Need to put on 10+ pounds of muscle. - Boxing Forum
Boxing Forum
Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Training & Nutrition

Old 04-20-2011, 10:32 AM #1
Knuckles Up

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Equilibrium has a reputation beyond reputeEquilibrium has a reputation beyond reputeEquilibrium has a reputation beyond reputeEquilibrium has a reputation beyond reputeEquilibrium has a reputation beyond reputeEquilibrium has a reputation beyond reputeEquilibrium has a reputation beyond reputeEquilibrium has a reputation beyond reputeEquilibrium has a reputation beyond reputeEquilibrium has a reputation beyond reputeEquilibrium has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 2,367,314,386,478.64
Total Points: 2,367,314,406,074.71
Thanks for your help! - Bendigo On Me! - Izrock I'm sick of the fangirls. You a real boxing fan bro - mangler 2k posts man - you are one of the very best on here - you need to post more - Dan... the point giver thanks thee for the incredible generosity - the point giver 
parallelogram sa inyo - Jack Napier early xmas present - jazluvr thread contribution and for after your wake and bake! - HUGH JASS 
Default Need to put on 10+ pounds of muscle.

Long story short i got a job opportunity that could be very lucrative for me in the near future.

I'm 6'4 245. They said i needed to put on some weight to look bigger. I had let myself go a little recently as i should be 235 or so. But they want me to get even bigger. I have seen some of the guys i would work with and some of them are fat as hell. Like 6'2 400 pounds and **** like that.

i don't want to get fat so ill put on some muscle. I won't juice or anything, im a stoner and juicing would freak me out.

So over the past few years i have been mostly boxing like 4-5 days a week and lifting weights only 1 day a week. With sparring as often as possible.

I'll switch to lifting 3 days a week, and box on off days when im not too sore, i'll make sure to run atleast once a week.

What i want to know is how to eat.

Recently i get up, an hour later i go to the gym for about 2-3 hours. Right after the gym i drink a protein shake and eat an apple.

I go on that for about 4 hours. Then i get a real decent sized meal with lots of proteins and vegetalbes, end it with a fruit and thats it for the day.

Now i have been lifting more for like 4 days, so thats two days of lifting and i actually lost weight. So i might not be eating enough.

So should i just eat a lot more? Good food, not much junk food.

Would i gain more weight that way?

And yes i know it will **** up my cardio but:

Money > Cardio

Thanks.
Equilibrium is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 04-20-2011, 12:50 PM #2
Banned

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
2Fast has a reputation beyond repute2Fast has a reputation beyond repute2Fast has a reputation beyond repute2Fast has a reputation beyond repute2Fast has a reputation beyond repute2Fast has a reputation beyond repute2Fast has a reputation beyond repute2Fast has a reputation beyond repute2Fast has a reputation beyond repute2Fast has a reputation beyond repute2Fast has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 271,895.23
Total Points: 8,090,105.63
Aphasia - Asthma/Allergies - Brain Cancer - Brain Tumors - Diabetes - Mental Illness - Teddy_Atlas 

It would take 2 years of lifting weights and dieting to gain 10 pounds of muscle clean. I would suggest to juice if it really needs to happen fast.
2Fast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 04:56 PM #3
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 48 Post(s)
solo20 is infamous around these partssolo20 is infamous around these partssolo20 is infamous around these partssolo20 is infamous around these partssolo20 is infamous around these partssolo20 is infamous around these partssolo20 is infamous around these partssolo20 is infamous around these partssolo20 is infamous around these partssolo20 is infamous around these partssolo20 is infamous around these parts
Bank: 100,729,501,028,701.31
Total Points: 100,729,501,094,520.77

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Fast View Post
It would take 2 years of lifting weights and dieting to gain 10 pounds of muscle clean. I would suggest to juice if it really needs to happen fast.
i agree with this guy 10 pounds is alot of muscle to get in one year. most guys can get about 6 pounds a year put 10 for get it get roids if you need to see gains fast
solo20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 02:56 PM #4
Scouse Mouse

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
-Jay- has a reputation beyond repute-Jay- has a reputation beyond repute-Jay- has a reputation beyond repute-Jay- has a reputation beyond repute-Jay- has a reputation beyond repute-Jay- has a reputation beyond repute-Jay- has a reputation beyond repute-Jay- has a reputation beyond repute-Jay- has a reputation beyond repute-Jay- has a reputation beyond repute-Jay- has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 312,523,915,869,628.69
Total Points: 312,525,319,555,377.50
Testing. - -Jay- Cheers for the green - rorymac For still being here - Terrel Boxingscene legend.. - !! AI-Holmes!! enjoy! - -jose- 
what's the coldest you've experienced up in ohhh Canada - -jose- :beerchug: - -jose- 

I highly doubt either of the guys who posted above know much about steroids. Having seen what happens if you do not cycle properly first hand I wouldn't recommend that. Just get lifting and eat like a horse.
-Jay- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 04:50 PM #5
Undisputed Champion

*Boss* has a reputation beyond repute*Boss* has a reputation beyond repute*Boss* has a reputation beyond repute*Boss* has a reputation beyond repute*Boss* has a reputation beyond repute*Boss* has a reputation beyond repute*Boss* has a reputation beyond repute*Boss* has a reputation beyond repute*Boss* has a reputation beyond repute*Boss* has a reputation beyond repute*Boss* has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 38,254,365.48
Enjoy the fight, you're an excellent poster! - dancovboxer 

What job is that ? Anyway , if you want to get bigger , you need to lift hvy , eat a lot , sleep a lot.
*Boss* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 05:22 PM #6
Contender

TKD1 is a name known to allTKD1 is a name known to allTKD1 is a name known to allTKD1 is a name known to allTKD1 is a name known to allTKD1 is a name known to all
Bank: 284,651.45
Total Points: 326,812.45
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - TKD1 

It is impossible to get 10 pounds of muscle in less than 2 years, and if you need it in months NO WAY, but if you want to gain some weight well then leave heavy weights and eat like a Leon, use weight gainers, alot of protein, good luck
TKD1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 09:55 PM #7
Up and Comer

Klemman has much to be proud ofKlemman has much to be proud ofKlemman has much to be proud ofKlemman has much to be proud ofKlemman has much to be proud ofKlemman has much to be proud ofKlemman has much to be proud ofKlemman has much to be proud ofKlemman has much to be proud of
Total Points: 1,951.55

Do you need to be bigger, or look bigger.

Creatine will increase the water in your muscles making you larger. Note that I didn't say stronger. IF you diet down you will lose weight but may look bigger (or at least more muscular) even if you are actually smaller.
Klemman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 10:35 AM #8
Undisputed Champion

Squirrel has a reputation beyond reputeSquirrel has a reputation beyond reputeSquirrel has a reputation beyond reputeSquirrel has a reputation beyond reputeSquirrel has a reputation beyond reputeSquirrel has a reputation beyond reputeSquirrel has a reputation beyond reputeSquirrel has a reputation beyond reputeSquirrel has a reputation beyond reputeSquirrel has a reputation beyond reputeSquirrel has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 54,315.62

I'm really confused why people are saying it takes 2 years to gain 10lbs of muscle, what the hell are you guys on about?

You could clean bulk that in 10 weeks if you know what you're doing.
Squirrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 12:11 PM #9
Banned

2Fast has a reputation beyond repute2Fast has a reputation beyond repute2Fast has a reputation beyond repute2Fast has a reputation beyond repute2Fast has a reputation beyond repute2Fast has a reputation beyond repute2Fast has a reputation beyond repute2Fast has a reputation beyond repute2Fast has a reputation beyond repute2Fast has a reputation beyond repute2Fast has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 271,895.23
Total Points: 8,090,105.63
Aphasia - Asthma/Allergies - Brain Cancer - Brain Tumors - Diabetes - Mental Illness - Teddy_Atlas 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squirrel View Post
I'm really confused why people are saying it takes 2 years to gain 10lbs of muscle, what the hell are you guys on about?

You could clean bulk that in 10 weeks if you know what you're doing.
2Fast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 12:35 PM #10
Undisputed Champion

Squirrel has a reputation beyond reputeSquirrel has a reputation beyond reputeSquirrel has a reputation beyond reputeSquirrel has a reputation beyond reputeSquirrel has a reputation beyond reputeSquirrel has a reputation beyond reputeSquirrel has a reputation beyond reputeSquirrel has a reputation beyond reputeSquirrel has a reputation beyond reputeSquirrel has a reputation beyond reputeSquirrel has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 54,315.62

2 years, 10 pounds is absolutely absurd. Unless your idea of lifting is doing 3x10 bicep curls 5 times a week followed by a burger.
Squirrel is offline   Reply With Quote

Share This With Friends

Tags
muscle., pounds

User Tag List