep grillin these kids. - Kenny MF Powers No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Mannie Phresh 
Happy Easter :kiss: - Bossy Thanks for joining the discussion in my thread about GF's and boxing, its nice to hear everyones experiences with being a fan of the sport!!! - Atreyu Khalil Here's one for the kid. COngrats bro! - led* heres to your baby boy cheers - MARKBNLV Congratulations on your baby boy...have some coffee! - jose830 
No Message - MARKBNLV not sure whos alt u are but i like you lol - ~BoZz~ Happy holidays bro! - led* lmaoooo! what you just posted on MEAT's thread deserves a burger :lol1: - jose830 WAR LUCASSS may the powerful toxins of iguana meat flow thru his veins - thuggery 
No Message - jose830 :luvbed: - -jose- you need more gifts - sugarsmosley great post! - -jose- Mannie Phresh is a G - Mike D 
World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -jose- 

cool story. u hit up the music forums to?
Old 04-30-2011, 09:38 PM
BallisticAffair
Banned

Rep Power: 0 BallisticAffair has a reputation beyond reputeBallisticAffair has a reputation beyond reputeBallisticAffair has a reputation beyond reputeBallisticAffair has a reputation beyond reputeBallisticAffair has a reputation beyond reputeBallisticAffair has a reputation beyond reputeBallisticAffair has a reputation beyond reputeBallisticAffair has a reputation beyond reputeBallisticAffair has a reputation beyond reputeBallisticAffair has a reputation beyond reputeBallisticAffair has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mannie Phresh View Post
cool story. u hit up the music forums to?
Not as much as I used to. I used to hit up expectingrain.com/discussions/ for the awesome bootleg download section they had there a ways back, but I never posted or even read threads there. Just found that thread in google.

Used to read other music forums, though. Still pop back to a couple places to read now and then.

This forum is my only regular haunt for posting.
Old 05-01-2011, 08:28 AM
PEBBLES!
Banned

Bank: 185,677,884.59
Total Points: 1,277,349,064.00
welcome back - Freedom Fighter i just wanted to welcome you bakk with this gift and a nice big fukk u , lol, nyahahahahahaha, just playing, welcome bakk homie - Tha_Greatest welcome back buddy :) - Gorilla Dogs HALAL SUBWAY - DiLLiNGER one of the most enteratining and badass guys here - dj emz 
even though you are a deceitful baterd , lol, i cant hate you forever, lol, nyahahahaha - Tha_Greatest stay up, my friend. - Willy Wanker merry xmas - Subtraction for the underrated stone roses!...long overdue - BritishBoxing92 Thanks for the downloads. - Barnburner 
No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest peace homie, lol, you made sully and demise your official bittches, lol, im off, lol, nyahahaha - Tha_Greatest Merry Christmas - Flab ...and a Happy New Year! - Flab 
happy holidays akh - dj emzz 
Childhood Cancer - dj emz 

Nice find! Never seemed to me like he had the frame for a boxer. Looked like a strong breeze could push him over.
Old 05-01-2011, 08:35 AM
BallisticAffair
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stones! View Post
Nice find! Never seemed to me like he had the frame for a boxer. Looked like a strong breeze could push him over.
Aknooo.

I was surprised myself. And I thought I'd read a bit on Dylan. Took a sparring partner on the road??
Old 05-01-2011, 08:39 AM
PEBBLES!
Banned

Bank: 185,677,884.59
Total Points: 1,277,349,064.00
welcome back - Freedom Fighter i just wanted to welcome you bakk with this gift and a nice big fukk u , lol, nyahahahahahaha, just playing, welcome bakk homie - Tha_Greatest welcome back buddy :) - Gorilla Dogs HALAL SUBWAY - DiLLiNGER one of the most enteratining and badass guys here - dj emz 
even though you are a deceitful baterd , lol, i cant hate you forever, lol, nyahahahaha - Tha_Greatest stay up, my friend. - Willy Wanker merry xmas - Subtraction for the underrated stone roses!...long overdue - BritishBoxing92 Thanks for the downloads. - Barnburner 
No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest peace homie, lol, you made sully and demise your official bittches, lol, im off, lol, nyahahaha - Tha_Greatest Merry Christmas - Flab ...and a Happy New Year! - Flab 
happy holidays akh - dj emzz 
Childhood Cancer - dj emz 

LOL, he probably thinks he's a hard-man or something, that scene in the hotel before he and Donovan sang, he was doing a lot of posturing. How much does he weigh? Looks somewhere between 135 & 147 if he trained.
Old 05-01-2011, 09:00 AM
BallisticAffair
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stones! View Post
LOL, he probably thinks he's a hard-man or something, that scene in the hotel before he and Donovan sang, he was doing a lot of posturing. How much does he weigh? Looks somewhere between 135 & 147 if he trained.
No idea, man. He probably didn't have a serious interest in lacing on gloves by that point, though. Guessing that came a fair while later, LOL.

If Simon did write his song as a criticism of Dylan, then the boxer is obviously just a symbolic image rather than a nod to Bobby's secret fistic life.

Just googling for info on that brought up the stuff about his gym and the sparring partner and all. I've got time for some of his work, and he's a top-draw film historian as well as maker, but Tarantino's a prick and I'd love to have been a fly on the wall of that gym when Bobby dropped him.
Old 05-01-2011, 09:11 AM
oaklandstephen
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 14 oaklandstephen has a reputation beyond reputeoaklandstephen has a reputation beyond reputeoaklandstephen has a reputation beyond reputeoaklandstephen has a reputation beyond reputeoaklandstephen has a reputation beyond reputeoaklandstephen has a reputation beyond reputeoaklandstephen has a reputation beyond reputeoaklandstephen has a reputation beyond reputeoaklandstephen has a reputation beyond reputeoaklandstephen has a reputation beyond reputeoaklandstephen has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 496,894,240,648.52
Total Points: 496,962,418,231.34

yea he used to box at the gym i go to in oakland called kings gym which is also andre wards gym.
Old 05-01-2011, 09:12 AM
BallisticAffair
Banned

That said...for the act of crass faggotry that was 'Neighborhood Bully', I'd love to have seen Sean Penn drop Bobby on his ass.

"I was shadow boxing earlier in the day, I figured I was ready for Cassius Clay
I said fee, fie, fo, fum, Cassius Clay, here I come
26, 27, 28, 29, I'm gonna make your face look just like mine
Five, four, three, two, one, Cassius Clay you'd better run
99, 100, 101, 102, your ma won't even recognize you
14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, gonna knock him clean right out of his spleen..."

Old 05-01-2011, 09:15 AM
BallisticAffair
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by oaklandstephen View Post
yea he used to box at the gym i go to in oakland called kings gym which is also andre wards gym.
Seriously? You've seen him in there??