Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing
Thread Navigation

Old 12-19-2004, 09:39 AM
grayfist
Just old, not wise

Rep Power: 30 grayfist has a reputation beyond reputegrayfist has a reputation beyond reputegrayfist has a reputation beyond reputegrayfist has a reputation beyond reputegrayfist has a reputation beyond reputegrayfist has a reputation beyond reputegrayfist has a reputation beyond reputegrayfist has a reputation beyond reputegrayfist has a reputation beyond reputegrayfist has a reputation beyond reputegrayfist has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 51,668.15
Childhood Cancer - LeeVanCleef 

If by fleet footed one means, he was quick on his feet, I think he was. Nobody got away from a prime Mike. He caught up with everybody.

If a prime Mike were slow, he would not have been able chase many dancing masters to plant his feet, get good leverage, and slam home all those KO punches.

Last edited by grayfist; 12-19-2004 at 09:42 AM.
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 12-19-2004, 09:43 AM
tri4ben2
Contender

Rep Power: 10 tri4ben2 has a reputation beyond reputetri4ben2 has a reputation beyond reputetri4ben2 has a reputation beyond reputetri4ben2 has a reputation beyond reputetri4ben2 has a reputation beyond reputetri4ben2 has a reputation beyond reputetri4ben2 has a reputation beyond reputetri4ben2 has a reputation beyond reputetri4ben2 has a reputation beyond reputetri4ben2 has a reputation beyond reputetri4ben2 has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 16,420.00

Um,

Who cares???

Are you guys looking back and wishing Tyson pranced around like a fairy?

Tyson went for the knockout every second of every round of his fights. He didn't try to be cute and win rounds, he tried to break down his opponents and knock them out.

Ali and Holyfeild won a lot of their fights through attrition because of their footwork, and defense. Tyson won hbecause he hit so hard that guys didn't want to get up.
Old 12-19-2004, 04:53 PM
catskills23
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 14 catskills23 has a reputation beyond reputecatskills23 has a reputation beyond reputecatskills23 has a reputation beyond reputecatskills23 has a reputation beyond reputecatskills23 has a reputation beyond reputecatskills23 has a reputation beyond reputecatskills23 has a reputation beyond reputecatskills23 has a reputation beyond reputecatskills23 has a reputation beyond reputecatskills23 has a reputation beyond reputecatskills23 has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 10,484,744.66
to a legendary poster, and tyson student - jreckoning This goes out to the ATG of posters Hall of famer CATSKILLS23 this one's 4 you bruv..Do us proud!!! - The Gully Gad 

If you look at the fact that tyson did have fast feet and was able to jump from side to side real quickly its very possible that tyson could of posessed the feet to move around the ring like ali .
Old 12-19-2004, 05:15 PM
BoxingPromoter
Celtics Nation

Rep Power: 91 BoxingPromoter has a reputation beyond reputeBoxingPromoter has a reputation beyond reputeBoxingPromoter has a reputation beyond reputeBoxingPromoter has a reputation beyond reputeBoxingPromoter has a reputation beyond reputeBoxingPromoter has a reputation beyond reputeBoxingPromoter has a reputation beyond reputeBoxingPromoter has a reputation beyond reputeBoxingPromoter has a reputation beyond reputeBoxingPromoter has a reputation beyond reputeBoxingPromoter has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 190,775.05
Total Points: 7,100,330.86
A gift for ya.. - !! AI-Holmes!! You're one of my heroes. I love you son. - mickeyb Thanks for the gift. Congrats on passing 7k posts - ??? A round on me - boxing2005 Vitali!!! - Mike Tyson77 
Have a drink on me my friend. - BatTheMan Thanks for getting me into Team Classic. - BattlingNelson Chris gets nothing from me. - BUFFOON 
AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - ??? 
Quote:
Originally Posted by catskills23
Why do you doubt that tyson could get up on his toes and dance around the ring like ali, tyrell biggs and larry holmes could do it why not tyson ?
I'm sorry catskill23 but didn't MarvDave answer the question. We do you insist on having Tyson fight a style that didn't suit his body type and strategy?
Old 12-19-2004, 06:04 PM
catskills23
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 14 catskills23 has a reputation beyond reputecatskills23 has a reputation beyond reputecatskills23 has a reputation beyond reputecatskills23 has a reputation beyond reputecatskills23 has a reputation beyond reputecatskills23 has a reputation beyond reputecatskills23 has a reputation beyond reputecatskills23 has a reputation beyond reputecatskills23 has a reputation beyond reputecatskills23 has a reputation beyond reputecatskills23 has a reputation beyond repute
to a legendary poster, and tyson student - jreckoning This goes out to the ATG of posters Hall of famer CATSKILLS23 this one's 4 you bruv..Do us proud!!! - The Gully Gad 

I am not insisting he should of used a stick and move straregy, I just want to know did tyson have the ability to get up on his toes and danced like ali, whether he had that kind of foot movememt .
Old 12-19-2004, 06:34 PM
BoxingPromoter
Celtics Nation

Rep Power: 91 BoxingPromoter has a reputation beyond reputeBoxingPromoter has a reputation beyond reputeBoxingPromoter has a reputation beyond reputeBoxingPromoter has a reputation beyond reputeBoxingPromoter has a reputation beyond reputeBoxingPromoter has a reputation beyond reputeBoxingPromoter has a reputation beyond reputeBoxingPromoter has a reputation beyond reputeBoxingPromoter has a reputation beyond reputeBoxingPromoter has a reputation beyond reputeBoxingPromoter has a reputation beyond repute
A gift for ya.. - !! AI-Holmes!! You're one of my heroes. I love you son. - mickeyb Thanks for the gift. Congrats on passing 7k posts - ??? A round on me - boxing2005 Vitali!!! - Mike Tyson77 
Have a drink on me my friend. - BatTheMan Thanks for getting me into Team Classic. - BattlingNelson Chris gets nothing from me. - BUFFOON 
AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - ??? 
Quote:
I am not insisting he should of used a stick and move straregy, I just want to know did tyson have the ability to get up on his toes and danced like ali, whether he had that kind of foot movememt .
Nobody could dance and move more effectively than Muhammad Ali. Catskills, when you get 100 posts to your name check out the Ali-Quarry boxing download and you will see "the greatest" dance like he was at the senior prom.
Old 12-19-2004, 06:37 PM
catskills23
Undisputed Champion

Okay I know tyson couldnt of danced like ali , but could tyson of danced like tyrell biggs or larry holmes ? .
Old 12-19-2004, 06:44 PM
BoxingPromoter
Celtics Nation

Quote:
Okay I know tyson couldnt of danced like ali , but could tyson of danced like tyrell biggs or larry holmes ? .
Pleeeeze Catskills, your beating a dead horse. What do you want to hear that Tyson could dance like Biggs or Holmes? Okay, Tyson could dance like Larry Holmes,Tyrell Biggs, Usher, Nelly, MC Hammer. Now are you happy?
Old 12-19-2004, 07:42 PM
rsl
Banned

Rep Power: 0 rsl has a reputation beyond reputersl has a reputation beyond reputersl has a reputation beyond reputersl has a reputation beyond reputersl has a reputation beyond reputersl has a reputation beyond reputersl has a reputation beyond reputersl has a reputation beyond reputersl has a reputation beyond reputersl has a reputation beyond reputersl has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 50,782.00

This thread is whack, does Roy Jones Jr. have exceptional athletic ability, duh... C'mon man Tyson had all the physical tools one could possibly ask for. Now if Tyson would've developed a jab then I think he could've been a pretty damn good boxer/puncher as well. But Tyson and that bob and weave style was like Peanut butter and jelly, it was simply a thing of beauty w/ a whole lot of ferocity!
Old 12-19-2004, 07:46 PM
rsl
Banned

Rep Power: 0 rsl has a reputation beyond reputersl has a reputation beyond reputersl has a reputation beyond reputersl has a reputation beyond reputersl has a reputation beyond reputersl has a reputation beyond reputersl has a reputation beyond reputersl has a reputation beyond reputersl has a reputation beyond reputersl has a reputation beyond reputersl has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 50,782.00

I've always wondered what Tyson would've been like if he ended up being a football player, would've probably been in the mold of a Jamal Lewis, definitely an east - west type of runner.