Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing
Thread Navigation

Old 04-12-2011, 09:42 AM
Maidana vs Rios
m/(>.&ltm/

Rep Power: 14 Maidana vs Rios has a reputation beyond reputeMaidana vs Rios has a reputation beyond reputeMaidana vs Rios has a reputation beyond reputeMaidana vs Rios has a reputation beyond reputeMaidana vs Rios has a reputation beyond reputeMaidana vs Rios has a reputation beyond reputeMaidana vs Rios has a reputation beyond reputeMaidana vs Rios has a reputation beyond reputeMaidana vs Rios has a reputation beyond reputeMaidana vs Rios has a reputation beyond reputeMaidana vs Rios has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 4,710,333,242.40
Total Points: 4,710,552,660.86
Great gif.  Have some liquor - danny711 Pacquiao vs Marquez IV! - Check_hooks 
Default Pac drops Porter in sparring?

Quote:
With chief trainer Freddie Roach expected to be missed the entire week this week, Pacquiao, who is staking his 147-pound crown against three-division titleholder Mosley May 7 (May 8 in Manila), looked to have ran out of sparring partner following his sending future welterweight contender Shawn Porter to the canvas in last Saturday’s session.

Porter, one of the men who helped the eight-division champion prepare in his fight against Miguel Cotto three years ago Pacquiao’s chief mate in this bout, absorbed a powerful left cross to the chin that sent him at the seats of his pants in the third round of their session and refused to continue what was billed an eight-round skirmish.

Two days ago last Thursday, the Filipino southpaw was reported to have also almost send an unidentified sparring mate kissing the floor and was only saved by the ropes from completely going down in what Roach himself said was proof that Pacquiao has already regained his punching power.

Roach, by the way, is scheduled to fly to Manchestrer, England to be in the corner another ward, Amir Khan, who is fighting Paul McCloskey this Saturday (Sunday in Manila).

Roach, in an overseas telephone interview, could not tell whether Porter will be retained or replaced, saying the former U.S Olympic team hopeful is the only Pacquiao mate capable of matching Mosley’s fighting style, speed and power.

With the way Pacquiao punished Porter though, it is doubted if the American will continue with his job and be battered that might cost him his boxing career. Lightweight David Rodela, Rashad Halloway and Karim Mayfield, who have been providing the pound-for-pound king with the needed quickness, remain in the training stable.

Strength and conditioning coach Alex Ariza related that Porter and Pacquiao were giving each other hell in the first and second round of their sparring with the former connecting with a pair of right straights early in the third.

It was then that the Filipino boxing hero unleashed his feared left cross, the same weapon he used in retiring legendary Oscar DeLa Hoya and Miguel Cotto, among his immediate previous opponents.

Whether Porter remains, Ariza said his and Roach’s immediate concern at this crucial stage of preparations is finding the sparring mate that can provide Pacquiao with the thing the former had been providing him with.
“There’s nothing to worry really. Everything has been put in place, the camp is going smoothly and Manny has been re-learning things he ought to recover,” Roach said though. “If Porter quits, we’ll find somebody with the same caliber as his.”

http://philboxing.com/news/story-53467.html

this smells fishy to me, like a fake press release to get into shane's head.

ariza releasing the name of the sparring partner that supposedly got dropped?

saying porter's career could be in jeopardy?

c'mon son!

Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 04-12-2011, 09:50 AM
PinoyKiller
Banned

Rep Power: 0 PinoyKiller has a reputation beyond reputePinoyKiller has a reputation beyond reputePinoyKiller has a reputation beyond reputePinoyKiller has a reputation beyond reputePinoyKiller has a reputation beyond reputePinoyKiller has a reputation beyond reputePinoyKiller has a reputation beyond reputePinoyKiller has a reputation beyond reputePinoyKiller has a reputation beyond reputePinoyKiller has a reputation beyond reputePinoyKiller has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,049,526.22
Total Points: 1,301,970.78

Quote:
Originally Posted by MGM-134 View Post
this smells fishy to me, like a fake press release to get into shane's head.

ariza releasing the name of the sparring partner that supposedly got dropped?

saying porter's career could be in jeopardy?

c'mon son!

Porter is overrated and a bum. He's a cool guy but for a pro boxer, he has too many flaws. I wouldn't be surprised if Porter got dropped from seeing him fight.
Old 04-12-2011, 09:50 AM
kadyo
Tua's a Grandpunk

Rep Power: 21555 kadyo has a reputation beyond reputekadyo has a reputation beyond reputekadyo has a reputation beyond reputekadyo has a reputation beyond reputekadyo has a reputation beyond reputekadyo has a reputation beyond reputekadyo has a reputation beyond reputekadyo has a reputation beyond reputekadyo has a reputation beyond reputekadyo has a reputation beyond reputekadyo has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 621,379,295,060,400.62
Total Points: 649,657,767,626,845.38
For keeping my eyes busy in my long wait for gas, Lol! (beautiful Latina's thread) - jose830 UK is a boss plain and simple. - Neutral haha! yeah! gotta love some Uncle Kadyo!! BOSS POSTER - cawadoody For a fellow Zappa fan! - sweetpea87 ran out of green, but here's to the ozawa mention. - chiguy91 
Pacquiao vs Marquez IV! - Check_hooks for being a good generous man - ~BoZz~ Cheers, glad I got one of the best :) Hope you have a good X-mas! - dan_cov Happy holidays Unc! - led* Merry Christmas and Happy New Year - Freedom. 
Merry Christmas to you and yours Kadyo. I hope 2013 brings you everything you ever wished for - deanrw Happy Holidays brother Kadyo, - !! AI-Holmes!! chur uncle - Capaedia Happy Birthday - jaded raise a glass for carl gauss and james maxwell - Barnburner 
my goodness sorry it was late sir.i hope you had a great day with your family man. - HUGH JASS thx uncle kadyo!! can always count on u 4 support - thuggery Banana for that ass. - robust_ A glass of the finest French wine (thx for k) - QuebecSTAR2 Happy Holidays, my friend! - jazluvr 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Tha_Greatest Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Tha_Greatest Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Tha_Greatest Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Tha_Greatest Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Tha_Greatest 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Tha_Greatest Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Tha_Greatest Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Tha_Greatest Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Tha_Greatest Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Tha_Greatest 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Tha_Greatest Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Tha_Greatest Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Tha_Greatest Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Tha_Greatest World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - HUGH JASS 

Let me assure you that Eddie Alinea, the sports section editor of the Manila Bulletin is a legit sports writer who won't resort to something you suspect. I still want to hear further confirmation though. Let's see if porter stays with team pacquiao or not. Better yet, let's ask him once he post here. Although, I know he would say that let what happened in the gym stays in the gym, we can read between lines to see if he really was KD'ed that bad by pac or not.
Old 04-12-2011, 09:52 AM
Battle*Hardened
Banned

Rep Power: 0 Battle*Hardened is infamous around these partsBattle*Hardened is infamous around these partsBattle*Hardened is infamous around these partsBattle*Hardened is infamous around these partsBattle*Hardened is infamous around these partsBattle*Hardened is infamous around these partsBattle*Hardened is infamous around these partsBattle*Hardened is infamous around these partsBattle*Hardened is infamous around these partsBattle*Hardened is infamous around these partsBattle*Hardened is infamous around these parts
Bank: 296,955,337.90
Total Points: 317,999,465.57

Why would it have to be fake?
Old 04-12-2011, 09:55 AM
kadyo
Tua's a Grandpunk

Rep Power: 21555 kadyo has a reputation beyond reputekadyo has a reputation beyond reputekadyo has a reputation beyond reputekadyo has a reputation beyond reputekadyo has a reputation beyond reputekadyo has a reputation beyond reputekadyo has a reputation beyond reputekadyo has a reputation beyond reputekadyo has a reputation beyond reputekadyo has a reputation beyond reputekadyo has a reputation beyond repute
For keeping my eyes busy in my long wait for gas, Lol! (beautiful Latina's thread) - jose830 UK is a boss plain and simple. - Neutral haha! yeah! gotta love some Uncle Kadyo!! BOSS POSTER - cawadoody For a fellow Zappa fan! - sweetpea87 ran out of green, but here's to the ozawa mention. - chiguy91 
Pacquiao vs Marquez IV! - Check_hooks for being a good generous man - ~BoZz~ Cheers, glad I got one of the best :) Hope you have a good X-mas! - dan_cov Happy holidays Unc! - led* Merry Christmas and Happy New Year - Freedom. 
Merry Christmas to you and yours Kadyo. I hope 2013 brings you everything you ever wished for - deanrw Happy Holidays brother Kadyo, - !! AI-Holmes!! chur uncle - Capaedia Happy Birthday - jaded raise a glass for carl gauss and james maxwell - Barnburner 
my goodness sorry it was late sir.i hope you had a great day with your family man. - HUGH JASS thx uncle kadyo!! can always count on u 4 support - thuggery Banana for that ass. - robust_ A glass of the finest French wine (thx for k) - QuebecSTAR2 Happy Holidays, my friend! - jazluvr 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Tha_Greatest Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Tha_Greatest Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Tha_Greatest Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Tha_Greatest World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - HUGH JASS 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinoyKiller View Post
Porter is overrated and a bum. He's a cool guy but for a pro boxer, he has too many flaws. I wouldn't be surprised if Porter got dropped from seeing him fight.
LOL!!!

Hey PK my man, you think Omar Henry will be a good replacement? I hear he's making an important announcement tomorrow, so maybe he'll announce that he'd be sparring with pacquiao and collect that $10 000 reward put up by roach for anyone who'd KD pac in a sparring. Wachu think?
Old 04-12-2011, 09:56 AM
Seleção No. 13
Noblesse oblige

Rep Power: 18 Seleção No. 13 has a reputation beyond reputeSeleção No. 13 has a reputation beyond reputeSeleção No. 13 has a reputation beyond reputeSeleção No. 13 has a reputation beyond reputeSeleção No. 13 has a reputation beyond reputeSeleção No. 13 has a reputation beyond reputeSeleção No. 13 has a reputation beyond reputeSeleção No. 13 has a reputation beyond reputeSeleção No. 13 has a reputation beyond reputeSeleção No. 13 has a reputation beyond reputeSeleção No. 13 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 117,471,186.24

He already dropped Porter for the Cotto fight.

He also nearly dropped his other sparring partner Karim Mayfield on his first sparring day back in Wild Card but the ropes saved him.
Old 04-12-2011, 09:57 AM
kadyo
Tua's a Grandpunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZigZag View Post
Why would it have to be fake?
Maybe because Pac wasn't on PED during sparrings?
Old 04-12-2011, 09:59 AM
kadyo
Tua's a Grandpunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seleção No. 13 View Post
He already dropped Porter for the Cotto fight.

He also nearly dropped his other sparring partner Karim Mayfield on his first sparring day back in Wild Card but the ropes saved him.
Yeah I read about that one but I also read about porter knocking down pac in a sparring which he denied when asked by other posters in this forum.
Old 04-12-2011, 10:00 AM
PinoyKiller
Banned

Rep Power: 0 PinoyKiller has a reputation beyond reputePinoyKiller has a reputation beyond reputePinoyKiller has a reputation beyond reputePinoyKiller has a reputation beyond reputePinoyKiller has a reputation beyond reputePinoyKiller has a reputation beyond reputePinoyKiller has a reputation beyond reputePinoyKiller has a reputation beyond reputePinoyKiller has a reputation beyond reputePinoyKiller has a reputation beyond reputePinoyKiller has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,049,526.22
Total Points: 1,301,970.78

Quote:
Originally Posted by kadyo View Post
LOL!!!

Hey PK my man, you think Omar Henry will be a good replacement? I hear he's making an important announcement tomorrow, so maybe he'll announce that he'd be sparring with pacquiao and collect that $10 000 reward put up by roach for anyone who'd KD pac in a sparring. Wachu think?
Omar fights more like Cotto but he needs to get some shine from Pac! Omar could be a star too

They should just pay Mosely himself to spar because Mosely needs all the help he can get. He needs to learn how Pac fights.
Old 04-12-2011, 10:03 AM
kadyo
Tua's a Grandpunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinoyKiller View Post
Omar fights more like Cotto but he needs to get some shine from Pac! Omar could be a star too

They should just pay Mosely himself to spar because Mosely needs all the help he can get. He needs to learn how Pac fights.
ahahahaha! I think that's a better idea. Maybe team pacquiao should hire you as a consultant instead of that prick named Koncz.