Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing
Thread Navigation

Old 05-01-2011, 05:35 AM
physiker
Banned

Rep Power: 0 physiker has a reputation beyond reputephysiker has a reputation beyond reputephysiker has a reputation beyond reputephysiker has a reputation beyond reputephysiker has a reputation beyond reputephysiker has a reputation beyond reputephysiker has a reputation beyond reputephysiker has a reputation beyond reputephysiker has a reputation beyond reputephysiker has a reputation beyond reputephysiker has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 48,406.28
Default Any great boxing movies from Britain or Ireland?

We've discussed Raging Bull, The Hurricane and others here lately.

Anything from across the pond, that you recommend and that we can see?
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 05-01-2011, 05:37 AM
physiker
Banned

Rep Power: 0 physiker has a reputation beyond reputephysiker has a reputation beyond reputephysiker has a reputation beyond reputephysiker has a reputation beyond reputephysiker has a reputation beyond reputephysiker has a reputation beyond reputephysiker has a reputation beyond reputephysiker has a reputation beyond reputephysiker has a reputation beyond reputephysiker has a reputation beyond reputephysiker has a reputation beyond repute

Or Australia, New Zealand, Canada etc.

Saw the docu on Chuvalo-- was very good.
Old 05-01-2011, 05:42 AM
Fix
Banned

Rep Power: 0 Fix is infamous around these partsFix is infamous around these partsFix is infamous around these partsFix is infamous around these partsFix is infamous around these partsFix is infamous around these partsFix is infamous around these partsFix is infamous around these partsFix is infamous around these partsFix is infamous around these partsFix is infamous around these parts
Total Points: 2,161,003.56

I can't remember any boxing movies from there off the top, but a good documentary is Little Prince Big Fight, which has got some real interesting footage in the build-up to the Hamed-Barrera fight. It basically shows that Hamed's training camp was a complete joke. Definitely worth watching if you haven't seen it. I'm pretty sure its on YouTube too.
Old 05-01-2011, 05:47 AM
Trigg
Jack The Stripper

Rep Power: 8 Trigg has a reputation beyond reputeTrigg has a reputation beyond reputeTrigg has a reputation beyond reputeTrigg has a reputation beyond reputeTrigg has a reputation beyond reputeTrigg has a reputation beyond reputeTrigg has a reputation beyond reputeTrigg has a reputation beyond reputeTrigg has a reputation beyond reputeTrigg has a reputation beyond reputeTrigg has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 11.65
Total Points: 27,010,936.62
top man - The_Demon No Message - Traveler1 

''The Boxer'' with Daniel Day-Lewis

Fantastic film
Old 05-01-2011, 05:48 AM
physiker
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fix View Post
I can't remember any boxing movies from there off the top, but a good documentary is Little Prince Big Fight, which has got some real interesting footage in the build-up to the Hamed-Barrera fight. It basically shows that Hamed's training camp was a complete joke. Definitely worth watching if you haven't seen it. I'm pretty sure its on YouTube too.
Thank you.
Someone here (you?) rec'd it last week and I saw it then.

U r right, it was excellent. He/they sure were focused on the wrong things.
Seems like he/they thought Hamed was invincible or such.

Do you think that was Bareera's finest hour?
Old 05-01-2011, 05:52 AM
physiker
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbo87 View Post
''The Boxer'' with Daniel Day-Lewis

Fantastic film
Thanks. I respect your opinion. We discussed that one too a few days ago. Seems like most of us thought there was something missing from this film, as it didn't excite us.

Was it supposed to take place in Ireland?
If so, Republic or N. Ireland?

Anyway do you rate it up there with Raging Bull, Hurricane and such? Or better for that matter?
Old 05-01-2011, 05:55 AM
physiker
Banned

Quote:
And since you like great boxing docs, did you see Ring Of Fire?
About the Emile Griffith/Bneny Paret fight and aftermath.
Old 05-01-2011, 06:01 AM
Fix
Banned

Rep Power: 0 Fix is infamous around these partsFix is infamous around these partsFix is infamous around these partsFix is infamous around these partsFix is infamous around these partsFix is infamous around these partsFix is infamous around these partsFix is infamous around these partsFix is infamous around these partsFix is infamous around these partsFix is infamous around these parts
Total Points: 2,161,003.56

Quote:
Originally Posted by physiker View Post
Thank you.
Someone here (you?) rec'd it last week and I saw it then.

U r right, it was excellent. He/they sure were focused on the wrong things.
Seems like he/they thought Hamed was invincible or such.

Do you think that was Bareera's finest hour?
I think Barrera did brilliantly in that fight. Yeah, it could be considered his finest hour. It's a shame Hamed wasn't at his best, but it was all his own fault so Barrera deserved to win. Like you say, it seemed like he thought he was invincible and his whole team around him were just yes-men.

There's another documentary I saw but I can't remember the name. It was about this group of traveling boxers in Australia who would go around the outback and box in organized contests. Damn, if I remember the name I'll get back to you.

And here's a doc you may have already seen: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ptSn...ature=youtu.be
Old 05-01-2011, 06:21 AM
medium-deek
Bet to Win

Rep Power: 7941 medium-deek has a reputation beyond reputemedium-deek has a reputation beyond reputemedium-deek has a reputation beyond reputemedium-deek has a reputation beyond reputemedium-deek has a reputation beyond reputemedium-deek has a reputation beyond reputemedium-deek has a reputation beyond reputemedium-deek has a reputation beyond reputemedium-deek has a reputation beyond reputemedium-deek has a reputation beyond reputemedium-deek has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 248,091,671,729.70
Total Points: 248,108,669,921.07
Thanks - danny711 Pays his bets! - Sir TomJones thanks for points :) - lightsout_finit Generous guy! - SuperTrooper 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Gift Giver Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - BoxingTech718 

Old 05-01-2011, 06:26 AM
physiker
Banned

Quote:
I think Barrera did brilliantly in that fight. Yeah, it could be considered his finest hour. It's a shame Hamed wasn't at his best, but it was all his own fault so Barrera deserved to win. Like you say, it seemed like he thought he was invincible and his whole team around him were just yes-men.

There's another documentary I saw but I can't remember the name. It was about this group of traveling boxers in Australia who would go around the outback and box in organized contests. Damn, if I remember the name I'll get back to you.

And here's a doc you may have already seen: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ptSn...ature=youtu.be
So you think Hamed might have won in a rematch?

I saw the Champions Forever doc. Yes, great.

Did you say if you've seen "Ring of Fire"?