Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing
View Poll Results: Who will end up being Goldenboy's Golden Boy Ortiz or Khan?
Khan will continue to be GBP's Top Man 2 7.41%
Ortiz will take over as GBP's top dog after a few fights 18 66.67%
Ortiz and Khan will get attention from GBP in the long run 7 25.93%
Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

Thread Navigation

Old 04-22-2011, 08:18 PM
Jakutindi Wauya
Banned

Bank: 281,252,606.79
Total Points: 286,575,000.79
you can pretend it's Lennox Lewis - Freedom. walking negative stereotype - thuggery 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - JM1 Gay and Lesbian Pride - JM1 Gay and Lesbian Pride - JM1 Gay and Lesbian Pride - JM1 Gay and Lesbian Pride - JM1 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - alexpz Gay and Lesbian Pride - Freedom. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince Mongo View Post
2 fights ago it was clear that Goldenboy's Goldenboy was Khan. He raised his profile with a super performance against Maidana.Ortiz eked out a draw with Lamont Peterson and seemed to be clinging on to his career by his fingernails. There was no question Ortiz was well below Khan in Goldenboy's pecking order.
Then Goldenboy set up a sink or swim fight for Ortiz with the Berto bout and a nothing space filler nothing fight for Khan with the Paul McCloskey bout. The Ortiz/Berto fight turned out to be a great fight with Ortiz redeeming himself and Khan's stock dropped after an unsatisfactory controversial stoppage in a nothing fight. Team Khan seemed to be heavily involved in the negotiations and upset Eddie Hearn and hashed up the TV deal. I am sure Oscar can only take so much of Team Khan's antics and with Ortiz he does not have that kind of baggage.
IMO the next fight the two fighters have will be critical in determining who is the priority fighter on Golden boy's books. Right now Amir is the main man but if his family continue to influence the fights he takes and continue low balling opponents I can see Oscar getting fed up and Ortiz if he keeps on winning he could end up as being Goldenboy's Goldenboy.
What do you think?
Khan's on the way down while Ortiz's on the way up.
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 04-22-2011, 08:26 PM
[ DUBBZZ ]
H.A.A.I.C.

Rep Power: 142 [ DUBBZZ ] has a reputation beyond repute[ DUBBZZ ] has a reputation beyond repute[ DUBBZZ ] has a reputation beyond repute[ DUBBZZ ] has a reputation beyond repute[ DUBBZZ ] has a reputation beyond repute[ DUBBZZ ] has a reputation beyond repute[ DUBBZZ ] has a reputation beyond repute[ DUBBZZ ] has a reputation beyond repute[ DUBBZZ ] has a reputation beyond repute[ DUBBZZ ] has a reputation beyond repute[ DUBBZZ ] has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 3,068,615,094,141.08
Total Points: 4,284,215,448,641.37
Have a sammich on me. :) - Bossy Sammich - Bossy Gotta keep you fed - Bossy Saturday Sammich! - Bossy Sammich for the lawls! - Bossy 
Father's day sammich! :) - Bossy I've been slacking, you need a sammich - Bossy No Message - Bossy Hungry? - Bossy Happy Birthday - jose830 
Happy B-day.. - !! AI-Holmes!! Happy birthday, my honky! - Timothy Horton Happy Bday, buddy. - Terrel Happy Birthday ! - BulgariasFinest A gift for my bro's bday! - led* 
Boom! - Tuggers1986 for your help - jazluvr Psycho Dad lmao - -jose- Psycho Dad-lmao-classic - -jose- Your Insight About LeBron's Genius Master Plan is Genius. I Give you this Dollar because that post is straight Money, I hope you are right. - BrushMyHair 

I think the key is who can move up in weight more successfully. I'd say ortiz because he's American and can potentially be a bigger draw because of the Mexican fanbase. Maybe they can have two GBs: one for Europe and one for N America.
Old 04-22-2011, 11:45 PM
Hard Boiled
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 8 Hard Boiled has a reputation beyond reputeHard Boiled has a reputation beyond reputeHard Boiled has a reputation beyond reputeHard Boiled has a reputation beyond reputeHard Boiled has a reputation beyond reputeHard Boiled has a reputation beyond reputeHard Boiled has a reputation beyond reputeHard Boiled has a reputation beyond reputeHard Boiled has a reputation beyond reputeHard Boiled has a reputation beyond reputeHard Boiled has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 201,529,732.48
Total Points: 318,931,486.05

I think people are forgetting that Ortiz quit like a dog against Maidana, A guy that Khan beat in fight of the year, Granted Ortiz won the fight with Berto but it was sink or swim for Ortiz and if he lost that second chance at a world title then his career was over. Khan beat Ortiz in the amatuers and is already a world champion with several defences, Not only that he is on the verge of unifying the titles.

I think Khan is still the goldenboy the fact that Oscar chose to attend Khans fight over Ortiz fight shows that, Also Oscar gave Khan a new multi year deal to re sign before his McCloskey fight. The McCloskey fight was always meant to be stay busy fight I dont know the big deal.

People are forgetting that Ortiz quit against Maidana, Drew with Peterson because he beat Berto, If Khan beats Bradley he will have done a certain one-one-upmanship
Old 04-22-2011, 11:51 PM
sinmiedo
Contender

Rep Power: 6 sinmiedo will become famous soon enoughsinmiedo will become famous soon enough
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 14,933.59

Ortiz had it from the get go, but that lost from maidana slowed him down. He is the future for GBP. Everything bout him is ODH.
Old 04-23-2011, 12:16 AM
Wapacman
Banned

Bank: 6,694,602.28
Total Points: 6,700,919.12
No Message - JibbaJabber 

They should fight eachother. I believe ortiz would kill Con.
Old 04-23-2011, 12:17 AM
S H A R K B O Y
Below The Heavens

Rep Power: 11 S H A R K B O Y has a reputation beyond reputeS H A R K B O Y has a reputation beyond reputeS H A R K B O Y has a reputation beyond reputeS H A R K B O Y has a reputation beyond reputeS H A R K B O Y has a reputation beyond reputeS H A R K B O Y has a reputation beyond reputeS H A R K B O Y has a reputation beyond reputeS H A R K B O Y has a reputation beyond reputeS H A R K B O Y has a reputation beyond reputeS H A R K B O Y has a reputation beyond reputeS H A R K B O Y has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 697,635,278,458.70
Total Points: 697,691,070,306.51
Heres A Pet Fish For The Shark Boy :) - BritishBoxing92 Another one for the tank - Disposable Arts No Message - Dorian No Message - Dorian Your fish need a new buddy - Disposable Arts 
for when you pretend you are Andre Ward's woman - Freedom. respect you as a poster, keep it up champ! - Atreyu Khalil fly ass Ward/Chad sig - MalikKnucklez 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Loccy 

Ortiz. Khan's chin won't give him the longevity to be the Golden Boy.
Old 04-23-2011, 01:04 AM
aznhybrid
Interim Champion

Total Points: 32,453.22

The answer is obvious. We will know when they FIGHT each other.
I feel that deep down Khan has the edge. While Ortiz is slowly gaining momentum of his own.
Old 04-23-2011, 01:09 AM
koolttt
Interim Champion

Rep Power: 0 koolttt is infamous around these partskoolttt is infamous around these partskoolttt is infamous around these partskoolttt is infamous around these partskoolttt is infamous around these partskoolttt is infamous around these partskoolttt is infamous around these partskoolttt is infamous around these partskoolttt is infamous around these partskoolttt is infamous around these partskoolttt is infamous around these parts
Bank: 193,941.02
Total Points: 732,925.60

I can't see Khan lasting very long...Khan's shelf life will be much shorter than Ortiz's.
Old 04-23-2011, 01:16 AM
McFearless
Don't Believe the Hype.

Rep Power: 0 McFearless is infamous around these partsMcFearless is infamous around these partsMcFearless is infamous around these partsMcFearless is infamous around these partsMcFearless is infamous around these partsMcFearless is infamous around these partsMcFearless is infamous around these partsMcFearless is infamous around these partsMcFearless is infamous around these partsMcFearless is infamous around these partsMcFearless is infamous around these parts
Total Points: 10,053,622.26

do you guys have a different outlook on khans potential career when you look at him wanting to retire at 28 (or something like that)??
Old 04-23-2011, 01:19 AM
Red Rebel
sniper

Rep Power: 7 Red Rebel has a reputation beyond reputeRed Rebel has a reputation beyond reputeRed Rebel has a reputation beyond reputeRed Rebel has a reputation beyond reputeRed Rebel has a reputation beyond reputeRed Rebel has a reputation beyond reputeRed Rebel has a reputation beyond reputeRed Rebel has a reputation beyond reputeRed Rebel has a reputation beyond reputeRed Rebel has a reputation beyond reputeRed Rebel has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 69,107.26
Total Points: 90,688.54

Khan for now. Once Ortiz build his name farther, it'll be Ortiz.